[NCES] A fiendish employer with a job of Epic proportions

Started by kongming, June 30, 2009, 10:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkforged Dove

Welcome to the Wish Economy.

You entered it as soon as you could cast Planeshift and beat the shit out of sniveling Efreeti under your iron treads. No, you do not "stab them in the face", you beat them up. If you stabbed them in the face, then they can't go "oh please! please! anything! just don't beat me any more! I'll even grant you wishes!"; and that's precisely what happens. If you're nice, you let them create a massive gem worth 25,000 gp, and give it to them for their troubles. Which will start again once 24 hours pass, and you want to milk the Efreeti for some more wishes.

Or.... if you happen to be an intelligent raccoon druid, and a baby-bullette riding gargoyle paladin, and you "just so happen" to score a room full of emeralds from a Nalfeshnee overlord (mayor) for "services rendered" and "company provided"; and then you hired a Cleric to just gate in a bunch of Noble Djinni.

That can work as well.

My gaming group has sickeningly huge amounts of humanism, generosity, respect for creatures of all levels of intelligence and willingness to not kill other creatures whenever there's no reason to do so. I blame myself for fostering all of those character traits, both when I GM or play.

Hmm, looking at my character sheet so far, I have some stuff to put in, and I need to re-do his stats, and I've got a list of "wooden nickel" gear that's uhm... a bit long (folding boats, oars of speed, wooly hats of breathing air, survival pouches, boxes that make food, magical sleeping bags; a stone warhorse, and little magical horsie shoes for making it fly....

Shit, the idea of a flying horsie gave me an idea. I should get Command, and make an NPC mount for my cohort. A flying horsie is a good opportunity to introduce Phrennzy, the Asperii barbarian, who is a pretty, pretty, horsie. That likes boy horsies. Who is also a boy. He'll have a massive pile of rage dice, 3 natural attacks, able to fly naturally, and can easily fit in a few awesome feats. I'd make him look all dark though, Adamanitine barding is sort of awesome if you're a Blitzing Barbarian... .... gay flying ponie... with a crazy man that thinks they're a spider riding on your back.

Or... I could have Needleteeth as a cohort. Which would make sense since Merhault is awesome, but he's also insane, and a curmudgeon like Needleteeth can come in handy... but Needleteeth is fucking creepy, and this is coming from the person who made him up too. >_>
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

kongming

Dove: I'm going to nod and smile for most of what you said there.

Jera and DarkTide: you two still interested?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Darkforged Dove

I'm a giant juggernaut o' text here, but then, you already knew that, didn't you?

Some further questions:

Feats

The Painmonger feat that was once written up; is it alright? I've never had a chance to try it out.

Also, Mental Weaponry, and Mental Armour feats. Are they okay?

Yes, I want to get 3 Concentration-based skill feats on a non-spellcaster. They'll give him a tons of resilience, and better damage.

Gear

Starmantle Cloak it's 125k; non-magic weapons/missles deal no damage; magical melee attacks and magical missiles allow me a DC 15 reflex to dodge and save for half damage. Yes, acid flasks and all that shit deals no damage. It's the most awesome item for the party tank to wear.

1) Does this affect spell/i] ranged touch attacks, since they are "magical missles" (and with this characters saves; and feats, he can probably march against almost any army with impunity. His reflex saves are Tumble checks; and his saving throws against effects that kill him outright can be replaced with concentration checks.

because

2) This isn't perfect. Natural attacks still get you, so normal stuff like miss-chance or being always invisible is key

TL;DR: Immune to mundane attack; weak to natural attacks; DC 15 vs Magical attack, will you let take 1/2 damage. Will you let stuff like the an Orb or Ray spell be dodgeable with this item, since they're Magical Missiles?

QuoteStarmantle Cloak
(BoED p116)
Black cloak with tiny stars.
Gives off light as a torch.

Non-magic weapons & missiles that hit the
wearer are destroyed & do no damage.
If hit by a magic weapon or missile, the
wearer gets a Reflex save vs. DC 15 for ½
damage.

Type: Spell Effect
Magic: Mod Abj
Caster Level: 11
Req: Craft Wondrous Item, Starmantle , 66,000 gp 5,280 xp
Market Value: 132,000

Whip-Daggers: They're just like whips, with 15' of range, always count as threatening the region that you can reach with them, and count as ranged weapons that you can use in melee.

