D.C./ Marvel Crossover. (Season 1, Currently seeking Two more writers!)

Started by Batman4560, January 03, 2016, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Life in Color

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 07, 2016, 05:06:00 AM
Let's face it, any music by Miracle of Sound is awesome :)

Now, questions for the GM -
Is an original character whose parents were not superheroes an acceptable option?

More information might be useful. There are definitely non-metahumans running around with the metahumans - kind of like Agent Carter.

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 07, 2016, 05:06:00 AMWhat about a character whose parents were superheroes but he/she is unaware of the fact (maybe passed on to adoptive parents when he/she was very young)?

Definitely.

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 07, 2016, 05:06:00 AMWhat's the overall tone of the world at the start of the game - dark, four-colour or something in between?

Somewhere in between, I'd say. Shades of rainbow may vary.

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 07, 2016, 05:06:00 AMAnd is there strong prejudice against mutants like in the X-Men comics and movies?

I'm leaning towards yes, but I'll poke at Bats and see what he thinks - unless he stops by here and comments before I can babble at him.

Chaeronea

Quote from: Alixandre on January 07, 2016, 05:21:10 AM
More information might be useful. There are definitely non-metahumans running around with the metahumans - kind of like Agent Carter.

An X-Men style mutant, based off a character I played in several tabletop supers RPGs in different universes. His parents were normal humans, or at least not mutants.

One version of him had a mother he'd never known who turned out to be a Themysciran Amazon - not a DC canon character, but just a generic Amazon - in a setting where the Themiscyrans deliberately seduced men for the purpose of replenishing their numbers. Girl children were taken back to Themiscyra andraised as normal Amazons, as they had all the powers of full Amazons, while the boy children were left behind in Man's World for their fathers to raise - or not.

Another version of him had his father descended from Jonathan and Mina Harker, where Mina had risen as a dhampir after she died due to residual effects of Dracula feeding on her. So needless to say Dracula was quite interested in my character, especially with 'Aunt Minnie' showing up occasionally to keep an eye on her great-great-great-grandson.

In none of those cases did his parentage influence his powers. He basically had maximum human / borderline paranormal physical attributes (strength, toughness, agility etc) , very high martial arts skills including weapons training, and energy solidification like Green Lantern except his constructs dispersed a second after loss of physical contact - he often used his powers to make martial arts weapons such as katanas, sais, etc to use in combat.

So, Alixandre, think that could work?

Life in Color

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 07, 2016, 06:14:46 AM
An X-Men style mutant, based off a character I played in several tabletop supers RPGs in different universes. His parents were normal humans, or at least not mutants.

One version of him had a mother he'd never known who turned out to be a Themysciran Amazon - not a DC canon character, but just a generic Amazon - in a setting where the Themiscyrans deliberately seduced men for the purpose of replenishing their numbers. Girl children were taken back to Themiscyra andraised as normal Amazons, as they had all the powers of full Amazons, while the boy children were left behind in Man's World for their fathers to raise - or not.

Another version of him had his father descended from Jonathan and Mina Harker, where Mina had risen as a dhampir after she died due to residual effects of Dracula feeding on her. So needless to say Dracula was quite interested in my character, especially with 'Aunt Minnie' showing up occasionally to keep an eye on her great-great-great-grandson.

In none of those cases did his parentage influence his powers. He basically had maximum human / borderline paranormal physical attributes (strength, toughness, agility etc) , very high martial arts skills including weapons training, and energy solidification like Green Lantern except his constructs dispersed a second after loss of physical contact - he often used his powers to make martial arts weapons such as katanas, sais, etc to use in combat.

So, Alixandre, think that could work?

I think it's brilliant.

+10 for Harker-love.

Chaeronea

The GM in that universe was inspired by the depiction of Mina Harker in the 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' movie, who I'd mentioned earlier looked quite sexy. When her relationship with my character was revealed one of the other players in the game promptly started making cracks about potential incest. :)

Life in Color

tuckers02

Quote from: Alixandre on January 07, 2016, 06:16:55 AM

I think it's brilliant.

+10 for Harker-love.

Uh oh.  Lily has a rival for the gms' affection :p

Crash

The game looks great.  Are you still looking for people or are you full up?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Batman4560

I'm going with whatever Alex thinks on the Marvel stuff, it's more up her ally.

As far as being full up on things I don't know if we are full yet. We don't want things to get to big but it never hurts to put in a sheet. The least we will do is go over it and if we are full up we will put the character on a reserve list. If things go well we plan on expanding during the second arc.

Marie Reynolds

Hey Von Doom since we seem to have supernaturally inclined characters would you like to work on some background ties.

Batman4560

Marie, did you put a character sheet up yet?

VonDoom

Sorry to be impertinent and answer for her, but since I just checked because of her query -- no, she has not.

