Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Plot Idea

Your GMs - SweetSerenade and Rogue of TimeWimey Stuff. If you send one a message about something in the RP, you send it to both of them. We will not approve of anyone playing the 'mommy/daddy said' game with us.

Dark Times Rising is a Literate AU Marauders Era Roleplay idea that I have tried to implement before, but have not found a community with dedicated or talented enough writing. AU means Alternate Universe, meaning it will not follow everything that actually happened in the Marauder's Era of the Novels. BUT there will be rules applied. I don't care if Canon couples are broken up, but you damn well better follow Character Personalities (Example: Sirius is a man whore - and was well known for it. He might dabble in some flirting with guys - but he would never take it to serious levels unless he was rip roaring drunk.)

Dark Times Rising is a Marauder's Era Roleplay, set in the Seventh Year for the Marauders. Many dark forces seem to be unfolding around our heros and heroines. Around our Villains, the world is changing. A war is rising and everyone is learning that taking sides may be needed.

There is the Death Eaters, constantly recruiting Pure-Bloods(I'm firm on this, there is VERY few exceptions), and dark creatures.

There is The Order of the Phoenix is recruiting anyone that will fight for the light. To help save the future of their world, to make it a place were anyone and everyone is free to learn magic. Where you are not ruled by tyranny of a Dark Wizard. 

Dark Times Rising goes over this pivotal point of Hogwarts History.

You are welcome to play a Canon, or an OC(Limited Space until sufficient main cast members are filled). If you do not believe that there is many canons that can be played in the Marauder's Era Time line, you are quite wrong. There are so many to choose from! There are many things to be had here. Love and Hate, anguish and elation. A chance of Love, and a hope for the future.

This is the Main plot, there will be sub-plots revolving around the School, and Outside world, that will be put into effect periodically.

I am always open to plot twists.

The Year is 1977

Please refer to our OOC/Rules thread for any of your future needs: Rules and OOC
-Character Thread being created-
-Character Relationship Thread being created-
-Thread Tracker/Time Line being created-

NOTE: There will be /no/ PCs under the age of 16, I will NOT waiver on this.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

kckolbe

I am a huge Hogwarts fan and am definitely interested.  Were you planning on using a system for combat and such?  I have one if interested.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SweetSerenade

I'm not looking for a dice game, I apologize. I saw the system you have for your game, and already the details and rules I provide are a bit over the top. I have a 'token' system, that players can earn tokens - based on performances in an 'ACT' - which happens over the course of two weeks - each act will earn them a certain amount of tokens (Based on what kind of character they are playing) which can be saved up to earn certain capabilities. I'm generally looking for people interested in just old fashioned roleplaying, with a few game play mechanics added. Generally if I think someone wouldn't be capable of doing something, I'll let them argue their point - but if their answer isn't adequate I'll tell them that their character couldn't possibly accomplish something like that.

For instance, the character I'm going to play is of Druidic descent on her fathers side, and has been trained in those arts since she was very small. So she'll naturally have a higher aptitude for DADA and Herbology, as well as Potions/Poisons. While on her mothers side, her mothers family is descended from the last great king of Sweden - Gustav Vasa. But her mothers family has been purebloods for a /very/ long time. So this gives her a modifier in a higher aptitude towards Magical arts.

I basically am running this rp under the assumption that roleplayers aren't idiots, and someone won't run in balls deep with a "OMG I WANNA PLAY AN ELF/VAMPIRE/ANGEL/-insert ridiculous request with no reasoning here-!!!111"

Google

I do have to go to work soon but the chance to play Voldemort when he is just shedding the life that was Tom Riddle is a very appealing thing to me. I can put together an intro for him but it may take a little time, I do have to go to work soon... but it does open so many possibilities... also interested in possibly giving Lucius a shot but it would honestly have to be one or the other.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Google on May 24, 2013, 12:28:02 PM
I do have to go to work soon but the chance to play Voldemort when he is just shedding the life that was Tom Riddle is a very appealing thing to me. I can put together an intro for him but it may take a little time, I do have to go to work soon... but it does open so many possibilities... also interested in possibly giving Lucius a shot but it would honestly have to be one or the other.

I would be quite glad to have you, Google. Please let me know which you decide upon. I will try to make sure we get adult characters as well as student aged characters. This way the adults have something to do as well. If you need some entertainment as Voldermort, and we do not happen to have a Bellatrix at the time - I'm sure something can be arranged. Depending on what your particular tastes flock to. My character's mother has been missing since the summer, her mother was an Auror - and an Order of the Phoenix member. Possible capture and torture? Though not too much torture, for risk of upsetting a family with ties into Sweden and Norway - which would net him further supporters. XP

Rogue

I've already told you my interest Sweet. I'm going to announce my interest in Sirius Black (because I know I can play a womanizer.)