Do you mind them showing up in both bladed, and blunt-weight tipped versions?

(TLDR: will you allow me to deal slashing/bludgeoning damage with a 'ranged' weapon that goes to 15 feet, and can be used at melee range?)

Spell Effects

Also, how is displacement/concealment going to stack? In order that effects were cast, or what? Can a person cast Mirror Image; get 5 illusions; and then cast Imp. Invis. so that they go invisible; while the illusions remain; and keep acting like decoys? So, it's first 5 of your doubles have to be seen through, before people realize that you're not really there?

Damage Dealt

Through a combination of a few feats... okay, a bunch of feats, I'm looking at what could be a big number per swing.

Feats: Blitz: +19 damage; Point Blank Shot: +19; Painmonger: +23; Mental Weaponry: +24; with a whip-dagger; that's +1d6

84 + 1d6
+2 Combat School
+8 Int Modifier (Intelligent Fighter)
+1 Subtle Cut
=95 + 1d6 damage

Per swing. In Force damage. With TWF, and BaB of 19; that's 8 attacks per round; some more if Haste occurs. Per round this guy can deal 760 damage; or 190 to anything and everything in a 30' wide swathe along a distance that I'm charging through.

Yes, I got him near infinite flying to make sure that this guys damage remains high. It's on Hippogriffs, but at 10k each, and able to be carried in 1" long statuettes, I don't see how my character can't keep reaching into a of holding bag stuffed with Hippogriffs and keep summoning more.
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

kongming

1.Where did those three feats end up?

2. Not the DC 15 save, that's just plain retarded. You can take damage as normal from anything magical. Actually, I'll let it provide DR 15/- and Universal Energy Resistance 15 against magical weapons/effects.

3. Whip-daggers of bludgeoning and slashing types are fine, but it sounds retarded. Call them knouts or scourges or something. Seriously, if you've seen a Russian knout (and heard the tales of executions back in the Sovjet era), you'll believe that some whips can deal real damage even against armoured foes.

4. Displacement/Concealment combined just ups the miss chance, though it caps out at 50% so you're wasting your time on enemies that are affected equally by both. However, these types of spells all affect you in order of casting. Mirror Images, as it states in the description, all look like you and move as you do, etc. So what'd actually happen is they'd all turn invisible.

5. Read the goddamn ballpark figures again. Those are not only minimums. I am not dropping Paragon Hellfire Engines for you to fight while everyone else takes on CR 20 enemies.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Muse

kong-chan!  *pounce!*  Why didn't you tell me you were doing anythin this cool! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kongming

Actually, I was just about to go through a list of people who I know like D&D. Excellent, THIS MEANS YOU ARE IN AND CAN NOT BACK OUT NOW, HAHAHA.

Ons/Offs:

Darkforged Dove

1.Where did those three feats end up?

I'll post them at the end

2. Not the DC 15 save, that's just plain retarded. You can take damage as normal from anything magical. Actually, I'll let it provide DR 15/- and Universal Energy Resistance 15 against magical weapons/effects.

The DC 15 reflex save is awesome though. It should be noted that Spells and Natural Attacks ignore this item completely. Blowing 132k GP for immunity to weapon attacks isn't a huge deal; I mean... we're level 20 right? Only other adventurers, or mooks will carry weapons at this level, right? Playing in Ubernoob's level 14 game has me much more frightened of natural weapons than anything else really; the elementals in his game had Weetodd-Str, and could scatter the PCs in all directions with their slam attacks.

Your game, so your rules though; the DR 15/- and ER 15/All is pretty handy. Great Fortitude pushes that to DR 20/-; and Painmonger brings it up to 31/-. Which isn't too bad for level 20, I might even survive a dragon's full attack sequence for a single round. Might being the operative word, not survive.

3. Whip-daggers of bludgeoning and slashing types are fine, but it sounds retarded. Call them knouts or scourges or something. Seriously, if you've seen a Russian knout (and heard the tales of executions back in the Sovjet era), you'll believe that some whips can deal real damage even against armoured foes.

Yeah, the Roman legions had this thing with beating troops that slept on guard duty. To death. With a length of grape vine. It was apparently a really shitty, painful, and long way to die. People always seem to think Indiana Jones when they hear the word "whip"; Dr. Jones used a bull whip, for taming animals. A completely non-combat thing that was meant so sound scary.

