News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SneakyGuy

Seconded. If you desperately can't learn last hitting, go for support or jungler roles.
O&O

Shjade

In fact, if you can't last hit, you shouldn't be surprised if your support, who does know how to last hit, decides to take over the farm you're wasting. It's that important.

If you're in a solo lane and don't understand how to farm creeps, well...gg.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Le RandomBloke

As far as last hitting is concerned, it really depends from champion to champion, your runes and masteries. For example, with Draven or Ezreal I appear to have little problems last hitting due to their decent early game damage. But as Ashe it can be a little trickier since if you start with the conventional boots and potions rather than a doran's blade, her damage is abysmal at the early levels.

That's from my personal experience, anyhow. At the first levels, I wouldn't worry too much as people (unless they are smurfs) are still finding things out themselves. Play as many champions as you can at least once if you can, you'll get a good feel for what they are capable of and even better, what can cripple them. Very valuable information to have when you're pitted up against them.

Also, wards win games. A surprising amount of people will leave the warding duties solely to the bottom lane support, but if you're top, mid or especially jungling, getting a ward of two when you have a bit of extra coin to spent can go a long way. Other than that, for champion specific information, most builds on mobafire.com give in-depth information on champions by people much better than I ever could hope to accomplish.

A lot of it truly is just getting to known the champions, who works well with whom, what champion can counter another, things like that. Oh, the guides for jungle champions usually contain maps with excellent positions to place your maps. Oh and another thing, once you get to know the items a bit better, be flexible in your build concerning the situation. I don't know about the American side of things, but on the Europe servers it surprised me how under appreciated a quick silver sash is.

Well, I'll stop creating a wall of text now, these are the things that helped me personally and I usually used to help friends. I am definitely not an expert though, so take any future suggestions and this I might give with a grain of salt. :P

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Chris Brady

And Jax is the same, like Ashe he has problems last hitting in the early game, but once you put a couple of points in his speed skill, it'll start working better.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Galactic Druid

I've decided to get back into this game, but there's no chance in hell I'm jumping back in all rusty with the level 30 crowd. *shudders* I don't remember my old login anyway.

Long story short, first person to PM me their summoner name gets listed as my refferal. Don't know if you get anything for it, but there it is.

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

SneakyGuy

Which server are you going to join?
O&O

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Panduhmoanium

I wish it was next week already... I'm ready for season 3 to kick off! Hopefully I can find a serious tourney team instead of what I've been invited to so far. x___x

Ryven

RPGuy!  PM me your summoner name! :D

Life in Color

Quote from: Panduhmoanium on October 31, 2012, 06:09:57 PM
I wish it was next week already... I'm ready for season 3 to kick off! Hopefully I can find a serious tourney team instead of what I've been invited to so far. x___x

Some friends and I are looking for a solid 5th, depending on where you're comfortable.

Ryven

I'm just looking for friends to play with.  Does anyone still play from E who isn't trying to get a tournament team together? :|

Life in Color

Quote from: Ryven on November 08, 2012, 02:11:50 PM
I'm just looking for friends to play with.  Does anyone still play from E who isn't trying to get a tournament team together? :|

I play casual games, too. Just puttin' the feelers out there for a solid 5th.

Add meeeeeee: Imrielle!

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Alixandre on November 08, 2012, 11:58:10 AM
Some friends and I are looking for a solid 5th, depending on where you're comfortable.

Just sent you a request, I'll be in and out the rest of the night if you get on.

Shjade

Unless ARAMs are considered tournament material, yeah, I still play without looking for tournament teams. ;p
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on November 09, 2012, 12:48:57 AM
Unless ARAMs are considered tournament material, yeah, I still play without looking for tournament teams. ;p

Do you play anything but ARAM?

Shjade

Not really. Vs. AI once a day for win of the day IP, but other than that, pretty much all ARAM all the time. Laning in normals is boring as hell by comparison and you don't have to worry about being in the wrong place at the wrong time to miss out on important teamfights on a map that's compressed to one lane. It's all the fun parts of a normal game (minus jungling if you're into that) with most of the dull parts cut out.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

It's all fun parts to me...

selvensound

I'd be interesting in some matches. I'm level 30, but still very nooby lol. Haven't found a champion I feel very confident in. I can do games where I obliterate them.. Then I get obliterated for the next week.. Lmao xD
O/O's

"If you won't take in the cold embrace of my darkness, you don't deserve the warmth of my light."

"Sleepwalk our lives away,
In search for shallow graves."

Panduhmoanium

Not sure if the ranked player witch hunt is over or not but I'm interested in playing some normals with some more E users, shoot me a pm if you'd like some company.

Ryven

Every time I get on, there is no one on to play with.  :[

SinXAzgard21

I made a second account in which I have started pvping and have not run into very many rude people.  Which in this game is really odd, but I'll just roll with it.  On this account I main Mundo and Gangplank with some Poppy on the side.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 27, 2012, 07:14:28 PM
I made a second account in which I have started pvping and have not run into very many rude people.  Which in this game is really odd, but I'll just roll with it.  On this account I main Mundo and Gangplank with some Poppy on the side.

You need to let people know your new account name.

apygoos

summoner name is same as it is on here. I dont play ranked, and i enjoy support, tanks and solo mid/top, ADC and jungling are NOT my strongsuit, level 25
my strong characters are:
Volibear
Maokai
Malphite [Tankphite mode engage]
Garen
Malzahar
Lux
Sona
Soraka
and currently looking into Nami, whenever she emerges.

Also is jungle Fiora viable? im trying to find someone that I can learn the jungle well with and enjoy.

Panduhmoanium

When it comes to jungling you're looking for someone with cc. Though, if other people in your lanes have a stun or something you can't get away from a fiora with red buff. She's pretty much a high burst duelist so she excels in top lane and not so much in team fights unless you're able to aim carries and take as little cc as possible. In your list you have volibear malphite and Maokai which are all great jungles. Maokai is a commonly used jungle in tournament play actually. The main thing you have to pay attention to with jungle is enemy ward placement/ general vision. If you understand this and have competent teammates you should at least force the enemies summoner spells with most if not all of your ganks. I'd suggest looking up stonewall or theoddone on YouTube and watching some of his jungle videos before trying a new champ.

apygoos

oh well what do ya know, malphite commentary is video 1, thanks for the pointers