I'm considering playing Bellatrix as well, more for the interactions with Narcissa and to send her creepy letters of expecting her devotion to the Dark Lord.

I'd like to point out to Google that Voldemort is already in full swing by 1978 and Bella is already a loyal fanatic follower.

Google

I have given it some thought and feel I could very well play both of the characters
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

SweetSerenade

Feel free to pm me your try outs for your characters. I will go over all try outs for a week, before final decisions are made, this is to make it fair and give others a shot to. Is that ok? Also put try out , plus your character  name as the subject.

Google

Of course, will start up intros when I wake up

Clio

Lily Evans!

I really hope she's still available, and I will send you a try-out later tonight. She is my character. You know? If I have a chance to play her, I'll always take it.

Also, since they're seventh years, can they be 18? I would be much more comfortable with that, and as school years often encompass a couple of years age-wise (depending on the month), I think it would be nice to just have all the characters who might be involved in sexual scenes to be 18 or older. But maybe that's just me.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

SweetSerenade

Google - Thank you for the Voldermort Application :D

Christa - Just send me a Pm with your tryout. I do have one tryout for Lily Evans already, but I'm giving a week time period from when I first receive a tryout... to give everyone a chance to give it a shot. Since the RP won't start for a little bit, I want to get the best people possible for the characters.

Will people be able to post actively over the course of each act? I'm thinking each act covers a few weeks our time - so do you think you can get storylines going and complete them in an appropriate manner? Just wanted to ask before hand. Because we have to do this as a small group rp for now - till we get bigger, I will give people the option of starting their own threads. So long as they PM me - so I can post the threads in the 'thread tracker' I will be posting for the group. This will also make it where you guys can keep track of your threads for your characters.

As it stands Tryouts for Lily Evans and Voldermort are active. May the best players win :D

ALSO I would like to note that I will accept 'applications' for two Co-GMS. They have to be people who are on almost regularly, are capable of helping me wean out character profiles (For OCS) and capable of looking over Canon tryouts as well. If you are interested PM Me and say "Darkness Rising Co-GM"

Google

I do have an idea for an original character, one I want to play at the same age as Lilly and James, perhaps even with some sort of history with the others of the same age, perhaps he dated Lily at some earlier point or was a rival of some sort to James, not so much as Snape who played victim but instead a former foil.

I am picturing a pure blood who is uncommitted to the whole war that is raging, former Ravenclaw student, brilliant (in the manner of Hermione where he is intellectually gifted but not quite the Dumbledore or Voldemort game breaker levels) but immensely lazy and unmotivated most of the time.

And the Play By I found for this character.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2804/4169448624_e17ef629fd_o.jpg

Any thoughts?

SweetSerenade

OCs are not allowed to have any form of relationship with the Canon characters - without that Canons permissions. So the players of the Canon character have to give permission. Relationships are also not allowed to be brother/sister/twin... stuff like that. I hope that's something that is alright? I can't say what Lily's player will and won't allow, that's up to them. Which by the way, the tryouts for Lily Evans will be ending soon, just a few days. So anyone interested in playing her really should get their try outs in. :D

(( Also I realize you are using 'hatter' from the Alice Sci-Fi series as your character playby XP ))

Google

Of course, I was not trying to inject myself into canon, just expressing a desire for my character and giving a possible example... just to give the character a more personal stake as neutrality is so very boring if there is not something to pull them into the eventual fight (ok so I might have watched Alice again recently and been partially inspired by the rebel looking for a cause aditude)

SweetSerenade

LOL, I will say this could be potentially very damn interesting :D The roleplay as a whole. The mixture of Canons I see cropping up. As well as the ideas for OCs I hear. My OC is a huge tomboy and predominantly focuses on sports and pranks... *pats Cerri and just barely avoids getting bitten*...

AutoTune

I'm terribly tempted to try and present a little sign-up for Peter Pettigrew or Severus Snape, ironically I've been reading about them thoroughly on the Harry Potter wiki earlier today, but I'm not sure if I would be accepted or not, with the bar of this roleplay set awfully high. >.>
What posting activity rate are you expecting? How much post quantity would you prefer for this roleplay? It usually takes me a day or two to reply to a roleplay, and I try to make a habit of posting three paragraphs of text, but I may drop once in a while if I'm suffering writer's block. I'm also intimidated by the mention of dice and things. I have no idea how to use the dice generator in a roleplay, I've only been playing in normal roleplays, not dice game based ones.

