Final Fantasy VII: Midgar Chronicles

Started by Florence, October 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

Zaer's got the right idea, you'll notice that my tier 2 limit breaks both involve Rachael retaliating against something the enemy does, so perhaps your could be the same concept.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Inari

Mine are basically like casting doom. Only going boom.

Florence

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 28, 2012, 04:56:17 PM
You mean limit break which works like a trap? Well his concern was that limit breaks should be bursts of action or adreanline mostly. But our demolist expert has time ticking bombs....so not sure would needle trap be okay or not. Perhaps if you make it so that when you use limit break then enemy's next attack towards you triggers it (so it's hastily made trap).

Yeah, this mostly. I don't mind if its a counter, or relies on the enemy to do something, but sitting down and setting up a trap just seem a bit too... passive.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheHangedOne

Hey, if anybody's struggling for a limit break, I can help with creating 'em. Of course, you wouldn't need to use them as-is, just something to stimulate the creative juices.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

Winds are starting to get heavy here. From what I'm hearing things aren't gonna get seriously bad until tomorrow, but I can't be certain how long power will stay up, so if you've got questions, ask them now!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

SargentToughie

If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

AidenWhite

I've edited the Needle Trap! It is now Stealth Strike! Anymore changes?

Name: Joshua Beckett

Position: Melee

Weapon: Carries a longsword called "Bella." Also carries an array of poisoned senbon needles.
Bella
Materia:

Appearance
Backstory:
While Clive was learning about guns, Josh was taking various sword-fighting classes. Considered a prodigy at a very young age, he held his skills highly. Joshua never understood what the big deal was with guns. He always thought sword-fighting was better than fighting with guns because it was much more personal.

When Clive left for Shinra, it was around that time when Josh developed an interest in poisons and throwing needles, called senbon. He went to various experts, over a span of time, learning about different poisons and their uses. He taught himself how to throw the senbon and practiced with accuracy. He did this by hunting small, quick animals, like birds, rabbits and lizards. He then spread out the uses of the senbon by applying various poisons onto them, which enabled him to take down larger targets, like elk, deer and bears.

Out on a hunting trip, a bear ambushed him. Josh ran away from the bear. He suffered damages to his right eye, which had to be removed and replaced with a glass eye. Josh, however, covered this eye with an eye-patch, disliking how the glass eye looked like.

Josh eventually followed in his brother's footsteps, enlisting into Shinra. The Shinra command gladly took him and placed him in the field despite his injured eye, all thanks to his brother, Clive.

Joshua is intelligent, witty and funny in social environments and during combat situations, he is calm, decisive and strategic. Special expertise in guerilla warfare. 

Limit Breaks
1.1: Slash Bella comes down onto an opponent, slashing the torso
1.2: Needle Shower An array of needles gets thrown from higher ground to lower ground. The needles are tipped with poison.

2.1: Impale Bella impales an opponent, causing the target to bleed profusely.
2.2: Stealth Strike! Josh camouflages into his environment, moves around the target and strikes from behind, using either Bella or a poisoned barrage of senbon. 

3.1: Counterstrike! Attacks by swinging Bella at a targets critical locations: head, torso, legs.
3.2: Paralyzing Needle Josh throws a needle tipped with poison that does little damage, but inflicts Slow, Poison, Imperil, Pain, Daze, Deprotect, Deshell, and Defaith

4.1: Final Chance to Win! Buffs self with Bravera, Protectra, Shellra, Vigilance, and Haste. Targets up to two opponents and they both suffer a flurry of poisoned needles inflicting Poison, Slow, Pain and Deprotect. Targets one of the two, Slashes and Impales target.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

TheRedFear

Room for a second Melee guy focusing on Tifa/Zell-style unarmed shenanigans?

Florence

Quote from: TheRedFear on October 28, 2012, 11:00:01 PM
Room for a second Melee guy focusing on Tifa/Zell-style unarmed shenanigans?

Unfortunately not, as much as I like the idea, we're all full up right now. Thank you for your interest, though.

Edit: also, the limit breaks look fine now :o

TheHangedOne

I don't think so. Large games tend to stagnate and die easily.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Latooni Subota

Hmm, what would be a workable rank for a young Mighty Grunt? Is there a minimum rank necessary to pilot the suits?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Revenent

I'd imagine they just train them to do that instead of/in addition to regular combat training, so it's probably just the same.

Florence

The worst of the storm's passed, but I might lose power again. Lots of people lost power around here, so they're still repairing, and there's still scattered storms and heavy winds.

But, while I do still have power... -reads posts-

Florence

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 29, 2012, 01:46:16 PM
Hmm, what would be a workable rank for a young Mighty Grunt? Is there a minimum rank necessary to pilot the suits?

I'm gonna say Sergeant would be good for her to be a new pilot. They're heavy and expensive, so I think they'd want potential pilots to prove their dedication and loyalty before giving them one. I don't think there's a set rank minimum, but Sergeant seems like a good spot.

Armand

Wish I could've been a part of this one or a ballamb garden one!

Florence

Quote from: Armand on October 30, 2012, 10:10:45 AM
Wish I could've been a part of this one or a ballamb garden one!

:<

Yeah, that was my last one.

I'd love to accept more people, but I'm really trying to keep this one smaller.

SargentToughie

I don't think there's a need for that, we just can't take any more in, right?

By the way, when is this thing going to get rolling?
Ons and offs

Revenent

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM
Also, I apologize in advance, but there might be a delay before I can actually start this rp, as there's a hurricane hitting my area (Long Island, New York) in the next few days that will most likely knock out my power for at least a few days. I've managed to luck out with the power situation before, but I'm not really counting on that happening this time. I will try to get this up and running ASAP once the storm's clear, but just be warned that you might need a little patience before we get this one running.

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

Florence

Quote from: Starcry on October 30, 2012, 10:55:09 AM
If you like I could drop?

There's no need for that.

If you want to drop out, I'd appreciate if you did so now. But if you want to keep playing, I'm more than happy to have you.

And yeah, I'll try to get it up soon, just let me recover from this hurricane first xD

Latooni Subota

Just another quick question: Should my official position be called Pilot? Since yeah, she pilots a Mighty Grunt suit, but I figure she'd also be checked out on piloting those little personnel carrier trucks and stuff as well?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Florence

Hmmm... not sure. I mean, mecha armor is fairly different than a truck or a helicopter or something. Though she could definitely drive a car or truck or stuff, but just because she has the ability to pilot a Mighty Grunt doesn't necessarily qualify her to pilot anything.

Latooni Subota

I figured it would give her a more concrete 'role' in the unit other than just piloting a grunt suit. You know, like there's a Demolitions man, and a Medic. Wouldn't Pilot be an acceptable role for her?

Edit: All that's left is deciding on any cosmetic tweaks to her Mighty Grunt suit (That she can get away with), copy-pasting my background, and deciding on her limit breaks! So I'm gonna grab some breakfast! lol