Kill Them All ( A vigilante type game): Interest Thread.

Started by Darkcide, February 17, 2012, 11:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkcide

This game would be a smaller one, somewhere around 5-7 people. The plot concerns a former black ops type who eventually went rogue and now attempts to try to make the world sane as a vigilante who targets murderers and rapists around the world. Now he intends to make his operation a larger one, and to start recruiting and training some outside help. The people he intends to recruit to the cause have all had something horrific happen to them, some tragedy to the point where the system? It just doesn't work, and his way? It makes sense in a crazy way. However these people would need to be trained to his level of approval, and they'd have to be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. He gives no quarter, and treats this war on crime like what war is essentially. The complete and utter destruction of the enemy. If that means he has to put the people he's training through hell to achieve this goal and break them and remake them? That is acceptable.

What I'm looking for: People with an interest in crime fiction that is based off the real world. Since the antagonists? Are going to be based off of real life gangs, organizations and the like. This is going to be a fairly realistic game, granted with the protagonists being able to do some pretty nifty things but still.

The Characters: Diverse backgrounds and the like would be appreciated. Everyone involved is going to be recruited for a reason, something has to have either happened to them or their loved ones to put them in the guy's radar and on the course of vengeance. The more diverse the circumstances the better as far as what happened to people. Was your character forced into prostitution by slavers? Did you lose your family to the mob? Was your village attacked by a death squad? There are endless possibilities here.

Also keep different talents and the like in mind since all the characters would essentially have different things that they do in regards to the mission even if they have no previous experience before their forced education.  Are you an artillery expert? A sniper? Recon? Demolitions expert? Intel? Technician or what?

Anywhoo this is just me gauging interest. As far as how this plot would begin? Bags over peoples's heads with them waking up in the back of a cargo truck.

Historicity

Also? I can kill you with my brain.

Check out my On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132510.0

Also, my 1x1 roleplay requests: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130337.0

Historicity

Modern setting I'm guessing. Area? Specific to one city/nation/continent? Global? Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, West and Central Africa are all trouble spots. Or are we going to be focusing more on one urban area, gangs and such? I'm fine either way, it just determines what sort of character I make.

Is this going to be a paramilitary type organization where everyone has fairly standardized gear, weapons, training, maybe an informal uniform, or are each of the individual vigilantes likely to develop a specific style where it comes to looks, tactics and gear, like superheros without the superness?
Also? I can kill you with my brain.

Check out my On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132510.0

Also, my 1x1 roleplay requests: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130337.0

sleepingferret

Interested.  I'll start considering a couple character options.

Only question I have for now, if we're doing a modern setting; what are the limitations of "gadgetry"?  We talking simple holster up the sleeve tricks or up to full out, Batman type arsenals?  Now granted Bruce Wayne is a billionaire and our character(s) may not be, but you get the idea (being able to develop or having a "fancy" trick for just about anything or almost).

Vostroya

Count me interested. Im thinking i'll be a sniper for the team.

Bloody Rose

Count me in, if you need a tech expert and a person that makes nice gadget for you all to use? or perhaps a close combat expert (knives and his body) like the hitter from Leverage but of course stronger.

shii

Kakashiee

sleepingferret

Name: Staff Sergeant Matthew Samuel King ("Sam")
Primary Expertise: Demolitions, Field Recon
Other: Special Forces (Army) background; excellent marksmanship, basic close quarters combat training (no fancy Jackie Chan or Jet Li stuff), survival training

Sam had signed up with the Army upon graduating high school.  That was now seventeen years, several tours of duties, including having joined up with the Rangers eight years ago, and of course meeting the love of his life Alicia.  They had met by chance for the first time in a college admissions office, when he was on leave signing up for a class; as over the years he had been trying to earn a degree between deployments.

She had stayed with him, through all the deployments and the not knowing.  She had smiled when he came home the week before, he had left for Georgia to begin Ranger school and told him she would still be there when he got back.  And she was, and even then after he was assigned to be part of the military's special forces units, she was always there when he came home.

But now, as he sits in his chair a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels sitting on his desk, next to a picture of them and their wedding rings lying on top of the picture.  And why?  Because he hadn't been home, to protect her.  The police had said an escaped convict, broke into the house at night.  His beloved Alicia had been raped and killed.  And for what?  Money?  A car to escape the police?  Alicia would've just handed over her keys or her wallet.  She didn't like criminals anymore than Sam did, but she wouldn't risk her life over a car or money.  So none of it made sense to him.  And still to this day, the police hadn't found the suspect.