@Marie I'm not sure yet if I actually have the time yet since I have another group game in the works, but I suppose -- did you have anything in mind? He'd be pretty much a villain pre-current events and hanging around as the heir to the Latverian throne. He does have a big amount of raw mystical power, but keeps it locked away, so meddling in magical things a lot would be a bit counter productive, though he could always be drawn into something.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Marie Reynolds

Batman:  Still getting the history together before i post  the sheet   that's why i asked about ties before  i had posted anything.

Von doom: I was thinking maybe had some run in's or maybe had some encounters or meet  each other more mundanely  in his youth or college years. Maybe had a friendship develop the life drew them in different directions and  the first time we meet up  is when the game progress and we get thrown together by the plot of the story.

Chaeronea

Character sheet, work in progress

Dylan Forrester

Basics
Character Name:Dylan Forrester
Alias Used: Swordfire
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Current Place of Residence: New York City, New York
Sexual Preference: straight
Marital Status: single
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: 
Languages spoken: English, Spanish
Religious Beliefs:  irreligious. Cynical about most religions, but makes a point of differentiating between religion and faith.
”Religion is like a penis – enjoy it all you want but don't wave it around in public, don't brag about it and don't try to shove it down the throats of children.”

Relations
Family:
Martin Forrester (father, deceased)
Mother (identity unknown, status unknown, presumed deceased)

[/list]
Friends: Ted 'Wildcat' Grant,
Occupational:
Other:

Occupational and Social information
Team Affiliations: none
Education/Special Training:adept in parkour and acrobatics; knowledgeable in gang and criminal activity
Occupation: construction worker, previously gladiator/martial artist, previously runaway
Affiliation/Memberships: Homo Superior
Occupational Skills:
Weapons: none aside from power

Physical Description
Height: 6' 2”
Hair: black, tied back in shoulder-length ponytail
Eyes: green
Detailed Physical Description: broad-shouldered, very defined musculature, strong facial features, single scar from outer corner of left eye to left corner of mouth, scars on torso and arms with fewer scars on legs (mostly hidden by clothing), no facial hair even with days of not shaving, rarely smiles
Typical Clothing: faded jeans, T-shirt and denim or leather jacket (usually beat-up or faded), sneakers or work boots

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions:
Weaknesses:
Fears: psychic or telepathic contact, telepaths themselves to a lesser extent

Mutation Information (Collected Anonymously)
Manifestation Age: 14
Manifesting Event:

Confirmed Mutation Effects: N/A

Fighting for Life: As a result of training in the martial arts from a young age Dylan is an exceptionally skilled combatant. He is very highly skilled (black belt or red belt equivalent) in numerous martial arts including karate, tiger kung fu, muay thai ad nippon kempo. He is also highly skilled in weapon-based martial arts such as kenjutsu and kobudo. He is quite fit on his own and his mutant metabolism enhances his strength, agility and endurance to Olympic athlete levels or above – he won't be tossing cars down the street, but he could tip one over to free a person trapped under it.

Swords of Fire: Dylan's main superhuman power is energy solidification, the ability to create objects from solid energy. With his martial arts training he often uses this to create weapons for use in hand-to-hand combat, such as quarterstaffs, tonfas (a side-handle baton similar to a police truncheon), kusari-fundo (a fighting chain with a weight on each end), and daggers. However his preferred created weapon is a single katana, paired wakazashi or paired butterfly swords – in fact this is what led to his codename.

Shooting Stars: While Dylan's energy solidification power is impressive it has two main limits. The first is that it cannot create complex machines or items - he can create a sword but not a chainsaw for example. The second limitation is that objects he creates with his power disperse a second after he loses physical contact with them. With this in mind along with his martial arts skills Dylan can create throwable weapons for ranged combat, such as shuriken and throwing knives. He cannot create guns or bullets but shuriken have proven sufficient so far.

It's My Life: While his body cannot heal injuries with the incredible speed of Wolverine and Sabretooth, Dylan can shrug off minor injuries and reduce the effect of more serious ones, at least temporarily. Think of the stereotypical picture of a swordsman covered in cuts and dripping blood, but still fighting on and not giving up. Also he can recover from injuries more quickly than normal - broken bones can heal in days instead of weeks, for example.

Additional Notes/Pictures/etc.:
Faceclaim: Rodney Rowland

Life in Color

Looks good so far.

And to answer your questions:

1) Background: You can toss it in there at the bottom of the sheet, in the additional notes section.
2) Unknown Elements: Also can go in notes, just.... Make a note (synonyms are hard at 5am) that the character has no idea.
3) I don't know about Bats, but I love bunnies. So, feel free to PM them to me, or both of us. :]

Happy crafting!

<3

tuckers02

Oooh! Oooh! Lily don't know who her daddy is!

