Super-Simple Faceclaim Age Question

Started by Faustus, March 05, 2016, 04:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

Hi! Just a fast and really easy question, but I want clarification.

I am a GM for a large group on here, and we implement both Player Characters and Non-Player Characters to flesh our world out. Both of these come with faceclaims of celebrities or models. PCs are typically involved in sensual scenes while NPCs are generally not and just do their job as a NPC - to fill the background out and support.

Anyway, what would be the general call about someone using an eighteen year old celebrity or model as a NPC who will never see sexual/sensual territory? If the player guarantees that the image portraying the actor or model was taken during a time they were definitely of the age of eighteen, would this be fine? Typically, I have had players err on the side of caution and just use young-looking actors in their twenties to avoid any such question, but I want to have an official ruling on this topic.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Ariel

Any play-by you use has to be over the legal age of eighteen. Whether they are involved in sexual content or not doesn't matter; they have to be eighteen or older regardless. :-)

Does that help? :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Faustus

Quote from: Ariel on March 05, 2016, 04:26:01 PM
Any play-by you use has to be over the legal age of eighteen. Whether they are involved in sexual content or not doesn't matter; they have to be eighteen or older regardless. :-)

Of course! That part was never a question. :) Definitely eighteen, and the image of them must have been taken from the time they turned eighteen or later.

But is this something that E is definitely okay with allowing? And are there any suggestions for how to best showcase that the images used are from when the model/celeb. was eighteen and no younger? It's such a tricky territory that I've been very hesitant to allow use of FC/PBs that are that close to eighteen and generally push for twenty+ year old FC/PBs. @_@

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Ariel

I can see how that's a tricky situation. I'm not the staff, so I can't speak for them, but I don't think it would be too big of an issue. But I can't say for sure.

If it makes you feel safer, a good rule of thumb is to use people that can pass for an 18-20 year old but are, in reality, like thirty years old. Or you could always PM a mod a photo and ask for their input. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Blythe

Typically if Staff doubts the image is 18+, we will ask for proof of age for the image.

If you're in doubt, include a section near the picture (or located somewhere on a character sheet) with a link stating the model age and ideally when the picture was taken (to ensure the model is of age at the time the photo was taken). This generally tends to clear things up in nearly all cases.

Faustus

Quote from: Blythe on March 05, 2016, 04:55:09 PM
Typically if Staff doubts the image is 18+, we will ask for proof of age for the image.

If you're in doubt, include a section near the picture (or located somewhere on a character sheet) with a link stating the model age and ideally when the picture was taken (to ensure the model is of age at the time the photo was taken). This generally tends to clear things up in nearly all cases.

Thank you, Blythe!! I thought something similar might work, but I wasn't sure. I'll pass this information along to those that inquire.

Also: thank you, Ariel, for you assistance as well!

Question Solved~~ This can be locked if no one thinks anyone else will need it.

mia h

It can be tricky with certain people, there is a certain actress I can think of who's now in her mid-twenties but can convincingly pass for a teenage and is currently playing one on TV. Now if you searched for her and you get a whole load of images where she doesn't look that much younger than she does now but at the time she was 15\16 years old, so it can get tricky.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Beguile's Mistress

An image from a photo shoot should trail back to the source.  Some photographers are willing to supply information about their subjects.  For instance, I got curious about the model used for a cover on a novel, found the source in the copyright information in the book and sent the artist a PM asking for his name.  The artist sent me the information and a link to the man's website.  You might get the date of the photo and the age of the model at that time by asking for it.