WrestleManiaXXVIII- Can you smell what's cooking?!

Started by The Golden Touch, April 03, 2011, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

The main event was just structured so badly. It was always going to suffer because basically everyone only cared about Rock/Cena as opposed to the Cena/Miz but the way it was set up meant that neither of them even had a chance to get any heat... and that lack of interest even extended to the Rock cameo. It felt more like the main event of the go-home show before Wrestlemania rather than the Main Event itself.

Overall it wasn't a bad show. There weren't any actively bad matches and the average was pretty high.

Best match was Taker/HHH who put on as good a match as they could at this point at their careers, followed closely by Ray/Rhodes and Del Rio/Edge (although the car destruction at the end really dragged). That said the things I enjoyed the most were the Ryder version of "Friday" and the Snooki bout... which shows the WWE writers can put together a near perfect match if they try. Probably the best celebrity match since the LT/Bigalow classic.

The show lacked a "Wrestlemania Moment", which drags it down. Normally Money in the Bank could provide that with someone jumping off something very tall (otherwise known as the Shelton Benjamin spot, now being stolen by Morrison)

RoseDivinity

I watched this last night and can only say that I am disappointed. The matches were all so posed and fake and the cheating really took away from them. Jerry, THE KING, won that match, and after it being given to cole, I am not sure I want to watch raw anymore just because he will be talking about his win and it will be obnoxious. The rock didn't do anything for me, as host I thought he would play a much more active role than he did. The Cena/Miz fight was useless and worthless. A-rod's interference should have given the win to Cena, but since we are all positive that the "GM" is cole, we kind of figure that that won't happen. The only matches I even slightly enjoyed were taker/HHH and the snooki match. Snooki was hilarious, who knew the lil thing could move like THAT, and well...19-0 is all I need to say about the other. I guess I've just got fed up with all the 'cheating', and double teaming. Core/Nexus really honestly piss me off......o yeah,and our hooters lost service for like 5 minutes of the king/cole match....that was epicly bad...i missed the only match I wanted to see.

anyways...there is my opinion.

Morrowclaw

I haven't watched any wrestling in like 8 years but watching some TLC matches on you tube is fun as hell. I think maybe it's time to start watching again.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story