Winter Chilled Steel {D&D 4e - Interest and Recruitment}

Started by Ershin, June 26, 2011, 10:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBeast

I'm going to have to withdraw, unfortunately. I just do not have time to do this justice. Real life..sighs....

Ershin

Thank you for your early interest EvilBeast, sorry to see you leaving.

Now than, EVERYONE ELSE, the recruit period is now over. Due to the scant interest in the subject, whose that have expressed interest and confirmed it after the call last week have been chosen for the game. The list of actors shall therefore include;
Ixy as Ithi'Ka striker
Changingsaint as Gale striker / defender?
Oral addiction as Vatra defender
Katina Tarask as Knave striker
Marlow as Gwendolyn controller
and maybe Black Howling?  I'm not sure if he still desires to play, but as he mentioned he desired to play a leader role, we'll see if he can make the ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE, as listed below.

I wasn't sure about taking a sixth player because I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage everyone and combat will likely drag on forever if too many are about, but I'll always worry that the team doesn't have a leader to help the rest of you out.
the option I'm considering should Mr. Howling decide to not join us is to shove a companion character / NPC at you, and let one of you control them during combat so I'm not playing both sides. The problem with that, however, is that the player who takes the companion will be pulling double the work and may not be overly familiar with the mechanics of the companion.

Those of you who have completed your backgrounds should expect a PM from me by Monday with a fixed version of the background template. It is... an EMBARRASSMENT on my part to have created something which is so... broken. I'm considering adding in a stat block section, but... ugh, the way I have it now it's so FIDDLY and not at all user friendly because all BBCode makes it hard to see where things need to go, and I'm not releasing yet another broken table. I mean it looks nice, but that functionality... I wouldn't force that on anyone.

Those of you who have yet to submit a sheet, please PM me with a link to one on Plot Hooks by Wednesday 27th July, 6pm (GMT+0)

Those of you who have yet to submit a background, please provide (preferably in the requested format) one by Tuesday 26th July, 6pm (GMT+0) as I wish to have time to read over it before the game begins, and see if subtle (or not so subtle) hints can be dropped early at any incorporation.
Should you not have a background prepared by this point, well... I'll leave it up to those who've worked on and completed theirs as to whether or not it's fair to include you. Fore warning of a late final submission due to real life commitments may yield leniency from your peers.

Black Howling

:-\ I was unsure you guys needed one. I never got an answer! *Grumble Grumble* I'll work up something here later today. ;)

Ixy

Black Howling

Sorry, my interest will need to be permanently retracted from this. At home issues with Funds are gonna be taking much of my time.  :'(