Black Sails, Dark Water (Freeform, Pirate/Supernatural) [Recruitment]

Started by Kakihara, January 26, 2024, 08:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timeless

Just want to note here that we're still accepting new players! There's an ongoing event which your character could easily join, but we do plan to have a GM-planned event soon too!

If you have any questions, you can ask either Kakihara or myself!

Sara Nilsson

And we don't bite*

*some restrictions apply, bites may happen but only if you are ok with biting, not applicable in all areas, call your doctor if bites last longer than 4 hours, bitee must pay their own bite taxes.

Black Howling

Very interested. 

I'm gonna read things over more thoroughly and pitch a concept soon. 

Timeless

Quote from: Black Howling on February 23, 2024, 11:30:08 PMVery interested.

I'm gonna read things over more thoroughly and pitch a concept soon.

Howling! <3 Good to see you here! If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!

Black Howling

Quote from: Timeless on February 23, 2024, 11:44:43 PMHowling! <3 Good to see you here! If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!
I had to squint at the forum for a while first,  you know me. >_>

Ahem,  that said, I'm having just a wee bit of difficulty assessing what ships and captains need more crew. Would prefer something of a quartermaster or boatswain role, so if anyone knows or needs one, help a wolf out?

Timeless

Quote from: Black Howling on February 24, 2024, 08:21:45 PMI had to squint at the forum for a while first,  you know me. >_>

Ahem,  that said, I'm having just a wee bit of difficulty assessing what ships and captains need more crew. Would prefer something of a quartermaster or boatswain role, so if anyone knows or needs one, help a wolf out?

You can check here, but it isn't fully updated yet. I do know that @Mediocre Author - Captain Prudence - doesn't have a quartermaster, and Mediocre is open to having that role filled in.

There are no boatswains, from what I recall.

Black Howling

Quote from: Timeless on February 24, 2024, 08:35:46 PMYou can check here, but it isn't fully updated yet. I do know that @Mediocre Author - Captain Prudence - doesn't have a quartermaster, and Mediocre is open to having that role filled in.

There are no boatswains, from what I recall.
Thank you,  will look it over. 

Mediocre Author

Quote from: Black Howling on February 24, 2024, 08:42:41 PMThank you,  will look it over.
I sent you a PM with all our crew currently. Hopefully you'd like to join :D

Black Howling

Quote from: Mediocre Author on February 24, 2024, 09:29:02 PMI sent you a PM with all our crew currently. Hopefully you'd like to join :D
Thank you!

I'll be sending you a reply on that PM shortly. 

Aiden

Hey guys, I am tentatively interested but wanted to see if there were any balance issues I may resolve with a potential character. (I.E to many pirate captains, to many crew, etc.) 

I have a few concepts I have played in past games so that it may line up differently from this game but I would edit/update it to fit. 

This one was based on a "Westworld" spinoff and a captain. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21157.msg15327190#msg15327190

This guy is a total bastard, my favorite types of characters to play. this was another pirate game from a long time ago (2015) 
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21157.msg11508562#msg11508562

These last two are from Game of Thrones games that have sailed into the sunset, but I can adapt into a merc or trader role. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21157.msg13501310#msg13501310

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21157.msg16330316#msg16330316

Timeless

@Aiden  - Firstly.. Aiden! <3!! Ahhh, so glad you're interested! Also happy to see you around.

When it comes to your character concepts, all of them look good to me, honestly. My recommendation is to make someone who would join a pirate crew, so that it would be easier for you to make character connections. I do have a mercenary guild leader, named Eadan, and you could place your merc character in her guild if you want.

There are also some roles needed to be filled. You can check here. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Aiden

@Timey 
Hey, it's been a minute, right? 

I think I will repurpose either Garen or Varok and make them a shipwright or similar role in the docks/shipyard who is open to joining a crew or supporting from the main land. 

Kakihara

Quote from: Aiden on March 05, 2024, 04:27:31 PM@Timey
Hey, it's been a minute, right?

I think I will repurpose either Garen or Varok and make them a shipwright or similar role in the docks/shipyard who is open to joining a crew or supporting from the main land.

Let me know if you have any questions or such, can pm me and Timeless who's co-gming.

Deamonbane

Hoist the color me intrigued....

Wait, that doesn't work.

Point is, feeling a bit of fae-blooded inspiration for Austin Butler.

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kakihara

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 14, 2024, 02:39:33 AMHoist the color me intrigued....

Wait, that doesn't work.

Point is, feeling a bit of fae-blooded inspiration for Austin Butler.

Nice.  Well if you have any questions feel free to PM me and Timeless with them.  Intrigued to see what you will come up with.

Kakihara

We have some GM inspired plot threads happening as well as some PC inspired plots happening in game.  In addition, we will be changing over to the second in game week here in April while wrapping up the prior week.  So great time to slip in as we have a lovely group of players currently and an interesting collection of player characters.