Tabou: You (Mind Control, Transformation, Body Swap, Complete Chaos)

Started by Cerebellum von Doom, September 16, 2011, 01:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerebellum von Doom

This is a tentative group game idea for any and all interested parties.  The premise is that a group of friends have a regular game night in which one person will bring a board game of some kind and the friends would all play from dusk until dawn.  One friend, hoping to find something new and a bit more spicey, finds the game Tabou: You, at a gag gift store similar to those wonderful stores we see in malls today (I will not mention them out of risking copyright information or other notice to the site.)  The friends meet up, and used to odd games and craving some spice in their board game lives, agree to play.  What they don't know is that whatever the game says will happen, happens to them.  The winner of the game even has the opportunity to choose if the changes made during the game are permanent.

Gameplay Style: I will be the game itself.  As players take their turn, I will describe what their consequence/change/perk/fetish is, and the player or players involved then get to describe their own version of what is happening to them and how their character(s) react.  Example: Player one lands on the square titled, "Below the neck piercings," which is a body modification tile on the board.  The player of the character then describes whatever piercing and however many suddenly form on the character, and how they react and feel.  The next player character lands on, "Dirty Mouth," which is a mental modification tile on the board.  From that point on, no matter what the character is trying to say, it somehow always just comes out in a sexual way.  The third player lands on a, "Service," tile which compels a second random draw of the sex acts card pile.  That card randomly says, "perform oral to each player until your next turn."  Obviously I shall refine the game board better and the acts and changes, but body modifications and mental modifications can be anything from, "Become and incestuous lesbian," (landed on by a male character) to, "Double the length and girth of your penis," to, "Swap ethnicity with the last person you touched."  The taboos that will not happen include any bodily waste function, death, dismemberment, or the like.

Number of players: Any and all, of any gender, played by any gender, with a possible cap of around 12 (what board game allows for more?)  A possible accommodation for extra players would be that anyone in visual presence of the game is compelled to witness the game, though the players sitting out themselves were initially just waiting their turn to play in a tournament style evening.  List any kind of modifications or fetishes you prefer.

How to win the game: Reach the end first (I will indeed try to design a game board.)

Those interested: Aside from the information listed above, I encourage anyone to ask questions and offer ideas.  Right now I am picturing this game being played in an old colonial style home in the New England area of the US, in a college town.  Other than that, be as creative as you like with your characters.

Notice: I am encouraging everyone to submit character sheets.  Final decisions will be made on Monday the 26th.  At this point anyone interested should in their character sheet have a hobbie, interest, or some noticeable reason as to why their character would be at a game night with college students.  I'm not picking on anyone in particular, but if we have an excess of sheets, characters that fit the story concept the best will be preferred over those that don't.

Game has started!  Links below:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122496.0  In Character
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122498.0 Out of character

Jukebox Baby

This looks like good ... well, not exactly clean ... but definitely fun. And given its narrow scope, I think I would come up with a character utterly unlike my usual choice with the aim of seeing where he/she ended up. If it looks like enough people are interested (three players and you), I'll put together a character.

Cerebellum von Doom

Wonderful to see your interest! The goal definitely is to have the odd and random occur, and to take a random propmting and run with it..

KaelRavenheart

I find this idea pretty interesting. I'd definitely play, and I think I have a neat idea for a character, that could make the game even more interesting. So, as soon as there are enough people, (at least one more player), then I'll send you my character idea. ^_^
You think you know me? Look deeper. Find the truth.

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Cerebellum von Doom

Excellent, both of you.  I am working on the game board itself and will have more formalized rules in a day or so.  This will give us time for other players to express interest.

Jukebox Baby

Quote from: Cerebellum von Doom on September 16, 2011, 04:33:10 PM
Wonderful to see your interest! The goal definitely is to have the odd and random occur, and to take a random propmting and run with it..

Exactly! I could almost see it as a creative writing prompt. Also, a chance for a little humor and whimsy. But also maybe a chance to explore things I don't always try. I'll think about a character and get it up in the next few days (hopefully tomorrow, but weekends are busy for me).

Angel Fire

I am thinking the same as Jukebox Baby.  This will certainly help to really get my muse back.  I'll be thinking about a character and get her ready when I have more of a picture of the board *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Azaria

that's interesting O_o ... allows lots of twists and turns in the character nature. I'll be joining if you will have me :)

Jukebox Baby

A proposed character, Trish Walker, using a form I stole somewhere.

