Heathen's school for despicable Villainy. Interest check.

Started by Malgriff, March 12, 2014, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

Since a few people have shown interest in this particular idea it's been mentioned to me that I should try this out in a group rp. Before I explain the idea you need to know I have never gm'd a game before and I would prefer if a more experienced player takes over that role, as I plan to only be a player in this particular story.

So the idea is this,
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(using the original rp wanted text)
Very fantasy and fairy tale based with magic lore etc, there are the good and the evil characters from possibly every story, however they are getting on in years and so wish to bestow their knowledge on the next generation of heroes and villains. The all too goody goody princes and princesses set up a school for future heroes to learn the lawful ways of the world, some learn to fight others learn good magics and the rest take on more benign learnings.

But as there are good things there are also evil, the villains of the world too create a school, a terrifying fortress of black rock in the gnarled dark forest. Vicious beasts prowl the grounds while the dastardly wizards and witches impart their dark ways on the younger generation of evil doers. The big bad wolves, the evil step mothers and dark spirits teach their students how to fight dirty, how to get what they want, to steal from the good and to weave much darker spells.

Now that the back drop has been set in place the story can take a few twists and turns from here on in. I plan to play a female character (Good) who has gotten mixed up with which school she is to attend, originally she had her name down for the school of heroes, instead she finds herself surrounded by the dark forces of the world. However undeterred by the harsh mix up and being ever the eager student she tries to learn from the teachers, much to their chagrin.

The plot could thicken with the teachers thinking to taint a born hero into being as evil as she can be, my character will be doing the opposite with other students that she makes friends with there (Unknowingly doing so I might add). Now this I hope will be quite a long rp and this will happen gradually, with plenty of opportunity for drama, action, adventure, angst, sexual tension and romance.

The long of the short of it is, fairy tale world meets Hogwarts in a very dark way. We all knew the old stories of the wicked, witch the big bad wolf, the goblins and so on. This is where they all come to learn to be the evil villains of the next generation of stories. The characters can be as creative as you like, but bare in mind most of the story will be focused on students at a high high school age to college age, so no over powered characters, teachers will in most cases always have more experience and have built up their own powers over time.

This isn't a fandom rp so try not to bring specific type monsters into the story like say a dementor, however a wraith is acceptable as it's a common legend rather than a specific creature.

Suggested Teacher positions
Teachers will act as admins of a sort through the rp as well as having their own story arcs should they choose to.
The wicked witch (any name you want):
The big bad wolf (again any name):
The boogie man (possibly the headmaster that's up for discussion):
The evil step mother/ sisters (these would be interesting to see trying to teach classes)
If you can think of another type that would make a good teacher feel free to let me know.

Suggested student types
Students can range from humans, generic humanoid races like drow, dark elves, witches and warlocks etc, to more monster type creatures, like demons, goblins, golems trolls, orcs, ogres half animals, werewolves, spectres and ghosts. Anything you can think of.

I know a lot of people here want to know about the juicy stuff, sexual interactions and relationship developments. If it's pure smut you want to write feel free to use the idea as a basis but try not to clutter up the main story with adventurous romps. There will be rules posted shortly if this gets enough interest. If you are post below here with a brief description of what sort of character you'd like to play as, if you'd like to GM the game as a teacher or as the headmaster of the school you can post here or send me a pm with your ideas.

Characters
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200345.0

OOC thread (fixed)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=199802.0

IC Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200405.0

someinheritthewealth

How this for possible picture of the school

Or this

MzHyde

Malgriff

The backdrop of the first picture with the size and scale of the second castle.

Siereis

So I was interested in making a teacher, but I have a few questions first.

1.  For the example characters you posted, most of them appear to be 'Disney' inspired archetypes.  Is that sorta the inspiration you would like to limit teachers to or are we free to create just about any 'dark' teacher?  For example, would a dark elven sorceress be acceptable?

2.  If I am playing as a teacher, does that also mean I control the plot?  While obviously a teacher has more responsibility than a student in dictating plot, would the player playing the teacher also be nearly 'solely' responsible for being a GM?

Malgriff

Disney is where I got the idea from but I don't' want to limit this game to just disney types, go nuts but not OP with characters.

Teachers will be sort of Admins while the headmaster or headmistress (or both) will act as the game's GM's. What I think I will do is have an oc thread set aside for the teachers and the gm's to discuss plot and story arcs within the game. If it effects certain students it's best to message them via pm's. I haven't done a group game for a while so please bare with me while I get a handle on everything.

someinheritthewealth

I would go for unconventional choice of supernatural being, not the typical I promise, I could use a Siren, a Banshee or something else entirely.

Deamonbane

Not expressing interest, just thought that one of the teachers might be a trickster/deal maker, alla Rumpelstiltskin...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Malgriff

Interesting that would be fun to see, thanks for the idea.

Deamonbane

Actually, I wouldn't mind playing a character like that, so if an opening of a professor of that kind should appear.... DIBS!!!!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Savant of the Wastes

Looks like it could be fun. I'll show some interest here for that. Don't have any concrete ideas at the moment, but a student of some description probably.

Malgriff

I'm sure we'll be glad to have you aboard :3 The more the merrier

Esmeralgirl

It's a nice idea, I'm interested. Count me in :) I'll play a student. maybe from the line of some disney villains.

RainyHigh

Interested. I'd play a student character if this game starts :)
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Koekje

He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Jefepato

If you're still looking for players, I might be interested in a student position.  If I can handle finding the time for another game just now.

Faeli

Angaroo

someinheritthewealth

Akum you wish me to post the profile skeletons or shall you?

Juggtacular

Very interested. I have ideas for both a student and teacher character.

