News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

I've come to realize I am pretty terrible with anyone other than Caitlyn, Soraka or Sona... >>;;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Revelation

Practice makes perfect. If you want to learn other champions, do a bot game or two to learn the basics but then focus on pvp, because that will give you the best information on how to play someone.  Its been almost a month since i've played pvp though, i've just been doing daily FDB bot games with friends...

The Golden Touch

Well you see, I don't pvp at all really. It can literally send me into anxiety attacks. The hubby looked at me after our first pvp game and I was shaking.

Aiden

Pvp aint for everyone, I actually don't mind it. But it brings the worst out in people, luckily the tribunal system does bring down the hand of justice!

Shjade

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 17, 2013, 12:40:54 PM
Well you see, I don't pvp at all really. It can literally send me into anxiety attacks. The hubby looked at me after our first pvp game and I was shaking.

I used to be the same way. I'm considerably more stable now, but confrontation still gets me way over the top on adrenaline when it gets "serious." It's one of the major reasons I don't try to play competitively - no WoW arena, no ranked LoL, etc. I don't need that kind of stress in my gaming. x.x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aiden on April 17, 2013, 12:59:58 PM
Pvp aint for everyone, I actually don't mind it. But it brings the worst out in people, luckily the tribunal system does bring down the hand of justice!

Nope, that is a lie.  As long as people can smurf the tribunal will never actually work.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 17, 2013, 12:33:10 PM
I've come to realize I am pretty terrible with anyone other than Caitlyn, Soraka or Sona... >>;;

Not if you practice. :-)  You should try Karma.  She's fun now that they changed her.

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 17, 2013, 04:59:27 PM
Nope, that is a lie.  As long as people can smurf the tribunal will never actually work.

Yeah, smurfing kinda sucks.

SinXAzgard21

I actually don't like Karma's rework.

Revelation

I do think the recent change to how punishment works in the tribunal might make it better, we'll see.

As for Karma, I liked her rework but she's weak right now. The big problem with her before was that apparently, they really couldn't just do some minor updates to her. Buffing her made her totally broken, and I can see how that would happen. She just got some buffs on the PBE, and they can tweak her new skill set much more readily.

ninseineon

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 17, 2013, 12:33:10 PM
Oh hey, those are my champs too! You should try Nami. She's a ton of fun and can just ruin a team fight for the enemy team. I caught all five in bubbles at once in one fight and we just rocked them.

Kaedia

So.... for anyone who watches the LCS here a bit of a spoiler if you didn't see the game that was just played...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Good Game University beat out Curse. I did not see that coming. I had GGU pegged as one of the weakest (if not the weakest) team in the LCS. To see them take down the number one seat down... it was pretty impressive. I have to admit though I don't like Curse that much so it's always fun to watch them lose. Saintvicious and Elementz... bleh... I like VoyMAN though.

Today was a good day.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Shjade

That is a surprise. Nifty. I think the only team I actively dislike in the LCS is CLG because they're just...so overrated and I can't figure out why. Particularly Hotshot. So I always enjoy watching the replays where they get stomped into the ground. =D
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

I'm not a fan of CLG either. Nothing really against any of the players (probably because I haven't seen much of them outside of the LCS like I have Curse) but it's their tactic; protect the Doublelift. It's so bland and uninteresting. It works and I think that is the most annoying thing. In most games they go four champs who can support Doublelift and then Doublelift on his hyper-carry AD (usually). Going back to Curse briefly Elementz rubs me the wrong way. I absolutely hate his attitude. Then there is Saintvicious. After listening in on his scrims I wonder how he even has a team.

If I picked out my favorite LCS player it'd be skumbag Krepo and the Russian overlord EDward. Supports don't get enough credit and those too pull off some interesting things that make for an eventful game most of the time.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: ninseineon on April 17, 2013, 08:00:15 PM
Oh hey, those are my champs too! You should try Nami. She's a ton of fun and can just ruin a team fight for the enemy team. I caught all five in bubbles at once in one fight and we just rocked them.

Sin played Nami for me to see her, and I really didn't like her as a support. My first pvp game I played Irelia and Sin played Gangplank but we were fighting a Quinn and an Akali on top. They got frustrated they couldn't get us... I never died! I got one kill during a team fight. Pvp just makes me nervous.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 17, 2013, 05:25:40 PM
I actually don't like Karma's rework.

