Competition of the Sword (D&D 3.5e, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 31, 2012, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

The Competition of the Sword was held once every ten years in the great desert city of Zhyer.  It was to celebrate the victory of the Goddess of War and God of Light over the seven Arch-Demons.  The Competition was simple, whichever registered team could accomplish the Seven Tasks first would be entitled to claim no less than ten thousand gold for each member, and a noble title of Baron or Baroness.  Of course, due to the difficulty of the tasks, most decades there were no competitors left to claim the prize. 

The team had been brought together by the Priestesses of the Sun Goddess in the hopes of finally having a victor in the Competition.  It had been six decades since the last team completed the tasks, and people were beginning to speak of ill omens for the future.  It didn't help that monstrous activity seemed to be on the rise in the frontier, and crime was up throughout the civilized lands.

This is intended to be a fairly simple Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition game in a high fantasy setting.  I will be accepting 4-6 players.  The game will be rated Nonconsensual-Exotic, so anyone interested must be comfortable with that.

I am only looking for female characters.

Characters will be 1st level, made using 32 point buy and only using the Player's Handbook.  They can use the max starting gold for their class to purchase equipment.

I would prefer at least 5 posts a week from players.

A quick character sheet, let me know if anything is wrong or missing.  You may need to scroll down to see it all.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
[tt][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Class (#):[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Size:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Religion:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]STR:[/b] ## (+#)
[b]DEX:[/b] ## (+#)
[b]CON:[/b] ## (+#)
[b]INT:[/b] ## (+#)
[b]WIS:[/b] ## (+#)
[b]CHA:[/b] ## (+#)

[b]BAB:[/b]
[b]HP:[/b]
[b]INIT:[/b]
[b]Speed:[/b]

[b]FORT:[/b]  ## = ## + ## + ## + ## + ##
[b] REF:[/b] ## = ## + ## + ## + ## + ##
[b]WILL:[/b] ## = ## + ## + ## + ## + ##

[b]AC:[/b] ## = 10 + ## + ## + ## + ## + ## + ## + ##
[b]Touch AC:[/b] ##
[b]Flat AC: [/b] ##

[b]     [u]Weapon[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Weapon[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Armour[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Shield[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Gear Worn[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Gear Carried[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Money[/u][/b]

[b]Carrying Capacity (Light):[/b]
[b]Carrying Capacity (Medium):[/b]
[b]Carrying Capacity (Heavy):[/b]

[b]     [u]Magic[/u][/b]
Domains:
Specialty:
Arcane Spell Failure: ##%
Turn/Rebuke Undead: #/d, Check, Damage

[b]Spells Known[/b]

[b]Spells Per Day[/b]

[b]     [u]Animal Companion/Familiar[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Racial/Class Abilities[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Feats[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Skills[/u][/b]

[b]     [u]Languages[/u][/b]
Common

[b]     [u]History[/u][/b]

[b]Player Ons:[/b]
[b]Player Limits:[/b]
[/tt]

Latooni Subota

I am interested . . the lack of extra books makes me sad, but I suppose I can deal with it. Will we get access to more books later on, or PHB all the way through?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ivygrowth

Probably just the PHB.  I might consider one or two others when the characters are higher level, but it is doubtful.  I dislike having to dig through ten books for one character to be honest. 

Latooni Subota

I think I'll end up playing a wizard then. Not sure what type, but I'll work on it when I get back to work, since I probably don't have enough time to get a more fleshed-out concept in before I head out. Sneak preview though! (Assuming I don't think of an image i like more before I finish chargen).

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Teo Torriatte

I would love to play either a rogue or a sorceress, if you don't mind me playing in like all your games, lol.

ivygrowth

Sounds good Latooni Subota :-) 

I'm fine with you being in all my games lunawuff ;) 

I will probably limit things to one of each class in the game, but a Rogue or Sorceress would work. 

Teo Torriatte

You want me to leave it open based on what other people want to play? Or should I just pick one and start making my character? Either way, I have to work in a bit so I wouldn't get it done until tomorrow morning anyway.

ivygrowth

I'd say pick one and make your character. :-)  If the party ends up a little unbalanced, just means they will have to use their heads more ;)

Muse

*Bows*  May I have the honor of jooining? 

Hm...  (Ponders what's fun out of the core books.) 

Paladin? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ivygrowth

You're welcome to join :-)

A Paladin would work.

AurelieCatena

Might I play a "Rangeress"? Could she be an Elf or a semi-elf? Or do you only want Human characters?

AurelieCatena

I am also tempted to play a barbarian Amazon... Maybe even more than an Rangeress... Let me know if you have any preference.

Teo Torriatte

I'm gonna go with a rogue. Every party needs a rogue.  :-) I will have the character made sometime either today or tonight. Or in the morning at the very latest.

Snake

ivygrowth

Any of the PHB races would be fine AurelieCatena, so an Elf or Half-Elf Ranger or Barbarian would be fine.  Either could work, so it really comes down to whatever you would prefer to play. :-)

Sounds good lunawuff.

Let me know what you want to play Snake.

Snake

EvilBeast

Been waiting for a D&D game. I'll make either a halfling druid or rogue.

Latooni Subota

EvilBeast, I love that alt art of Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf, you're using for you avatar. Lol

ivygrowth

If Aurelie prefers to play a Ranger you may have to play something else Snake.  Though if she wants to play a Barbarian, a Ranger is fine.

A druid would work EvilBeast, Rogue is taken by lunawuff.

EvilBeast

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 01, 2012, 03:22:31 PM
EvilBeast, I love that alt art of Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf, you're using for you avatar. Lol
thanks! :)

@ivy
druid it is then! when do you need characters by?

Latooni Subota

I have changed my mind! I am now going Cleric instead, because everyone needs a cute healer/Turner right?

Would anyone be particularly squicked out if I went gnome, if/when naughty things happen? Small body size and all that?

ivygrowth

I'd like characters as soon as you can get them in, though don't have a specific time table.

I'd prefer a human sized character, but won't require it as long as a gnome is fine with the Elliquiy rules. 

EvilBeast

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 01, 2012, 03:43:19 PM
I have changed my mind! I am now going Cleric instead, because everyone needs a cute healer/Turner right?

Would anyone be particularly squicked out if I went gnome, if/when naughty things happen? Small body size and all that?
not at all. assuming others aren't squicked by a halfling as well.

@ivy:
i'll get it posted this weekend.

Latooni Subota

Eh, I'll just go with human. I found a cute picture for one.

Can we get some more details on possible deities to worship? Just basic name/purview/domains?

ivygrowth

You can go with basic ones, or make up one of your own if you want.  I'm not picky in that regard ;)  If you want I can provide a list, but I only had a few thought out.