News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

* Oniya still has a backlog of PS2 games and will be quite happy as long as her PS2 continues to work.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

I'm playing Minecraft.

My problem with Minecraft is that unless it's an emergency I tend to play it too realistically.

When I build a tower I often run scaffolding up it, I put wooden beams in my mines. I build a dock I have to dam off the work area, sink pylons into the sand and then build the deck. My end all be all design is to try and replicate a model of Rapture, under the water, but I'm not up to that at all. :P

Though I do have an idea or a series of aqueducts that are used or boat transport around the land. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Nothing wrong with making things look realistic.  There's a modpack for the PC version that requires that sort of thing. 
(For your entertainment:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCu0VGexDw)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on January 20, 2015, 12:12:45 PM
Nothing wrong with making things look realistic.  There's a modpack for the PC version that requires that sort of thing. 
(For your entertainment:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCu0VGexDw)
Of course those scaffolds come in handy when working on towers and walls. Also, I actually use building practices. All that gravel I can never find a use for goes into wall filler (which is great when creepers do manage to blow it up because all the gravel falls to the bottom and you just fill it in from the top) and roadbeds.

(Also means I don't have to makes so many stone bricks. :P)

Also have an idea for glass-tubing some lava so I can light up my mine with minimal resources (torches get boring).
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on January 20, 2015, 12:03:03 PM
When I build a tower I often run scaffolding up it, I put wooden beams in my mines. I build a dock I have to dam off the work area, sink pylons into the sand and then build the deck. My end all be all design is to try and replicate a model of Rapture, under the water, but I'm not up to that at all. :P

I built an underwater house once. It was ... hard.

Zekromnomnom

I've still never played Minecraft.

I need to sit down and finish one of my games. I dunno what, though. Maybe Radiant Historia.

HairyHeretic

Seems Elder Scrolls Online is dropping the subscription requirements in March. Buy to play, subscribers get extra. Fairly standard fremium hybrid by the sounds of it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 21, 2015, 10:53:57 AM
Seems Elder Scrolls Online is dropping the subscription requirements in March. Buy to play, subscribers get extra. Fairly standard fremium hybrid by the sounds of it.

Standard freemium models are utter shit.  Most of the time you get restrictions on gear, exp gain, money cap and so on.  Why say your game is free to play if you restrict what players can have and do.  I also think the sixty dollar price tag on this game needs to drastically drop, it obviously isn't worth that much.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Eranil Morathim

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor for PS3. I've also played the PS4 release. obviously some differences in graphics and the PS4 version does run a bit better but Istill enjoy the PS3 version. Almost feel like Ihave to be more strategic.

as a side note most of my other games have already been mentioned.

Zekromnomnom

Started playing through Final Fantasy on a GBA emulator on my cell phone.

Zeth

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 23, 2015, 08:59:20 AM
Started playing through Final Fantasy on a GBA emulator on my cell phone.

Which one?

Zekromnomnom

The first one. The Dawn of Souls GBA version.

Eranil Morathim

So I just picked up Rage for 8 bucks anyone have any thoughts about it?

Also does anyone know how often gearbox releases shift codes? The other half and I just found out thats how to get more golden keys for Borderlands 2 and I am sorely tempted to burn more keys opening the chest but want to get an idea of how much restraint I should be using.

Zeth

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on January 27, 2015, 03:08:26 PM

Also does anyone know how often gearbox releases shift codes? The other half and I just found out thats how to get more golden keys for Borderlands 2 and I am sorely tempted to burn more keys opening the chest but want to get an idea of how much restraint I should be using.

