News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat (Interest Check)

Started by Florence, July 12, 2011, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

That doesn't mean you still can't use your guy of course my friend.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

thebobmaster

Wow, interest in this RP has really snowballed in the last couple of days, hasn't it?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Alliance

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 19, 2011, 03:35:13 PM

Are you talking to me?

dwellinthedark

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 19, 2011, 03:35:13 PM

Yeah, if that turns out to be the consensus I can just re-write it so that Raiden won the fight and killed him and when he realized he was a God he still wanted to go fight anyway.  I'll leave it up to Finn's call, though. 
Chastity:  The most unnatural of the sexual perversions.  ~Aldous Huxley
Ons and Offs     Dreams and Desires

Alliance

So yeah...Plant Demon...anything.

No one going to make a comment at all.

dwellinthedark

From what I remember(and what I read) about demons in MK, they can vary a lot.  Plant demon seems entirely possible, I don't know for sure about a whole race/world of them.  I'm not as much of a scholar as some, did you read the whole wiki article on demons? 

thebobmaster

I agree with dark. I am a bit of a Mortal Kombat fan (understatement), and the games have varied types of demon, from completely human in appearance like Sareena and Ashrah to humanoid, but not quite human like the demon grunts in the Netherrealm during Konquest mode in Deception. It is possible that there are plant demons that just aren't shown in the game, considering that, but the final call is up to the GM.

Alliance

Quote from: dwellinthedark on July 19, 2011, 03:58:14 PM
From what I remember(and what I read) about demons in MK, they can vary a lot.  Plant demon seems entirely possible, I don't know for sure about a whole race/world of them.  I'm not as much of a scholar as some, did you read the whole wiki article on demons?

I live breath MK.

Played them since the very first one came out. And have read on it.

I was more commenting on the Shang Tsung bit. I thought the original characters needed more love.

dwellinthedark

Oh, that totally makes sense imo.  We've all been using Shang Tsung, Shao Khan, and Raiden in our backstories so far.  As long as you're keeping him in character(and that sounds VERY in character for him) I don't think it'll be a problem.

thebobmaster

For the Shang Tsung part, seems perfectly in character for him to do something like that. After all, he did kill Liu Kang in Deadly Alliance by morphing into Kung Lao and getting close to him as he meditated, so him using his morphing powers to trick others is not without precedent.

Alliance

Quote from: dwellinthedark on July 19, 2011, 04:07:40 PM
Oh, that totally makes sense imo.  We've all been using Shang Tsung, Shao Khan, and Raiden in our backstories so far.  As long as you're keeping him in character(and that sounds VERY in character for him) I don't think it'll be a problem.

Which character should I pinpoint it on in this RP? [only if someone wants to...i'm not even sure that will be placed in my story]

Since he shifts shapes. A more in character thing is to set up one person. For no other reason than I think Shang Tsung likes the lolz. [i'm kidding]

But Shang Tsung to me never actually seemed very allied with Shao Kahn. Only as if he were waiting for his own master plan to come in play.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Alliance on July 19, 2011, 04:11:17 PM

Since he shifts shapes. A more in character thing is to set up one person. For no other reason than I think Shang Tsung likes the lolz. [i'm kidding]

He's in it for the evuls.

As for which character, he'd probably set up one of the top Earthrealm warriors to discredit them. Not necessarily Liu Kang, but someone near the top of recognizable guys, like Johnny Cage or Kung Lao.

Alliance

Quote from: thebobmaster on July 19, 2011, 04:13:43 PM
He's in it for the evuls.

As for which character, he'd probably set up one of the top Earthrealm warriors to discredit them. Not necessarily Liu Kang, but someone near the top of recognizable guys, like Johnny Cage or Kung Lao.