Malgriff

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on March 20, 2014, 02:27:41 AM
Akum you wish me to post the profile skeletons or shall you?

Go ahead.

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this to gain much interest but thank you all for expressing such. I look forward to writing with you.

Ironwolf85

Here is what I just came up with.

Pleasure to meet you folks...

Toben Thrane

【 20 (ages slower than normal) 】

【 Parents - Lady Trell & Wizard King Thendorff 】

【 Omnisexual 】

【 Student 】

► Persionality Domineering, intelligent, like his father he's a letcher around the women, and overindulgent in vices. However he has a soft heart for those he likes dispite his controling personality. Unlike his Father, he actually has plans to make his land prosperious, instead of taking other people's land. This drive for improvement and soft heart for his "minions" is somthing the school doesn't encourage, but can't break him of.

► Back Story As often happens in fantasy stories, Evil Wizard King kidnaps beautiful princess, hero uncovers magical artifact of power, goes on an amazing adventure & saves said princess, evil wizard is beaten but escapes at the last minute to show up in the sequals, or comes back from the dead somehow, and so forth. Thendorff Thrane however actually slept with one of the lovely ladies he kidnapped. Nine months after her rescue she bore him a son. This was Thoben, and while daddy was dead (for the fifth or sixth time), he had a chance to grow up being tossed between the two kingdoms, though his evil linage got his son sent on a one way trip to the academy when he came of age.
Thendorff is on his tenth time around, and pushing the limits. It's up to his handsome son to eventually continue the family legacy of kidnapping princesses, raising armies of monsters, building dungeons, and so forth. When old pappy Wizard King finally dies for good.
Thoben has seven brothers, all slated to go to the hero academy, he is also fourth in line for the throne of Andlasia. Technically he's a prince, and technically owns both a small fief in that kingdom, and in his father's mountianious barren lands, giving him a decent income. He actually has no interist in raising his father from the dead as a dark overlord after he dies, and designs to make The Blackford Badlands an actually prosperious kingdom before entering into the "Wizard King" profession. This is somthing that
He's one of the advanced magic students, his Major is Advanced Overlording, his Minors are Princess Kidnapping & Liberal Arts, with some side classes in seduction/proppaganda.

Abilities

• Black Arts: he's taking collage level black magics, and excels in the course. These of course include necromancy, curses, and so forth.
  • Competantce: unlike most villians-in-training, He's aware of the story cycle his family serves. He's also smart enough to subvert his trope.
  • Distructive Magics: fire is his speciality, but lightning is a close second.
  • Swordsmanship: his father prefered a halbard, Thoben prefers a sword, and trains with it.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

someinheritthewealth

someinheritthewealth

Name - Dinah Krueger

Age - 17

Personality - Much like her father Dinah has a rather sadistic sense of humour, often acting more like a bully than a good student. She does possess her Mother's bravery though and tenacity. Fond of torturing the younger ones and using her developing nightmare powers, she is popular but feared due to a large part because of whom her father is and just how she was born.

Parents - Freddy Krueger and Nancy Thompson

Species - Human Mostly

Sexuality - Bisexual Leans towards Girls

History - The story is he took Nancy into his realm and imregnated with his seed and as time pass faster in the realm, Dinah was born. Since this was Krueger she had the baby in reality and it was put up to adoption, because her parents would not believe her, no matter how she tried to kill the babe. 

It was only after event ten years after, Dinah found out her true father and sought him out, he saw her potential and knowing this academy suggest she admit herself. After that it's been clear much like her father Dinah is malign, cruel and amused by the suffering of others, perhaps not quite as terrifying as the children of Hellraiser, she after all has some of her Mother's qualities, which means those she does come to love, she will love truthfully and with great passion, although you first need to accept she cares nothing for the hurting of others.

Almost a senior she's been working on her powers and improving them, looking forward to the chance to test out her powers on other students when she becomes senior and unlike her father she does not condone rape again probably Nancy's blood.

Powers - Control of Nightmares and Able to Merge the Realities.

Faeli

Lynnessa Balt

Spawn of the Ridgeway Ghost

Bisexual

Student

Back Story Lyn's "father" was an infamous spirit which haunted a stretch of road, terrorizing travellers, killing run-away dogs, and raping anything with a hole that found itself in the wrong section of the road when the hour of the wolf would descend.  However, he was also a very foolish spirit... he didn't understand subtlety, didn't understand discression.  His reign of terror was violent, well documented, and ultimately quashed by the forces of righteousness, holyness, and other meddlesome types.

At the time the Ridgeway Ghost was cleansed from the world, Lyn was a malignant manifestation in the womb of one of his many vessels, and the sole inheritor of his power at the moment his essence ceased to be... but her moment of power would be short lived indeed, for it wasn't an hour before the powers that be converged on her host and sealed her, sending her deep down into the depths of damnation before she could come to be.

To this day, the woman wears a sealing sign on her back, a remnant of her banishment and a sigil that should completely seal her away.  Through rigorous training, she has learned how to split her mind so that the portion of her mind that is aware of the sigil can be blocked off and ignored... but it is an unfortunately well-known fact around the school that anyone touching the seal will remind her of it and, thus, render her immobile until they stop touching it.

Abilities
Possession:  Being a spirit, Lyn is adapt at entering the body of another and manipulating their actions, though the stronger a person's will the less she is able to do.
Telekinesis:  Similar to possession, Lyn can mentally possess inanimate objects and move them about.
Incorporeal:   Lyn can fade into a ghost-like form at will - provided no one is touching her seal.
Shapeshifting:  Lyn can alter her appearance into other humanoid figures.