Witches and Demons [NC]

Started by Xillen, January 07, 2011, 11:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Interest thread
Characters and rules
Out of Character
In Character

Ok, I've written out the details on which you can spend your stat points. Note that it's not a fully fledged out system, just something basic that allows you to prioritize some stats over others. It also only determines if you succeed at something. What the effect is when you succeed is basically something I will decide on, if it's not obvious enough.

I've included links to each other thread in the first post of each thread, but since I just hit a new page, I've included the links here as well.

Xillen

And the first characters are up, by Scribbles and ShadesOfGray. Feel free to observe them in the rules and character thread, or discuss them in the OOC thread.

Drake Valentine

Is it alright to subtract for the base health demons are given and then add those points elsewhere in stats? Or do you want all demons to have 16 health?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Xillen

The 16 health represents the Demon's tough skin, immunity to resistance and poison, and regenerative power.

If you want to, you're allowed to lower your health, but for balance reasons, you're not allowed to add these points to other statistics instead.

Drake Valentine

Hmm, but wouldn't the lowering of health and adding to another stat, as long as it doesn't exceed the 12, still counteract balance. Since the character itself would be more vulnerable and less resistant to damage?

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Xillen

The idea is that the demons don't have too much power on their own (not without being able to use their own magic). So the points on their proactive skills is somewhat limited.

The Demons aren't intended to be a vulnerable target, though. Hence the health of 16.

Seer

I'm interested in playing a demon but you seem to have more demons than Witches right now. Feel free to drop me a PM if you get more Witches.

Xillen

It's basically up to the Witches who they want to play their Demon partner, since I want them to be comfortable about it.

So basically any of the Witch players could contact you, if they think you would make for a nice Demon partner. :)

Xillen

Witches: Scribbles and Anithinum have posted their character. Meliai has also PMed me her character in progress. There are at most two spots left. Giulianna, if you want to claim one of the spots, post a character, or PM me a character concept.

Demons: ShadeOfGray, Drake Valentine and RomanSoldier have posted their character. Polymorph and Seer have shown an interest in playing a Demon character. I might play a Demon character myself. As mentioned before, the Witch players decide who get to play their characters' Demon partners. Because the Demon characters have quite a bit of power over the Witch characters, I prefer the Witch players having partners they're comfortable about. Witch players are encouraged to contact Demon players to see if they would match well.

Adventurers: I've come back on my earlier statement, and decided to not allow magic users to fill the role of Adventurer. There are at most two slots available. Spell (and perhaps Tsunami), if you want to claim an Adventurer spot, you need to post a character or PM me a character concept, just like witches.

Succubus: None have shown interest in this role just yet.

All but two Witches/Adventurers should be ordinary humans. Meliai has claimed the elven/fay heritage. One Witch or Adventurer can still, due to a failed magical experiment on the day she was born, choose to have anthropomorphic features.

Opheliac

I call dibs on the Succubus. *grins*

Xillen

Welcome, Ophelia. :)

Witches: Scribbles, Anithinum and Meliai have posted their character. There are at most two spots left. Giulianna, if you want to claim one of the spots, post a character, or PM me a character concept.

Demons: ShadeOfGray, Drake Valentine, RomanSoldier and Polymorph have posted their character. Seer is also planning on creating one. I might play a Demon character myself, if the match-ups don't work out. As mentioned before, the Witch players decide who get to play their characters' Demon partners. Because the Demon characters have quite a bit of power over the Witch characters, I prefer the Witch players having partners they're comfortable about. Witch players are encouraged to contact Demon players to see if they would match well. Since we're currently a little high on Demons, I recommend not going for the Demon characters, unless you know one of the Witch players would want you as their partner.

Adventurers: I've come back on my earlier statement, and decided to not allow magic users to fill the role of Adventurer. There are at most two slots available. Spell (and perhaps Tsunami), if you want to claim an Adventurer spot, you need to post a character or PM me a character concept, just like witches.

