What you don't see (EX) Recruitment

Started by Sparrowhawke, February 02, 2014, 05:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparrowhawke

ŴhatҰouĐon'tŞee 

Ştory

The world is as it always has been. humanity lives on believing it is alone in this world, perhaps in the entire universe. People live, people die, wars are fought and love is made. Technology marches ever onward and the past is largely forgotten.

What you don't see is what lies beneath, the other world that has been hidden from sight. There are creatures, many of which are nigh indistinguishable from human, that hide in plain sight. They walk among you, keeping peace for the most part. They have been here, as far as is known, for as long as humanity itself. Once, these creatures were known, and their legends have remained, old truths buried in myth.

This secret doesn't keep itself, of course. A long time ago a council of humans and non-humans met and decided, due to the conflicts already emerging between the two, that it would be best for non-humans to go into hiding. In order to protect this secret, and to protect humans from those that ignore the treaty, a secret organization was created. The Sentinels. It's the Sentinels' job to make sure non-humans don't reveal the secret of their existence, and also to be a sort of 'police' force for them, as regular humans are often incapable of dealing with non-human threats, especially if they don't know what it is they're up against.

The question now is, where do you fit in? Are you a Sentinel, one of their enemies, or perhaps just an innocent who gets thrown into the middle? You decide.

Şetting

This roleplay is set in the year 2026. There have been a few technological advancements, but things will be largely the same as they are now. The Sentinels have access to slightly better technology, but I'd still like you to run anything too advanced by me first. The Sentinels have bases all over the world, but we'll be focusing on the american branch. The base is located in the desert, just far enough away from civilization to be hidden. The outside of the base looks like an almost abandoned complex, only becoming something more when you find your way deeper. The base is quite large, more than big enough to house all of it's members and allow them to live in relative comfort, if not quite luxury.

SENTINELS
The Sentinels are an international organization dedicated to the protection of humanity and the protection of the secret of non-human life on earth. They are responsible for the apprehension or elimination of anyone or anything that threatens those things. Most of their attention is on non-humans or humans that have abilities, but they also work to locate and contain any items or even places that might be dangerous. The Sentinels are an elite group, they have to be considering what they're up against, and their ranks include both humans and non-humans.

THE COVENANT
The Sentinels aren't the only organization to deal with non-humans, nor were they the first. A group calling themselves The Covenant have been around since long before the Sentinels, though their motives are far less pure. The Covenant are a religious sect that believe that the majority of non-humans (aside from angels) should be wiped out. They often come in direct opposition with the Sentinels, as they take out innocent non-humans as well as those that break the treaty. They have also been known to target humans with abilities, depending on their allegiance. The Covenant do not have as many resources as the Sentinels, nor do they have as much in the way of tech, but they have experience on their sides. They are experts at killing most non-humans, and they make use of their knowledge whenever they can.

℞ules

ELLIQUIY RULES
Since you’re all here I’m sure you’re familiar with the rules. Follow them.

I AM GM
Which means if I say something, you best listen. I reserve the right to kick people and kill characters if I see fit, but I promise I won't do these things lightly. I am also the one you should go to if you have any questions, complaints or suggestions, my PM box is always open.

PROFILES
Profiles must be sent to me and approved before you can post. Feel free to PM me to reserve a spot, but be aware that reserves will only last 2 days before the spot opens up again. I reserve the right to deny profiles for any reason. Common reasons include but are not limited to; Gary/Mary Sues, incomprehensible grammar/spelling and when it's obvious someone didn't read all the information in this thread.

CHARACTERS
You can have as many characters as you can keep up with. I'd like to see a nice diverse selection, however. If you can see we have a bunch of a certain race or group or the like please think about sending in something different, at least till we have a better balance.
Characters can and will die in this rp, but your permission will be needed before that can happen.

