Online buddies?

Started by Odin, January 07, 2011, 07:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odin

I'm sure this has been suggested a few times... But anyway.

I Quite frequently look at Who's online. I Filter to members, and look at my buddies... Some times I don't see them, and go offline, only to come back later and see they posted five seconds after I've gone offline.

Is there any way you could invent a filter for people online to be only your buddies? Or is there already a feature like it?

Blitzy

They may just be invisible and that's why you don't see them when they're online in the Who's Online list.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Caeli

If your buddy has chosen to hidden their online status, you won't be able to see that they're online regardless of their actual status.

If you go to your buddy list (under Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies / Ignore List), you can see at a glance who is and isn't online. Again, though, if they've hidden their online status, you wouldn't be able to see that they're online, so it's not much more helpful than the current "Who's Online" list, especially at a glance.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Odin

No, even the visible ones. I Can see that they are online, but looking through the lists can be pretty annoying, considering my Search function on my browser makes it crash.

Edit:

Ah, no, that is perfect. Thank you Caeli.