My updated future earth roleplay idea

Started by playfullchick76, February 04, 2009, 08:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

This is a roleplay ive offered before, but im hoping for takers this time.

Earth would be the focal point of a vast empire.Its fleets and technology would be among the best and most coveted in the galaxy.Our weapons would also be the best, but restricted to our ships and armies. We've formed allianced with neighboring races, but naturally, our prosperity and weapons devellopment makes other races envious.

Divided, these races could never hope to defeat us, but banded together, they could.They launch attacks on our outer colonies, and work their way to our inner colonies.Our fleets attack them and slow them down, but no new ships have been built in years, so they are slowly destroyed.

Our allies abandon us and leave the fighting to us.We manage to hold out for a year, but they reach earth and begin their attack on our homeworld, seeking our technology and weapons, as well as our new  engine technology.

We know that its a battle that we will lose, and to that end, we construct a hidden facility under the former site of NORAD. Its a top secret facility, where we store all our most valuable and important technology, weapons, as well as a number of ground and air transports, including the prototypes of our new high speed shuttles, with the new engine technology in them.

Included are 5,000 cryopods, to preserve the most important of our race,our leaders, poets, weapons designers, as well as 500 children. Im counted as one of the planets best pilots, so i was chosen as well to take part in this ark, of sorts.

The cryopods are intended to keep us alive and preserve us for 50 years.By then, the alliance will be fracturing and we can escape to a new world, where we can rebuild our civilisation.

The alien armada attacks not long after i arrive, and sense the panic.The biometric blast doors that keeps this facility hidden are sealed, and theres no way out.Fighting is going on in orbit, as our fleets battle to keep them away from our cities for as long as possible.

Unknown to me, in the cities, a plague has been released, to kill anyone that survives the orbital bombardments and invasion of our world.There are others who have managed to escape and hide on other worlds, but the bulk of humanity had retreated to Earth.

I slip into my cryopod for my 50 year sleep, and the last thought that i have before i close my eyes is of my home city, New York,will i ever see it again, i ask myself, then the world goes black.

The fleet destroys our ships, but they dont get thier hands on any usefull weapons or engine technology, and with those left on earth dying, no one is alive to tell Earths occupiers anything.

They invade anyway and search for weapons and research labs, but they have all been destroyed.Furious, but not undeterred, they declare earth off-limits to those not of the fleet, as well as humans who managed to hide on friendly worlds.

They survive, and have offspring on their sanctuary worlds, to keep the human race alive.2,000 years go by and we are still in our pods.The timing controls were damaged somehow, and we arent woken up.During that time, the pods fail, one by one, until only my pod remains active and working to keep me alive.

After 2,000 years, the alien combine falls apart, and they fall victim to a mutated form of the plague that was released on earth.Harmless to others, but lethal to them.

Only then can the descendants of those who hid return to earth, along with those who sheltered them, and those from our former allies who feel guilt.They seek out any remaining traces of their culture.They come across rumors of an ark, set up and hidden before the final attack.

A team of archealogists enter what remains of NORAD, and gain access to the hidden levels when one activates the biometric scanner built into the blast door.

Whoever likes this would take the role of one of the team that finds the mountain and gains access to the hidden levels. Humans wouldnt have changed that much, maybe some mental abilies, but the speech and appearance would be the same.

scottw72

I sent you a PM if you are interested.

Scott

dready

hm... what sort of characters are you looking for to play such a roleplay?

playfullchick76

Maybe team leader, or a driven and skilled archaeologist,driven to find anything that was left for them to find, and the thought of finding a time capsule, or ark, drives them to continue.Only ruins of our cities would be left, making their quest all the more important.

as to how many humans would return to earth after 2000 years, it could be several million, depending on how fruitfull humans were during that dark period.

dready

hm... how would a scavenger/scrounger with tidbits of (random) knowledge fare out in such an area?

playfullchick76

One such as that would fare well, i think.Depends on how you see it.People play out an idea differently. I love the picture there, a roaring kitten, so cute. I love cats, but especially kittens.

dready

would you enjoy to rp with that sort of archetype? and is it alright to have anthromorphic beings in the rp? (second part is optional, just wondering)

playfullchick76

I dont know about anthoromorphic, thats not what ithought up originally.

Drako

This sounds like a fun thread to play. I'd probably rather play an alien who travels the stars looking for junk to sell, if possible.

playfullchick76

that could work, tell me more about your character, was he one of the races that abandoned earth, or another one entirely. I like what youve thought up about your character so far.

dready

Quote from: playfullchick76 on February 07, 2009, 03:54:12 AM
I dont know about anthoromorphic, thats not what ithought up originally.
kay, just curious about that. :3

playfullchick76

i just want to be honest with you. And, i do love that roaring kitten, so sweet.

RedEve

So you are looking for other members of that archeological team?

The rest of the arc pod-people are dead? How long ago did the last one perish? And how come your pod kept you alive longest?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

dready

tis alright, though i need to find another one since someone else already had it before i joined. D: i'm thinking of putting a few gifs into my siggy to ask people to vote for them since i've got a few that i'm not sure about choosing. >.>

back on topic: are you wanting to do this as a group rp, because i'm not fully sure on that area. ^^;