In any case I'll call them........

Penalores, because they.. uhm... penalize the people that they hit. With shame.... and death. Not because I want them to mock the fact that most in-game weapons are penis extensions by default.

4. Displacement/Concealment combined just ups the miss chance, though it caps out at 50% so you're wasting your time on enemies that are affected equally by both. However, these types of spells all affect you in order of casting. Mirror Images, as it states in the description, all look like you and move as you do, etc. So what'd actually happen is they'd all turn invisible.

Goddamnit. Wait. That's actually good. It means that my Illusionarry copies have +40 to their hide checks; and that people need to succeed on hide and listen checks before they can detect any of us. That's actually good. Really good.

5. Read the goddamn ballpark figures again. Those are not only minimums. I am not dropping Paragon Hellfire Engines for you to fight while everyone else takes on CR 20 enemies.

=^-^=

I got you upset before the game even started. Ok, knowing that I don't need to bring -that- much damage; I can drop feats that I don't care about; or not use bonus damage sources that I don't need. Also... I don't know what a Hellfire Engine is, but am intrigued.

Also... whoops. I looked up that Great Wyrm Red Dragon again; while they can grapple-pwn my fighter, my fighter can kill it in one round. It's HP and AC are low enough to have that happen.

Painmonger [Skill]

Being hurt doesn't really affect you.

Benefit: You gain Concentration as a class skill and can make Concentration checks using one of your mental ability scores [the mental ability score is selected when this feat is selected and cannot be changed without DM approval]

4: Scar Tissue: Scarred tissue is much tougher than normal tissue. Broken bones heal more solidly and stronger than unbroken bones. You gain DR X/-, where X is equal to 1/2 your ranks in Concentration. You may choose to have this ability active or not on any attack that you sustain, but must decide before the damage is determined.

Pain is nothing: Being cut, mangled, bruised, charred or frozen doesn't just harm you, it focuses your mind and actions with terrible resolve
If you do not use your Scar Tissue ability and take damage from a Physical attack or take damage from any non-Physical source, you gain +1 to all of your Attack, Caster level, Damage, Skill check and Saving Throw dice rolls for the next minute. This ability can be used more than once and the bonus increases each time you use it, your maximum bonus is equal to one half your ranks in Concentration.

9: Touch of pain: You've experienced enough pain to know how to harm others without weapons. With just a touch you can jab at nerves, punch organs close to the skin and threaten weak points such as eyes, ears or noses.
You can make touch attacks that injure. As an attack action, you may make a touch attack that deals damage equal to a concentration check. This damage may be lethal or subdual damage and bypasses no Damage Reduction unless your natural attacks can already do so. This ability only affects creatures that can feel pain.

Painful Strikes: You know how strike your enemies to really hurt them with your weapon attacks.
All of your attacks against creatures that can feel pain may deal an additional amount of damage up to your ranks in Concentration. This bonus damage cannot be multiplied or increased in any manner.

14: Internal Scars: The mental damage and traumatic events that you have been victim to, been a part of or witnessed no longer harm you the same as they would affect others.
You can make Concentration checks in place of Saving Throws against effects that would instantly kill you.

The DC of the skill check is equal to the the Saving Throw DC required to survive. If you fail the check, you instead take one point of damage per caster level of the effect that you were trying to save against (or Hit Dice of the creature that was using the ability against you) and 1d4 points of damage to one ability score (chosen by you each time this occurs).

You are immune to fear effects and enchantments.

19: Masochism: You know that pain focuses you. Now you deal it to yourself in order to be at your peak whenever you choose.
You can attack yourself up to your number of attacks per round. Attacking yourself in this manner is a non-action that provokes attacks of opportunity per attack that you perform on yourself. Your bonus to dice rolls granted by your Pain is nothing ability is equal to the damage that you take on any attack, with the same limitations to the size of the bonus. 

Note: You may always choose to deal minimal damage (1 damage) on any attack that you do. This rule does not usually get mentioned because usually you want to deal the most damage possible.

Mental Weaponry [Skill: Concentration]

Benefit: As an free action action, you may create any melee or thrown weapon or weapons which you are proficient with in your main hand and/or your off hand(s). You may only do create a Mental Weapon once per attack that you make.

