Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20A (Two Slots Open)

Started by Jaded, June 27, 2014, 02:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

*Smiles* 

All right, Chulanowa.  Which of us is the theurge and which the ragabash?  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Name: Tears-Asunder
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Get of Fenris

Strength 3 Dexterity 4 (Preternatural Grace) Stamina 3
Charisma 2 Manipulation 1 Appearance 3
Perception 2 Intelligence 3 Wits 3

Alertness 3 Athletics 1 Brawl 3 Empathy 1 Intimidation 1 Leadership 1 Primal-Urge 3
Performance 1 Stealth 1 Survival 3
Enigmas 3 Investigation 1 Medicine 1 Occult 3 Rituals 1

Ancestors 3 Fate 3 Pure Breed 1 Totem 2

Heightened Senses, Razor Claws, Resist Pain

Glory 2.0 Honor 1.0 Wisdom 0.0

Rage 6 Gnosis 6 Willpower 7

Common Sense, Danger Sense

I'm not really used to the Renown system to any serious degree, so I took Common Sense to represent that.  Hopefully I can get nudges to get positive renown and not get negative renown.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Muse on June 28, 2014, 04:17:31 PM
*Smiles* 

All right, Chulanowa.  Which of us is the theurge and which the ragabash?  :)

I'm gonna go with Theurge - they're my best Auspice, so might as well!

Gnawer, Strider, or Uktena are striking me as most likely tribes. I'll have an answer on that one soon, after I finish picture-shopping!

Pumpkin Seeds

Muse

*Smiles* 

All right, one Glass Walker Ragabash parkor girl coming up.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

I am leaning towards a Fianna adopted by the Children of Gaia.

Muse

Name:         Lacey Bruce
Deed Name:      The Rooftops at Midnight
Type:         Garou
Auspice         Ragabash
Breed:         Homid
Concept:         Parkour Girl
Tribe:         Glass Walker

Birthday:         11th of May 1994
Height:         5’1”
Weight:         100lbs
Build:            Svelte and toned with all the right curves. 
Skin:            Fair, often with a light dusting of freckles. 
Hair:            Fiery red curls. 
Eyes:         Brilliant green. 
Style:            Though you can often find her in snug blue jeans and white blouses, her dedicated outfit is what she calls, “Gothic Parkour Chic.”  This consists of high topped athletic shoes, snug black leggings, a sleeveless, low necked corset top with a bit of black lace, and matching leather gloves. 
Quote:         “Pay attention, boys.  This is how a mechanic’s daughter from Nevada defies gravity.  If I can do this, you can do anything.” 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PweZTffwQjmyj3V4TFbLeixGWti7Uf4Zjew3H056q6U/edit

Jaded

AndyZ - Get of Fenris Lupus Ahroun
Chulanowa - Gnawer, Strider, or Uktena Theurge
Dice - Bone Gnawer Philodox
Marie Reynolds - Fianna or Children of Gaia Metis Galliard
Muse - Glass Walker Ragabash
Pumpkin Seeds - Children of Gaia or Shadow Lord Ahroun

Please find the OOC and Game Information thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207597.0

The information on the Sept is still a bit of a work in progress, please let me know any issues you see with it, or any suggestions you may have. 

Also, does anyone have any preference on the pack's totem?

Dice

No not personally but I was planing to put some dots in my own totem (Rat) if that will not be an issue I am also willing to supply some to a pack one off needed.

Muse

Ahm.... 

If i''m not mistaken, having a personal totem precludes you from participating in the packs relationship with their collective totem spirit?  It makes for a lot of distance. 

I believe I put 3 points towards our totem. 

Jaded

Yes, a Personal Totem basically means you aren't part of the pack in anything but name I think.  It is talked about a bit on page 140.  I don't believe you can put points towards both a Pack and Personal totem as you can only benefit from one. 

AndyZ

going to drop from the game to let Pumpkin Seeds have the Ahroun.  Good luck all.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Jaded

Ah, okay.  Sorry to see you go. 

Chulanowa

I'm going to be chucking a Bone Gnawer Theurge out there. How much information do you want here, Jaded, or do we save it for a character sheet thread or what?

Ah yes, concept! Oof, I'm so bad at paring a character down to a few words. Mystery seeker? Voodoo hunter? Street shaman? Scavenger mystic? Basic idea is that she's out to collect mystic influence and spiritual power; to that end, she pokes about in forgotten places, sifts through the dust and rust, follows urban legends and the like, trying to catch onto edges for herself, her pack, and her tribe.

I really want to make her lupus, but the idea feels more like a homid, so I'll probably go with that unless i can brainstorm up a good way for a lupus to fill that role.

