Favorite animated movies/shows/anime?

Started by TheAnimeFanGirl, August 21, 2008, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnimeFanGirl

Let's talk about our favorites here. I have waaay too many, yet I'll list them all...

Kung Fu Panda, Metalocalypse, Hercules, Aladdin, Mulan, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Bleach, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, DearS, Girls Bravo, Alice in Wonderland, Invader Zim, Hellsing, Naruto, Meet the Robinsons, James and the Giant Peach, Final Fantasy Advent Children, Ed Edd n Eddy, Atomic Betty, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch the Series, Pokemon, Looney Tunes, Venture Brothers, Madagascar, Over the Hedge, Shark Tale, Shrek 2, Corpse Bride, Happy Feet, Barnyard, Sonic.

Currently, I've been into Lilo and Stitch. For some reason I don't own the first or second dvds, but I do own Stitch the Movie, and I also don't own Leroy and Stitch. I need to get those sometime. Anyways, I'd have to say my favorites are Reuben (625) and Jumba.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

Caity

I like a lot of animated movies/tv.

I love the Toy Story movies, and we watch a lot of King of the Hill, Family Guy, and Futurama. 

TheAnimeFanGirl

Family Guy and Futurama are funny shows too.

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

WyldRanger

Oh boy, where to start?  :)

Futurama, Family Guy, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke), InuYasha, Blood: The Last Vampire, Blood+, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain....and on and on :)

King_Furby

One Piece, Naruto, D.Gray Man, Daughter of twenty faces (can't remember its jap name), world destruction, mai otom.

Movies: The ah my goddess movie, howels moving castle, Kappa no Coo to Natsuyasumi

RubySlippers

Robotech (all), Bible Black (all) and Yugioh (original and GX).

TheAnimeFanGirl

Anyone got any favorite characters they wanna talk about?

Caeli

*grinning* That is a LOT of shows/anime/movies for a favorite. xDD I have a few of my own, certainly, but not that many!

Anime:
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Full Metal Panic!
Tsubasa Chronicle
xxxHOLiC & xxxHOLiC: Kei

Animated Movie:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Spirited Away
Mulan
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

TheAnimeFanGirl

Yeah, I tend to become attached to lots and lots of characters/series.

Le RandomBloke

I only watch Naruto. While I know there are probably far more animes out there with less filler that capture my interest, I just don't dare to watch them. I spent enough time on the Pee Cee as it is! It's not fun getting easily addicted to these kind of things!

But Naruto.. yum! <3

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Caia Tenn

I would probably have to say, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, (Or GitS:SAC to the fans, which let me tell you is very weird to actually use in a conversation. "So yesterday I was watching Gits sack" "...Say what now?" and now I've gone completely off topic...)

I also enjoyed watching Samurai Champaloo alot, though scince both of those are series, for my favourite animated movie I would probably say...

I'm not actually sure.

I suppose I enjoyed a lot of the Studio Ghibli films, like Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, Princess Mononoke etc, so probably one of those.
(Insert pertinent or humorous comment here.)

ShrowdedPoet

I like the anime movies that Hayao Miyazaki does.  They are awesome!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

TheAnimeFanGirl

The only anime movie I really like is Advent Children.
Reasons why:

1.) Interesting plot

2.) Great graphics

3.) Hot guys (with hot voices)

ShrowdedPoet

Miyazaki has wonderful story lines and I love the animation.  It's appropriate to watch with the whole family and is still interesting.  His movies are wonderful and sometimes heart wrenching.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

King_Furby

Quote from: TheAnimeFanGirl on August 21, 2008, 11:05:06 PM
Anyone got any favorite characters they wanna talk about?

I really like Luffy from One Piece. I love his reaction to things, like what he says and thinks is really fun to watch.

I like how loyal he is to his crew and how what he thinks of the badguys and goodguys. Fav line. "Awesome. He's a skeleton, has an afro, and goes yoohoohoo."

TheAnimeFanGirl

I have lots of favorite characters. I'll post the list. It's a loooong list.

