Interest check: The Magic of Charm

Started by Sethala, February 14, 2012, 11:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

Interest Thread
Game Thread
Character Thread
OOC Thread

A while back, in the forum's IRC channels, there was a little game called Charm.  It was essentially rock-paper-scissors, but with the loser being forced to do something based on what "element" the winner used.  (Of course, often something sexual.)

I'd like to try a forum game based on the IRC game.  I plan on themeing it around a magic academy, where some students know about the Magic Sphere of Charm locked away in one of the basements, and sometimes go and use it for parties, hazing rituals, and so on.

Update: The game has started, follow the links above.

The basic rules of the game:

Charm is a magic duel between two people, each trying to summon a more powerful element than the other.  Whoever summons the stronger element of the two wins, forcing the loser into submitting, based on the element summoned.

There are five elements in Charm: Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Life.  Each element is strong against two others, while weak against the last two; thus, none of them are the strongest.

Air wins over Earth and Water, while losing to Fire and Life.
Earth wins over Fire and Water, while losing to Air and Life.
Fire wins over Air and Life, while losing to Earth and Water.
Life wins over Air and Earth, while losing to Fire and Water.
Water wins over Fire and Life, while losing to Air and Earth.

While none of the elements are the strongest, they do have different effects.  The punishment placed on the loser depends entirely on the element the winner used.  Thus, if there are any elements you don't want to be affected by, make sure you summon either that element or an element strong to it.

If you win by Air, the charm that is placed on your opponent usually includes a costume. If you don't want to be forced to wear a costume, summon Air, Fire or Life.

If you win by Earth, your opponent will be either be forced to submit to you, or placed in bondage. If you don't want to be forced to submit or tied up, summon Air, Earth or Life.

If you win by Fire, you will be allowed to inflict pain on your opponent. If you don't want pain inflicted upon you, summon Earth, Fire or Water.

If you win by Life, your opponent will be charmed into something with a lot of body contact and possible penitration, sometimes involving the audience. If you don't want a lot of body contact, the possibility of penetration, or audience participation, summon Fire, Life or Water.

If you win by Water, the charm on your opponent will be forced into a solo act. If you don't want to do a solo act, summon Air, Earth or Water.

After a duel, the loser should randomly pick one of the effects on the table for that element, and follow the instructions.  I'd love suggestions for the different tables, and will probably end up expanding them as the game goes on.

The last rule is about Masters and Servants.  Anyone is free to become a servant to someone else, and that person becomes their master.  There's no limit to how many masters a servant may have, or how many servants a master can have, and someone can be both master and servant, even to the same person.

If someone is a master and loses a game of Charm, their servant is instead affected by the Charm.  If they have multiple servants, the master picks one to be affected.  If a servant is already in the middle of a previous Charm, they can't be affected by the new one and the Master must either pick a different servant, or themselves.  This allows players to enjoy the game even if they would rather not be affected by Charms themselves, or would rather submit and not end up placing a Charm on someone else.

Keep in mind that the master still makes the decision of what element to summon; if you don't want to lose to a specific element, make sure your master will summon one that will protect you.

I plan on making this entirely freeform; players can pick whoever they want to duel against.  Both players have to accept the duel; you can't be forced to duel someone you don't want to (although expect plenty of peer pressure if you try to decline!)  To keep things easy, I'm going to ask that you put the element you're summoning in a spoiler block, and also ask that you don't look at your opponent's element when you summon your own.  Basically, everyone's on the honor system for this.

I want this to be enjoyable for everyone, so if you end up with a Charm you don't want to do, feel free to reroll it.  If you don't want to do any of the Charms for a specific element, instead you're forced to be the winner's servant until he loses a game and picks you to suffer the consequences.  Since you can avoid certain tables by summoning an element strong against the one you don't want to lose against, this shouldn't be very common; if you don't like a lot of them, try to find someone to play as your servant.

