Rifts.

Started by Muse, January 13, 2006, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

Wow, it's going to be a populated game. If our glitter-girl agrees, be her service guy, if not, still hop aboard.

Faolan

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 22, 2006, 11:43:40 AM
Ajoxer - Crazy
Guardianangel - CS special forces
Zakharra - Dark elf ley line walker
Siegfried - CS psychic
Muse - Atlantean undead hunter or cyberknight

Just wanted to put in my two cents as someone who's run a lot of Rifts games. in that crowd the undead slayer would be very powerful. Head and shoulders above the rest balance wise.

Just something to consider.

Celestial Goblin

Muse will play cyberknight, it's set already. We'll having a glittergirl that could be quite powerful though.

Faolan

Saving grace balance wise on the glitterboy/girl is that they are human inside the armor, with no psychic abilities. Plus GB can't fly and had limitations as to how the boom gun can be used. So that makes it much more even. I'd actually probably put the Line-Walker above the GB just because they have such a broad base of spells to draw from.

Natalie C. Barney

But nothing is more impressive then planting oneself against a hill and unleashing massive damage with a big gun- plus such characters are not as complicated.  :-*

Well since I have no RIFTS sourcebooks again I need help and with her looks a Glitter Girl would be more fun.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Faolan

Oh I'll agree that the glorious power of annihilating one's enemy's in single shots from your gun can be a heady thing. :)

Ajoxer

Heh. So, looks like we'll be a Medium-High level group- Mostly non-Megadamage Creatures, but fairly deadly fighters.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Zakharra

I'm unfamiler with the system and I don't have any books, so I'll need some help in things.

Ajoxer

Hey, Celestial Goblin, for one of my weapons... A boomerang built with a vibro-edge, used like a regular boomerang- IE, uses the Archery and Targeting WP- but does damage equivelant to a vibroknife, IE 1d6 MD. Sound reasonable? Has a range of 60 feet, as I recall. I just love the imagery of the boomerang. >_>
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Celestial Goblin

Ajoxer, no problem.
Zakharra, contact me trough MSN and i'll help you out, you Natalie too.
I have the books.

Ajoxer

Well, then cool, my character is finished.

Through silly, silly rolls, I ended up with a PB of 19... and not much else.

Thank god for Mind Over Matter and Physical skills...

Natalie C. Barney

I was wondering is there any easy RIFTS character type? I want to keep this as simple as possible...

You know like in Palladium you could be a Mercenary OCC a basic normal fighter. Glitter boys sound kind of complicated...
Natalie Clifford Barney

Celestial Goblin

In RIFTS there isn't much more complicated-ness in playing a glitter-boy. The 'typical' fighting OCC's would likely be Coalition 'deadboy' grunt and the headhunter, though headhunter has cybernetics to choose, for example. Unless you take a magician, scientest or a non-human, it's all easy.

Zakharra

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 26, 2006, 02:13:29 PM
Zakharra, contact me trough MSN and i'll help you out, you Natalie too.

Problem. I don't have MSN. I have mIRC and ICQ.

Natalie C. Barney

No I was wondering if there was like a being with an MDC body, MDC armor and a MDC Damage Martial Weapons that kicks butte? No mecha or other things to worry about unless a natural power or straight forward ability.

Example a demigod that can hurl energy bolts that do alot damage and wields a big magic runesword. I was thinking a goldling sort with maybe the superhero occ that's powers are in like a runesword that does MD. Less complicated and easy to put together the better. [Like THOR in Marvel for a good example.]

You know herself, MDC magical or technological armor with no special features and a really great magical sword- might go for a hoverbike or something but not be hard to shove together and run for me.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Oh, no, she's going ot break out Panthoens of the Megaverse or the Tatooed Babes! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

Well I want this character to be close to a Palladium Fantasy sort of character but mages are too complicated powers in a sword are fixed. And the rest would be her. Anyway with none of the books save TMNT and Robotech I need to keep this easy to build.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Siegfried

Well, gods, demigods and godlings all exist, but are very powerful.  Powerful enough to kill our entire group with little effort.  Not to mention the enemies of your pathanion would come hunting for you and any one you adventure with.

Faolan

A mystic hero(I think that's the right term) from Heroes Unlimited would be perfect I think.

Natalie C. Barney

Ok what about a Mystic Heroine of some sort, maybe with the power level a Mutant/Mystic Heroine or a something. You know MDC Protective Skin (power) and Super Leaping plus a Magic Sword- and Martial Arts Training and the like. I could picture her leaping acrobatically and with a mighty swindg doing a major dose of MDC damage. Figure lots of physical athletic skills and some high tech ones.  Failing that hurling an MDC attack off her mighty rune sword!
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ajoxer

That'd probably work decently. Though she'd likely be on the high level of power, alongside our Cyber-knight and Glitterboy, while I'd probably be on the midlevel, maybe with the Coalition psychic and Leyline Walker.

Celestial Goblin

Let's keep it to the corebook, please. You can be the Glittergirl, or you can choose something else from the OCC's. If you certainly have to take something that's not in core, i'd have to take a look at it first.
I'm just installing ICQ so i can help you out with your chars.

Celestial Goblin

195-600-092 is my ICQ.

Siegfried

Well I just rolled my stats over at Invisable Castle.  That site must love me.  Before adding in any skills, this is what I've got: 20, 20, 20, 19, 14, 14, 10 and 8.  What in the hell kind of psychic has these stats?!  As for what class I'm playing, I want to be a Zapper.

Celestial Goblin

Meh, you'll be able to be a powerful psionic *and* administer some old fashioned brute force, seems.