I'll pin point it on Johnny Cage, rofl. Cause he's such tool. And an arrogant jerk.

dwellinthedark

Uh, you guys might want to keep in mind that the original idea of this was to do a retelling with different characters and all.  Shang Tsung and Raiden and such are one thing since they're immortal and driving forces and all(I still want to be Guardian. :|) but I don't think it's safe to assume that every single character from the entire saga is going to be in this.  And even if those characters are around, we're at the start of the saga.  Liu Kang's just a monk.  Johnny Cage is just an asshole movie star.  Kung Lao's descended from a guy a long ways back who won once.

thebobmaster

Just in case anyone is interested, I edited my character's bio slightly. Mostly fixing her age during certain events, as I had her a bit too young at 2,000. If you consider that Kitana appears to be in her mid 20's at the age of 10,000, than that means that every year for a human is about 400 for an Edenian (400X25=10,000). Therefore, if I kept Sarana at the age of 2,000 when she was taken advantage of, she would have been about 5 years old for a human. Little bit too young, I thought.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

Alliance

Well I actually was needing someone of the actual RP to be my set up. But...I have to wait for someone of Earthrealm.

Also, for fighting style is it okay for me to use a video from another video game?

I'm making my character "low trier" like Baraka. More focused on combination, then special moves.

dwellinthedark

Ah, I hadn't actually gotten around to specifying a fighting style myself yet.  Gonna be Capoeira with a little Jiu Jitsu influence, here.

Vergil1989

I had not either, mostly because I'm not that proficient in putting a name to a double scimitar style lol.  Even so, I know enough to be dangerous in my own type of fighting although I plan to throw a bit of hand to hand in there as well, probably Karate or something similar that allows for a lot of movement and agile attacks.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Flash Gorden

Name: Allison Reed
Race: Human
Appearance:
Alignment: Earthrealm

Weapon Bō (Just like the picture)

Abilities:

Allison is capable of putting together a rather rapid, painful series of strikes that can stun an opponent. She can also deliver a piercing blow with the tip of her staff, able to put the hurt on.

All in all, she's rather agile and capable of flipping over her opponents with just the assistance of her staff, and many more things.

She doesn't tend to name her 'moves'.

Reason for entering Mortal Kombat: Saving the world!
Personality:
Having been raised in a military family, Allison was raised with a strong sense of right and wrong, black and white. She can, however, relax and have a good time with people, it's just not quite the easiest thing in the world for her. A bit too serious for her own good, one might say. She's very protective of her friends and has a strong urge to protect them, and she's very pleased to have been asked to participate in the tournament.

Background:
Born to a pair of parents, her mother a martial arts instructor and her father an air-force pilot, Allison was raised to defend herself, value the ideas of 'American Freedom,' and those around her. Her mother made sure to enroll her in karate at a young age, avoiding the basic American Sport Karate and making sure she knew how to defend herself properly. She eventually found her true calling, the art of Bōjutsu, and started to train in that during her early teens.

