News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gundam?

Started by Chreestafer, March 26, 2010, 10:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

i have been watching Gundam Wing lately and have been in the mood for a Gundam RP anyone else interested?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Jarod1

I'd love do a Gundam RP.  Did you have a particular series in mind?

Gundam Series I've watched
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed & seed destiny
Gundam 00
Gundam Zeta
Most of Mobile suit Gundam

Sessha

"Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! I do! I do! I am itnerested!"
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

rancorius

Chreestafer

hahaha your all welcome to be in it the more the merrier.....anyone have ideas theyd want to add?

and my plot was this was going to be in the gundam wing universe, but a few years in the future when it will be a whole new set of people and a whole new set of gundams
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Xiddeus

Gundam... Awesome, count me interested.

Lets drop a colony on someone!
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Chreestafer

well it looks like i got my 5 gundam pilots anyone else interested in playing any other parts out there! lol
Ons and Offs
F-List

Blackbird

Well, there always has to be a bad guy with a mask, right? If that particular role is open, count me in! Although, I would like to learn more as to what you had in mind beyond just "being a few years in the future". General plotline/objectives? Rules? That kind of thing.

Silk

I can play the non gundam pilot female lead if its open :) Although I would still like to have some kind of Mobile suit capability, sort of like Lucretia noin or similar style of character.

Chreestafer

well the ideas were help open for discussion, but my plot ideas was  for a new set of pilots, heres the idea

10 years after the colonies and earth held a peace treaty a rouge gundam appeared as if from no were on the colonies destroying random buildings as if to send a message that the hate was still not dead, the gundam was only around for a week before it disapeared, 2 mor years pass before that gundam rises once more with 2 aditional suits at its sides, the 3 come and go as if nothing can atop and they claim lives like theyre gods and can make the choice to do so, so then the oldpilots like heero and them assign new gundams to be made from their old ones and they find new pilots.  so in this case we can have 3 good and 3 bad pilots if we all wanted?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Silk

Possibly, may get a bit messy during combats though.

Just to clarify I didn't mean the character itself, just the equivilant role in the story.

Blackbird

Well, I guess "good" and "bad" will be relative, depending on individual character motivations. I think you've got a decent basic idea going. We could build upon it and make it more epic. Is there anything else you imagined for the story?

And what about the Gundams themselves? Are they going to be the exact ones from the series, just with new pilots? Or will they be the same, but with upgrades? Or can we use different Mobile Suits, or even make up entirely new ones?

Quote from: Silk on March 29, 2010, 02:13:31 PM
Possibly, may get a bit messy during combats though.

So? That's great! Having players on opposite sides helps to increase the drama.

Xiddeus

I would like to be on da bad side if possible.  Plus the gundam I would like is similar to the red one in Gundam X that transforms into a fighterjet, or space jet.  Or whatever.
If not oh well its still a gundam.
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Blackbird

Alright! High five for da bad side! *high five*

And you're talking about bird mode, where it transforms into a fighter jet. Wing Gundam does it in this series as well.

I'm psyched for this, if it turns out to be a good RP. Here's a motivational vid to get people pumped!

GUNDAM WING AMV5-LAST IMPRESSION「HIGH QUALITY」

rancorius

if its possible I'd like to do a gundam based on the heavy arms endless waltz version(just by adding 2 shoulder cannon on it) if that possible

Chreestafer

well you guys its all up to you as to what you want to do im fine with what ever you want to add and yes that idea was just a basic idea....

as for the plot im hoping for original characters and such like the new gundams can be upgrades from older ones or the older ones could have been torn apart and made into new ones its all your own choice, for my character im going to have a background with duo, as he was the one that trained me and and tore deathscythe apart (i kno it hurts to hear that cause death scythe by far was the sickest in my opinion) and had some of his own mechanics build a new one to a dream he had with some new parts since hes part of the "sweapers" so with this new gundam he trains me with....ill post more when i set up a character background link soon, but first i wish to set the plot line up so lets discuse it

also i have one set gundam if anyone is curious to pilot, i have a photo of it i found it and thought it could be used as the original gundam that started to attack the colonies, heres a link to the photo it doesnt need to be used i just thought it looked cool

http://media.photobucket.com/image/axe%20mech%20suit/vonlouisse/Axe_Mech_Robot.jpg
Ons and Offs
F-List

Blackbird

Yeah, let's discuss!  ;D

As for the picture... you're right, it is really cool, but it doesn't even look like a Gundam. Looks more like a guy in armor than a giant military robot.

As for potential plot... here's my two cents. (Okay, more like ten...). What would you think of my character being the main "villain", and have created a paramilitary organization to take over the entire Earth Sphere by force? We could say that it was my men in the "evil" Gundams that have been wrecking havoc recently, while I keep my organization a secret. Then, when the "good guys" show up to stop the destruction, I frame the Gundam pilots and reveal my organization to the public, promising to "save them from this crisis". As I rise to power, the heroes become outlaws, and must fight to reveal the truth and stop me before my true plans are unleashed!

If you guys like this idea, I will post more details. Xiddeus, if you want to be on "da bad side", you can be my right hand if you want. Chreestafer, if you like it,  this idea will keep you from having to think too hard, as it will be me doing most of the political work. It will leave you more able to focus on your own character and piloting your Gundam, since it seams you want to be the leader of the heroes, yes?