And I'm not sure if Peter or Snape had been claimed or not.
( :
This roleplay looks very tempting though.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: AutoTune on May 30, 2013, 03:22:49 AM
I'm terribly tempted to try and present a little sign-up for Peter Pettigrew or Severus Snape, ironically I've been reading about them thoroughly on the Harry Potter wiki earlier today, but I'm not sure if I would be accepted or not, with the bar of this roleplay set awfully high. >.>
What posting activity rate are you expecting? How much post quantity would you prefer for this roleplay? It usually takes me a day or two to reply to a roleplay, and I try to make a habit of posting three paragraphs of text, but I may drop once in a while if I'm suffering writer's block. I'm also intimidated by the mention of dice and things. I have no idea how to use the dice generator in a roleplay, I've only been playing in normal roleplays, not dice game based ones.

And I'm not sure if Peter or Snape had been claimed or not.
( :
This roleplay looks very tempting though.

Hey! The bar of the roleplay isn't actually that high. I want an intro post of at least four paragraphs, and a normal post of two paragraphs. This is per character. There will be no dice, I'm not really big on dice rolling in a Harry Potter setting.

Neither Peter or Snape have been asked after, and I have received no tryouts for them. Basically you turn in a tryout for them and we wait a week or so from that point. If someone else turns in a tryout, I pick who would be the best. I'm not a believer of 'first come first serve' - I'm a believer of who would be best for the role, and best for the roleplay. :D

Also, the way that this will be set up is different than other group rps. I will have main threads, set for certain 'days' that certain things will be happening in the roleplay... but you are all welcome to start your own threads, to interact with specific characters. I will be getting a calendar for 1978, that details the dates and the lunar calendar. That way people can say "Saturday XX, 1978" as part of their roleplay header in their thread. This is helpful, because I will also be asking all players to turn in the threads they start - to be added to a thread tracker. These will also be added to a timeline in that thread. This is so that we can keep track of everything.

The roleplay will start at the train station, and the first 'Act' will encompass the entirety of September to October 30th. This is because I want everyone to have all their threads completed and culminated (usually about a month or two, possibly three), for the big 'finale' thread of that act. For this one, it would be the Halloween Plot I'm throwing at all the students. For the adults, it's a bit more fluid, they will be allowed to just flow through as they see fit, so long as they make sure their threads are on the thread tracker and Timeline appropriately. :D

Also, I will not limit people to sticking their threads in specific sections, for the time being. If/When the roleplay gets large enough to get it's own subsection, I will put it in a 'umbrella coverage' style section, meaning it will likely be in the Extreme. You are not going to be forced to do threads you are not interested in, I am FULLY advocating open communication between roleplayers. Your limits and wants WILL be followed, and you should never at any point feel uncomfortable. If someone is doing this, please report it to me IMMEDIATELY. I will speak to them, and turn in a 'precursory' report to the staff, so if the problem persists they will be removed from the roleplay. I do not think anyone will do this, but I want you all to understand that this is a very grim and adult roleplay. Our characters are no longer children really, and they are stepping into the harsh reality of the war.

Rogue

Just dropping by to say I will start writing my try outs tomorrow. Really don't think I have the energy to do so tonight.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on May 30, 2013, 09:35:37 PM
Just dropping by to say I will start writing my try outs tomorrow. Really don't think I have the energy to do so tonight.

No Problem :D

Once all of the characters we need have passed tryout (even during the process) I'll get all the rules and details written up. Try to explain it to people in an easy way, exactly how this will go. The first day - at the train station, will be a mandatory for all student at the start of the roleplay. It's how we start the year off. From there, you can shift off to your own threads after the Opening Feast.

I'm thinking about taking on the role of James again, I've done him before in the past. I think after that the only 'Marauder' we would need would be Remus :D (Since we have someone applying as Peter) :D

Though having a Dumbledore would be Cool... I'll NPC him for the time being, and any other 'teacher' character needed. *stretches* Yes, classes will be a part of things.

Everyone needs to remember that James Potter and Lily Evans are the Head boy and Head girl. There is still prefects for each of the houses. There is six prefects for each hours. Two Fifth Years (Not playable), Two Sixth Years, and Two Seventh Years. One male, one female. Remus is a Prefect, it was done in an attempt to help him keep track of his friends in the fifth year. Lily was the female prefect for Gryffindor chosen beside Remus in their Fifth year.

Also, Head Boy and Head girl don't have to be chosen from Prefects. As is the case with James.

Hopefully this is helpful? :D

ALSO I want to get a general consensus from the players. Where would you like the main bulk of the roleplay to be held?

SweetSerenade

All details have been updated! We are doing really good! Would all interested parties who posed an interest in trying out please send in tryouts? Once I have gotten all the interested parties 'tried out' we will begin the roleplay. I have to get OC profiles ready to go, get all of the OOC details laid out. I also want to get a general consensus from the group on which forum we want the main threads to be in. Some ideas would be lovely :D

fireandblood

*peeks in*

Hi there! I don't know if it's too late to try out...