Dice

Ok, I am just going to explain what I was thinking and see what people think. The reason I was thinking I would have my own totem is that I would be a person that mostly lived in the city. So I would start (Story teller willing.) outside the pack. Joining later on once the flow gets going. But in looking at what Rat costs, I am a little less interested in dropping 5 points into a story point I think will have little impact on game play, so I will see what I can contribute to the group pool.

I will get a sheet up tomorrow, I am thinking my guy is an early 20s male who is in real tight with a mortal gang in town. Maybe he helps to run it. Fingers in a ton of pies he is a trader in secrets and lies. Main attribute spread will be social with a metal secondary. He can fight but his primary goal is to survive. He is a cleaver guy, willing to do what is needed to stay alive and to this point, walk over those needed to do so. He will have to change his ways as part of a pack, something he will have to adapt to, but is not unwilling to do.

What he offers is a leadership role, though not looking to be the boss while also giving a social face to the group. His information gathering apparatus is quite strong, but it's at a ground level. This is things people hear said in bars, clubs and in back streets. He is not unable to get information off computer systems and phone lines, but that takes favours and he is not a fan of owing people. He would rather leave that to others because getting into debt with the people he knows can become a problem.

Lastly, I am more than willing to step back and leave combat to others, this guy is not a fool, he knows when he is out matched, but he is skilled at planing a fight. Setting up ambushes and making sure the odds are in his favour. As him to fight and he will, but he is not running head first into a suicide run and if you do, don't expect him to back you up. He will show you the best way from his point of view how to win, but you don't stay alive by foolishly seeking glory for no good reason. It's better to burn a long, slow and useful flame than go out as a Fireball see by all.

Pumpkin Seeds

Andy there really is no need to give up the ahroun spot.  She will be more the duelist than a warrior.

Jaded

I'll be tossing the character sheets in the OOC thread, so you can post it there and I'll move it over.  I like to keep a copy of each character in one post just for ease of reference. 

Both the characters sound fine. 

Sounds good Dice.  I'm not forbidding Personal Totems, but I will admit they do tend to make me a little nervous (though I am allowing Fera, so it is about the same thing). 

AndyZ may be switching to a Mokole.  If that is the case, I will probably push for a Reptilian totem just as a bond between everyone (and it may be required for Mokole in the older version of the game?).  I have been thinking of suggesting Rattlesnake from the Wild West version of the game (Background Cost 8, Pulse of the Invisible Gift, Entrance Listeners through singing or howling, Ancestors 3.  Ban is none may attack any serpent and they must honour the pure ones).  Though I am open to suggestions and any arguments for or against.

Pumpkin Seeds

The concept I have will revolve around dueling.  Essentially she views violence as part of the beastial nature of Werewolves.  She views dueling as a civilized way to channel that rage and violence into the least harm in order to resolve conflicts.  She's essentially trying to reconcile her nature with her Child of Gaia views.  Better for a one-on-one fight than entire packs dissolving into conflict.

AndyZ

Tears-Asunder
Suchid Ora (Monitor Lizard)
Rising Sun (Striking)
Nature: Conformist
Demeanor: Thrill-Seeker

Strength 3 Dexterity 4 (Preternatural Grace) Stamina 3
Charisma 2 Manipulation 1 Appearance 3
Perception 2 Intelligence 3 Wits 3

Alertness 3 Athletics 1 Brawl 3 Empathy 1 Intimidation 1 Primal-Urge 3 Subterfuge 1
Performance 1 Stealth 1 Survival 3
Enigmas 3 Investigation 1 Medicine 1 Occult 3 Rituals 1

Fate 3 Mnesis 3 Totem 1

Sight of the True Form, Eye of the Raptor

Glory 1.0 Honor 1.0 Wisdom 1.0

Rage 7 Gnosis 5 Willpower 7

Step Sideways, Forced Transformation (Homid when sexually aroused)

Armored Scales, Grasping Hands, Terrible Claws, Upright Walking, Wings

Dice

Name: James Tell
Homid, Philodox, Bone Gnawer
Nature: Survivor
Demeanor: Director

Attributes
Strength: 2, Dexterity: 2, Stamina: 2
Charisma: 4(Commanding Voice), Manipulation: 4 (Unswerving Logic), Appearance: 2
Perception: 3, Intelligence: 2, Wits: 3

Abilities
Alertness: 2, Athletics 2, Brawl 1, Leadership 4 (Compelling), Primal: 2, Streetwise: 4 (Gangs), Subterfuge: 3
Crafts: 2, Drive: 1, Larceny: 3, Stealth: 1, Survival: 2
Academics: 1, Computer: 1, Investigation: 2, Occult: 1

Backgrounds:
Allies: 1, Contacts: 5, Totem: 2

Gifts:
Persuasion, Scent of the True Form, Trash is Treasure

Glory: 0, Honour: 3, Wisdom: 0

Rage: 3
Gnosis: 1
Willpower: 6

Merits:
Fair Glabro

Flaws:
Phobia (2 Point) Hights

Jaded

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 29, 2014, 05:01:24 AM
The concept I have will revolve around dueling.  Essentially she views violence as part of the beastial nature of Werewolves.  She views dueling as a civilized way to channel that rage and violence into the least harm in order to resolve conflicts.  She's essentially trying to reconcile her nature with her Child of Gaia views.  Better for a one-on-one fight than entire packs dissolving into conflict.

