F for M 1x1 Search (Detailed Players Wanted - Updated 7/5)

Started by PrincessofHeart, June 19, 2017, 02:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessofHeart

Hello all who come to read this thread!

Important bits are listed in BOLD, and PURPLE.

PLEASE DO NOT POST INTEREST IN THIS THREAD.  PLEASE PM ME..

First of all: What I'm looking for from you!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

• Someone who is interested in long term.  I'm a fan of long games that play all kinds of twists and turns.  If you want to rp for a day then split, we're not compatible.
  • Someone who is serious about working out a game.  If you've got other things going that might pan out, don't plan a game with me and then change your mind because I'm your silver medal.  I'm not a fan.
  • Someone who is about at my level.  I consider myself advanced/literate/whatever we're calling it, and I prefer my partner to be at the same level.  This means proper attention paid to spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and word usage.  Someone who won't write this way, or cannot, is not going to keep me interested.
  • Third person, past tense prose.  This is non-negotiable.  No chatspeak or asterisk motions.
  • Someone who can help me craft a story.  By this I mean someone who will take the reins from time to time without asking me about every single little detail.  I might have an over-arcing plot, but how we get there is up to us both.  If I'm the only one planning, I'll get burnt out.  Think something will be fun but won't kill my character?  Do it.
  • Someone who can play NPCS and villains.  I play all kinds of them.  It's what I do.  I love side characters and villains.  But if I'm playing them all, again, I will get burnt out and quit.
  • Someone who respects my right to say no.  Badgering will only get silence in return.
  • Someone who respects my right to make my own character.  I'm not going to tell you anything but your basic role.  The rest is up to you because it's your character.  I expect the same amount of autonomous respect.
  • Someone who posts frequently.  I get that life happens.  I, on the other hand, have no life, so I'm online almost every evening ever.  Several times a day on the weekends is ideal.  Once a day is awesome.  Once a week and it's okay, but harder for me to invest in.  More time between posts than that and I lose interest.
  • Someone who can post at least four to five paragraphs.  More is love.  Less won't work for me.  I'm a show, don't tell kind of writer.
  • Someone who will not be flirty/touchy/creepy OOC.  I don't like that behavior and I'll sure as fuck bring it up.  I am not that kind of person, and I never will be.  Nobody's going to change my mind on this.  I am also in a relationship, so I'm not interested.

Okay, if you think you fit the qualifications, how about a little about me?

• I play straight female characters.  It's just what I'm comfortable with.  But I play a large and varied number of NPCs and villain figures.
  • I do not double.  I find that in the past, this just means someone is playing to my main character as minimally as possible to have their own needs met.  This doesn't do anyone any good.
  • I love romance!  I want all my games to have it!  That being said romance does not mean fluffy, sweet, everything is perfect all the time, nor does it mean smut 24/7.
  • I also love dark and gritty. Give me some of those bad things, things people have to overcome.
  • I have been role playing for over eighteen years.  I like it, obviously, and while I generally don't burn out, it happens.  If I say I need to quit a game, don't take it personally.
  • I only role play in third person, past tense prose.  Non-negotiable.
  • My post length generally runs from four paragraphs up to a thousand words or more.  It depends entirely on the scene, and whether it needs to be set up or if we're already engaged in the surroundings.
  • I'm around most evenings.  I have a full time job, but I have no life.  I don't want one. So this means I'm probably not your best bet for rapid-fire play, but definitely your best bet for regular storytelling. I post any time I have a response, but I do have a high-stress job.  Priorities, yo.
  • I like to communicate.  I will send IMs that have nothing to do with our game.  I  just want to be friends, that's all.
  • I do try to be flexible, so if something isn't working for you, please talk to me about it!  I can't fix anything if I don't know.
  • I hate, hate, HATE being flirted with OOC.   I'm in a relationship, and I'm also not a fan of flirting.  I'm not interested, and doing so is going to irritate me.  It's not you.  I wouldn't want to be flirted with by anyone.  Yes I mentioned it twice since once never seems to be enough.

Things that I will not do, so don't ask.

• I will not role play sex with anyone immediately.
  • I do not respond to/appreciate flirty/creepy/touchy/rapey behavior OOC.
  • Dealing with people who will not take no for an answer, OOC or otherwise.  I do not like being pressured or hassled.
  • Furry/anthros - Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing.
  • Things I will not do if we do get to a sex scene: non-con in any way/shape/form, mind control, body modification, vore, stretching (including growth or weight gain), body fluids (blood being the only exception if a vampire is involved), bathroom stuff, pain, abuse, humiliation.
  • Rape is not a plot device.  There are so many other ways to have a messed up background.
  • Play Harley Quinn or Catwoman.
  • Manic pixie dream girl characters.  I loathe this archetype.
  • Deal with whiny, depressed all the time characters.  I have enough of this in my real life.

Now!  On to some plots that I have been working on.  Please note: All plots are copyright of me. Please do not take them to use with someone else.

A condensed list of plots needing the male character played.

• Hunting For The Hunted: Set in the Vampire Hunter D universe, but without all the creepy sexual assault.  A partner playing D is not necessary unless you want to.  Any vampire hunter would be perfectly fine, no need to be 100% human either if you choose not to be.  A noble has come to the Victorian period city of Voltare, and has been harvesting children.  My character, the young widow of a famous vampire hunter and social butterfly hires a vampire hunter to stop the noble and discourage whatever plot he has in store.  Would lead to romance, of course, and the two of them having further adventures.