TARGET CHARACTERS
If you make a target character, they will end up dead or imprisoned. This, of course, doesn't mean they won't get to wreak havoc beforehand, so long as there's some degree of plotting going on. This is the same for any characters that do anything to end up as target characters. If you want to make one of these characters, (or 'upgrade' an existing one) please plot with me a little so you don't implode anyone else's plans by mistake.
If you're playing a non-human and your character randomly starts running around attacking/killing people or blatantly showing off their powers/racial attributes there will be consequences. I reserve the right to kill off characters for this reason. You will receive one warning.

FIGHTING
This rp is obviously going to end up with a little fighting. I'm not going to use systems, as it would be a little too complicated with powers and the like; so what I want is for people to talk, work out whether or not to determine the outcome in advance or perhaps use some dice rolls, or agree to just see how it goes. What I do not want to see is people getting into fights over who's character should win. God modding will not be tolerated.

ETIQUETTE
OOC lives in the OOC thread. You can have a little bit in your posts, so long as it's separate from IC and it's relevant to your post.
If you're leaving the roleplay, please tell me. It makes it a lot easier when I don't have to chase you down for not posting. Also notify me (and whoever you're rping with at the time) if you're not going to be able to post for a while. I will understand if circumstances make it so you can't, so long as you have a good reason.
Use this header in your posts;
[float=left][img padding=5]IMAGEHERE (150x200 or similar size)[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]With/Tag:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]

[hr]

Treat each other with respect and have fun!

₢haracters

THE SENTINELS
The Commander - Taken
The commander of the sentinels. His word is law.
  • Maynard Roque - Sparrowhawke

Second in Command - Open
If the commander cannot be reached for any reason, this person takes charge.
  • Open -

Assistant - Open
Running an operation like this takes a lot of paperwork. Despite the title, this person has quite a bit of power in the organization, as they are responsible for most of the administrative duties that the Commander doesn't have time for.
  • Open -

Mission Control - Open;; Two spots available
These people generally stay at base, it's their job to keep an eye on missions from afar, giving valuable information to those out on the front lines. They analyze information from whatever source they can pull it from. When there aren't any missions running it's their job to scan news reports and other media for any possible threats. If a non-human goes rogue, they're the first to know.
  • Gareth Foss - Sparrowhawke
  • Open -
  • Open -

Soldiers - Open;; Four spots available
Highly trained warriors, these are the ones that get sent out on the front lines. They're the ones that are most commonly sent out on missions.
  • Oleg - Cold Heritage
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

Recon - Open;; Three spots available
These are the ones that get sent out when more information is needed, whether it's to scope out a location, infiltrate groups or 'secure' items. Stealth and a quick mind are necessary. Work very closely with mission control.
  • Kaiser Hart - Dim Hon
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

Assassins - Open;; Two spots available
Sometimes a mission is best carried out without a full fighting unit. Assassins are sent out when a target needs to be dealt with quietly. These people are trained in stealth and covert movement. If they're doing their job right, the target is dead before they even knew they were there.
  • Shavain Novi - Sparrowhawke
  • Open -
  • Open -

Medics - Open;; Three spots available
People get hurt on missions, so they need someone to patch them up. Occasionally sent out onto the front lines, but mostly stay back at base.
  • Owen Palmer - Sparrowhawke
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

Engineers - Open;; Three spots available
Equipment also gets damaged on missions. Engineers fix broken equipment, and when they aren't busy with that, work on developing new tech for everyone to use.
  • Nödt Guizbatt - Scarification
  • Open -
  • Open -

Public Relations - Taken
Despite their best efforts, sometimes things get out. It's this person's job to try and convince people that it wasn't what they might be thinking it was.
  • Theresa St. Claire - GrapeTootsiePop

THE COVENANT
Leader - Taken
The leader of the Covenant. Often seen on the front lines along with their soldiers.
  • Sinclair Kay - Blythe

Second in Command - Open
The trusted right-hand man or woman.
  • Open -

Soldiers - Open;; Five spots available
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

Medics - Open;; Three spots available
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

OTHERS
Civilians - Open;; Four spots available
Both human and non-humans, these are the people that are just trying to live their lives peacefully but perhaps get swept into the story against their will.
  • Charles Anselin - Sparrowhawke
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