My dad thinks Rage is the best game ever and played through it 3 times already. I don't have a 360 so I can't play. I did some of the race challenges for him, and from what else I have seen it looks good. Definitely worth the $8 bucks.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on January 27, 2015, 03:08:26 PM

Expect the game to end when you'd expect most games to hit the major turning point or climax. Otherwise, it's a fun little murderfest, and the mutant areas are the most-fun I've had in, well, ever. (Hint: Shotgun is your Friend)

Inkidu

Assassin's Creed: Rogue is fun. It's pretty much a refined Black Flag but that's not a bad thing. The sailing has gotten a few tweaks. Since you don't have to worry about the abysmal Kenway's Fleet thing you can salvage any captured ships for money, I took down a very injured Man O' War and salvaged it for like fifteen hundred pounds. They also shifted some of the weapons. You have explosive shot in your chasers, fire oil for your fight which instead of laying mines lays a lit oil slick of pain. You can also shoot icebergs to create swells that will take down gunboats and schooners outright. Little thing for me, but the Morrigan is in generally better repair than the Jackdaw. I was getting tired of the starboard plank that never gets fixed. :P

On the land Cormack tends to move a little surer than any previous Assassin except maybe Connor. I think they shored up some of the vertical climbing. They also don't hold back the various darts for long.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Played all the Shantae games recently.
Figured I should since I dropped quite a bit of money into the kickstarter for the new one considering I hadn't even heard of the franchise before that... I was not disappointed.

Nachtmahr

So I've started playing State of Decay (4 hours in) on the PC and.. Oh dear.

I sort of like it, even though I shouldn't - It's got just about everything I don't like mixed together, and yet it's kind of working. However, the game is quite repetitive and my initial enthusiasm is starting to die down a bit..

Just.. Zombies? Uuugh..

Ironically, I'm waiting excitedly for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy.

Edit: My favorite character just got torn in two because of a bug, and there's apparently no way to reload or do anything - She's just gone now. That's pretty much bummed me out of the whole thing. :/
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Shjade

Yeah, for all the interesting things State of Decay does, its autosaving combined with game-ending bugs can pretty much kill anyone's enthusiasm for it when bad luck strikes.

I was trying to report a bug on one issue when ANOTHER bug came up that completely erased my main save game file. That was pretty much the end of my interest in SoD after ~50 hours of play. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

consortium11

Been going through Freelancer again.

It's definitely on the arcade side of space trading games and doesn't have the depth of the best X games... but neither does it have the horrendous learning curve. Throw in some good mods and it's been a pretty good experience; the graphics are obviously outdated but the basic gameplay holds up well.

Zeth

Quote from: Shjade on February 02, 2015, 06:16:23 AM
Yeah, for all the interesting things State of Decay does, its autosaving combined with game-ending bugs can pretty much kill anyone's enthusiasm for it when bad luck strikes.

I was trying to report a bug on one issue when ANOTHER bug came up that completely erased my main save game file. That was pretty much the end of my interest in SoD after ~50 hours of play. ;p

SoD is not on the XBOX ONE so when I switched over I had to stop playing it. Oddly, they do have Costume Quest 2 on the XBOX ONE and a few other 360 Arcade games.

Nachtmahr

Seems I have great luck in picking games. Went back to Mass Effect 1 after dropping State of Decay because of how tedious and.. 'Meh' I ended up finding it, and apparently the auto-save system on PC is borked.. I just randomly died and now I lost about an hour and a half of tedious progress..

Stuff like that makes me question why I even picked up this hobby to begin with.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Sindara

Dragon Age: Inquisition. It will eat your soul for about 100 hours if you do it right. Bioware's romace options will kill me, I swear.
Also, whoever mentioned Rage? I loved it, but i thought it was too short.
Ons and Offs.......

Uebelator

I just played through the first episode of "Life is Strange" on the PS4.
It more or less follows the Telltale-formula of telling an interactive story instead of being a real game, but it does it quite well. The whole thing has some kind of Indie-vibe to it, that somehow reminded me of the movie "Juno".

I really liked the first episode (wich is about 2-3 hours long) and Im looking forward to the next.

Zeth

I started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. It has made me fall in lone with the DA series all over again.