TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on March 07, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
And what is wrong with heresy?!

naughty

EVERYTHING.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Adrasteia

It's an abomination unto Nuggan.

But I don't really like pineapple anyway, which I suspect is more the issue. Sugary things on pizza are fine within reason (red onion marmalade as an example), but I'm not really convinced tropical fruit is the answer to that particular question.

Deamonbane

In all fairness, Pizza has changed one hell of a lot since Italy. Say from something like this:

To everything else that looks nothing like that. Personal favorite is:

Chicago Deep Dish.... *dies*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 07, 2018, 05:48:44 PM
In all fairness, Pizza has changed one hell of a lot since Italy. Say from something like this:

Back in college, we had a 'Professor Emeritus' (or basically, 'Teacher who can teach whatever he wants to') who did a number of off-beat classes at 8:30 AM (because that way, he knew that only people really interested would sign up).  One of those was 'History of Ancient Greece and Rome', and for one of the classes, we had authentic Roman-style pizza.  No tomatoes (New World, and also believed poisonous), not a whole lot of cheese (goat cheese would have been most likely) - and the one topping that I can safely say I will never consider putting on a pizza ever again. 

Yes, I have actually had a pizza with anchovies.

Luckily, there were other topping combinations available.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TerribleTira

Quote from: Adrasteia on March 07, 2018, 12:06:44 PM
It's an abomination unto Nuggan.

But I don't really like pineapple anyway, which I suspect is more the issue. Sugary things on pizza are fine within reason (red onion marmalade as an example), but I'm not really convinced tropical fruit is the answer to that particular question.

Nuggan?

AmberStarfire

I'm of the opinion that pineapple on pizza is an abomination :P but I have eaten it before. In situations where it's what there is to eat, I tend to pick off the pineapple. It's really not my favourite thing (although I like pineapple as a fruit).

AmberStarfire

I just noticed Adrasteia said abomination as well. :) It must be true.

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 07, 2018, 05:48:44 PM

To everything else that looks nothing like that. Personal favorite is:

Chicago Deep Dish.... *dies*

Generally I'd see there as being two types. There's Italian pizza and American-style pizza. They're like two completely different things but both great in their own ways.

TerribleTira

I've never had authentic italian style pizza. :(

Aiden

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

CriminalMindsFan

I like it. I'm bothered when people say cheese is their favorite topping because I don't view cheese or sauce as a topping. Those two items aren't optional to me on a pizza.

Oniya

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on April 26, 2018, 06:19:42 PM
I like it. I'm bothered when people say cheese is their favorite topping because I don't view cheese or sauce as a topping. Those two items aren't optional to me on a pizza.

I actually had a friend who would order 'veggie lover' pizza without cheese.  I forget if he was lactose-intolerant, or vegan, but the local pizza place would do it right up for him.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Deamonbane

There is the four cheese topping, which is rather good, I think.

RedRose

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2018, 11:37:13 AM
Pineapple on pizza is heresy. I claim my Italian ancestry as authoritative proof that I am right.

I dated an Italian, he said the same BUT he did think it tasted good lol.
And yes, traditional pizza is very different from American.

FTR there def is non-pork bacon, and non-meat bacon.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Shores

Pineapple on Pizza here is like... the cheese pizza of America. Hawaiian pizza (tomato sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple) is something you order as the safe option at parties. Everyone eats it, including kids. I think it's because our culture uses pineapple in a lot of cuisine, including soups, curries, fried rice, and even bbq!

Imagine my surprise and amusement when the debate about pineapple on pizza started.

RedRose

Crusty cheese is nice, unOrthodox for Italians but nice ;)
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

MasterMischief

You people are monsters.  The only fruit that belongs on pizza is pepperoni.

Rp girl

I am personally a fan of pinapple on pizza but only one way!

Ham
Cheese
Peperoni/salami if Im out
And pinapple
Maybe some parcely or italian herds if I want some extra stuff.

And not in execces of use. (Late to the party sorry)

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: MasterMischief on May 05, 2018, 04:10:16 PM
You people are monsters.  The only fruit that belongs on pizza is pepperoni.
If you count pepperoni as fruit I would also include onions and bell peppers as "fruit", and those are just fine on a pizza.

But no pineapple for me, thank you very much. On that I agree wholeheartedly.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Deante

1) I don't care what people eat as long as I don't have to eat it. Nothing is a food crime. Gross certainly, but food is one of the most "victimless crimes" ever, so there's no need to be so fuedy over it. For similar reason, I don't care what "real x" food is. Is it tasty? Then I'mma eat it.

2) Hawaiian is like, my favorite pizza. :D

TheHighwayHitman

Yes!

Bell peppers, Pineapple, and ground beef on one, red peppers, chicken, and onions on the other. They are both thin crust with Alfredo sauce!

LostInTheMist

I love anchovies on pizza. But not on a pizza with pineapples. As a kid, my favorite kind of Pizza was Hawaiian with pineapple and canadian bacon.

My tastes have... kind of... evolved since then.

I still can't resist "Macaroni and Cheese" pizza at my local parlor though. (Yes, it's Macaroni and cheese on top of a pizza. Don't judge me.)

My usual preference though is vegetarian with lots of artichoke hearts and olives and sun-dried tomatoes. But I will still eat and enjoy Hawaiian. Or really, let's be honest, anything so long as there's not too much tomato sauce. I love sun dried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes on my pizza. But tomato sauce, IMO, sucks. So it's gotta be either low sauce, or something else entirely.

My current ideal pizza without modifications is Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegetarian with Olive Oil and garlic "sauce".

Unless you count the $50.00+ pizzas at some of the crazy-ass places. But I can get my Papa Murphy's Pizza for under $15.00. And it's at least 90% as good.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

CriminalMindsFan

Recently someone told me they don't like the red sauce on pizza and prefer getting white sauce or no sauce on pizza.

Oniya

I mean, change-ups from the usual can be tasty.  I remember a Thai Chicken pizza from CPK that was amazing, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tomato harmed in the process.

*checks*

Quote from: From their menuGrilled chicken breast with peanut sauce and Mozzarella, hearth-baked then topped with crisp bean sprouts, julienned carrots, slivered scallions and fresh cilantro.

Prosak

Pineapple, Jalapeno, ham: With these three elements combined your pizza loving experiance will be forever changed by it's beauty.