Hunters - Open;; Five spots available
The Sentinels and the Covenant aren't the only ones aware of the existence of non-humans. 'Hunters' have no or little organization among them, often individuals or small groups. They are people who know about the existence of non-humans and, for whatever reason, have decided to hunt them down. Occasionally they are only aware of or care about one particular type of non-human, such as vampire hunters.
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

Targets - Open;; Three spots available
Targets are non-humans who have done something to gain themselves a bounty on their heads. Whether it is simply threatening the secret of non-human life on earth or preying on humans or going on a full blown rampage. Some targets can be brought in alive, others have to be killed.
  • Claude du Lac - Blythe
  • Open -
  • Open -
  • Open -

℞aces

HUMANS
Some humans are more than what they seem. Some are born with capabilities outside of normal human bounds. Why this happens is unknown, and in most cases these people go their whole lives without realizing that they're anything special. Those that receive training, however, are capable of amazing things. These abilities can manifest in a number of ways. Telekinesis, future sight, the ability to see spirits or auras and similar abilities gain the title Psychics. Other powers, such as elemental manipulation and such gain the title Mages. Occasionally people are capable of doing both, but it's rare, and people tend to show aptitude towards one skill in particular.

Anomalies are humans (and occasionally non-humans) that become different at some point in their lives, or are born with strange traits. The causes for anomalies are various and often unknown. This classification is often used when no other one will fit.

VAMPIRES
Vampires in this setting will not be affected by sunlight, nor is a simple bite enough to turn a victim. They are stronger, faster, and have better senses than humans. Their heightened senses can be a bane, however, as it makes them vulnerable to sensory overloads (such as too much light/noise or strong scents.) They are reliant on blood for sustenance, though they can still eat normal food, even if they don't need it. So long as they aren't killed, and they keep well-fed, vampires are considered immortal. Vampires are also sterile.

If a vampire shares their blood with a human, it doesn't turn them fully, instead creating Ghouls. Vampire blood can become addictive, but it does have the side-effect of making the human consuming it stronger and increasing their senses and lengthening their life-span by a few decades. The side-effects are nothing compared to a full vampire, but better than an average human.

To turn a human the Sire must drain them of their blood, while simultaneously feeding them some of their own. The turning process requires a little more to be effective, however, as just these steps will end up with the newly turned vampire being little more than a zombie, if the process works at all.. If, however, they have been imbibing their Sire's blood before the turning, they are more likely to retain their sanity and to be more powerful in their next life. The more blood they have taken in during their human lives, the better. Vampires also retain any scars they gained in their human lives, but all illnesses are removed.

Vampires are said to be vulnerable to holy symbols, but the effect is more in the faith of the wielder than the symbol itself. As such, a non-religious person holding a cross would have no effect, whereas a true believer would be able to cause genuine harm. The weaker a vampire is the more effect this will have. Holy water is known to remove the taint of a vampire's blood from a ghoul, making them human again, but this is an extremely painful process.

THERIANTHROPES
Therianthropes, or 'were-creatures' are people that were once human that are capable of turning into an animal. It is not known why, but their powers are attuned to the lunar cycle. During a full moon, their ability to control their shifting lessens, but experienced Therians can keep it from happening. Conversely, during a new moon it takes a lot of effort to change. The first full moon for a Therian is always the hardest, as they have yet to learn to control their more animalistic side. Therians are only capable of turning into one type of animal, and which type often depends on which animal their Sire transforms into. Therians are vulnerable to silver, and they turn humans by biting them in their animal form. Children of Therians (regardless of if it's only one parent or both) will also be Therians, though if the parents are different types, it is 50/50 what type the child will be. Therians are not immortal, but tend to live two to three times longer than normal humans.