...But that may be a good thing.

Batman4560

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 08, 2016, 05:34:10 AM
Character sheet, work in progress

Dylan Forrester

Basics
Character Name:Dylan Forrester
Alias Used: Swordfire
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Current Place of Residence:
Sexual Preference: straight
Marital Status: single
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: 
Languages spoken: English, Spanish
Religious Beliefs:  irreligious. Cynical about most religions, but makes a point of differentiating between religion and faith.
”Religion is like a penis – enjoy it all you want but don't wave it around in public, don't brag about it and don't try to shove it down the throats of children.”

Relations
Family:

Martin Forrester (father, deceased)
Mother (identity unknown, status unknown, presumed deceased)
Friends: Ted 'Wildcat' Grant,
Occupational:
Other:

Occupational and Social information
Team Affiliations: none
Education/Special Training:
Occupation: construction worker, previously gladiator/martial artist, previously runaway
Affiliation/Memberships: Homo Superior
Occupational Skills: very high skill (black belt or red belt equivalent) in numerous martial arts including karate, tiger kung fu, muay thai, kenjutsu and kobudo
Weapons: none aside from power

Physical Description
Height: 6' 2”
Hair: black, tied back in shoulder-length ponytail
Eyes: green
Detailed Physical Description: broad-shouldered, very defined musculature, strong facial features, single scar from outer corner of left eye to left corner of mouth, scars on torso and arms with fewer scars on legs (mostly hidden by clothing), no facial hair even with days of not shaving, rarely smiles
Typical Clothing: faded jeans, T-shirt and denim or leather jacket (usually beat-up or faded), sneakers or work boots

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions:
Weaknesses:
Fears: psychic or telepathic contact, telepaths themselves to a lesser extent

Mutation Information (Collected Anonymously)
Manifestation Age: 14
Manifesting Event:

Confirmed Mutation Effects: N/A

Enhanced Physique: Whilehe is quite fit on his own, Dylan's mutant metabolism enhances his strength, agility and endurance to Olympic athlete levels or above – he won't be tossing cars down the street, but he could tip one over to free a person trapped under it.

Energy Solidification: Swordfire can create objects of solid energy (believed to be a form of plasma) glowing a faint blue at touch range. These objects have strength similar to that of omnium steel, but can explode if broken by enough damage. They also disperse and vanish harmlessly if Dylan loses physical contact with them, such as if they are knocked from his grasp or thrown.

Swords of Fire: In conjunction with his martial arts and weapon skills Dylan can use his energy solidification abilities to create melee weapons such as quarterstaffs, nunchaku, daggers and sais, as well as throwing weapons such as shuriken. However his preferred created weapon is a single katana, paired wakazashi or paired butterfly swords – in fact this is what led to his codename.

Additional Notes/Pictures/etc.:
Faceclaim: Rodney Rowland

Can I get some feedback from the GMs on what I've got so far? Also do we submit a character background as part of the character sheet? Or do we PM it to the GMs? For that matter, what about elements of the background and character sheet that the character may not be aware of? For that matter, what about potential plot bunnies that may be inspired by our character - post them here or send them to the GMs?

As far as the character background goes, feel free to add it to the cs if you want. If you would rather use that as a plot point at some point you don't have to include it and can reveal it during the story.

If you don't want some things known by the other writers just pm that stuff to me and Alex.

Should anyone have ideas for plots please share them. I'll have an OOC thread up for everyone on the top of the first page. So feel free to post things there. Sunday night we should have a list of approved characters should everyone have their sheets done. We have already gone over what is up so far. :)

tuckers02

So can we post on the ooc thread?  There's a not there about it being for announcements.  Or should we wait to see if we're approved?

Life in Color

Quote from: tuckers02 on January 08, 2016, 07:25:18 PM
So can we post on the ooc thread?  There's a not there about it being for announcements.  Or should we wait to see if we're approved?

You can post there.

:D

Batman4560

Thus far Fae and Sam are approved. If someone finishes their characters just let us know so we can review them.

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Batman4560

Just wanted to stop by and see if anyone needed help with their character sheets?

Chaeronea

Working on my character background and some plot bunnies, Batman. Going to PM it to Alixandre once done so I can get feedback. Should I send you a raw copy or wait for Alix's feedback first?

Batman4560

Send it to both of us since we are going to share the thing and go over it anyway.

Batman4560

Hey all, wanted to stop by and let everyone know I'm super sick. I'll be back asap but until then try to get your characters finished and Alex will likely be able to get a starting post rolling.

Life in Color

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 13, 2016, 10:51:25 PM
Hey all, wanted to stop by and let everyone know I'm super sick. I'll be back asap but until then try to get your characters finished and Alex will likely be able to get a starting post rolling.

Poor bb.

Opening post soon! :D