Elliquiy on a BlackBerry

Started by Ebb, January 07, 2010, 10:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebb

I've just started using a new BlackBerry to surf the web and check email. Does anyone out there use a BlackBerry (or other mobile device) with Elliquiy, and do you have any tips? The website is fairly hard to navigate on the tiny screen.

Also, any recommendations for other BlackBerry apps that are must-haves?

Ebb

Jag

I know I tried to browse he on my HTC Tilt and it was actually fairly easy to navigate. When I came to the site the phone offered me a mobile version...but on my husbands new HTC Ozone and my Samsung Alias II it tries to load up as it does on the PC/Laptop and it's very difficult to navigate.

So unfortunately I don't know what was so different from the Tilt to any other phone that gave me a mobile option. Maybe try mm.elliquiy.com ? I know when I worked with the blackberries on T-Mobile we had to try mm.youtube.com or mm.myspace.com or mm.facebook.com to access the sites in a mobile version. You could try that.

As for must haves...I don't know...if it's a pearl or has an kind of track ball...DO NOT GET THE APP THAT LETS YOU HAVE THE TRACK BALL CHANGE COLORS...for the love of god, don't do it. I don't know how many times I had to master reset a blackberry because of that App. There is a glitch in it. I do know that www.crackberry.com has a lot of neato stuff for the blackberry though.

Sorry if this is of no help. V_V I tried.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ebb

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. Particularly about apps to steer clear of. I can't afford the time to rebuild this thing over and over -- it needs to just work.

ShrowdedPoet

I navigate E on my blackberry curve (older version) all the time.  E is fairly difficult to navigate on a regular basis so it will of course be difficult but not too terribly bad.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Trieste

You're using the wap2, yes? It makes things easier.

Ebb

Quote from: Trieste on January 07, 2010, 01:10:33 PM
You're using the wap2, yes? It makes things easier.

That's very useful, thanks. No, I wasn't using that before.

It's a shame that that version doesn't have a link to 'My Bookmarks', though, unless I'm missing it. 98% of the time I come here, I'm going there first.

Trieste

Maeven

Or you know, you could just get an iPhone. 

>.>
<.<

*flees*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Scott

Maybe download another browser like Opera mini, or Skyfire. Elliquiy looks like Elliquiy does on a PC. The SB doesn't scroll, but you can reply to posts and stuff. 

Trieste

God.

The moment I do get a smartphone, I'm going to need so much handholding.

*will hit on look Scott up*

Jag

My husband had to load mine up and play with it and such to get it working for me when I had the Tilt. I really liked that phone, even though it did SO much more than I needed.

I only know what I needed to know to fix a blackberry at T-Mobile. Anything beyond that is over my head. So I'm right there with you Trieste.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

HockeyGod

I use a Palm Pre and it has always worked for me.

Tip
I find it helpful to have the notifications in my email of PMs and such so I can easily click on the link that directly goes to the thread rather than scrolling through a web browser.

Mr Self Destruct

I've been able to access the wap2 on my Blackberry Curve since I've upgraded to it, but when I go to reply to a message, nothing happens when I click on the Submit button.  Any ideas?