Succubus: Ophelia has filled this spot up. I'm not looking for additional Succubi.

All but two Witches/Adventurers should be ordinary humans. Meliai has claimed the elven/fay heritage. One Witch or Adventurer can still, due to a failed magical experiment on the day she was born, choose to have anthropomorphic features.

Xantham

As it seems fairly open still, I am posting an adventurer slot.  Let me know if someone called dibs, where I may have missed it.

Xillen

Spell announced that he was interested in playing an Adventurer, and he was the only one. There are two slots available.

Also, just stating your interest in a character type doesn't reserve you a spot. Have had enough people passing by stating their interest and then disappearing.

If you want an Adventurer, go ahead and make a character. If I approve it, the slot is yours.

Joebob

Hey there,

I'm interested in playing a Demon, but it looks like this is a fairly popular role.  I will hold off until I get your say on whether you'd welcome another demon character

Cheers

Xillen

That might indeed be the smartest option. While it's the Witch players' call who get to play the Demon characters, there's enough characters up for a decent amount of choice.

Considering that, I've decided not to post what I was planning as my demon character, not unless we get to 5 Witches without having 5 Demons available. Of course, if one of the Witches is particularly interested in me playing their Demon partner, feel free to contact me.

Also, welcome aboard, Xantham. A single Adventurer spot now remains.

Spell

I'm still interested in playing the second adventurer. Will have CS posted by tomorrow.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Fantasy Fan

This RP looks quite interesting and, even though there are a number of people who have already made Demon sheets, I am most interested in trying to RP a Demon. Before I make a character though, I was wondering if a young Incubus would be alright? I know that you said you weren't looking for other Succubi, but if the Succubus (Opheliac) happened to draw in an Incubus at the beginning, it could create another interesting dynamic. If not, I totally get it and will create a different Demon, it was just an idea that popped into my mind.
O.o

Xillen

We currently already have 5 Demon characters, and I think Joebob would be eager to jump in if someone would bail out, so I don't think we're looking for Demon characters at this time. Sorry for that.

At this time, we're basically only looking for 2 Witches.

Xillen

Giulianna is working on her character, which means a single Witch slot remains.

Xillen

GENERAL RULE: WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS OF WHAT IS REALISTIC AND WHAT IS NOT! IF YOU FIND ANOTHER CHARACTER UNREALISTIC, EITHER GO WITH THE FLOW OR PICK IT UP WITH THAT PLAYER AND SORT IT OUT. IF YOU THINK YOURSELF INCAPABLE OF DOING THAT, PLEASE LEAVE THE GAME, THANK YOU!

I thought that message would be considered basic sense, but since I just had to can one of my other games, because it's players were too immature to work things out, I'm putting it up as a rule.

Hopefully that should be no reason for concern to any of you.

Greetings, Xillen.

Drake Valentine

;3 Not sure what game that may of been though sorry to hear that, but shouldn't be problems here. I mean.. it is technically fantasy, there is magic, there just is no such thing as 'realism' with such elements floating about.

Xillen

Well, despite it being a fantasy setting, that doesn't mean stuff no longer has to make sense in any way. If motivations for example would be totally out of whack, it would be hard for other players to react to it, as the scene would not make sense to them.

I doubt it's going to be an issue in any of my other games, and that it was just an unlucky misfit in that game, but I put it up in all my other games as a general guideline just in case.

Seer

Quote from: Xillen on January 10, 2011, 07:22:25 AM
and that it was just an unlucky misfit in that game

I think we've all run across that sort at least once. A shame it ruined your RP.

Anithinum

I've been through that...although I will clarify right now, I am a very patient, understanding person when it comes to RP. If I have a problem I will try to adapt or solve it. So I will swear the oath of equal RPing  ::)
On~Off

Sign this and let's begin

Chrystal

Checking: Do you have any female demons? Given the rules you posted, if there are, I would happily play a witch opposite a female demon. If not, I am willing to create a female demon to give the ladies the choice should they want it...?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!