A lite system-based Superhero(ine) vs Villians group?

Started by Twisted Crow, June 18, 2015, 09:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

While I was thinking about making my own group (despite my own current system idea I'd like to finish), I thought I'd inquire first about any existing groups that have any sort of system in place. I either picture groups like this not having any dice at all or having mountains of dice.

Would any exist that happen to be somewhere in the middle?

wander

Hia TC,

Have you seen 'Worlds in Peril'? Its a new superhero rp that is fairly cheap and uses the same system from Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, Monster of the Week, Spirit of 77 and Monsterhearts and a few others.

I wouldn't want to particularly run it, though I know the above games are fun and all use a fairly simple 'roll 2d6: 10+ succeeds, 7-9 is a pass but something happens and 6 or less is a fail but get 1xp for the effort'. At least thats how Dungeon World works and the dice mechanic is pretty standard through the games.

I know you were asking for a group rather than a system, though I figure if people see the mention, a group could be built around it. There's also a free final draft of the rules (wall of text doc style) found here;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knd5b6nc607gyf3/Worlds%20in%20Peril%20-%20Final%20%2810.29%29.pdf

I recommend picking up the actual completed book though.