News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

D&D for EVIL Characters/Party

Started by OldSchoolGamer, October 19, 2008, 05:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

GrinningHound

Hey, I know I'm pretty much the slowest person ever....

I WANT to finish up my character and get started....but I'm having trouble with the motivation to do ANYTHING.

Hopefully I'll get it done soon.

Ouria

IF I may rudely interject with my interest here.  May I play?  I saw the list of races earlier, and I saw questions about races not on the list (for example, elves, dwarves, etc.).  The point made was that these races are usually good, but have evil potential.  I have no lack of characters in my head that might work...but I would need the PHB in order to play.  I, of course, may be getting ahead of myself here, but...I could probably whip together a character by...Tuesday at the latest (if this were answered in 24 hours)?  Would that be in time for a late starter?  Or an on-time starter?  (if allowed in, of course).

I will apologize in advance for any noobishness on my part, as I am a bit new to this place, though do have experience in AD&D.

Thank you for your time.

OldSchoolGamer

You're quite welcome to join up, Ouria.  Evil characters other than humans are welcome...there are orcs, ogres, trolls, hill giants...and even dwarves, halflings and elves.  I'm kind of encouraging other races besides elves, simply because elves are sooooo overused.  Dark/Drow elves don't exist in this world.  And also don't neglect the possibility of playing a human of a different race than Caucasian.  You could play a dark-skinned foreigner too.

Mnemaxa

I hope there is still room left for after I'm approved, but that may be a few days yet.  I read the thread a few days ago, and a character idea jumped into my head and won't go away - thank you VERY much. :P

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

OldSchoolGamer

I'll get you into the game one way or another if you get approved.  There are plenty of maidens to plunder and goodness to corrupt in the merry town of Oldsted...

Mnemaxa

Strange questions - revised books for 2nd edition or standard second edition?....Unearthed Arcana yes or no?

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

OldSchoolGamer

I'm not going to get too anal as far as exact versions.  I view the system as existing to support the story, not the other way 'round.  Unearthed Arcana I'll take under advisement--some of it was rather innovative, but some of UE was pure munchkinism.

Mnemaxa

Perfectly acceptable.  I won't munchkin on you. ^_^ 

I've been approved, and the question about which books was mainly so I knew which ones to dig up out of boxes.

I'm goign to PM you with an idea I cooked up between a friend and I for the game.

Mnemaxa

How is this, TyTheDnDGuy?

Name:  Ruhk Makario
Race: Human
Class:Illusionist 1st level
Height: 5'6”
Brief physical description:  Ruhk is slender and delicate young girl.  Her olive skin and collar length black hair hint at her exotic origins, while her green-amber eyes hint at something more 'dark' than simply 'exotic'.  She has several scars, shallow and fading, on her left forearm; there are a few on her right as well.  She favors her right hand but is ambidextrous.

STR: 8  (Weight allow 35, Max press 90, Open doors 5,  Bend bars/lift gates 1%)
DEX: 16  (Reaction Adjust +1, Missile Attacks +1, Defensive Adjustment +2)
CON: 8  (System shock 60%, Resurrection Survival 65%)
INT: 16  (5 Languages, 8th Level Spells, 55% Learn Spells, 85% Learn Illusion spells,  11 Max Known)
WIS: 9
CHA: 14 (6 Henchmen Max, +1 Loyalty Base, +2 Reaction Adjustment)
Align: Chaotic Evil

Background:  Twins born into a band of gypsy bandits, Ruhk and Corr were always on the move, and once they were old enough to not get in the way, they joined their siblings in daring raids.  While Corr was a deadly knife-fighter, Ruhk had inherited powers of darkness and light, and would confuse their enemies with shadowplay and illusions.  When their caravan was retaliated against, they escaped together, hiding and barely surviving in the nearby town by wits and cunning.  However, they were becoming notorious in their haunt, so they needed to leave for more fresh hunting grounds.

Weapons:  Two daggers (1d4 damage, speed 1 for dexterity bonus)

Armor: None
Ac: 8 (4 with spell of Armor [9points worth])
Saves:  Poison/Paralysis/Death 14; Rod/Staff/Wand 11; Petrify/Polymorph 13; Breath Weapon 15; Spell 12

Gear: A pouch of little bits, pieces, stones, glass marbles, rocks, string, colorful sand, and other strange things; dark clothing; a bedroll; a flask for water; some herbs for steeping into tea; and about 30' of stout twine.  She carries a small book with her spells within it hidden in her loose clothing.

Ruhk speaks Common, Orc, Lizardman, Elvish, Goblin, and could learn more if she desired.  She cannot cast spells of Necromancy, Evocation, or Abjuration.  Others suffer a -1 penalty to save against her illusions, while she saves against others illusions at +1 bonus.

Spells: 1st Level Castings: 2 (Memorized: Phantasmal Force, Cantrip)
Spellbook: Phantasmal Force, Audible Glamer, Armor, Cantrip, Unseen Servant

Nadir

Hey there! I have a character I'd like to join in with.

