Firefox PM popup issue should be fixed.

Started by Vekseid, March 27, 2009, 10:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Maeven

Caeli and I have performed thorough (well, mostly) testing and determined that it works!  ;D
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Jeramiahh

*wrinkles nose* Actually, it seems to have broken, for me. Used to be, I'd get a PM, my screen would go white, and I'd get a popup saying I had a new PM. Now, I'm only getting the popup half the time.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Vekseid

Quote from: Jeramiahh on March 27, 2009, 11:48:34 PM
*wrinkles nose* Actually, it seems to have broken, for me. Used to be, I'd get a PM, my screen would go white, and I'd get a popup saying I had a new PM. Now, I'm only getting the popup half the time.

That will happen for the same sorts of reasons the shoutbox going a blank white does. If that is the case (or you are quick with the stop button), there's not much I can do except hold out a tin can for designing my own CMS :-p

Jeramiahh

*chuckle* No worries; it's easier to see, now, anyway, with the number of new messages in red. Awesome change, there. =P
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Vekseid

Quote from: Jeramiahh on March 28, 2009, 12:33:00 AM
*chuckle* No worries; it's easier to see, now, anyway, with the number of new messages in red. Awesome change, there. =P

If you use Firefox, being anal with Requestpolicy helps, but also means you miss out on some threads.

MusicNeverDies

PM popup in firefox??

I've used firefox the entire time I've been on Elliquiy and not once has a popup appeared to tell me I have a PM... Is it a turn on/off-able option?

Trieste

Quote from: Vekseid on March 28, 2009, 12:28:45 AM
That will happen for the same sorts of reasons the shoutbox going a blank white does. If that is the case (or you are quick with the stop button), there's not much I can do except hold out a tin can for designing my own CMS :-p

*drops a tiny quarter in the can with a clink* You're totally on your way now!

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on March 28, 2009, 01:01:10 PM
PM popup in firefox??

I've used firefox the entire time I've been on Elliquiy and not once has a popup appeared to tell me I have a PM... Is it a turn on/off-able option?

'Tis.

Elven Sex Goddess

I also have used Firefox the entire time.  Never once in any of the incarnations of the board have I gotten a pop up saying I have a pm for any of the 2800+

Maeven

Go to Messages> Change Settings > check the box that says show a pop up. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Jeramiahh

Amazingly useful, I might add; I almost never miss a PM. =P

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17