Therianthropes are generally stronger and faster than normal humans, though a lot depends on their level of fitness. Their senses are stronger as well, often corresponding with those of their animal forms, though their senses are stronger when they are in their animal forms. Those with strong control over their transformations can pause their transformations part way, or chose to change specific things, but most are only capable of changing between human and their animal counterpart. Therians can only change into one breed of animal, and when they change they are practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

MERFOLK
Not to be confused with aquatic Therianthropes, Merfolk are humanoids that live within the ocean. The term is given to the wide range of creatures that live below the water. Merfolk are often humanoid in appearance, but with many features that make life below water possible, such as fins, scales and gills. There are both predator and prey types of Merfolk, and on occasion the predators prey on other Merfolk, or humans that get close enough to the water.

Many of the Merfolk consider themselves the 'protectors' of life underwater, and have even created their own offshoot of the sentinels, the bases of which are, obviously, inhabited only by those that can survive under water. Some Merfolk, like humans, are capable of using magic, and a specific breed, often called Sirens have developed the use of glamour and light hypnotism to draw in their prey. There are also a number of Merfolk capable of breathing air and navigating land, however all feel more comfortable around water.

FAE
Faeries (also known as the Fair Folk or the Sidhe) loosely organize themselves into two contrasting sides known as Seelie and Unseelie:

• Seelie Fairies tend to be nicer, and are polite and well-inclined. They play pranks, but usually not ones that are fatal, and often to teach a lesson (even if that lesson is some form of "don't fuck with me"). They sometimes make deals, but these deals are often meant to trick mortals into getting something they want, while giving as little as possible.
  • Unseelie, on the other hand, delight in negative emotions; they will torture children because they get a rush from the emotions. They kill, because they take glee in it. Their pranks, when not lethal, still may be crippling, or excessively harsh.  In some cases, the Unseelie Faeries have a compulsion to this, rather than a clear choice; it is their Calling, their Purpose.[/i]
Morality among the Fae (both Seelie and Unseelie) can be pretty heavily skewed and inconsistent. It can make them difficult to work with, to understand; and dangerously difficult to predict.

Fae live in another world, often called the ‘Otherworld.’ Portals to this world can be found throughout the mortal world in the form of ‘Fairie Circles,’ (rings of flowers or mushrooms occurring in nature) certain geological formations, and the Sidhe, the mounds from which they gained one of their many names. Many other portals are rumoured to exist; and there are even those Fae who can simply will themselves from one world to another, although it is only the truly powerful Fae that can pull off that feat.

Most Faeries do not bother themselves with the mortal world, preferring to tend to their own business. As such, the most frequent visitors are those considered to be ‘children.’ (Often meaning that they are only a few centuries old, at most.) Certain Faerie, however, may spend a good portion of their lives wheeling and dealing in the human world. Some are outcasts that cannot return for various reasons. Others are dependent on human kind in some fashion for sustenance, making the human world an ideal home.

There are many different kinds of Fae, all with their own abilities, weaknesses and habits. However, there are a few common traits that bind them together. Most are capable of Glamour, which allows them to be perceived as they wish. They are all creatures of magic. It suffuses their very being, and is the source of their powers. Most Fae can shrug off harm; you can shoot them, stab them, run them over. But they're not invulnerable. Magic can wound and kill Faeries. Cold-forged Iron is also a common weakness to them; weapons made of cold-forged iron can end the lives of Faeries, and jewellery made from it is supposedly able to suppress their powers.

ANGELS/DEMONS
Angels are intimidating creatures. They are strict in their laws, and powerful beings. In general, they don't interfere with humanity without direct orders, and only tend to do so to deal with demons. They seem to care little for the struggles of mortals, even those they consider 'worthy.'

Demons come in many different forms, but most of them are capable of changing their shapes to look humanoid. Demons aren't necessarily evil, but few of them could be considered particularly moral. Powerful demons are rarely seen on earth, with only a handful or recorded appearances through history.

SPIRITS
Generally, spirits are those of the deceased, but on occasion there are other spirits, stronger spirits. It's unknown just what they are or what their intent is, but these others are usually the only ones strong enough to be seen by anyone who is not a psychic. Obviously, spirits have no body, and so cannot be killed by normal means, but strong magics can capture or destroy them.

