News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Episode 4 [Ended]

Started by Xillen, June 05, 2009, 04:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySky

(( Saku love we don't vote until tomorrow.))
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Will

Quote from: Will1984 on June 23, 2009, 12:47:30 PM
Quote from: Eden on June 23, 2009, 11:49:46 AM
# 1 Seer           - dead (via PM info)

That's what I'm saying. The seer died as a wolf.

How can you be sure?  They told you, themselves?

I'm still wondering about this. ???
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Nadir

She did tell me, in pretty much the same breath she told me she was a wolf. 

Will

- Jack Kerouac

Josietta

Quote from: Eden on June 23, 2009, 09:45:22 PM
She did tell me, in pretty much the same breath she told me she was a wolf.

Yeah but did Xillen say so? According to him the seer is still alive and well.

Quote from: Xillen on June 23, 2009, 05:18:51 PM
Remaining Roles:
  • 8 Peasants (possibly including one Halfbreed)
  • 1 Seer
  • 1 Healer
  • 1 Alchemist
  • 1 Executioner
  • 1 Werewolf (possibly one more from the Alpha)
  • 1 Alpha

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Nadir

Quote from: Xillen on June 23, 2009, 11:47:23 AM
That list is accurate, save for the Halfbreed and the Alpha victim.

It says 8 peasants. That could be actually 8 peasants with the halfbreed already dead, or 7 peasants and the halfbreed still alive.

In addition, if the alpha bit someone, that means that there is 1 less person of that type remaining than listed, and there would be one more werewolf remaining than listed. Once bitten, the alpha victim looks exactly like a regular werewolf, so it's possible that someone is bitten by the alpha and died after.

The only amount you can really be sure about is the alpha, and at this very moment the executioner, since the alpha can't have bitten Josietta since her execution just ago.

He says right there, if a character is bitten, their position looks like it is still in play, but it isn't The Seer is dead, but died as a wolf so the 'seer' point remains.

Josietta

Quote from: Eden on June 23, 2009, 11:50:32 PM
He says right there, if a character is bitten, their position looks like it is still in play, but it isn't The Seer is dead, but died as a wolf so the 'seer' point remains.

I'm still not sure about that. I'd like to see Xillen's answer on that. He didn't exactly say that their position would still look to be in play. He said if the Alpha bit someone his wording on how many of each would still remain the same. IE X number of Peasants and X number of werewolves. Nothing about "positions".

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Xillen

Actually, Eden is exactly right. "so it's possible that someone is bitten by the alpha and died after."

For all you know, Maeven could be the Alchemist, bitten by the Alpha and then lynched. Since at the time of her lynch, she looked like a Werewolf, that means the number of Werewolves is reduced by one, while the number of Alchemists falsely remains at one.

The votes currently made by Aiden and Saku are void. However, continuing to discuss who might be a werewolf during the might is very much allowed, so see it as them starting up the discussion early :)

Xillen

I'm seriously wondering if people are still enjoying themselves in this game.

I saw a lot of bickering against Rockin, when all he did was trying to save his own life.

I see a lot of harsh words and arguments going on forth and back in PM over what seriously is just a game!

I have people that want to leave left and right, as well as people leaking out information to the opposing team before they go suicidal.

And there's the people that tell me not to invite them to the next game, while I see them happily joining up a similar game on this board.

So if you still enjoy the game, state so in the very first next message you post in this thread. If there are not enough people stating this, this game is over!

Xillen

As the sun once more appears over the horizon, you quickly search for last night's casualty, eventually stumbling up on the leftovers of Eden's corpse. As you search her house, you come across a small laboratory where this alchemist was working with vials and leaves and spices to brew deadly poisons. Not wanting to risk getting poisoned yourselves, you quickly set her house on fire, cremating her body while you're at it.

Remaining Players:
  • Will
  • Aiden
  • Mannik
  • Josietta
  • Ryven
  • Scott
  • Desan
  • Ket
  • Krysia
  • Saku
  • Ladysky
  • Teno
  • Elunari

Remaining Roles:
  • 8 Peasants (possibly including one Halfbreed)
  • 1 Seer
  • 1 Healer
  • 1 Executioner
  • 1 Werewolf (possibly one more from the Alpha)
  • 1 Alpha

mannik

I can't say for certain, but I think part of the problem is the sheer number of people this particular round started with. It is very chaotic and hard to follow the arguments and accusations of so many people at once, not to metion the side conversations that start up, making those arguments even harder to sift through.

