News:

Main Menu

New Firefox update...

Started by Captain Maltese, November 17, 2017, 06:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightblack

Quote from: AmberStarfire on November 24, 2017, 09:13:03 AM
The main problems with it for me is that the refresh button has disappeared, so now I have to click on the url bar and hit enter. I do this a lot. That or try and find the f5 button, to press alt-f5.

For me it didn't disappear. It was just moved to the left, next to the button showing the cozy house.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: AmberStarfire on November 24, 2017, 09:13:03 AM
I noticed when this one installed that they called it faster than the prior version. So far I'm not seeing much difference, except when pages have trouble loading. That bouncing dot gets irritating fast.

The main problems with it for me is that the refresh button has disappeared, so now I have to click on the url bar and hit enter. I do this a lot. That or try and find the f5 button, to press alt-f5.

Refresh button is now to the left by the forward and backwards button.

Captain Maltese

There was no sign of DownThemAll, my gallery image downloader app, becoming compatible with this new version. I guess any Firefox app will require substantial rework if not complete redesign to remain useable with this Quantum thing. So I ended up rolling back to the previous Firefox version (ver 56.02) and now everything works fine again. I intend to stick with it for as long as this laptop lives. Kinda funny though. Normally, when something is called a quantum leap is it normally assumed to be forward...

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 24, 2017, 10:39:45 AM
Refresh button is now to the left by the forward and backwards button.

Quote from: midnightblack on November 24, 2017, 10:36:22 AM
For me it didn't disappear. It was just moved to the left, next to the button showing the cozy house.

Thanks. I somehow totally missed that it was there.  ::)

Btw, thanks Sara for the information on how to change the tab colours. I did that and have the pastel stripey ones now.

Sara Nilsson

I missed it too. And it really annoyed me for a while. It is so handy for E. ^^ But then i saw it and was.. yay

AmberStarfire

Thanks. :) I'm very happy to have it back too.