The 7 Artifacts [DnD 3.5ish][New recruits, now starting a quest]

Started by BigBuckBob, December 05, 2008, 02:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

Nice rolls.

The fifteen stays special, unless you want to trade it for the 17.

So far, I still haven't explained it. But I have used it.
As soon as you get me a profile, you and Mz. Nurse can start. I'll have a thread in a moment. Got something else I need to do real quick.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Doomsday

Are you still accepting characters? I'm not the best DnDer, but I'm better now than I was several months ago. I'm thinking about a wizard, perhaps something along the line of Allanon in the Shannara series.

BigBuckBob

For the sake of time.

I currently have three people in a tomb. One at an inn waiting for the adventure to begin.

I will take the next three people to provide completed character sheets. Current cast has two male and two female characters.

Sexual aspects have so far been limited to PC's. Post a notice here, a character sheet in the ooc thread, and post in the new quest thread. No need to wait for approval. On the chance I don't approve, we'll work out how to fix it.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

TickTockMan

Question: I want my character to have extra arms.

Now, the easiest way to do that is Aberrant Limbs from DMG2 pg. 158.

There are two problems:
1) These abilities were primarily designed for NPCs. They're allowable by DM's approval, so I'm asking for that.
2) These abilities come with level adjustments. Now, since they were primarily designed for NPCs, the CR adjustment is relatively accurate but the level adjustment is not (which is something they admit). Aberrant Limbs is a +2 level adjustment and quite frankly I think that's too high. To wit: Drow, also a +2 LA, gets spell resistance, increase ability scores, some minor spell-like abilities, free weapon proficiency, and a weakness that is easily overcome by darkened goggles (which have since been printed). Aberrant Limbs give you two extra arms and multiweapon fighting. I would argue that Aberrant Limbs is only a +1 LA.

Now, regardless, I'll probably use LA buying off rules from Unearthed Arcana to buy off the LA with XP, which means that I'm probably going to end 6th or maybe 5th level (spending XP for items as well).

Also: my character concept has a background in a culture that is very high on the use of magic (hence multiple limbs: magic mutation). Before I go creating such a culture in your game world, does such a culture already exist and can you give me some info about it?

Thanks!
"You don't respect those people very much, Y.T., because you're young and arrogant. But I don't respect them much either, because I'm old and wise."

BigBuckBob

You seem to be doing what you can to maximize fairness, so approved.

Go ahead and pm me culture info, I'll send you something.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

BigBuckBob

Also, Now closed for new characters until further notice.

We have seven player characters, I feel that is appropriate for the theme.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?