Server Move Tonight

Started by Vekseid, August 18, 2013, 11:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bludmagnus

Thank you for letting all of us know.  May all go well.
"Shame is an unhappy emotion invented by the hypocritcally pious in order to exploit others."

Personal self-quote:  Jaded is having the only key to the handcuffs and locks.

For consideration I link my O/O post here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42014.0

Nataleigh

Thank you for all the hard work you put into these sites, Vekseid. We really do appreciate it. ^_^

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all goes according to plan. <3
I'm BACK from vacation! <3 <3 <3

We need more teachers and students at St. Jude! Please join! <3

Geil

Cheers Veks; hope it goes smoothly and thanks for the effort you put into the sites and extra double-thanks for the timing - you've managed to organise the downtime to start within an hour of when I go off on holiday  ;D

Poetry in Emotion
Variety is the spice of life - I'll have the vindaloo please.
A&A Games O&O

Muse

That's awesme Veks!  Thanks again for all your hard work. 

Guess I have an excuse to sleep in.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Azumi

Thank you for the wonderful job, Vekseid!

Good luck on the transition!

Remiel

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes without a hitch!

AurelieCatena

Thanks for the head-up. I'll miss Elliquiy during the down period. I hope all goes well. I'll be following it on Twitter.

Thanks again for all your efforts to make this wonderful forum possible.

Styx26

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Wolf O Donnel

Thanks Vekseid, bope all goes well good luck...

*thinks of a way to cope for two days*

Sofina

Thanks for all your hard work Vekseid, You are a hero keeping the site running, as a fairly new member I  must compliment you for this oasis  on the net. I have never met such a lovely cross section of people who have made me welcome and kept me safe.

Good luck with the changeover.

Sofi xx

P.S. I've actually got a tear in my eye, I have finally found a place I can call home.
We all choose what path we follow..... Come down mine sometime. 

Sofina’s ONs and OFFs

rahatngt

Vekseid,
Thanks a lot for all the hard work :). Unfortunately my lack of experience in operations and forum software precludes me from helping but I have seen the operation work involve in successful migration. So my sympathies and thanks specially since you have to do it all alone without someone else to verify checklists/steps. Good luck with everything.

I probably am most looking at the return of search to find roleplays that I found interesting but didn't bookmark. This is primarily a same codebases migration right? Or have you also made some updates in the system other than turning back on some high overhead feature.

The plan was for the new forum software on the new hardware right (if my broken memory serves right this time) but we had to move ahead of schedule right?

See you all soon on the other side :P

Rhedyn

I hope the move goes smoothly Veks, thank you for all your hard work in keeping such a special place as this running.

Lord Drake

Quote from: Ariel on August 18, 2013, 11:38:11 PM
You're simply fucking amazing, Vek. Thank you. Thank you so very much for what you do.

This.

Dragon fingers are crossed, too Veks. See you all on the new server!
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Peripherie

Thank you for all your time and effort Veks! I know this is a huge undertaking but we are all behind you.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

marauder13

As someone who has done more than a few server migrations in the past, may yours run as smooth as silk, Veks.

Also, thank you for everything you do for this site, mate. You're bloody brilliant and a fine fellow to boot.

Vekseid

Looking at the Who's Online list I'd swear some of you are playing "Who gets the last PM?" games or something.