CONSTRUCTS
Constructs are beings that have been created by magic. Basic constructs are only capable of performing certain tasks, and don't have thoughts of their own. More complicated ones are capable of thinking for themselves. Depending on the strength of the creator, the means of destroying a Construct can go from being as simple as 'killing' it, to needing a strong magical force to destroy it's 'core.'

Ҏrofile Şkeleton

[b]Name:[/b] Full name
[b]Username:[/b] Username (incl link to Ons and Offs)
[b]Nickname/Alias:[/b] *Optional
[b]Age:[/b] Age
[b]Gender:[/b] Gender
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Sexuality
[b]Race:[/b] Race
[b]Allegiance:[/b] Sentinels/Covenant/Other
[b]Role:[/b] Role
[b]Personality:[/b] Personality
[b]Biography:[/b] Biography
[b]Picture:[/b] Link to picture/s here
[b]Other:[/b] Anything else you want to have. If your character is an anomaly, mage, or has anything not included in the racial description, place info here.

Łinks

OOC Thread
Info/Character Sheets
Sentinel Base (IC)
Covenant Base (IC)
Elsewhere (IC)

Nadir

Yukina

I have a nice for this. A civilian complex construct that has no idea where she is from and who her creator is. I might have her have a power to form into some sort of magitech armor for those who befriend her if that would be alright.

Sparrowhawke

Yukina

Good. :) I'll get on creating her tonight.

Blythe

>_>

<_<

*may or may not have sent a PM with a Covenant leader idea to Sparrah*

*and may or may not have had to send it twice 'cause of my own silliness about character names and writing them down wrong. >_<* Woo, fix'd mah sheet! <3

Yukina

Glad to hear, Blythe.

I'm currently in middle of creating my sheet. Just have the personality and background left to type down.

AribethAmkiir

This looks very interesting.  Is the game going to be GM driven plot/episodes, sandbox style, some mix? 

With the mention of "Target characters" I assume individuals or a team will be hunting/finding certain characters who've broken the law in some way?  Or is this just a PvP between the Sentinels and the Covenant?

Sparrowhawke

A bit of a mix, I intend to come up with a few plots here and there but I'd also enjoy letting people come up with stuff as well.

I'm hoping for it to be more about finding and apprehending/killing target characters and completing missions with the covenant being a bit of a thorn in their side (especially considering the animosity between the vampire-hating Covenant leader and the vampire Sentinels commander.)

AribethAmkiir

Cool.

Vampires seem to be the most realized, or best explained, race.  Will there be more info added to the other races?  More specifically, do therianthropes have increased strength, speed, agility, or senses in their human form?  Are the animals they turn into larger than an average sized animal; ie: larger than a wolf, bear, tiger, etc? 

Sparrowhawke

Yeah, I have struggles with writing stuff like that up at times >//>

I've added another paragraph that should hopefully address those questions

Sparrowhawke

Yukina

TheHangedOne

Looks interesting. Might play a fae. if you'd like, Sparrow, I can help you flesh them out. I'm fairly familiar with the real world lore regarding them.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Sparrowhawke

Could indeed help xD I was having difficulty deciding which direction to go with them...

AribethAmkiir

I'm sorry for all the questions I have.    :-\

Can one character fill multiple positions in an organization?  For instance, can a character be both an assassin and a recon specialist?  Or can they be both a comm officer and engineer?  Or Recon and soldier?  Or are you really wanting that many characters in the game?

TheHangedOne

Well, I'll write some stuff up. I'm sticking closely to my understanding of the real world Scottish and Irish myths, or at least my understanding of them (which is pretty good, but not fully comprehensive). You can use, abuse, discard; whatever you want to do with it. Sound good?
Check out my poet tree!

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on February 03, 2014, 03:52:20 PM
I'm sorry for all the questions I have.    :-\

Can one character fill multiple positions in an organization?  For instance, can a character be both an assassin and a recon specialist?  Or can they be both a comm officer and engineer?  Or Recon and soldier?  Or are you really wanting that many characters in the game?