This weapon or weapons have all the attributes of the original and deal damage as if they were a normal weapon of it's type. You may dismiss these weapons as a free action. If any weapon ever leaves your grasp or is destroyed, it dissipates until you create a new one.

It has a hardness and hit point value equal to what normal weapon that you are creating would have. A mental weapon cannot be augmented by any spell that affects real weapons, however it may be damaged or destroyed by abilities that would affect an object.

Your Mental Weaponry, or any melee or thrown weapon you wield, counts as it were a Magic weapon, or as if you had cast Greater Magic Weapon with a caster level equal to your character level. The benefits of this feat dissipate if a wielded weapon is wielded by an other creature and do not apply to wielded ranged weapon attacks such as bows or crossbows, unless they are used as melee weapons.

Concentration also becomes a class skill for you at all levels.

This ability is based of of your ranks in the Concentration Skill as noted below.

Ranks: Benefit

4: You can ranged attacks with your Mental Weapons or wielded weapons. If the weapon you wish to attack with does not normally have a range increment, it now has a range increment of 10 feet. The Mental Weapons or wielded weapon never actually leaves your hand, you simply can make ranged attacks with it instead of melee attacks. In addition, your Mental Weapon and wielded weapons deal 1 additional point of damage per 2 ranks you have in the Concentration Skill.

9: Your Mental Weaponry and Wielded weapon is treated as though it were a Force effect and it deal Force damage. [Note: this is now an energy type and thus bypasses DR and Hardness, it can also hit incorporeal targets]

14: With Mental Weaponry and wielded weapons, your range increments with your thrown attacks doubles, your reach with melee attacks increases by 5 feet. In addition your Mental Weaponry deals extra damage per hit equal to your ranks in concentration; this replaces the similar benefit gained at 4 ranks in concentration.

19: Your Mental Weaponry can strike targets with Touch Attacks you only can deal any damage that this feat gives you, plus precision damage of any kind, strength, power attack, blitz, rage dice and similar abilities cannot be used in order to deal damage if you use your Mental Weaponry as a touch attack.

Your wielded weapons may perform touch attacks as well, and while they may still affect attacked creatures with their special effects, they are restricted by with the same restrictions as your Mental Weaponry would have regarding extra damage.

Special: A Samurai may use one set of Mental Weapons as his ancestral weapon, as long as its form is exalted by the Samurai's warrior culture. The Samurai may select more than one weapon to qualify; however all weapons thus chosen must be weapons that he can wield at the same time. Thus a Daisho (Katana and Wakisashi) is permissable for most creatures that can use two weapons. A Glaive and a Greatsword are not, unless the creature can wield both at the same time.

Mental Armour[Skill: Concentration]

Benefit: As an free action action, you may create a suit of armour around yourself as a full-round action, that appears like whatever type of armour you want it to look like. Cannot use this ability if you are already wearing armour. You gain an Armour Bonus of 4 + 1/2 your Ranks in the Concentration skill.

This armour is obvious, and faintly glows and glows with a soft light around you in a colour of your choice, or pale white. Suppressing this effect is a non-action. You may also wear other armour while your Mental Armour and Mental Sheild are active. The Bonuses to Armour Class is +1 when you wear an real suit of armour.

Concentration also becomes a class skill for you at all levels.

This ability is based of of your ranks in the Concentration Skill as noted below.

Ranks: Benefit

4: Your Mental Armour takes a standard action to appear. You can manifest a sheild if you are not carrying one, and it manifests when you summon your Mental Armour, or as a free action if your armour is already active, the Sheild bonus to AC is 1 + 1/2 your ranks in Concentration.

9: Your Mental Armour, and sheild, takes a swift action to summon. Its Armour Class also now applies against Touch attacks.

The Bonuses to Armour Class and Sheild Armour Class are +4 and +2 Respectively when you wear an real suit of armour and carry a real sheild.

14: Your Mental Armour, and sheild, can be summoned as an Immediate action. You gain Energy Resistance Equal to the Armour Class that the Mental Armour provides. This does not stack with any other Energy Resistance that is not Universal Energy Resistance.

The Bonuses to Armour Class and Sheild Armour Class are +6 and +3 respectively when you wear an real suit of armour or use a real sheild.

19: Your Mental Armour, and sheild, are a non-action to summon, and may be created before you are hit by an attack or effect.