Name: Trish Walker, Evil Girl Genius
Height/Weight: 5’5” and 120 lbs.
Nationality/Ethnicity: Caucasian
Occupation(s): Term Paper Writer/Chinese manufactured cloned game material dealer/sells a little pot.
Sexuality: Doesn’t quite see the point of it, but has it on her agenda to explore eventually.
Appearance: Pale from too many late nights with gamers, hair a little lank and needing to be cut.
Distinctive Features: In gamer circles, she’s considered hot.
Motivation: Money, paying off her student loans. She wants to graduate debt free with money banked.
Personality: A dry, quiet wit, she secretly despises gamer, but makes too much money off them.
Likes: Biking, hitting clubs, and bright cheery colors, but she wears black and belongs to several gaming groups, because they buy her illegal gaming contraband (believing her story that she has a secret source at the factory and everything is totally original) as well as the pot she grows in the dormitory basement using her fairly technical system of hydroponic tanks and grow lights.
Dislikes: Smart people who actually pay attention to what she’s doing, people who ask too many questions.
Skills & Hobbies: Can forge a signature easily, has memorized the odds tables for most games of chance, has connections in China who can get her just about anything cloned or forged, and knows how to grow great weed.
Flaws: Pretty much believes she’s smarter than everyone else (and she is smarter than most), ethically challenged and there isn’t much she wouldn’t do if she could apply it against her student loans or bank it. Also has semi-seriously looked at the If I were an Evil Overlord list with an eye to how she would do things if she ever took over the world.
Biography: A math whiz in high school, she had a full scholarship to Cal Tech, but lost it when it turned out she was running a sophisticated 7 Card Stud game on the top floor of the library and a craps table in the basement underneath the faculty lounge that between the two had sucked in half the teachers, 70 percent of the students, and a union rep who lost three months’ worth of union dues in her game. Unfortunately, it was the last issue that tipped it over and in cutting a plea bargain, she had to forfeit just about everything she made. So now, she’s going to a lesser school (in her mind) and paying her own way.

Sharon

Cerebellum von Doom

Working on the board as I post this. Curious what you guys would prefer, a multi round monopoly style board, or a straight shot candyland style board where the first person to reach the end wins?

Jukebox Baby

Quote from: Cerebellum von Doom on September 18, 2011, 12:24:18 PM
Working on the board as I post this. Curious what you guys would prefer, a multi round monopoly style board, or a straight shot candyland style board where the first person to reach the end wins?

No strong opinion, but I mildly favor a Candyland style board with a clear beginning and end.

Cerebellum von Doom

Alright, we have seven potentials, so room for one more and then any others will be players waiting for their turn in the tournament, unless you all think we should have two game boards at once. We could also do teams.

kobrakid92

If we have two game boards then I'm assuming that the games would take place in separate locations. If so then we would need two separate threads. With teams we could just do a tag deal in the posts, saying whose team said player is on and what not.

Angel Fire

I totally agree.  And now, count me in for sure!  I am loving this concept more and more!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Polymorph

I'd like to put a player in for the last spot if it's still open.

KaelRavenheart

Quote from: Cerebellum von Doom on September 18, 2011, 12:39:51 PM
Alright, we have seven potentials, so room for one more and then any others will be players waiting for their turn in the tournament, unless you all think we should have two game boards at once. We could also do teams.

I rather prefer that it would be in two seperate places, rather than on teams, because it gives a bit more variety if we are able be affected by any of the other players, rather than just the ones that are on seperate teams.
You think you know me? Look deeper. Find the truth.

Jukebox Baby

I think avoid teams. The reality is we will have people dropping and spots to fill. Plus if you're on a team, you are kind of tied to your partner and if they aren't posting it slows down. My opinion will change if we get six or seven more people wanting to join. But if we just have one or two extra, I bet next week those spots will open up.

Call me a realist =) But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

ReijiTabibito

Since one of the players got himself banned (not going to ask how), is there still a spot open?

Angel Fire

Looking at things, I think that it would be much better if we all play on one board.  Just one board could make for some VERY interesting scenarios and situations!

Cerebellum von Doom

QuoteLooking at things, I think that it would be much better if we all play on one board.  Just one board could make for some VERY interesting scenarios and situations!

I agree completely.  Plus there are some potentials for different kinds of swaps or services that could really come out well.

QuoteSince one of the players got himself banned (not going to ask how), is there still a spot open?

Absolutely, Reiji.  Here's the list:

Angel Fire
Jukebox Baby
ReijiTabibito
Polymorph
KobraKid
Sharon
Azaria
DTW

Anyone have any objections to the list or is now wanting to back out?

Jukebox, I really like your bio.  She seems ripe for the manipulation, with many angles to play on her intelligence and prejudice's.  Well done.

krakenknight

Awww you look pretty full, if you ever expand for another player let me know OK I love this kind of stuff.

Cerebellum von Doom

Hopefuls, aside from submitting your character ideas, which I would like in the coming week or so, the sooner the better obviously, I'd like to open this up to you submitting ideas you might like on the cards.  I will not guarantee anything makes it or doesn't make it, but I am open to any and all ideas for consideration.  I would also like each person to be very specific on their own hard limits as a writer, so that I might ensure you are not necessarily pressed into a situation you are uncomfortable writing.  I cannot assure you someone else might have something you dislike happen to them, but I can assure you that I will not intentionally squick you out.  I would also like to point out that the board I am making will literally be at random, with certain spaces corresponding to certain things.  If you land on a space that squicks you, I will change it for you when making the game board post into something on your wants list.  Otherwise the game is random, and I urge you to be open to the overall experience.