Jarod1

I was thinking of my character being either the son, or if contrast is needed, the daughter of Zech's and Noin.  Like his/her father this child will be an ace and pilot a mobile suit similar to the origional Tallgeese though built more for dueling than battle similar to Epyon.

Blackbird

You wanna be one of my officers as well?

Jarod1

Perhaps, though I'd like to wait for a few more details.  I was thinking about being on the "good" side.  But if its played with enough grey like the show I could certainly see being on your team at least as things start out.

Chreestafer

well as we all kno there isnt any "good' or "bad" side its just which ever side your heart lays on and your beliefs as well

Quote from: Blackbird on March 29, 2010, 08:12:28 PM
Yeah, let's discuss!  ;D

As for the picture... you're right, it is really cool, but it doesn't even look like a Gundam. Looks more like a guy in armor than a giant military robot.

As for potential plot... here's my two cents. (Okay, more like ten...). What would you think of my character being the main "villain", and have created a paramilitary organization to take over the entire Earth Sphere by force? We could say that it was my men in the "evil" Gundams that have been wrecking havoc recently, while I keep my organization a secret. Then, when the "good guys" show up to stop the destruction, I frame the Gundam pilots and reveal my organization to the public, promising to "save them from this crisis". As I rise to power, the heroes become outlaws, and must fight to reveal the truth and stop me before my true plans are unleashed!

If you guys like this idea, I will post more details. Xiddeus, if you want to be on "da bad side", you can be my right hand if you want. Chreestafer, if you like it,  this idea will keep you from having to think too hard, as it will be me doing most of the political work. It will leave you more able to focus on your own character and piloting your Gundam, since it seams you want to be the leader of the heroes, yes?

as for myself i was actually hoping to be the second main character, Duo maxwell was always my favorite character, he wasnt the main guy but he was always (to me) the most bad ass of the group, yet even though he piloted the true machine of death he always had a happier side, thats why in my background i was going to have him as my mentor and all to kind of mold my character around his ordeals, i have a great idea for the character lol

as for you running the show.....GO RIGHT AHEAD! lol my reasoning behind the post was to get the rp going, so if you wanna take the reins go right ahead, it sounds like you have a pretty good plot idea, lets see what all you have to bring to the table speak your mind id like to hear what all you have in store for myself lol....as for a list whose so called "Good' and so called "bad"?

Good

• Chreestafer

Bad
Ons and Offs
F-List

Jarod1

I would like my character to be on the "good" side.  The more I think of it the more it makes sense to me.

Chreestafer

what kind of gundam you want?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Jarod1

What I'm thinking is a cross between Epyon and Tallgeese.  A suit designed primarily for dueling but unlike Epyon it does have a normal beam rifle giving it some range.

Blackbird

Quote from: Jarod1 on March 29, 2010, 11:26:34 PM
I would like my character to be on the "good" side.  The more I think of it the more it makes sense to me.

If Chreestafer wants to be second main character, that means it looks like you might be first, Jarod! You might be the next Heero Yuy!  ;D

Okay - plot details. Just to make things clear, Chreestafer, this will still technically be YOUR RP thread. I'm just... helping a bit. I'm not trying to step on any toes.

*Note: should you approve, feel free just to copy/paste the following to use as the opening for the IC thread*

--------------------------------------

Year: After Colony 232 (Thirty-six years after the events of Endless Waltz in AC 196)
The Earth Sphere Unified Nation has lived in peace for over three decades after the Mariemaia Incident. All weapons were destroyed on Earth and in space, and the self-defense arm of the UN, the Preventers, have kept aggressive conflicts at bay.

Until now.

Two years ago, in the autumn of AC 230, the city of Oceana in the L3 space colony was completely razed in a mysterious and devastating disaster. Although officially unconfirmed, the source of the tragedy was popularly believed to have been the work of Mobile Suits. Unofficially, the few surviving reports of the incident from Preventer defense forces claim to have been “wiped out by an invincible force of only one or two enemy units”.  No further incidents were reported since that time; the alleged perpetrators having vanished without a trace. Even so, a fearful UN allowed strictly regulated production of weapons once again, in anticipation of possible future strikes.

Time passed, with no signs of further catastrophe. This only served to unsettle the increasingly paranoid government, as it was clear the destruction of Oceana was a deliberate message.  Finally, without warning, another attack was launched against a fleet of supply ships from Earth six months ago.  Since then, there have been numerous small-scale hit-and-run attacks of terror against a wide range of innocent targets. All attacks were executed with extreme speed and precision, and characterized by mass destruction. The Earth Sphere Unified Nations were forced to retaliate, but with little success due to the lack of weapons. This prompted a top-secret project to reconstruct the legendary Gundams as a desperate means of defense.

It was vital to ensure the project’s secrecy, lest the Gundams be targeted by the unknown aggressors. So, a small splinter group of the Preventers, only consisting of a skeleton engineering crew led by the aged original Gundam pilots, initiated OPERATION: SAVIOR without the knowledge of any outside party. They split into hideouts across the Earth Sphere to begin working on the means to save the world once again.

---------------------------------------------

That's what I imagined to be the sort of "prolouge", the backdrop for the story. What do you think? I will get around to posting info on the attacking force (and thus my character) later.