• Witchhunters:  Fantasy, supernatural, fish out of water.  A world that exists in a parallel dimension.  Where Earth is in the sky as the Midnight Moon, mystical and untouchable, and the source of magic of the world.  Plagued by monsters, all known as witches in some way, this world has numerous men whom they fear, the witchhunters who keep villages and cities safe.  When a woman appears and claims she is from the Midnight Moon, and can sense witches, even those that are hidden in human or animal form, she is brought in as the first female witch hunter, hoping to find a way home.  This is not a mentor/mentee relationship.  I'm more interested in a romance between her and a witchhunter.

• Toppling the Empire:  Crime, drama, risks, romance, all that good stuff.  A "fixer", a guy who makes his money doing whatever needs to be done is hired by a fancy lawyer to kidnap the philanthropic wife of one of the city's richest men.  When the husband refuses to pay the ransom and even offers the fixer money to "take care" of his wife, the fixer discovers that the person who hired him isn't who he thinks, and he might be in over his head in a plot of betrayal and death.

• A Single Moment Makes All the Difference:  You've been shot.  Why have you been shot?  Chances are, you're not a very nice person.  Maybe you're mafia, or part of a gang.  Maybe you think Frank Castle is an excellent role model.  Either way, you've been shot and you need help.  Your bleeding form makes it into a random car in the parking lot of a grocery store, and you force the owner, a woman out buying groceries in the dead of the night, to take you home with her and help you get patched up.  In return, you find you've come across someone worthy, and you're going to make certain she knows it.

• Red Coats:  Urban fantasy.  An AU where everyone is aware of those things that go bump in the night, and how much they really don't like human beings.  Red Coats are the special order of Vatican-backed knights that defend humanity from these creatures.  Your Red Coat is approached by the sister of a fallen comrade, and she swears she needs your help, your protection, but what she's telling you may not be the entire story, and you're about to get caught up in hers.

• Marvel Heroes: A character of your design, SHIELD agent, is sent to bring in a menace in the dark alleys of the poorer parts of New York.  The homeless call her the Angel, and by all accounts, there's no reason why she should be able to snap pimps and drug dealers in half.  She's protecting those dark places and trying to figure things out after a scientific rebirth as a monster.  The story itself would deal with taking down the corporation that made her what she is, and then further adventures written together.

If none of the plots enthrall you, have a list of characters/genres I'd enjoy writing with/in. Please note: I'm not good at playing canons, but I do make OCs that fit the setting. Totally open to AU use of the characters, too.

• Dark fantasy: Think Legend, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal
  • Urban fantasy, specifically something with vampires
  • Time travel romance: More fish out of water finds herself in the past with a noble knight rather than Time Traveler's Wife
  • Fish out of water: Stepping into a dark world of monstrous people or to a different world
  • Captain America (MCU Version)
  • Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (MCU Version)
  • Thor (MCU Version)
  • Batman
  • Nightwing
  • Red Hood
  • Scott Lang (MCU Version)
  • Cloud
  • Vincent
  • Sephiroth - Would have to be the right plot, probably an AU story
  • Auron
  • Jareth
  • Prince Nuada
  • Loki - Again, it'd have to be the right plot, MCU Version
  • Dante (Admittedly the DmC reboot version)
  • Vergil (DmC reboot version)
  • Nathan Drake
  • Hal Jordan
  • Alucard - Castlevania anime
  • There will probably be more added

There we go!  If something catches your eye and you think you fit into my criteria for a partner above, please send me a message.  I can't wait to craft some new stories!

PrincessofHeart

Back from the dead!

I've also updated a number of plots (almost all of them have changed!)

There are also some changes to my requirements, please read carefully.

PrincessofHeart

Added the plot The Fae Prince, and added a few items about myself in the About Me section to make it clear how very much I prefer all friendships OOC to be platonic.

PrincessofHeart

Added three new plots:

- Time Travel Romance
- Aren't You That Guy Who Was In That Thing
- Hades and Persephone

PrincessofHeart

Still searching for a partner or two.  Thanks!

PrincessofHeart

PrincessofHeart

Edited:  Added police procedural, Sense8, and batfam desires into the plot sections.  Also added two more times something I'm very particular about. 

PrincessofHeart

PrincessofHeart

Updated plots by adding Castlevania and removing a few that I currently have no drive for/have someone I'm writing with.

PrincessofHeart

Added two additional plots, one with Sherlock Holmes, and one that is a murder/mystery/thriller kind of plot.  Also added an urban fantasy between sins and virtues.

PrincessofHeart

Monthly bump after two weeks of insanity.  Added a thriller mystery story, and hopefully on a more sane posting schedule now.

PrincessofHeart

Updated the look of my lists, categorizing plot ideas. 

PrincessofHeart

Back after a hiatus that required some hospitalization.  Would like a new game or two.

PrincessofHeart

Added two plots, one for a MCU world (not necessarily requiring established characters) and one for the unicorn of a topic, Guyver.

PrincessofHeart

Tweaked a few things in what I bring to the table/what I'm looking for.  Slowly getting back into writing.

PrincessofHeart

Updated plots so that there are far fewer to choose from.  Also added one, fantasy/mystery/adventure.

PrincessofHeart

Updated the plots with a space opera idea.  Lord help me I sat through Jupiter Ascending.

PrincessofHeart

PrincessofHeart

Possibly looking for another partner or two!  Updated plot ideas.  Thanks for looking!

PrincessofHeart

Looking for a partner or two.  Probably about to be socially quarantined, so, you know, time.

PrincessofHeart