I love her rework.  The only thing I don't like is that the delay on her soulflare between impact and second explosion is a tiny bit too long.  I'm pretty good with her either as a support or as AP.

SinXAzgard21

Shjade

Oh, Meta. I wish LoL could quit you.
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

Quote from: Ryven on April 17, 2013, 10:00:40 PM
I love her rework.  The only thing I don't like is that the delay on her soulflare between impact and second explosion is a tiny bit too long.  I'm pretty good with her either as a support or as AP.

I agree with this. I absolutely adore Karma now. I'm terrible with her but I love her. Her kit makes for a darn good support. She practically has a built in Shurelia's. She's not quite as good as Thresh in my opinion but she's better than a lot of people give her credit for I feel. Where Thresh can pull in a jungler for an epic gank she can speed boost them and with a jungler like, say, Hecarim it makes it really hard to escape a gank even if you see it coming.

@Sin -- The problem with that sort of idea is Riot doesn't officially support the meta. While I feel the idea would be awesome like the dungeon finder in World of Warcraft back when I played it'd just be awesome to have but it would give a sense of a forced meta.
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Zefie on April 17, 2013, 10:52:09 PM
I agree with this. I absolutely adore Karma now. I'm terrible with her but I love her. Her kit makes for a darn good support. She practically has a built in Shurelia's. She's not quite as good as Thresh in my opinion but she's better than a lot of people give her credit for I feel. Where Thresh can pull in a jungler for an epic gank she can speed boost them and with a jungler like, say, Hecarim it makes it really hard to escape a gank even if you see it coming.

@Sin -- The problem with that sort of idea is Riot doesn't officially support the meta. While I feel the idea would be awesome like the dungeon finder in World of Warcraft back when I played it'd just be awesome to have but it would give a sense of a forced meta.

Just something a friend posted on Facebook.  Don't really care about meta and the like, nor what Riot does or does not support.  All I care about is that they stop letting douche bags have more than one account.

Revelation

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 17, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

I'd really hope something like this would never happen. That would basically stagnantly conform league of legends to this meta for the foreseeable future.

Shjade

@Ryven: that's because using her boosted Q is a trap. You're almost always better off using that on either the AE shield or the self-healing boosted tether. Pretty much the only use for the boosted Q is quickly clearing a minion wave, and you can do that without wasting an ult charge.

If the second part of the boosted Q doesn't hit, a full-length boosted tether does more damage AND heals you if you're hurt AND snares the target for your team to pile on. There's really no comparison.
◕/◕'s

ofDelusions

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 17, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

Is this real? please let this be real. Sick and tired of people deciding to troll because someone else took their role.

apygoos

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 17, 2013, 11:45:10 PM
I'd really hope something like this would never happen. That would basically stagnantly conform league of legends to this meta for the foreseeable future.
i disagree, i hope this happens [if only at least for draft pick/ranked] because things would go much, much smoother. I think just better wording for top and mid need to be established. As an example, me as a support player, can go wherever the hell i want. It is normally strongest if the support is with the AD carry. i some cases though [like ifmy AD is being a hopeless cunt] ill go and support mid, or top. In this scenario i still have my role, but go wherever the hell I please.

even then with this system it lets more reasonable people come in and play [most of the time, no system is 100% If you wanted to "change the meta" you likely would need full agreement from your team anyway, or you likely would still have someone flame and troll you throughout the game. If anything this new system, if it ever would get implemented [Riot pls], would allow more for meta shift, as more reasonable people would likely be in queue together.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on April 18, 2013, 12:07:41 AM
@Ryven: that's because using her boosted Q is a trap. You're almost always better off using that on either the AE shield or the self-healing boosted tether. Pretty much the only use for the boosted Q is quickly clearing a minion wave, and you can do that without wasting an ult charge.

If the second part of the boosted Q doesn't hit, a full-length boosted tether does more damage AND heals you if you're hurt AND snares the target for your team to pile on. There's really no comparison.

Her mantra Q does ass loads of damage which is why I use it in conjunction with her W to snare and blast them in the face with it right before they are tethered.  That's the point of her combo when building her for AP damage.  I can do over 1k damage with only decent gear at mid level with her mantra Q alone and that doesn't include the added damage from the W.  No comparison?  I beg to differ given that I've taken out many a champion with that combo.

Darkcide

I need to get back into playing, I've been on a hiatus for a hot minute now due to the chuds in the community.