Sounds good :-)

Quote from: AndyZ on June 29, 2014, 02:11:15 PM
Admittedly I'm just reusing a lot of the stuff.  I don't really feel like making an entirely new character, but at least my character's entire niche isn't going to be "I'm also in the combat that isn't one on one" with this girl.

Oh, I'll be using the optional nature and demeanor rules, so please select some from page 486 of the book.  Thanks.  I believe you also went over by 2 on freebie points unless I miscalculated (always possible). 

I was willing to allow multiple of each auspice, so any annoyance should be directed at me. 

Quote from: Dice on June 29, 2014, 08:20:17 PM
Name: James Tell

Looks good I think, thanks :-) . 

Pumpkin Seeds

Name: Justine Ellstrom
Deed Name: Peaceful Storm
Breed: Lupus
Tribe: Children of Gaia
Auspice: Ahroun
Nature: Warrior
Demeanor: Caregiver

Strength- 3         Dexterity (Lightning Reflexes) - 4           Stamina - 3
Charisma - 3        Manipulation - 1            Appearance - 2
Perception - 3       Intelligence - 1             Wits (Cool Headed) - 4

Abilities
Alertness 2, Athletics 1, Brawl 3, Empathy 1, Expression 1, Intimidation 2, Primal-Urge 3
Melee (Klaive) 5, Performance 1, Stealth 3, Survival 2
Medicine 2, Occult 1, Rituals 2

Backgrounds
Fate 2, Fetish (Klaive) 4, Mentor 2 Totem 2, Rituals 1

Gifts
Resist Pain, Falling Touch, Predator's Arsenal

Glory 2, Honor 1, Wisdom 0

Rage 5
Gnosis 6
Willpower 6

Merits
Silver Tolerance

Flaws
Harano Prone
Driving Goal (Unify tribes against the Wyrm)

Pumpkin Seeds

Not the best with character creation so..might take me a few to do this right.

Dice

Ok. Let me see if I can help.

First, go to this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlw0dzpd7zm7hze/W20_4-Page_Interactive.pdf and grab that sheet. It should make building your character a touch simpler.  If you want to save it, I suggest using Foxit reader to do so.

Second I suggest a site like this one: http://www.wyrmfoe.com/werewolf-gifts/ to find your gifts if you do not have the book. This link will help if you do not have the book: http://www.oocities.org/wyldcall/chargen.html

Starting Willpower for you will be 4, the starting Rage 5 and the starting Gnosis 5. Do note that as a Lupus there are some restrictions on starting stats (before Free points are spent), they can be found here: http://www.oocities.org/wyldcall/breeds.html

If you have any other issues, shoot me a message. If its not on the net, I likely have the book downstairs.

Dice.

Chulanowa

Name: Jade Finkell
Deedname: But-Wait-There's-More
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Theurge
Nature: Barterer
Demeanor: Guru
Tribe: Bone Gnawers
Concept: Scavenger Mystic

Physicals: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 4 (Resilient)
Social: Charisma 2, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2
Mental: Perception 4 (Uncanny Instincts), Intelligence 2, Wits 4 (Cool-headed)

Talents: Alertness 2, Brawl 1, Empathy 1, Primal-Urge 1, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 2
Skills: Animal Ken 1, Crafts 2 (Garbage-to-Gold), Larceny 2, Stealth 2
Knowledges:Computers 1, Enigmas 2, Investigation 2, Occult 3, Rituals 3, Technology 2 (Jury-Rig)

Backgrounds: Totem 2, Contacts 1, Rites 8

Gifts: Apecraft's Blessing, Scent of Sweet Honey, Spirit Speech

Rites: Rite of Binding, Rite of Summoning, Rite of Spirit Awakening, Rite of Cleansing, Rite of Tying the Snare

Rage: 3
Gnosis: 4
Willpower: 5

Renown: Glory 0.0, Honor 0.0, Wisdom 3.0

Flaws: Intolerance - police (1 point), Curiosity (2 points)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's Rites 8; going by the Book of Auspices provision to allow Theurges to buy the background past 5, to reflect their mystic training and whatnot.

As regards totem... I dunno, I'm always happy for the ST to drop one on a pack when there's no clear option. Jade's not terribly picky, I don't think.