The Bonuses to Armour Class and Sheild Armour Class are 2/3 of your Ranks in Concentration when you wear an real suit of armour or use a real sheild.

kongming

Okay, the feats are fine/cool. Just keep the numbers in mind.

Penalores sounds fine. And I kind of hope penal and penile do not have similar roots. Like, at all.

And yes, I was a bit pissed. Because I put those numbers up for a reason, and sort of expected you to know exactly why I did that (coming from TGD, where we all acknowledge that players have to be playing the same game). Note that you can even take all the random abilities and stuff and just put artificial caps on them, for all I care - as long as you stay in the limits, it's all good.

Now, to work out a race for Muse.

Ons/Offs:

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

I'd be interested if you are still looking for more.  Looking to play a sorcerer turned Rainbow Servant, so I will be able to cast heal spells in addition to the sorcerer spell list.  Is it okay if I am below your ballpark values but have other things to make up for it?  For example, my saves are all just under 20, but I also have 30 energy resist to all.  I mean, casters are by nature more vulnerable, but have powerful spells to make up for it.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Darkforged Dove

Kckolbe,

You can get your saves up higher.

Greater Resistance, Spell Strike weapons; that's an easy +11 right there.

Also KcKolbe, what sort of spells are you looking to pick up overall? I've got a couple links to what I consider to be the best guides on spell choices that I've ever seen that I could show you.

Damage and.... ?

I should also note that I've got Trapfinding; Sensing, Combat/Threat awareness and Trap disabling all either solved, or greatly resolved.

Nothing that gets within 60' and means to hurt me will go unnoticed. Usually, I'd be included in "the party". So, unless people have extremely prejudiced nemesii in their background, you should be fine.

I'll probably also be doing back-up heals.

Stuff I'll be bringing to the group include:

-Trapfinding
-Scouting
-'Some' tanking; I can tank, but I'm not... ok i've got about 227 HP before buffs; but that's including a +6 item; and a +5 Inherent Bonus.
-Enough melee/ranged damage to affect terrain (760 raw; 920 with full Power attacking; so Unhewn Stone can be burrowed through at a rate of just 'over' 5' per 6 seconds; I'll be calling for a lot less damage on monsters)
-Flying
-Lots of stored supplies/gear
-Backup spell casting (buffs, haels, decursing)

kckolbe

I actually have +5 to saves from an item.  I'm not too worried about it right now, as I can probably get something to boost his fort save, which is all I care about.  As for spells, he has access to the healing domain, and I haven't really committed yet.  Expecting to be the generalist caster for now.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

TheVillain

Another healer? I'd complain, but from the sound of things we might need 2. Hello.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Darkforged Dove

Well... the +resistance bonus is handy; but with a +1 Spell Strike weapon (Free by the way; since it's under 15k gp); with a Greater Magic Weapon cast on it; is a +5 Competence Bonus to saves; Greater Resistance you can cast off of a scroll. You'd save on an expensive magical item at the very least, plus get a slightly higher bonus. That's my thoughts on the matter at least.

I'm assuming that as a sorcerer, you'll probably use a lot of scrolls to give you more breadth to your spell list.

GrinningHound

Ugh...wishes.  The 9th level wizard in my tabletop group just Planar Binding'd an Efreet and abused that garbage.....why don't DM's lay the beatdown on people who try to abuse the cosmos?  Maybe the Efreeti have some sort of UBER GROUP who hunts and murders people who try to do that kind of stuff?  If I were the DM they would...   ;D

Anyway, I was just reading the thread, wishing I could play, but I'm not much for looking through books and compiling gigantic ridiculous numbers...and I've never played much past like...10th level, so I wouldn't even know where to start with these big items and stuff.

Darkforged Dove

Play a Races of War Barbarian. It's a snap, and you'll chew through anything no sweat. Plus you also get nice skill and gear options. Hide/Move Silently are very nice; and Adamantine armour is very handy.

Seriously, play a RoW barbarian that's level 20. I've never seen that, I'd have made one for this, but the "Merhault" character is one that I've used off and on in different games.

kongming

Quote from: GrinningHound on July 13, 2009, 07:10:11 PM
Ugh...wishes.  The 9th level wizard in my tabletop group just Planar Binding'd an Efreet and abused that garbage.....why don't DM's lay the beatdown on people who try to abuse the cosmos?

Probably because it really doesn't hurt the game (and the alternative - letting people just save up/sell all their old stuff and buy really big weapons or craft them themselves - does more damage), and helps establish the party as being beyond petty affairs of wealth at a certain level.

