Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2012, 06:44:02 AM
I always got the impression that Hogwarts and the homes of Wizard families was in another world/dimension from the normal muggle world.  Otherwise wouldn't humanity have discovered things like trolls and centaurs by now?

As far as I am aware there is actually a whole section of the wizarding ministry that is devoted to the suppression of magical activity amoung muggles, cloaking various buildings to appear as other things like the hospital looks like a condemned building to muggles.
Thanks to others who have answered this question as well. ;)

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2012, 10:32:33 AM
Alright, does every wizard or witch have to have a familiar?  Can a familiar be any animal?  I was thinking a big raven might be pretty cool whether I made Ravenclaw or not.  I just only remember people having rats, owls, toads and cats in the movies.  Then again, I've never read any of the books so I may have missed something.

Aiden and myself answered part of this previously with regard the pets allowed but no not every witch or wizard needs to have a familiar but I think it is recommended. The best if you are unsure what to go for is probably an owl and that way you have your own personal owl for sending messages instead of using the school ones. ;)

Niferbelle

Would you like us to PM our character sheets to you before we post them?

Aiden

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 04, 2012, 12:31:08 PM
Would you like us to PM our character sheets to you before we post them?

You can post them in the other thread Nifferbelle, there we will go over them and contact you if it looks good or we need more info, etc etc.

bubby

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

LunarSage

Did I miss where the sorting quiz has been posted?  o.O

I kinda need to know my house before I complete a sheet.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

SomeGuy

The first post has been updated with it.

LunarSage

LunarSage

Just curious... what does blood status mean?

Kendra

no one gets their house until their sheet is posted up - you can leave that part blank for now and add it in after wards Lunar ;)

could every one please please add in the year your characters were born, we won't have a clue who is a first year from a senior otherwise ;)
thank you

loving the character sheets so far

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2012, 01:06:08 PM
Just curious... what does blood status mean?

whether your character is a pureblood, a muggle or a half blood

TheHangedOne

Sorry 'bout that, Kendra; I've added it in. I'm also basically done with the sheet; just need to find a picture now, and fill out the rest of his physical description...
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LunarSage

Gotcha.  Thanks Kendra.  Though I thought there wasn't such thing as a true pure blood anymore.

Kendra

*chuckles* have you not read any of the wiki Lunar ? :P
*pokes* tis all there - go to the rules and guidelines and it's posted there ...
QuotePURE BLOODS

If your character is a pure-blood both of their parents are magical, and all of their grandparents and so on. It means a 'muggle' was never married and that all ancestors have been magical. That being said, it is very obvious that this must be quite impossible. J.K Rowling has stated that 'true' pure-bloods do not exist in the magical world, and that any family that claims to be entirely 'pure' has simply erased muggles and squibs from their family trees. With this knowledge in mind our definition of a 'Pureblood' is that all great-grandparents and any direct ancestors below them were all magical. This, of course, also means that your character can have two magical parents and still not be a 'pure-blood'.

If you wish your character to be a pureblood, do up a good character concept with a believable line of heritage. They do not have to be canon.

no worries THM - just remove the WIP when you're done and we'll know you're good to go ;)

Swashbuckler

Got to love all the red hair. 

I don't want to Tommy to stand out.....well, for that reason at least.   Look of booky types for a school....*blinks*

;-)

Jag

There really isn't such a thing as a true pure blood anymore. Those that are, are horribly inbreed (look at the Gaunt family, after all). At least in my opinion.

Then again, it has been mentioned (by fans) that there is no such thing as a real Muggle Born either, that all Muggle Borns are really the descendants of Squibs who married into Muggle families and the magical abilities are just reemerging in a newer generation....but that might be going too far into it and it just plays into my sick idea of an X-Men/Potterverse crossover fanfiction. >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Aiden

Wolverine and Magical powers is just broken!

Kendra

I think you two need to go to the GM bar and take a serious large vodka :P

Jag

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 01:23:17 PM
Wolverine and Magical powers is just broken!

Not if the magical abilities of witches and wizards is actually a very low-level mutation of the X-Gene, a very common one...since, as we all know, mutants will produce other mutants (pure bloods) and the rare occasion that they don't (squibs) would still result in future mutations (so called muggle-borns).  ::)

*flees*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Aiden

For those of you with sheets up and future.

Under the "House" option

Can you add whether you are a 1st year (or starting the game as a later year, 5th year being the oldest)

We want to make sure, since birthdays span the year some seem older and are confusing us if you mean to be first or second years.

Blaed

Well now that I know that I have more to add for my pureblood back ground I am sure that I have to go back and edit a few things. And I also have to go through and take the test and do the character sheet.

Thank you GM's for getting that up quickly. And I hope you don't go crazy trying to sort out everyone.

Kendra

St. Mungo's already has a special ward reserved for us ;)

Zealously Jaded

LunarSage

Quote from: Kendra on January 04, 2012, 01:15:11 PM
*chuckles* have you not read any of the wiki Lunar ? :P

Erm, I skimmed it... if I don't skim at first I get overwhelmed by new stuff.   :-[

Kendra

*chuckles* kick back and enjoy the read at your leisure - there's a lot in it ;)

nice bios guys - really nice  :-)