Dying for a GM for a dwarven pathfinder game.

Started by Blinkin, February 17, 2013, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Ok, this is a little unusual, but here goes...

I've been dying to find a pathfinder game that is made up entirely of dwarves... the only problem is that I don't know the system half well enough to even consider running a game... so I'm looking for someone who would want to run a game for said group of dwarves.

So... if anyone is interested in GMing a group of rowdy, hell-bent for glory dwarves, or if anyone might be interested in a game like this... help?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

That sounds like a fun thing to play. 

I'm way too busy to run it though!  Just started two new games, and am trying to get a writing project going. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Ah, Mr. Muse. ;)

I expected you to appear around here someplace. You stalking me? lol

I didn't think that you would have time to DM anything else, or I would of approached you privately... although you're always fun to play with.... I'm sure that any party of dwarves wouldn't be complete with a female among them to drive them knuts... or even if there is only 1 male, drive him knuts. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheRaven

Not sure if I could find time to run it, but I'd be happy to play if we could stumble across a GM.  ;D
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheRaven

...You know, since I'm bored on a Monday night with nothing to do, would this be a 20 or 25 point buy?  ::)
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Blinkin

Well, it's up to the GM ultimately, but as you're asking me, I still prefer the 25 point buy or a straight 4D6 and drop the lowest system. ;) I tend to like the randomness of rolling the attributes as they can sometimes be more fun to play with  if you have to play a week stat.

Example: 4D6, dropping the lowest gets me...

Those are, of course, unmodified by racial modifiers or level up's. They are fairly average and the 9 and 10 kinda pushes you to be creative in what you do and how you play it.

But, who knows what the eventual GM may do... I have a character pretty much set up, except for the attributes and I can up him from 1st level to whatever fairly quickly.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chajesdad

Good Master Blinkin,

It is my great and humble honor to extend this opportunity for high adventure. I do feel the responsibility to advise, it shall be an exclusively dwarven party, there shall be travel and mayhem, song and intrigue, magic and might. Little is known about the world above or below, for we have clung to the mountain that is our home and driven out all who would defile or invade her secrets, accepting few as ally and none outside our skin as friend. Moradin, his right hand Dumathoin, and his wife Berronar, watch over us from the Moradinsamman. If it pleases you, and the terms are acceptable, please send word of your acceptance. There shall be six others at your table, one Muse by monicker, the other five are yet to be decided.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This game I am offering is in a custom world, from an insular, hearty clan of dwarves who have carved their society from the very fringes of the world. Their nearest reliable neighbors are actually a set of halfling barbarian tribes that raise dinosaurs on the plains below the mountains, and migrate through rotation. An elven hermit that wanders the mountains with an eye for the beauty of her surfaces, and knowledge of her strength beneath. These are truly the only allies the clan has, though there is word and some understanding of the world beyond, it is not through direct contact. The land is inhospitable to standard trade travel. I like the 25 point buy, and I will be using it, please adjust characters for 6th level. Limiting alignment to lawful or good. You can play lawful evil, you can play chaotic good, but there must be one of these alignment qualifiers, and both are welcome as well. I am doubling starting money, but, you must describe how this additional income is from your connection with the dwarven clan. History within the clan will be important so backstory is a must. Name names, family, enemies, business partners, shieldmate, beloveds, and for the very bold, how far are you from succession to the throne.

For the bold, the king led a venture party away from the clan in his youth, having assigned a regent. 90 years later, the kid brother of the king has begun to dispute the regents claim to the throne. Ten years stand between the king and his throne. If the throne stands empty for 10 more years, the contract signed by the king himself as he left the stony gates, provides the regent full lordly rights, as the new king of the clan. Pending a better suited candidate be proven.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I want to play not sure what since we are rolling stats it seems depends. But a female dwarf could be fun.

Blinkin

Honored Master Chajesdad.

Your offer is viewed acceptible in all particulars and I hartedly accept your offer.

To the roster of brave dwarves, I add one called The Raven, who has expressed interest in the proposed plan. If this couragous adventurer chooses to join our merry band of merading mischief makers proves true, then we shall be 3 with 4 yet to step forward, as you have stipulated.

As to particulars concerning my own contribution to this noble quest, I offer a Dwarven fighter and craftsman of no weak stone, although his backstory has not yet been written, he will be a staunch and loyal supporter of the King and his rightful bloodline.... I need to see how multi-classing works differently in pathfinder as compared to D&D as I may look into another possible class as well.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Agna the Lame
Dwarven Cleric

Strength 6  [-2]
Dexterity 11  [+0]
Constitution 15  [+1]
Intelligence 6  [-2]
Wisdom 18  [+4]
Charisma 14  [+2]

Born with a muscle disease that affects her strength she is still fit and wise in the ways of the divine powers that guard and protect the Dwarven people even if not "book smart" and is a socially gifted dwarven woman. She tends to travel light when she travels.

Chajesdad

Sweet Caste List is as follows

Blinkin                 Fighter
Muse                   Alchemist
Ruby Slippers       Cleric
Raven                  Ranger
Cryorage              ??
Luna                    Magus
Zaer Darkwail        ??