Seriously, ~10th level you can turn your nose up when a creepy guy offers you "more money than you could dream of" in return for slaughtering the innocent, and you can actually have dragons lying on mountains of gold (currently, a Colossal dragon doesn't have enough gold to fill a king-sized mattress for a human. So that's not even a pillow for a dragon that big).

Likewise you can have palaces of gold, with diamond windows and so on, and the players won't stop in the middle of the game to strip the walls down for wealth, and all because money no longer matters. So it helps the game, and it helps set the PCs up as AWESOME (which they are at that level. If you think they're playing Lord of the Rings at level 10, you're wrong.) and actually lets them deal with powerful beings instead of beady eyed merchants.

Ons/Offs:

Darkforged Dove

I'll also add that the best things about using the wish economy as the standard is that you can seriously have conversastions like this:

[This happened after the PCs fought and drove off a large black dragon at level 6-ish; I played the dragon as wanting to survive the encounter. So it escaped, it wasn't killed.]

1/2 Barbarian: So.... the Dragon ran off..... what did it leave behind?

GM (me): Hmm... the hoard of gold it was on, and you guys climbed was about 15' by 15'.... so.... probably 10 million gp

1/2 Barbarian: [makes a horrible look of disgust] Out of character, I never thought I would ever say this.... but.... I don't care about the gold; what real treasure did it drop?

GM : Let's see.... some minor stuff; a suit of armour, and a magic staff of wizard spells.

1/2 Barbarian: Ohm nom nom nom nom, magic staff.

Monk (who hadn't gotten Wish econ access yet): Oh yeah! Gold!

Human Wizard; Gargoyle Paladin; Awakened Raccoon Druid: Yeah..... you can keep that man.

Monk: Yeah! I'm gonna buy some +2 stat items; and a ring of protection and shit

Rest of the party: Uhm.... all the guys we face now usually have stuff like that, and we never bother looting them anymore, they're worthless.

Monk: Well I want all of my stats higher.

Rest of PCs: If you stay on the ball, we can help you out, you're just slacking right now.

He... sort of was; I brought him to the Wish Econ after that session; I don't let players get Wish Econ at very low levels (7-ish) but around level 10 I bring everyone into it.

Having the players talk about all of the "worthless gold" that they find is actually really good for the game. It means that a lot of needless beancounting gets eliminated, and that the DM can seriously have a room studded in Emeralds, and the players won't loot it.

kckolbe

By the way Villain, my char heals as a secondary role if we already have a healer.  I don't have a magic weapon, and would be interested in one with a bonus to saves.  What exactly does spell strike do?

Intro Thread

Darkforged Dove

Spellstrike (MIC, p44) :- **** Another winner. Better still, it does not state this has to be wielded to be used. (See your DM before spending your cash!)

http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-642656.html

It's a Magic Item Compendium ability. It's a +1 ability, that lets the owner add the bonus of the item to your saving throws. GMW is good for synergizing with this.

This costs you nearly nothing btw. It's a +2 weapon (8,000 gp), and a scroll of GMW, cast at a 20th caster level is 1,500 gp; this is one tenth the cost of the maximum value that an Efreeti can give (15,000 gp). You could easily ask for a scroll with several spells on it. Major scrolls can hold up to 6 spells on them (9,000 gp value). So you really don't need dozens of scrolls. Really, only just a few. Probably one for each big spell that you want to carry into an adventure.

The Res spells are more expensive.

kongming

Okay, it looks like we could have 5 players after all. This is good. And the sooner all are complete, the sooner we can begin the game. I look forward to doing this.

Ons/Offs:

kongming

Attention, duelists! My hair is demanding all active players report in so I know what's going on! I was hoping to get things started before now...

Ons/Offs:

Darkforged Dove

I think that I've got enough ranks in Craft to spare some towards Craft (Hair).

I'm in, and only wild grontags could pull Mer' out. Probably not though, I'm pretty sure Merhault could kill 'em.

Bayushi

kongming

Sure is - currently, I have character sheets from TheVillain and Darkforged Dove, and I'm going to prod Muse and kckolbe a bit, and a few others previously expressed interest but then dropped off the map/told me they wouldn't be playing.

I have no qualms with you joining, Akiko.

Ons/Offs: