News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

I've been playing a lot of 1v1 and 2v2 Proving Grounds games lately. Not sure why, just kinda felt like it.

Currently sitting on something like a 13-0 record in 1v1. Whee.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Yup tried to play again, lost two in a row.  Quit.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

ninseineon

Aww, I do that too. Its no fun getting stomped all the time. Though I'm terrible and if I lose too many in a row, I'll play beginner bots just so I can feel like a good player. No challenge, but sometimes it's nice to do the stomping.

So who here bought Zac? I've been watching the mister play him and he looks really fun. I almost want to learn to jungle so I have an excuse to play him, haha!

Serenitey

I get a good couple games in a night, it is my little addiction of a game.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: ninseineon on April 02, 2013, 02:05:50 PM
Aww, I do that too. Its no fun getting stomped all the time. Though I'm terrible and if I lose too many in a row, I'll play beginner bots just so I can feel like a good player. No challenge, but sometimes it's nice to do the stomping.

So who here bought Zac? I've been watching the mister play him and he looks really fun. I almost want to learn to jungle so I have an excuse to play him, haha!

Yeah, I can't play bots.  Too slow for me.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

ofDelusions

Quote from: ninseineon on April 02, 2013, 02:05:50 PM

I don't have him but I regularly play with two people who have him. One because he is fun other because he is fun AND OP. Atleast according t ohim, though I am not inclined to disbelieve him atm. So good iniating potential and aoe dmg o.o

Panduhmoanium

He's a fun champ. I'm not too good with him but I know it's a pain in the ass to play against him... Almost forced to rush a BOTRK as ADC so you can counter his high HP and have a way to get away from the bastard.

Shjade

So there's a 1v1 tournament today (Saturday) and, as a result, a lot of people were playing 1v1 custom games to practice.

After having beaten every person whose game I joined (most of them in a complete shutout), I'm thinking I should've entered. :| Oh well.
◕/◕'s

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Shjade on April 06, 2013, 02:19:23 AM
So there's a 1v1 tournament today (Saturday) and, as a result, a lot of people were playing 1v1 custom games to practice.

After having beaten every person whose game I joined (most of them in a complete shutout), I'm thinking I should've entered. :| Oh well.

We should 1v1 sometime.

Shjade

I should have some time this afternoon if you'd like. Sent you a friend invite.
◕/◕'s

Panduhmoanium

I'm at work for another...6 hours or so but after 4 CST ill be down.

Panduhmoanium

Well, after getting my intoxicated ass whooped by Shjade last night I ended up finally getting into gold thanks to some silver d3 scrub. :P Not going to mention any names or anything.

Spell

Wheee, done with casting for the day *Collapses*
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Shjade

Y'know, when you plan for a game in advance, getting high beforehand is kinda no excuse... ;p
◕/◕'s

apygoos

7-1-23 thresh in ranked, feels good man

Shjade

So it turns out when you play Nunu in 1v1 games, people rage hard. >.>;
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

I'd imagine so. I know top lane he's a powerhouse against most champions. He has a slow (attack speed and movement), a heal, a move speed increase to help avoid ganks, and an ult that is a nuke if you don't have a champion who can escape it easily or stop it. I can't attest to his strength in legitimate 1v1s since I don't do them but in 5v5s he's a pretty strong pick if you know you have a good AD carry for late game. Around mid game he falls off and transitions into a support but if you do your job up to that point their top lane is vastly under farmed and not much of a threat while your AD carry gets a massive boost from the Blood Boil spam.

I know I hate fighting him top. It's not impossible by any stretch. It's just an annoyance.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Shjade

In 1v1's on Proving Grounds he also doesn't have to worry about being ganked and has relics for free mana, so...yeah, push all day, care about nothing, at least until your opponent has enough damage to burst you down if they ever get to that point or just out-push you. Played against one guy who was all upset about me "trolling" him with Nunu and demanded a rematch to make Nunu lose, wherein he picked Yorick.