I mainly have that many positions up there just in case, I'm well aware there probably won't be that many xD

I suppose characters could have more than one position, so long as it makes sense that they'd be in both.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 03, 2014, 03:53:39 PM
Well, I'll write some stuff up. I'm sticking closely to my understanding of the real world Scottish and Irish myths, or at least my understanding of them (which is pretty good, but not fully comprehensive). You can use, abuse, discard; whatever you want to do with it. Sound good?

Sounds good~

TheHangedOne

The Fae are collectively known by many names, one of the more common ones being Fair Folk.  More traditionally, they have been referred to as the Sidhe [pronounced similar to the word 'she'], which is also a reference to their traditional Scottish and Irish homes; the barrows of the dead.

Of course, it's erroneous to say they actually live there. Those are simply where the entrances to the 'Otherworld' are found, amongst other locales. Fairie Circles, rings of flowers or mushrooms occurring in nature, are also portals to the Otherworld.  Certain geological formations are also said to be entrances and exits to the home world of the Fae. Many others are rumored to exist; and there are even those Fae who can simply will themselves from one world to another, although it is only the truly powerful Lords and Ladies that can pull off that feat.

Faeries loosely organize themselves into two contrasting sides: dark and light, better known as Seelie and Unseelie. One should not make the mistake of assuming that "Light" are good, and "Dark" are bad, though, because the most important thing to remember about the Fair Folk is that their morality is in no way based off of conventional human morality.   Their idea of what is "good" and what is "bad" can not be readily connected to the common way humans tend to look at those words. It occurs, some times by incident, that Fae and Human agree that something is bad, or good, but in general, these are the exceptions to the rule; they are oddities.

Seelie Fairies tend to be nicer, and are polite and well-inclined. They play pranks, but usually not ones that are fatal, and often to teach a lesson (even if that lesson is some form of "don't fuck with me").  They some times make deals, but these deals are often meant to trick mortals into getting something they want, while giving as little as possible. A good example are the Leanan Sidhe, Faerie Women that seduce mortal artists. They offer divine inspiration, and sexual bliss, in exchange for spiritual energy. They feed off of human sexual energy, much in the same way a Succubus/Incubus does. It's something they need. Taking it slowly eats away at the humans life expectancy, all but ensuring they will die young, and possibly deranged, but... as any Faerie will tell you, everything has its price. Everything.

Unseelie, on the other hand, delight in negative emotions; they will torture children because they get a rush from the emotions. They kill, because they take glee in it. Their pranks, when not lethal, still may be crippling, or excessively harsh.  In some cases, the Unseelie Faeries have a compulsion to this, rather than a clear choice; it is their Calling, their Purpose. Bogles, some times known as "bogeymen", for instance, exist almost solely to torture disrespectful and misbehaving children. They are compelled to do it, because it is what they are meant to do. Perhaps the strongest willed may ignore it for a time; but at that point, they'll also be grappling with an existential crisis.

Even between similar Light and Dark Faeries, their morality can be pretty heavily skewed; and individual Fae may not be consistent, either. It can make them difficult to work with, to understand; and dangerously difficult to predict. The radical differences are further compounded by differences between Fae and Human biology. Stabbing a Red Cap in the chest ain't a big deal; in fact, they might laugh about it, stab you back, and hey, you're pals. But, well, humans get stabbed in the chest... and the Fae may not understand why they aren't laughing? Why don't they get back up? It doesn't make any sense to them.

Most Faeries do not bother themselves with the mortal world. They've got their own vices to satisfy, politics to hash out, battles to fight, goods to buy and sell, art projects... some times, the human world is a good "play pen" for the youngsters, keep them out of danger (relatively speaking),  keep them from being a danger (some times), and give them a place where they can figure things out on their own.

