Jucheck.exe and Justcheck.exe

Started by Wolfy, February 23, 2013, 10:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Both popped up on me, saying they were from Java/Oracle Systems.

I did a google search,and it looks like they check out, but when I clicked yes for it to install the latest version, it said I already had it? @_@

Should I be worried? Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes, after a quick scan, report no infections, and I know that Java Exploit has most likely not been patched yet.

Serephino

This keeps popping up a lot on me too.  It tells me it didn't install. 

Oniya

Quote from: Wolfy on February 23, 2013, 10:07:38 AM
Both popped up on me, saying they were from Java/Oracle Systems.

I did a google search,and it looks like they check out, but when I clicked yes for it to install the latest version, it said I already had it? @_@

Should I be worried? Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes, after a quick scan, report no infections, and I know that Java Exploit has most likely not been patched yet.

If you're concerned about the legitimacy of these files, the best thing to do is check your version directly at the Java website.   

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

With the latest exploits going around, you might be prompted to run the application there (I'm not sure whether the alert I got was from Java itself, Firefox or something else), but the latest version is 7 Update 15.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

I checked, and when I tried to run the app on their website, a warning popped up that my Java version was Insecure, asking me if I really wanted to run it.

I let it, and it said my Java Version was version 7 update 13.

So...apparently Firefox has some kind of Automatic defense for when Java tries to run?

Oniya

Yup.  It'll prompt you to make sure you've requested to run Java apps now.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Just popped up again.

:/ Still said I already have the latest version.