Still killed him for an end score of something like 5-2, but eventually he just started blowing his ult to suicide down turrets. Kinda lame as tactics go, but hey, if it works.
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

Yeah in 5v5s you have to rely a lot on his passive at least until you get a Chalice. Once you have the chalice it's spam town. One champion I've seen lately that has a decent fight potential against Nunu is Mordekaiser funny enough. I hadn't saw the metal man in forever but when I did see him he rolled over a Nunu early game. His shield absorbs enough of Nunu's damage that it comes down to a straight farm lane where Morde just wins out.

I'd say like 90% of all matchups it comes down to skill. If the two players are of equivalent skill levels with the respective champions I'd say the Morde would stand a better chance at winning. It's not a lane impossible for Nunu as long as the Nunu player has enough experience to know what he's doing. Uhhhggh... solo que nightmares... people in my bracket seem to rarely understand you don't have to constantly skirmish your lane to win. If you are in a weak lane all you need to do is farm and play safe until the laning phase ends. Mid game is a different beast.

I think the last time I 1v1ed anyone was... hmmm... was when Vi released. Me and my friend had a 1v1 to test her out. Yeah that would be the last time. We didn't 1v1 Thresh, Quinn, or Zac.

If I lose a match up I don't go complaining to my enemy. Seems very counter productive. All deaths can be traced back to something you did wrong even if it was a small thing. Learn from it and move on. It can be disheartening to be beat down all lane phase but it's not the end of the world. It's like, oh I got beat? Okay I know what not to do next time I match up against <insert champion>.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

Shjade

Honestly still not sure what I'd do against a Yorick that stacks lifesteal when playing Nunu. I just couldn't duel him through all that lifesteal after a certain point and I couldn't push past him, so. xD

Morde I dunno. He'd probably have to win via pushing, too; I don't think he has enough burst to straight-up kill Nunu through his sustain, but maybe.
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

The only way Nunu dies in the Morde vs Nunu fight is if Nunu over agresses from what I've seen. It's a big stalemate and Morde has a better time pushing than Nunu does. Morde has mock sustain with that shield which absorbs a good chuck of snowball damage and even a fully channelled Nunu ult if the shield is full which is pretty easy since Nunu has to stand still and gives Morde ample time to use his skills to beef up the shield. Vice versa the only way Morde dies is if he decided to over aggres. It's a fight of who gets cocky first. To keep up with Morde's damage you'd have to level Q first and by doing that you give up on damage. If you prioritize E then you give up on the sustain and Morde will end up pushing you back if they are of equal skill. It's a tough fight. I'd agree though; it would be a push win.

Against a Yorick stacking lifesteal... Trying to think how I'd fight that top. That would be tough. He has so much built in sustain just like Nunu. Part of me wants to say Executioner's Calling is an option. AAs will apply the grievous wounds effect which would help but that means nothing if you aren't AAing him a lot. Even then it's a lot of wasted stats for just the effect. Morellonomicon is an option but they have to be below 40% and in sustain wars you are usually either 100% or dead. I honestly don't know. In a 5v5 I'd just be passive and wait for the jungler. In a 1v1 since you don't have that jungler presence you'd have to find a way to make something happen.
My Status:
Open.

Shjade

I'm thinking I'd have been able to fight him better if I'd gone for a gunblade sooner, but after a point I ended up with more gold than I could spend since I spent all his death time trying to clear minions out of my base. Should've just suicided sooner, let his minions push in exchange for getting a gunblade so I could sustain on both consume AND punching him in the face, even if it wasn't as much as he was getting off me in return (which was okay, since I'd be slowing him constantly), then maybe, maybe I'd be able to kill him fast enough face to face to prevent him from suicide-rushing turrets. But I dunno. It'd still be rough.
◕/◕'s

Hellis

I am currently 14 - 14 in ranked for this season. I dread solo queing ranks, it is goddamn painfull at times.

Kaedia

I find solo queue really isn't any worse than normals. I just tend to expect more when I ranked so I'm more easily let down than when I play normals. I had to check and see what my ranked stats were out of curiosity. This season I'm 36-34. Last season I was 146-135. Season one I was 284-276.
My Status:
Open.

Aiden

Quote from: apygoos on April 07, 2013, 09:39:50 PM
7-1-23 thresh in ranked, feels good man

If you are a jungle thresh, then hats off to you good sir.

I have been lucky to run into AMAZING thresh and Nautliaus junglers, who WRECK face so hard.