Certain Faerie, however, may spend a good portion of their lives wheeling and dealing in the human world. Some are outcasts, that can not return for various reasons; reasons that are usually as different as the ones who have them. Some, such as the Leanan Sidhe, spend time amongst mortals, because their need for human sexual energy, and their desire to inspire artistic madness, make the human world an ideal home. Red Caps need human blood to prolong their lives, and so they spend a lot of time hunting 'game' in the human world.

Jumping back to an earlier topic, biology. Faeries usually appear in twisted human caricatures, with exaggerated or distorted features. Their true forms, at any rate, tend to be like that; most use Glamour in the human world to make them appear as hideously ugly, or terrifyingly beautiful examples of humanity, however.  One should not mistake them for possessing human frailty, however. Most may live for technically ever; old age means little to them.

Fae are spiritual creatures of magic. It suffuses their very being, and is the source of their powers. Most Fae can shrug off harm; you can shoot them, stab them, run them over. Might hurt a bit. Might just make them laugh, because hey, that look on your face when they shrug off the blasts of buckshot? That's a funny look! But they're not invulnerable. Magic can wound and kill Faeries. Cold-forged Iron is also a common weakness to them. Weapons made of cold-forged iron tend to violently and horrifically end the lives of Faeries, and jewelry made from it is supposedly able to suppress their powers.

Charms made of rowan or certain fragrant herbs are said to repel certain types of Fae.  In general, however, these 'talismans' tend to be very hit or miss, and there's no comprehensive listing of what works on what.  It is also known that each particular type of Fae tends to have their own weakness; the Asrai, for instance, will melt into a pool of water if so much as a single ray of sun is allowed to touch them.

Okay, I think i got a little scatter-brained and rambling at times. I did give some embellishments here and there. This link to Wikipedia is a decent reference, especially since their are links (Under the Faeries box) to pretty much all the Celtic ones. Like I said, run wild with it.
Check out my poet tree!

Sparrowhawke

Ok I cut a fair amount of that just to make it smaller, but the bones are still there. Looking much better now, thank you~

AribethAmkiir

Holy wall of text HangedMan, that is quite a bit of work.

Saric

This looks interesting. I've got a few quick questions though.

Therianthropes, you mention that their vulnerable to silver, does that mean their tougher against other things? Or super healing? Or is it just poisonous to them and they have no special resistance to harm?

Also you mention them turning humans by biting them in animal form, I feel like this is a little too easy. All you need is one newly changed wolf going crazy in a mall and you have 40-50 new werewolves. Not concealable at all. Perhaps make so they have to be mauled to the verge of death before the curse can slip in? Or it has to be done with intent? Maybe add some other required step? Because just a bite as an animal and soon you've got an epidemic of the newly bitten biting others who then bite others and within a year you've overrun a country or two. Just my thoughts on the matter.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Nadir

They do have other boosts to their stats in human form, so they aren't just humans with a silver allergy. Shavi for instance has significant healing abilities, that carry through to his human form, along with several other perks. As for the bite being "too easy" please notice it's not 100% of the time effective. It's simply the way it is transmitted. It doesn't need to be complicated further. 

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Saric on February 03, 2014, 10:05:53 PM
This looks interesting. I've got a few quick questions though.

Therianthropes, you mention that their vulnerable to silver, does that mean their tougher against other things? Or super healing? Or is it just poisonous to them and they have no special resistance to harm?

Also you mention them turning humans by biting them in animal form, I feel like this is a little too easy. All you need is one newly changed wolf going crazy in a mall and you have 40-50 new werewolves. Not concealable at all. Perhaps make so they have to be mauled to the verge of death before the curse can slip in? Or it has to be done with intent? Maybe add some other required step? Because just a bite as an animal and soon you've got an epidemic of the newly bitten biting others who then bite others and within a year you've overrun a country or two. Just my thoughts on the matter.

You can also deal with this in the simple fact that unless a Therianthrope has some training over their abilities, the animal will take over or the instinct to kill takes over or simply the likelihood of surviving a bite is extremely low.  There's a number of ways to handle that so it doesn't turn into an "outbreak".

Phobetor

Sentcha a PM asking some questions and then I'll send you my Character Sheet!!

;D
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.