Remember all 25 point buy, double starting money with backstory attaching one to the clan, 6th level, lawful or good alignment restriction.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Oh okay, someone rolled I thought earlier. Point buy is better will do a cleric likely will play a common miners daughter pretty much dwarven middle class. :D

Blinkin

If some caster will pick the Craft Magical Item feat, I'll go into partnership and we'll outfit everyone with magical arms and armor. ;)

I'm picking up craft armor and craft weapons... It would be a nice combo and provide a nice backstory.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheRaven

One question before I start with character creation. Are we going to be spending a great deal of this campaign underground?

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blinkin on February 21, 2013, 12:45:09 PM
If some caster will pick the Craft Magical Item feat, I'll go into partnership and we'll outfit everyone with magical arms and armor. ;)

I'm picking up craft armor and craft weapons... It would be a nice combo and provide a nice backstory.

My character is going to be a Runeforger she can make armor and weapons a lot faster alone. But she could use a partner.

Blinkin

Yeah, bbut the runes have a shelf life and takes time to do. You only get so many a day and it really doesn't help until you're in combat. If you're making magical weapons and armor, it's always enchanted.

I'm happy to talk about the two dwarves partnering up, his crafting skill level will be in the mid to high teens, so DC's will be relatively easy. Speed isn't really a concern in outfitting as they have 6 levels to of done it and even charging half of the regular price,makes coin. ;)

I suppose that I could write in a caster who gets paid to do the enchanting of his work. Since there's a lot of background to work out, it could save the characters a little coin in the weapon and armor department if it works out... GM?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Hm...  I think I'm overdoing it with the magic armor I'm getting for Tarkanna. 

With +2 in both armor and shield, she has an AC of 27.  (Goes to 29 when she drinks her mutagen.) 

Maybe I should drop both of those to +1 and get her some utility items.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Or, she can just get a masterworked version and still get the +1 bonus... I'll give her a good price. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blinkin on February 21, 2013, 03:57:24 PM
Yeah, bbut the runes have a shelf life and takes time to do. You only get so many a day and it really doesn't help until you're in combat. If you're making magical weapons and armor, it's always enchanted.

I'm happy to talk about the two dwarves partnering up, his crafting skill level will be in the mid to high teens, so DC's will be relatively easy. Speed isn't really a concern in outfitting as they have 6 levels to of done it and even charging half of the regular price,makes coin. ;)

I suppose that I could write in a caster who gets paid to do the enchanting of his work. Since there's a lot of background to work out, it could save the characters a little coin in the weapon and armor department if it works out... GM?

But you can shove them onto a magic item also making her magic warhammer and such even better. I get craft magic arms and armor free at 3rd level under the archetype you know.  ;D

I likely will gift the band at the start of the mission with items of power if you like make a big deal out of it, and your to name them since they are items of power.

Muse

A splinter from the Sunstone Clan, the Stoneskulls long ago went from goat herding to breeding and training war bores.  Like the Sunstones and other surface clans, they also serve as the first line of defense against invasion from above, and they’ve developed small unit skirmishing tactics useful for charging giants with lances, then goring them, then breaking away before they can suffer too much retaliation. 

Tarkana is the eldest daughter in a big family.  Her grandparents are heads of the clan. 

Though a ferocious warrior—sometimes bordering on a berserker--what makes Tarkana truly dangerous is her mastery of Alchemy.  She tires to have potion available for any problem.  She’ll soften up dangerous foes with bombs before going in for the kill with her war axe, “Myth Ender,” which is said to have once been used in battle against an avatar of Gruumsh. 

Tarkana is a sturdy, chesty dwarf-maid with thick, fiery hair.  She divides it into three braids—one over each shoulder and an extra thick one in the back.  It’s questionable whether the mace heads in each braid are functional or not.  No one’s seen her use them and lived to tell the tale.   

Blinkin

No big deal Ruby. There's no real use in having multiples of skill in a party, so I'll redirect my focus. You'll have the better positioned character for it and a second armorer/weapon smith would be redundant.

Back to the crafting board and see what I can come up with... a dwarf without a craft is just not right. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

How about a stonecutter?

Oh and GM will we be based out of the clan home or be traveling around? If the former I will likely invest in a workshop and suitable masterwork tools plus a shrine to her deity.

My character is coming along nicely.

Muse

Eleven years ago, during a brief but bloody conflict with a goblin nation called “The Goblin Fire War,” many dwarves were burned with alchemist’s fire by goblins who would not have otherwise been able to penetrate their defenses. 

In the final battle of the war, Tarkana was part of a flanking maneuver that got to the goblin’s main camp from behind and broke their army.  In the process, she found in the tent of one of their champions a cauldron, a bead, and a gnomish text on transcendental alchemy.  She petitioned the lord regent for permission to claim this loot for herself.  When her petition was granted, she devoured the knowledge within the book voraciously, thus becoming a skilled transcendental alchemist. 

Blinkin

I'll have to think about the craft.

Since you're being so gracious as making magical weapons/armor for the party, I'll need:

Dwarven double headed warax
Dwarven plate
A crossbow would be nice, but don't want to push... lol

He will, of course, pay the material cost.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.