She excelled, quickly becoming quite talented, and started to enter tournaments where she began to place better and better all the time.  Of course, none of these even compared to the invitation for a tournament that would change her life and possibly the course of the future for Earth forever...

~~~~~~

The second character will probably some sort of 'villain'. Also, the 'fuckality' idea from way back sounds like a fantastic idea.

Vergil1989

I don't know if I said it before now but the plant demon idea I like a lot myself.  Anyway, here's hoping Finn gets his ass in gear lol.  I still need to edit in a couple of abilities for my gal, (if she even gets approved of course,) but hopefully she does.  Anyway, adios!

Florence

Sorry all, was gonna post earlier had some stuff worked out, and then we had a 2 hour power outage due to the heat. I like all of the characters so far. I don't mind original worlds and races, btw, but I do want to keep things within the Mortal Kombat feel. I'll try having my characters up by tommorow, then I'll work on getting this rp to an actual start.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Vergil1989

That's why I included the OIA stuff in there just to be sure on that part of the deal as far as sticking to the MK feel of things.  Anyway, glad you approve my friend and I'll do my best to stick to the game in general.

Alliance

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 22, 2011, 07:59:58 PM
Sorry all, was gonna post earlier had some stuff worked out, and then we had a 2 hour power outage due to the heat. I like all of the characters so far. I don't mind original worlds and races, btw, but I do want to keep things within the Mortal Kombat feel. I'll try having my characters up by tommorow, then I'll work on getting this rp to an actual start.

I was kind of waiting on the go go to the plant demon. Only reason I haven't used it.

Florence

Quote from: Alliance on July 22, 2011, 08:36:38 PM
I was kind of waiting on the go go to the plant demon. Only reason I haven't used it.

Throw up a character sheet, I like the idea :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Alliance

Name: Jagan [Full name is Jagan The Soul Eating Demon]

Race: Demon- Poison Plant- There are several plant eating species out there. Just like flowers there are roses and tulips. The same with plant demons. There are a poisonous plant demons, ones that breathe fire, etc. But for this sake Jagan's plant are alive and poisonous.

Appearance:

Alignment: Evil [his alliance will change when he figures out who tricked him]

Faction: NA

Weapons and Abilities: The only weapon Jagan seems to posses is roots from the ground. He has the ability to call upon roots. More like root tentacle things. His main body is that of a flowering tree, that er has poison dripping out of the mouths of the tentacle root things.

Beginning Entrance- Jagan uproots himself from the ground within a pod that looks something like a tree trunk. The tree trunk spreads open like that of big four petal flower and Jagan steps out and gets into his stance.

Fighting Style I was planning to use for Jagan - Shéquán or Snake Kung Fu- Please Watch Video so you can get a sense of where I am going

His nails are poisonous and he can spit out a fog of poison that makes enemies dizzy. Nothing like reptile though, since this is more like a foggy haze thing. Think Sonya Blade instead of Reptile.

X Ray Move "Garden Fresh" - His tree tentacle plants uproot from the ground grabbing the enemy and he sticks his hand through their abdomen with his poisonous claws. Then he sticks them into your eye. Afterwards he is heard giggling as you're dropped to the ground.

Ending Pose- Like the picture, he poses and his tree tentacle things come up with their leaves and some of their poisonous mouths hiss

Fatality 1 "Playing With Food"- His tentacles tree root things are called from the ground and rip their enemies limbs off. Then they slither around Jagan afterwards.

Fatality 2 "Just a Snack" - His tentacles hold down the enemy and he does a very classic Mortal Kombat move by ripping his enemies head off. Afterwards it shows the trees eating the leftover body as he carries the head in his arms, he doesn't raise it up or anything he just throws it for the trees to eat it. One of the mouths hisses at the camera and shakes its leaves.

Bio:

Living a solitary life as he always has, ever since he was little he tended to his own gardens. Jagan was known for a deadly poison and flowers that never wilted. A strange and beautiful meadow of blue roses that were uprooted and connected to his very soul. Jagan both protected himself and his flowers from deadly intruders. Though one day as Jagan went off in search of any necessary tool of a living being based of a plant life. Shang Tsung himself wanted the poison of this demon. Whatever Shang Tsung is planning is quite unknown.

Transforming into a person to blame he began to extract poison from the main branch of Jagan's plants. Sensing something was wrong Jagan quickly had made his way to his meadow. But found it beginning to burn. Seeing the lone figure standing. What the person had was more important than the plants. They stole Jagan's poison and they stole Jagan's Ragnarok.

Other: I'd like to state Jagan has two hearts. One is hidden within an outer shell more like a seed than heart. This seed is called the Raganrok [yes I stole the name hoosh]. Within the hard casing of the Ragnarok is his heart that beats outside of his body. He also has a heart within as well. This secondary heart Ragnarok, probably the reason why he is so pissed, is very hard to crack probably the reason why Shang Tsung hasn't been so easily able to acquire what he wants from it which is of course Jagan's heart.

It should be noted that Jagan's main body is part of a big giant tree. And it has red leaves. I mean look at the photo.

I hope everyone watches the full video. I watched the full video the Prince Naga fighting thing. Because in the video, especially about 2 mins. You can see some other moves and combos to be used as well. Which gives the character a little more flexibility. As stated he won't be so focused on projectiles or teleports or screams. It's more focused on combos like Baraka.