Sam has turned in his papers to leave the Army, but still night after night it is the same thing.  He sits here in his chair, the only thing keeping him from actually placing his Colt 1911 under his chin and squeezing the trigger, is the mere thought of what Alicia would say about it.  Yet here he has been for the past week, ignoring phone calls, and all but ignoring the need for food or water.

Darkcide

Quote from: Historicity on February 19, 2012, 04:24:14 PM
Modern setting I'm guessing. Area? Specific to one city/nation/continent? Global? Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, West and Central Africa are all trouble spots. Or are we going to be focusing more on one urban area, gangs and such? I'm fine either way, it just determines what sort of character I make.

Is this going to be a paramilitary type organization where everyone has fairly standardized gear, weapons, training, maybe an informal uniform, or are each of the individual vigilantes likely to develop a specific style where it comes to looks, tactics and gear, like superheros without the superness?

Modern, yep. There won't be a static location. It'll be global. Create whatever character you'd like as far as where they're from, they would only need to at the time they're taken? Be in America for whatever reason, whether it is as a legal citizen or not is up to you. Not really an organization, but definitely paramilitary. The guy who is recruiting them? Is pretty much going to get them to conform to his image. So there'd be something that can loosely be described as a uniform. They're going to have very similar training, and that will be something they do together. As far as ordnance? That'd differ by person, as would tactics to a degree only because everyone will be doing something different.

Quote from: sleepingferret on February 19, 2012, 08:09:09 PM
Interested.  I'll start considering a couple character options.

Only question I have for now, if we're doing a modern setting; what are the limitations of "gadgetry"?  We talking simple holster up the sleeve tricks or up to full out, Batman type arsenals?  Now granted Bruce Wayne is a billionaire and our character(s) may not be, but you get the idea (being able to develop or having a "fancy" trick for just about anything or almost).

No batman type arsenals, this is definitely in the realm of reality. The limitations on equipment is what is available to different armed forces the world over without having the funding for the really tech heavy stuff. So very low tech for the most part.

Quote from: Vostroya on February 19, 2012, 08:20:49 PM
Count me interested. Im thinking i'll be a sniper for the team.

Sniper works.

Quote from: Zarazel on February 19, 2012, 08:29:34 PM
Count me in, if you need a tech expert and a person that makes nice gadget for you all to use? or perhaps a close combat expert (knives and his body) like the hitter from Leverage but of course stronger.

Not really any gadgets popping up in the game, tech definitely works though. I don't really see there being a single cqc expert because everyone would need to know how to defend themselves up close if it came down to it and that is as a last resort sort of thing or if you are being quiet while getting the jump on someone. In most actual combat situations though? Running around with knives, especially against superior numbers where pretty much everyone has firearms is kind of impractical. If you were wanting to fight up close? A shotgun or smg would be a lot more useful.

Quote from: shii on February 19, 2012, 08:40:15 PM
Me too I'll be intel.

Ookie dokie.

Quote from: Kakashiee on February 19, 2012, 08:53:11 PM
Interested as weapons expert and tactician. :3

What kind of weapons expert? Artillery? Explosives? Handguns? As for a tactician? There isn't going to be a set tactician, because depending on what the target is? Certain characters will just have more knowledge than others in that area. If someone has a past with the Costa Nostra? They'll just be able to better figure out what to do in that situation.

Sleepingferret not bad, you want your character to be a former ranger? That's doable.

Everyone doesn't need to be ex-military by the way, and if there are any ladies who might be interested? Feel free to say so. Otherwise as far as what we're looking at regarding villains to help with people's creative processes? The groups are inspired by Costa Nostra, Slavers from the Balkan peninsula and Albania, Domestic Terrorists, The Russian Mafia, Yakuza, The BMF, different radical groups the world over and drug cartels along with some other surprises. I'm going to avoid utilizing the middle east because conflict and that region has been overutilized and I don't want to touch on it.

sleepingferret

Broke my own picture links.  :o

Was password protecting directories on my web space and accidentally password protected the directory I upload all my pics to.  I suppose that's what I get for doing writing, while working on computers at odd hours.  I love when friends give me their computers with viruses and what not on them.