Name: Corr Makario
Race: Human
Class: Thief 1st level
Height: 5'6"
Brief physical description: Corr is lithe and tautly muscled, olive skinned with collar-length black hair. She has a few shallow scars in various stages of fading, mostly on her right forearm. She is ambidextrous in most of her work, but has a stronger left hand. Her eyes are green-amber.

STR: 9 (Weight allow 35, Max press 90, Open doors 5, Bend Bars/Lift Gates 1%)
DEX: 16 (Reaction Adjust +1, Missile Attacks +1, Defensive Adjustment +2)
CON: 10 (System Shock 70%, Resurrection Survival 75%)
INT: 14 (4 Languages Known)
WIS: 8
CHA: 15 (7 Henchmen Max, +3 Loyalty Base, +3 Reaction Adjustment)
Align: Chaotic Evil

Background: Corr and her sister were born into a band of traveling gypsy bandits, always moving, haunting the caravan routes and attacking merchants. When the twins learned enough  not to hinder their older siblings, they were allowed to join the raids. A few months after they had begun, their camp was attacked. It was mere chance that Corr and Ruhk managed to escape. They made their way into the nearest town, living there off their skills and wits for a few years before deciding to find a new hunting ground.

Weapons: Two daggers (1d4 damage, speed 1 for dexterity bonus)

Armor: Leather + dexterity bonus
AC: 6
THACO: 20
Saves:  Poison/Paralysis/Death 13; Rod/Staff/Wand 14; Petrify/Polymorph 12; Breath Weapon 16; Spell 15

Gear: Dark clothes, bed roll, tinder box, wineskin, lock picks, a medium-sized cooking tin and a locked box.

Backstab: x2 damage
Pick Pocket 28%
Open locks: 23% (included dexterity bonus)
Find/Remove Traps: 15%
Move Silently: 14%
hide in shadows: 14%
Detect noise: 15%
Climb Walls: 60%
Read languages: 16%

Corr speaks Common, Thieves Cant, Lizardman, Orcish, and Elven and is smart enough to learn another language if she bothered.

The Great Triangle

Just out of curiosity, do the gypsies Ruhk and Corr traveled with have any links to the Balseraph gypsies I detailed on page 3?  (post 68)  If they do, it would provide a common link between Madragail and the pair, having all come from a somewhat common background.  :)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Mnemaxa

Actually, we were thinking they would be Lunarian, yes. 

That does mean they'll be....strange by any measure of the word. ^,,,,,,^

The Great Triangle

Excellent.  That practically makes us cousins! 

My character could provide his fellow Lunarians with a room at the orphanage.  (probably not two rooms, but that shouldn't be too much of a trouble for worshipers of Lunis)  Not sure how you'd feel about adventuring to save the orphanage though, considering how closely it resembles honest work.  ;)

Ons and Offs

Mnemaxa

There would likely have to be some coercion, threats, and demonstrations of superiority to convince Ruhk.  She doesn't like people to begin with, as you'll quickly realize....

The Great Triangle

Displays of dominance, you say?  Not something that Madragail has a problem with, although he's kind of bad at throwing down in general.

Ons and Offs

Beautiful Lie

*Eyes the illusionist* Copy cat *is teasing* I should let you get ahold of my stats and apply that info you have cause I don't understand half of what all that percentile stuff is you wrote down Mne  ???

Wonderfull char concepts I like.
The following sentence is True. The previous sentence is a Lie.

Ouria

Still working on my character.  Thus far, my attempts to find my 2e PHB have been fruitless.

The Great Triangle

I've got the 2e PHB if you just want to kludge through character creation that way.  (physical copy, not PDF)

What concept were you planning on using?

Also, I just noticed that either of the characters submitted have nonweapon or weapon proficiencies filled in.  The nonweapon proficiencies are optional, but I'd recommends plowing into them like a bandit if the GM will let you get away with taking them.  (I just happen to like the stupid things, they flesh out a character concept.)

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I agree what kind of slutty, whorish, wanton gypsy woman doesn't dance and play the castanets or something?

Mnemaxa

Beautiful Lie:  Actually, my character gave up versatility to be an illusionist, mind you - she can't ever use a full third of the magic a wizard can, and she won't be able to blast stuff or protect herself with ease the way a normal wizard can.  Also, a lot of that stuff is more for the DM to be concerned with than us lowly players. ^_^ 

Great Triangle:  Actually not knowing if they're in use I left at least one slot for each of us open for just that purpose.  And TyTheDnDGuy mentioned he'd be giving us quirks and boons and such aside from that based on concepts and background.

RubySlippers:  Why, the kind that sneak into your room and slit your throat, or the ones that craft beautiful, terrible illusions of wonder and fear.  They're also both youngsters, relatively speaking and considering their camp was raided when they were about 13 they haven't had time to pick up the fun skills yet - survival takes up a lot of time.

^_^

RubySlippers

Ouria

Well, I found them in the second to last place I looked.  I am behind schedule, but I shall do my best to catch up.  Estimated Time of Completion: Wednesday.

Ouria

Wow.  Now I remember why I never made any Rangers in 2nd Ed.

Mnemaxa

Don't worry, you'll make up for it in cool later. ^_^