News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

In honour of Canada Day

Started by Avis habilis, July 01, 2011, 07:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis habilis

Let's all stand for the national anthem:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordfreak/4580023998/#secretb24ebd7b8e

The only video of it I could find, sadly.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Happy Canada Day to all of you who reside north of the border.  I recall watching coverage of a tribute to our fallen citizens and heroes that included a RCM singing the Star Spangled Banner.  It was one of the most moving experiences I ever had.  Our countries have always been good friends, a situation that I hope lasts forever.

Morrowclaw

The fireworks from my balcony in Montreal were fantastic to see. Happy birthday to the true North: Strong and free!
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Wyrd

Just got in from one of the best Canada day get parties I've ever been too. A big bonfire at a good friends place down by lake simco about an hour from where I live in Toronto. We lit off amazing fireworks and saw some awesome ones form houses across the lake. We drank nothing but Molsen Canadians and me and a buddy of mine came up with out guitars and kept everyone entertained after the fireworks. We also listened to Tragically Hip through out the night, which os required for a proper Canada day. Hope everyone had a good time as well! Happy birthday Canada!

And just because I'm filling happy I\ll just put this here. I thought it was really cool to see US news talk about something like the Highway if Heroes. Which I myself drive along almost ever week. On that note, I salute all those in the Canadian Forces fighting and to those fallen heros who have lost their lives, rest easy now 
U.S. Media Tribute to Highway of Heroes

Ragtime Dandies!