News:

Main Menu

RIP Kanye West

Started by Sabby, October 21, 2009, 09:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

http://music.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=523549&showcomments=true&rss=yes

QuoteIf you checked out Twitter this morning, you may have noticed that the top trending topic on the social networking site was "RIP Kanye West".

Wait a sec — Kanye's dead?! Other sites were abuzz with the news that the controversial rapper had died in a "gruesome" car crash in Los Angeles.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on whether you've forgiven Kanye for his behaviour at the VMAs), Kanye is still alive, at least according to his model girlfriend Amber Rose.

"This RIPKanyeWest topic is not funny and its [sic] NOT TRUE!," Amber tweeted. "He has people like myself and his family that love him very much."

"Its [sic] in extreme poor taste to have that as a trendy [sic, again] topic," she continued. "U wouldn't want someone to say that about u."

Amber tried to counter the Kanye death hoax by creating her own trending topic on Twitter, #LongLiveYeezy — "Yeezy" being his nickname, I guess — but her attempts failed miserably.

Apparently the rumour is the work of 4chan.org, the internet tricksters who invented LOLcats and Rickrolling. Those wily scamps!

Oh 4Chan... is there nothing you won't do? xD

Oniya

Apparently, the malware writers have already started tagging their sites so that they'll come up with a search on things like 'Kanye West death'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

thebobmaster

I know this is a bit off-topic, but jeez...Kanye West is getting a lot of (albeit well-deserved) hate lately, isn't he? I mean, even before this, Barack Obama called him a "jackass" to the press...and no one really cared, or called him out on it.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Le RandomBloke

Quote from: thebobmaster on October 22, 2009, 01:04:31 AM
Barack Obama called him a "jackass" to the press...

Wasn't that suppose to be off the record though? :P (Not that it matters)

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

thebobmaster

Quote from: RandomClown on October 22, 2009, 02:19:17 AM
Wasn't that suppose to be off the record though? :P (Not that it matters)

True.

Callie Del Noire

I think it's cool actually..give him some of the treatment he gives others.. but I'm sure that he'll spin it so that he's the hurt party..
Rather than being the douche that he really is.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 22, 2009, 10:41:41 AM
I think it's cool actually..give him some of the treatment he gives others.. but I'm sure that he'll spin it so that he's the hurt party..

You know, before the Taylor Swift incident, I'd disagree with you. Say what you want about Taylor Swift's talent, or lack thereof, but what Kanye West did to her is beyond unprofessional.

Brittany

I never liked Kanye West, and I thought what he did at those awards was disgusting.

However this disgusts me more in honesty.  As his girlfriend said, he has family and friends who love him.  They didn't do anything wrong. 

If I saw a news report that my boyfriend or close friend had died, I'd be distraught.

Death is never funny.

Sabby

Quote from: SpookyGhostBrittany on October 22, 2009, 11:40:21 AM
I never liked Kanye West, and I thought what he did at those awards was disgusting.

However this disgusts me more in honesty.  As his girlfriend said, he has family and friends who love him.  They didn't do anything wrong. 

If I saw a news report that my boyfriend or close friend had died, I'd be distraught.

Death is never funny.

I've laughed at the death of someone I knew... though it was kind of an in joke.

Doomsday

Meh, the fake death things have gotten old. And I still love Kanye, despite his shenanigans.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 22, 2009, 10:41:41 AM

When was the last time Kanye West faked someone's death ???

DonaGothika

Kanye is rather nutty when he's out and about but his music is still tops in my book. . .And it is not nice that someone thought that saying he's dead is funny---Sadism is not humor!
MY APOLOGIZES. . . I'VE BEEN AWOL and LIFE HAS KICKED MY BUTT SOME!!! Sorry to all I had to leave hanging--real life is well. . . tough LOL!
OOo's

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Darkly Dreaming Doomsday on October 22, 2009, 11:54:09 AM
Meh, the fake death things have gotten old. And I still love Kanye, despite his shenanigans.

When was the last time Kanye West faked someone's death ???

True true..

but he's still a total tool.

Brittany

My main issue with the whole "fake death" thing is his friends, family and fans.  None of them have done anything wrong and it's a horrible thing to read about someone.

I do agree that the guy is completely ugh.  I really do think he should just disappear for a year or so and let everyone forget about all the idiotic things he has done before re-launching.

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. I am curious though.. MTV banned Andrew Dice Clay  for 'innappropate' language and behavior.. I figure they should do the same with West for his behavior.

Doomsday

Except Clay told raunchy sex jokes while Kanye just stormed the stage. I can sympathize with the whole 'ban' thing but they seem to be two totally different cases.

Callie Del Noire

Thing is he's done this before..

Some of his stage antics courtesy of Wikipedia (trimmed down by me.. read the whole entry for his other antics.)

On September 2, 2005, during a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina relief on NBC, A Concert for Hurricane Relief, West was a featured speaker. Controversy arose when West was presenting, as he deviated from the prepared script. Actor Mike Myers, with whom West was paired to present, spoke next and continued to read the script. Once it was West's turn to speak again, he said "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

On November 2, 2006, when his "Touch the Sky" failed to win Best Video at the MTV Europe Music Awards, West went onto the stage as the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends" and argued that he should have won the award instead.

On September 9, 2007, West suggested that his race had to do with his being overlooked for opening the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) in favor of Britney Spears; he claimed, "Maybe my skin’s not right." West was performing at the event; that night, he lost all 5 awards that he was nominated for, including Best Male Artist and Video of the Year. After the show, he was visibly upset that he had lost at the VMAs two years in a row, stating that he would not come back to MTV ever again. He also appeared on several radio stations saying that when he made the song "Stronger" that it was his dream to open the VMAs with it. He has also stated that Spears hasn't had a hit in a long period of time and that MTV exploited her for ratings.[93]

MasterMischief

I think Kanye is just immature.  I do not hate the guy.  He just needs to grow up some.  Yes, what he did to Taylor was unprofessional, but at least he thought he was standing up for what he thought was right.

thebobmaster

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 22, 2009, 01:52:21 PM
I think Kanye is just immature.  I do not hate the guy.  He just needs to grow up some.  Yes, what he did to Taylor was unprofessional, but at least he thought he was standing up for what he thought was right.

That was beyond unprofessional. Running up on the stage and yanking the microphone from the winner in the middle of her acceptance speech to say your own piece is not just unprofessional, it's downright cruel and unfair to the winner.

MasterMischief

I conceded unprofessional and unfair.  Cruel?

thebobmaster

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 22, 2009, 02:16:59 PM
I conceded unprofessional and unfair.  Cruel?

Considering that it took away her moment to shine, and the fact that she now had to share what was supposed to be her moment in the spotlight with someone who wasn't even in the running...I consider that cruel to her.

Oniya

Teenager receiving first award ever.  It's like interrupting a first time bride during her wedding vows.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MasterMischief

I guess I just have to agree to disagree.

Chris Brown = hate

Kanye West = meh.

Doomsday

Quote from: Oni on October 22, 2009, 02:26:03 PM
Teenager receiving first award ever.  It's like interrupting a first time bride during her wedding vows.

It happens in like every other movie :P

Callie Del Noire

He (though implied actions) insulted her in front of MILLIONS.. a teenager who was just getting started and this had to be one of her first award appearances. He came up, took the mike from her and basically told her (and the entire VMA audience) that she didn't deserve the award she was receiving.

That strikes me as cruel. I wonder if he kicks puppies in his free time as well.

Moon and Star

I came into the thread with a curious glee... only to leave disappointed. :(