If it isn't, I'd love to try and tackle Bellatrix (though she may prove to be quite difficult) and perhaps an OC female teacher I've been thinking up? If you don't want any OC teachers I'd be glad to switch her to student. I don't know how you're feeling about OCs at this point, just thought I might throw it out there.

Sorry if I'm past the deadline or anything - just let me know!

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on June 02, 2013, 11:22:56 PM
*peeks in*

Hi there! I don't know if it's too late to try out...

If it isn't, I'd love to try and tackle Bellatrix (though she may prove to be quite difficult) and perhaps an OC female teacher I've been thinking up? If you don't want any OC teachers I'd be glad to switch her to student. I don't know how you're feeling about OCs at this point, just thought I might throw it out there.

Sorry if I'm past the deadline or anything - just let me know!

OCs will be considered once the Canons have passed their tryout time. There is another person who was interested in playing Bellatrix as well, so the two of you would end up going against each other to try out for her. I don't do 'first come first serve' I do - who plays the best characterization. Anyways! I am really not going to accept OC teachers as of now - students are a possibility. Adults OCs in the normal HP world, to interact with the other Adults is someone more likely to be accepted.

As when it comes to the OCs, until we have an equal balance of male and females and the houses... I will only allow a certain amount. There is only allowed two female OCs for Gryffindor, two male oCs... and so on and so forth per house. One female is a Seventh, one a Sixth. I may allow more OCs in other houses, to balance out the number of Gryffindors/Slytherins/Ravenclaws/Hufflepuffs... I will state that I have reserved the Seventh Year Gryffindor female for myself.

fireandblood

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 02, 2013, 11:29:41 PM
OCs will be considered once the Canons have passed their tryout time. There is another person who was interested in playing Bellatrix as well, so the two of you would end up going against each other to try out for her. I don't do 'first come first serve' I do - who plays the best characterization. Anyways! I am really not going to accept OC teachers as of now - students are a possibility. Adults OCs in the normal HP world, to interact with the other Adults is someone more likely to be accepted.

As when it comes to the OCs, until we have an equal balance of male and females and the houses... I will only allow a certain amount. There is only allowed two female OCs for Gryffindor, two male oCs... and so on and so forth per house. One female is a Seventh, one a Sixth. I may allow more OCs in other houses, to balance out the number of Gryffindors/Slytherins/Ravenclaws/Hufflepuffs... I will state that I have reserved the Seventh Year Gryffindor female for myself.

Totally understand!

Hmmm... Has anyone called for Remus yet? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at playing a tortured werewolf. If someone's snagged him though I'll try out for Bellatrix.

And as far as an OC goes... If you wouldn't mind, I would like to try out perhaps a Slytherin 7th year female? Maybe Head Girl or a Prefect? I have ideas for her character that I'd love to run by you as well. :)

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on June 02, 2013, 11:38:24 PM
Totally understand!

Hmmm... Has anyone called for Remus yet? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at playing a tortured werewolf. If someone's snagged him though I'll try out for Bellatrix.

And as far as an OC goes... If you wouldn't mind, I would like to try out perhaps a Slytherin 7th year female? Maybe Head Girl or a Prefect? I have ideas for her character that I'd love to run by you as well. :)

She'd likely be a prefect, because Lily is Head Girl and James is Head Boy, if you got to play her. No one has asked for Remus actually, but you do need to remember this is 1978 and he's in his seventh year of Hogwarts. He's also a prefect. The Head Boy and Head Girl are not always chosen from Prefects, hence why James - who was never a prefect - is Head Boy, and why Lily (made a prefect in the fifth year) is Head Girl.

fireandblood

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 02, 2013, 11:40:23 PM
She'd likely be a prefect, because Lily is Head Girl and James is Head Boy, if you got to play her. No one has asked for Remus actually, but you do need to remember this is 1978 and he's in his seventh year of Hogwarts. He's also a prefect. The Head Boy and Head Girl are not always chosen from Prefects, hence why James - who was never a prefect - is Head Boy, and why Lily (made a prefect in the fifth year) is Head Girl.

I meant to delete Head Girl -_- I thought of it while I was typing it and presently was distracted by my cat trying to fall asleep on my keyboard. I meant to just say prefect. It's been awhile since I tried out Marauders' Era or any sort of Harry Potter game.

I actually do think I'd like to try Remus. It'll be fun to write about him sneaking out with the gang during his transformations. I've been reading his history on the Harry Potter Wiki - he only kept it secret until their second year, and that's why the others decided to become Animagi, so that they could go out with him once a month. I never knew that.