Mumble...

Started by Viper, November 10, 2011, 06:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

I found the channel...typed in the password...and still...i cant get in. please someone tell me what im doing wrong?!!!

Thanks,
Karia

Nadir

You have to have approval from Hairy or Veks I think. Have you PMed one of them? The list of mods who can approve might be longer, but I'm not sure who else is on it.

Viper

Hmm... okay, I just dont want to trouble Vekseid, I know that he does alot and stuff. Ill just figure it out. Thank you!!

Nadir

It's not something you can figure out. They have to whitelist you.

Viper

OH! lol ok thanks! I didnt realize. Ill be sure to get ahold of someone thank you^^

Star Safyre

This post here details those to contact for approval:

Quote from: Vekseid on March 08, 2011, 09:28:59 PM
After you sign in, you won't be able to do much right away (though you will be able to chat in the lobby with people). If you click on Self, and then Register, you'll be registered on the server. Send a private message to Cecilia, HairyHeretic, or myself, and we can add you to the approved roster.

Cecilia and HairyHeretic have stepped down from staff for the moment, though I'm sure they'll either be able to help you or point you in the right direction should you ask nicely.  :-)

Hope that helps!

~Star
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Autumn Sativus

DarkAngel76 is actually a better option than Vekseid to get set up with mumble. She pretty much runs the mumble and could probably get you set up faster.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

HairyHeretic

I ought to be around on Saturday evening (GMT). PM me if that suits you and I'll sort you out.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aemirys

Give the mumble thread a bump up......

Would like to start brainstorming some ideas to promote mumble......

I would start the ball rolling but my back is driving me to distraction at the moment.
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Phoenixrisen

So! Who's up for some Mumble? It's there, we may as well use it.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Saerrael

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 10, 2011, 08:04:51 PM
I ought to be around on Saturday evening (GMT). PM me if that suits you and I'll sort you out.

I like how you used GMT here. Not to be annoying, but it seems a lot of people assume 'global' would mean USA plus or minus something. Thank you from the EU. ♥

MasterMischief

Quote from: Saerra on January 06, 2012, 11:28:17 PM
Not to be annoying, but it seems a lot of people assume 'global' would mean USA plus or minus something.

But...but...we're exceptional and stuff.

Saerrael

*pokes the Llama until he explodes*

MasterMischief

Phoenixrisen

There's so much going on here, but no actual Mumbling in process... *sadface, immediately followed by gigglefits because of the explosion*
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Saerrael

Quote from: MasterMischief on January 06, 2012, 11:55:19 PM

*revives*

What? Angel? DUUUUUUH!

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on January 06, 2012, 11:56:10 PM
There's so much going on here, but no actual Mumbling in process... *sadface, immediately followed by gigglefits because of the explosion*

Yeah, sorry, due to the nature of my being (genderfluid) I rather not use Mumble. I think more Lieges would agree to this..

MasterMischief

Haloriel

I always consider standard time to be GMT ... I mean, it just makes sense!  8-)

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Saerra on January 06, 2012, 11:56:28 PM
*revives*

What? Angel? DUUUUUUH!

Yeah, sorry, due to the nature of my being (genderfluid) I rather not use Mumble. I think more Lieges would agree to this..

Perfectly understandable I guess.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

MasterMischief

Quote from: Saerra on January 06, 2012, 11:56:28 PM

As if I have not hijacked this thread enough...

Would you please elaborate.  I have an idea of what being genderfluid means, but I do not see why that would prevent you from using Mumble.

Saerrael

Quote from: MasterMischief on January 06, 2012, 11:57:30 PM
How you doin'?

Oh, you know. Flyin', and harp plain' and rockin' and rollin', you know?

Quote from: Haloriel on January 06, 2012, 11:57:42 PM
I always consider standard time to be GMT ... I mean, it just makes sense!  8-)

I see different happen too often, Haloriel. I don't mean to offend, though.

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on January 06, 2012, 11:58:15 PM
Perfectly understandable I guess.

I have no reason to be in this thread >.> Just had to give Hairy dem feathers.
[/thread hijack]

Quote from: MasterMischief on January 07, 2012, 12:00:29 AM
As if I have not hijacked this thread enough...

Would you please elaborate.  I have an idea of what being genderfluid means, but I do not see why that would prevent you from using Mumble.

Genderfluid would be those who do not have a permanent gender. One could be male, female, or anything else, at any given time. Though, this is hardly the place for such education :P
About 99% of the time I am not the gender of my body. And my body makes my voice....  (more hints needed? :P)

MasterMischief

Quote from: Saerra on January 07, 2012, 12:02:52 AM
(more hints needed? :P)

No.  I was on the right track.  I just did not want to act any more American than I have.   ;D

Phoenixrisen

Oh, you know. Flyin', and harp plain' and rockin' and rollin', you know?

I see different happen too often, Haloriel. I don't mean to offend, though.

I have no reason to be in this thread >.> Just had to give Hairy dem feathers.
[/thread hijack]

Genderfluid would be those who do not have a permanent gender. One could be male, female, or anything else, at any given time. Though, this is hardly the place for such education :P
About 99% of the time I am not the gender of my body. And my body makes my voice....  (more hints needed? :P)

No, not really. I also know the world's tendency to judge things by what they see/hear rather than what they are. I can certainly understand your choices, doesn't mean it doesn't make me *sadface* but that's just cause I like actually talking to people, and there's no one to actually talk to.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Saerrael

Quote from: MasterMischief on January 07, 2012, 12:06:35 AM
No.  I was on the right track.  I just did not want to act any more American than I have.   ;D

*grins and hugs him*

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on January 07, 2012, 12:09:09 AM
No, not really. I also know the world's tendency to judge things by what they see/hear rather than what they are. I can certainly understand your choices, doesn't mean it doesn't make me *sadface* but that's just cause I like actually talking to people, and there's no one to actually talk to.

Before I leave this thread to not further hijack it.. I'm glad not everyone thinks in the way I described before. *leaves*

Haloriel

[...] I see different happen too often, Haloriel. I don't mean to offend, though [...]

Oh, I'm not in the least offended - as what you've seen is usually the norm from what it appears!  8-)   

On Topic:

I've never used the Mumble because A: I'm a more than a bit shy in person/speech ...
B: I got frustrated when I tried to figure out how it worked and utterly failed - so I gave up!

If its more complicated than getting Ventrilo to work - it clearly was not meant to be.  XD

Even the instructions just confused me so much - which is so often the case.  ~wiggles in her dunce hat and laughs~