Darkcide

Yeah, that crap was weird. I was wondering why it kept asking for passwords when I tried to get in the thread last night.

Vostroya

Name:
Kaziv Onov "Kaz"

Primary Expertise:
Sniper, Strategist

Other:
SWAT, Secret Service Counter Sniper, Expert Medium to Long Range Marksman, Specialized Weapons, Urban Warfare

Kaziv was born in the United States under his Immigrated parents who were from Russia, his mother an avid swimmer and his father a sniper for the Russian military and Olympic shooting team. Immigrating from Russia was not an easy task, the strict policies of Communism made legal immigration a long and tedious process, so his parents ventured into the world of the underground to obtain papers quickly and went to the United States, a choice that would have long lasting effects on the family. Kaziv was raised both in New York City during his youngest years, learning the ways of the Urban city, and in the Ural Mountains and Abandoned Villages of Russia with his grandparents, learning hunting and silent movement from his grandfather who was a sniper in Stalingrad during World War II.

Once Kaziv was a young adult he became interested in Law Enforcement and quickly joined the ranks of the NYPD succeeding well after a few years on the job he was trained in the famous ESU unit and became one of their sharpshooters due to his extreme prowess with a rifle, making perfect scores during all his training and evaluations during his time in ESU. This caught the eye of the Elite Counter Sniper teams of the US Secret Service, who asked him that he consider joining the Uniformed division so his skills could be put to better use. Kaziv accepted and once inside the service rose quickly to the Sniper team, becoming their best sniper, he was awarded several commendations for his efforts in diffusing several attempted assassinations on the president. All thanks to his keen eye's on the watch. He quickly gained the nickname "The Hawk" for his eye sight and ability to quickly analyze a situation and area to find a threat or target and engage it. He became the first known Secret Service sniper to ever have to fire his weapon in the line of duty to save the president. It was during the inaugural speech of the new president when Kaziv was on duty, on top of the Treasury building over looking the area's crowds. He saw a suspicious person walking towards the barriers guarding the street as the president walked by. He called out the possible threat in the crowd but no agents were close enough. Kaziv readied his rifle and waited for his shot. As the president approached the suspect, through his scope Kaziv saw him slowly start to take out a pistol. There wasn't enough time to wait for agents to stop the president and sniper took his shot. The sound echoed through the air of the crowded open mall. Time seemed to slow as through his scope he saw the blood splatter across the road a mile away from his position, the assassin stopped dead in his tracts. No one else injured. The president safe. Textbook...

Life was going good for Kaziv until the Russian Mob decided that pressuring the family of a secret service agent could lead to several benefits, but when the family refused to "pay back" the mob for helping them so many years ago to come to the United States, the Mob soon killed all of Kaziv's family one by one until he had nothing left. The police were always on the mobs heels but could never quite get enough evidence to convict those responsible for his families brutal murder. Soon after the terrible incident Kaziv was released from duty in the secret service due to his declining "Mental Fortitude" as the service called it in his discharge papers. Kaziv disappeared from the grid soon after. The world soon forgot about the hero sniper's deeds. It was until several suspected Russian hit men and gangsters were found dead in the streets of their respective cities, shot in the head from an apparent sniper round. No one ever reported such shots being fired or of any suspects in the deaths. Some within Law Enforcement circles accused Kaziv of these murders, but with no evidence and no Kaziv to be found, nothing ever came of the matter. Some said if it was him,

"The Hawk was taking revenge for the death of his eggs, and his eyes were always watching....waiting for just the right moment"

Vostroya

Chaeronea

Just got approved so I can now post. I'm interested but I have a few questions.

First, how 'realistic' will the action be? Is it going to be hard realism where one foot wrong gets your head blown off? Or a more loose-bound action like some of the grittier Hollywood action flicks like the Bourne trilogy and espionage/action novels such as the Frederick Forsyth/Tom Clancy novels? Or can we get away with completely over-the-top stunts like most Hollywood action flicks and the Mack Bolan/Able Team/Phoenix Force novels?

Second, how often will we be expected to post - weekly, twice a week, daily, twice a day?

I have a general idea for a character for this game - a pilot for a small charter company run by his father, who gets killed after refusing to run drugs for an organised crime syndicate (could be the Mexican or Colombian cartels, could be Mafiya, cuold be anyone). The character would be the team's pilot (obviously), able to fly aeroplanes and helicopters but not familiar with military craft.