Then you get people like me who take so damned long in responding it holds the game up. (Again, sorry about that, it wasn't my intention to hold the game up like that, it just sorta happened.) Also, I'm not entirely sure what the others think of having their roles switched on them in the middle of the game (Alpha attacks and cupid). It makes things far more confusing. Not to mention the misinformation that you the game's judge is now giving us. If the seer or healer or whoever is dead, it would be nice to know, even if they were a wolf when they died. Logically they would still have whatever proof they had before of their job, wouldn't they?

I admit this round has not been as fun as the last one, but I do intend to stick around to finish it. With that said, I guess its time to vote now...

LadySky because of her utterly unsympathetic and hostile response to Rockin's death.

Ryven

I agree with Mannik.  There were a lot of people starting.  My enjoyment started high but has slowly decreased.  I intend to stay and finish it, however.

I vote Scott.

Will

- Jack Kerouac

LadySky

I am still enjoying it, I think Mannik is correct about the amount of people at the beginning. It has gotten real confusing at some points. I still am having fun though even if it appears I was not. I am ready to play the next round and will definitly finish this one!

~~~~~~~~~

LadySky emerges from her little hut to watch as Eden's lovely home burns to the ground. Hours pass and the smoldering embers still fill the village with the smell of her brews. She wanders the village and sees so many sad and anxious faces it makes her heart break. Deciding everyone needs a bit of stress release she makes her way to the local pub and arranges a party for whoever wishes to come. If they must lynch someone perhaps they could do it while drunk!

I vote for Aiden.

"Come on everyone let us drown our sorrows and fears!" she calls from the pub entrance while placing a Dunce cone upon her head.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Xillen

Well, if you think that's the problem, then we can tune down on the number of players in the next game.

As for the Cupid and the Alpha, that's the nature of their game, not being certain. If I would reveal someone used to have a role, then you know the alpha bit that person, so you no longer have to worry about someone being bitten by the alpha after being proven.

If people do not like those roles, we could remove them. Then again, I've also had people telling me they like that it's not all clear and dry now.

LadySky

I like a little mystery but that is just me. I just think everyone needs to strip naked, put on their Dunce hats and come dance naked in the rain with me! *goes to do just that*

Ryven

Quote from: Xillen on June 24, 2009, 08:38:18 AM
Well, if you think that's the problem, then we can tune down on the number of players in the next game.

As for the Cupid and the Alpha, that's the nature of their game, not being certain. If I would reveal someone used to have a role, then you know the alpha bit that person, so you no longer have to worry about someone being bitten by the alpha after being proven.

If people do not like those roles, we could remove them. Then again, I've also had people telling me they like that it's not all clear and dry now.

I actually like the roles, Xil.  I just think too many people was the one problem.  Perhaps I will toss my hat back in for future rounds after bowing out for one.

Saku

Well for my two cents I think the problem is that you have too many people in this round. I'd say 10-12 should be the limit because then it's more manageable and people can follow everything fairly well *nods* but that's just me. I do like these games and I hope you continue to set them up! :)

Let's see for my vote... I can't remember who I thought did what ahahaha so I shall vote for Elunari for now since I haven't seen her about in a bit. I might change my vote later if I see enough suspicion on someone else though *nods*
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Elunari

I agree with Saku and others that it's a bit hard to keep track of things with so many people.  It's day 6 and we're at 31 pages... so that's on average 5 pages of posts per game day to sift through.  Not to mention the PMs flying back and forth.  It can get a bit overwhemling quite quickly.
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

Josietta

Thank you for clearing that up Xillen. After i got up this morning I lay in bed (yes I was thinking about this when i woke up.. don't ask) and I was like, you know Eden is right on that, cuz if he told us the wolf was a seer then we'd know the alpha had already bitten someone and it would leave that mystery of how many are on each side pretty null and void. If I seem irritated or upset in text I'm not, I dunno if I have come across that way personally but its how its meant. I was just debating, not really arguing. Just trying to figure out things. So if somehow I came across upset somehow, it was not intended to be so. Just wanted to clear that up if you were seeing it on my end. I am having fun, but then I missed three days so maybe its not gotten as tedious for me as some. The sheer number in the game is overwhelming. I like the smaller groups and shorter games compared to huge groups and long waits for replies/votes. With all that being said, I would love to join the next game. I appreciate all the work and energy you put into this game Xillen. I want you to know that I realize its hard to keep track of things and keep other things on the board going. It's very nice of you to do this for us and I am glad to have been invited to join. Thank you for everything you are doing.