(Kung Fu Panda) Master Shifu, Po, Tai Lung. (Metalocalypse) Nathan Explosion, Skwisgaar Skwigelf. (Hercules) Hades. (Aladdin) Jafar. (Mulan) Shan Yu. (The Incredibles) Syndrome. (Ratatouille) Skinner, Anton Ego, Emile. (Bleach) Uryuu Ishida, Kisuke Urahara, Byakuya Kuchiki. (Death Note) L Lawliet. (Samurai Champloo) Jin. (DearS) Khi, Xaki. (Girls Bravo) Yukinari, Kazuharu.(Alice in Wonderland) Cheshire Cat. (Invader Zim) Zim, Dib. (Hellsing) Alucard. (Naruto) Orochimaru, Gaara, Itachi, Shikamaru, Neji, Shino, Sasuke. (Meet the Robinsons) Lewis, Wilbur, Bowler Hat Guy. (Zelda) Link. (James and the Giant Peach) Mr. Centipede. (Final Fantasy Advent Children) Kadaj, Vincent, Sephiroth. (Ed, Edd n Eddy) Double D. (Atomic Betty) Supreme Overlord Maximus I.Q. (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) Eduardo. (Kim Possible) Dr. Drakken. (Lilo and Stitch) Experiment 625 aka: Reuben, Jumba Jookiba. (Pokemon) Team Rocket's Meowth. (Looney Tunes) Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester, Pepe Le Pew. (Venture Brothers) The Monarch. (Madagascar) Alex the Lion, King Julien the 13th. (Over the Hedge) RJ. (Shark Tale) Lenny. (Shrek 2) Puss in Boots. (Corpse Bride) Victor. (Happy Feet) Ramon. (Barnyard) Dag the Coyote, Eddy the Jersey Cow. (Sonic) Shadow the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna.

The Great Triangle

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei  (Goodbye Mr. Despair) Is my absolute favorite anime.

For one thing, it's absolutely freaking GORGEOUS and is a pretty damned good anime.  It's an incredibly dark slice of life high school anime about a suicidal schoolteacher and his class of mentally ill students who want to get into his pants.  It's just plain beautiful and has amazing opening and ending sequences.

Sure, nobody will ever make a dub of it, because it's incredibly Japanese and has contreversial subject matter, but it's still a damned good anime.

Also, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan!  (mondays on the sci fi channel.  It's another mecha anime by Gainax, but in the style of a saturday morning cartoon show.  Get a feel for it with Gurren Lagaan Paralell works Featuring the characters in crazy alternate styles but with the same feel.  (and they actually have video 5, gurren lagaan in the style of kancho, despite the copius shota penis and the nipple shot.  Wow.  Youtube is different now.)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

King_Furby

I prefur subs for anime except in a few cases. Subs are just fun to watch, i like reading while watching.

Only dubs i liked were Zoids New Century, Vandread, and Inuyassha. I wish they would make more Zoids animes.

TheAnimeFanGirl

I'll only watch subs if I have to. I prefer dubs so I don't have to read stuff that goes by really fast, and I can look at all the hot anime men. ^_^

Caeli

Quote from: TheAnimeFanGirl on August 23, 2008, 12:25:57 AM
I'll only watch subs if I have to. I prefer dubs so I don't have to read stuff that goes by really fast, and I can look at all the hot anime men. ^_^

Really? I'm exactly the opposite - I think most American voice actors are horrendous, and for the most part dubs just don't live up to the emotion and personality that Japanese voice actors put behind their characters.

It's not that difficult to read subs, in my opinion - I prefer them many times over dubs. I don't think reading subs takes anything away from the experience of watching an anime at all. :]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

TheAnimeFanGirl

I don't care if some characters sound stupid. As long as I can understand them without reading anything, then I'll watch it.

Paradox

Since this is about anime and whatnot, may I ask one thing?

What in the hell is that thing in your avatar?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

The Great Triangle

I'm with Caeli on preferring subs.  I just like being able to listen to the Japanese dialog, since I can pick up on subtle things that would have been ruined in translation.  (rhymes, certain types of assonance and alliteration, and the simple beauty of Japanese honorifics.)

Not being able to look away from the screen is a bit of a limitation, but I don't really multitask while watching anime anyway.

Also, subs are so pliable and stealthy!  I just love tormenting them.   :)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

TheAnimeFanGirl

Quote from: Paradox on August 23, 2008, 09:01:03 PM
Since this is about anime and whatnot, may I ask one thing?

What in the hell is that thing in your avatar?

Mine? It's Jumba Jookiba from the Lilo and Stitch series. ^_^

Cutter

I'm just getting into Anime, though I'm more of periphery kind of fan.

I dig Black Lagoon.

Ghost in the Shell films 1 and 2.

Blood: The last Vampire.

Perfect Blue.
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0