The (non-anime) Movie Quote Game

Started by Captain Maltese, December 13, 2010, 11:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

This one should be easy to play. You guess the name of the (non-anime) movie the previous poster's quote, then add a quote by your own from a different movie. And when I say GUESS, I expect that you are dead sure - either you know or you don't. Let's keep this simple. Misunderstandings due to a faulty quote are forgiveable. The reason anime movies are kept out of this is because lots of movie lovers haven't seen much of those. while lots of anime lovers might not have seen a lot of other types of movies. Kindly make a new game for that if it sounds like a great thing.
Note: if there has not been a reply for a couple of days, feel free to reply with 'pass' or similar and get things going again with a fresh quote.

"I am shocked, Shocked, that gambling is going on in this place!"

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Beguile's Mistress

This is easy because I just saw the movie not too long ago and it's one of my favorites.

Casablanca

"I'm not crazy.  I've just been in a bad mood for the last forty years!"

Autumn52

Steal Magnolias

"You're just a bee charmer, Idgie Threadgoode. That's what you are, a bee charmer."
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Magma1519

Oh that would be Fried Green Tomatoes.

" Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left."

"Yes I have.''

''Look!''

''Just a flesh wound.''
A/A https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=90553.0  *UPDATED! 8/13*

I am so sorry to all my partners. I feel I am failing you all immensely. I just don't seem to have and muse or desire to write anymore. This may change eventually but there are no promises. Very sorry to you all.

http://www.dlclearance.com/JP_BW_Man_Dry_inShower_with_towel.jpg

Parlabane

That is, of course, King Arthur's encounter with the Black Knight from Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

"We've come on holiday by mistake!"

Lilias

Withnail & I. Why am I not surprised? (Must be Rick Grant's demented look...)

'You, boy, are arrogant, hot tempered and entirely too bold. I like that. Reminds me of me.'
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Sweet Trouble

Quote from: Lilias on December 14, 2010, 05:27:13 AM
'You, boy, are arrogant, hot tempered and entirely too bold. I like that. Reminds me of me.'

Took me a while to place it. Why it finally clicked I don't know? It has been a while since I have seen "The Three Musketeers". I think I was Oliver Platts character that the quote is from, not entirerly sure though.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everyone here is fucking crazy!

You want to go home.

Same problem.

lollipop

Quote from: Sweet Trouble on December 14, 2010, 09:57:00 AM

Everyone here is fucking crazy!

You want to go home.

Same problem.

One of my favorite movies of all time: Girl, Interrupted.

~~~~

Because you love her I will forgive you for that. Once! You say that again and we're not brothers.