With the death of Eden and Josi's mistaking Rhapsody for a wolf and hacking her to bits, she remains in her hut under the console of whomever would be willing to hold her through the nightmares. She still envisioned the death of the innocent she had slain. Each moment, every splatter, the way her body shook in death, it all haunted her to the point of guilt beyond guilt. She only stepped out long enough to listen to those around her and watch for the remaining beasts to make a mistake and show their true selves. She sighed a bit and decided that Teno warranted questioning. She had been suspicious of him from the start and his grovelling only made her question his guilt even more so. She would have to sharpen her blade again and make sure it was clean for a true strike.

((this is all flavor text of course, as I realize that my job as executioner, I cannot strike out twice and am merely a peasant now))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Rockin

I enjoy this game. As many have said, the amount of numbers was just too big. Big Mafia games never really go well, cause not everyone is garanteed of activity. I think the list should be smaller. As for the roles, they are fine and I have no problem with them personally. They're actually pretty cool and can help out both sides if needed be.

as in terms of the bicker...I thought it was just for flavor within their RPs at first. Then I saw things got a bit serious with the link and all. I was like 'woah, am I really pissing off Ladysky?' Then there was Ket's response as well as a few others and I just frowned, as I couldn't believe my text was actually pissing them off. At that point, I didn't care if I lived or died cause I would still be screamed at. I really felt like leaving the game at that point. Then I got the PM from Ladysky of an appology and kinda felt a bit better. So yeah, I'll just play the game with just shorter amount of words.

Ryven

Quote from: Rockin on June 24, 2009, 01:22:10 PM
I enjoy this game. As many have said, the amount of numbers was just too big. Big Mafia games never really go well, cause not everyone is garanteed of activity. I think the list should be smaller. As for the roles, they are fine and I have no problem with them personally. They're actually pretty cool and can help out both sides if needed be.

as in terms of the bicker...I thought it was just for flavor within their RPs at first. Then I saw things got a bit serious with the link and all. I was like 'woah, am I really pissing off Ladysky?' Then there was Ket's response as well as a few others and I just frowned, as I couldn't believe my text was actually pissing them off. At that point, I didn't care if I lived or died cause I would still be screamed at. I really felt like leaving the game at that point. Then I got the PM from Ladysky of an appology and kinda felt a bit better. So yeah, I'll just play the game with just shorter amount of words.

Rockin, I, personally, have no problem with you.  The only issue I had, and this may be my own personality here, was that your methods and presentation gave me too much of an analytical feel to it.  I don't want to examine percentages or ratios while playing.  I just want to see what everyone does and react the way I feel is right.  Some examining of patterns is good (God knows, I looked at voting patterns in the previous games) but I never let that become the entire reason I voted the way I did.

*hugs*  I don't hate you Rockin.  Your method was just unexpectedly detailed and perhaps over-thought.

Scott

Scott shakes his head trying to shake the voices of dead people from his thoughts... I'm voting Will, I still think he's a wolf. 

Josietta

*shakes head* He's not a wolf Scott! What makes you think Will is? What reasoning do you have to deduce that? Why not Teno? Mannik?  Elunari? or even Aiden? Not that i'd ever accuse mi querido :P

Hrmm.. Mebbe Scott is a wolf again...  >:)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Marguerite

I enjoy the game but I think the large numbers did the game in because there is a longer wait time on posts and people are on vacation or trying to make a living which slows it down even further. Somehow it would work with 12-15 players but because this game is large, it became crazy and people started to take this game too seriously and attack other people. I think the fighting and bickering has driven some people away but I am still in for the next game but make a cut off limit of no more than 15-18.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You