Charm effects: (some will have different effects for male and female characters)
Wind Charms
1. An apron appears in front of you.  Find someplace private to change into the apron (and only the apron!), then come out and show off your new look.
2. Females: A maid uniform appears in front of you, sans panties.  Males: A tuxedo appears in front of you, missing any sort of pants or underwear.  Both: Find someplace private to get dressed in your new outfit, then show it off to everyone.
3. A very skimpy swimsuit appears.  It probably wouldn't stay on properly if you actually swam anywhere in it.  Regardless, put it on and show it off to everyone.
4. Strip down to your undies.  If you don't have undies on, feel free to put some on.  Then show off to everyone.
5. The winner gets to pick one article of clothing you're wearing.  Take it off.

Earth Charms

1. The winner has an amazing pair of breasts (if female)/an amazing dick (if male).  Worship them/it, and do whatever the winner says to them/it, until someone else places another charm on you.
2. Ask the winner if they want someplace comfy to sit down.  If they agree, get on your hands and knees and let them sit on your back for five minutes.  They're free to fondle you however they like.
3. Your breasts (if female)/your dick (if male) now belong to the winner.  They are free to do whatever they like to them, as long as it doesn't involve pain.
4. You're suddenly forced into a hogtie!  You must stay tied up until you're forced into another Charm or manage to win a duel.
5. You're suddenly bound to a wooden cross!  You must stay tied up until you're forced into another Charm or manage to win a duel.
6. You're bent over a cushion and chained in place, with your rear on display to everyone.

Fire Charms
1. You've been very bad!  Drop your pants and lay down on the winner's lap, then ask them to spank you as hard as they can.
2. Bare your breasts (if female)/your cock (if male).  Ask the winner to squeeze and slap them as much as they want for a few minutes.
3. A whip appears near the winner's hand.  Bare your back and ask them to give you five lashes.
4. A set of clamps appear.  The winner is free to place them on your nipples and clit/dick, and you must keep them there until the winner lets you take them off.

Life Charms
1. Bend over and expose your rear.  If the winner is female, a large strap-on appears.  Ask the winner to take you in whatever hole they please (if female)/in your butthole (if male).  If they refuse, any member of the audience may take the winner's place.
2. Females: Expose your breasts, and ask the winner to expose their breasts (if female)/their dick (if male).  Rub your breasts along them to make them feel good.  Males: Expose your dick.  If the winner is female, rub your dick along her sex, but don't insert it unless she tells you to.  If the winner is male, rub your balls along his dick to make him feel good.
3. Strip naked and offer to cuddle with the winner for a few minutes.  The winner is free to refuse, stay clothed, or strip naked themselves.  After you're done, put the same clothes you had back on.
4. Greet everyone, Paris style.  Go around the room, kissing everyone on both cheeks.
5. Group sex!  Strip down and offer yourself to anyone that wants to take you.  Feel free to get dressed again after.
6. A buttplug appears.  Keep it inside you until the winner says you can take it out.
7. You're feeling thirsty.  Females, go around the room offering every male a blowjob and swallow their love juices.  Males, go around the room offering to lick every female's pussy and swallow their love juices.

Water Charms
1. Fake an orgasm.  Fondle yourself through your clothes for five minutes, and moan like you mean it.  After your time is up, fake your climax.
2. Striptease time!  Give everyone a hot show, making sure everyone can see your private parts.  Then get dressed in whatever you had on before this.
3. Slide your hand down the front of your pants and masturbate until you cum.
4. You suddenly feel hot, and a big bucket of cool water appears.  Take off all but one article of clothing, then dump the bucket of water on yourself.  Feel free to get dressed again afterwords.
5. The Magic Sphere of Charm creates a clone of you!  Strip naked and make out with yourself for five minutes.  After that, your clone vanishes.
6. A shower suddenly appears in the middle of the room, and you feel dirty.  Strip naked and get in.  Keep in mind the shower walls are transparent glass...

(Xillem is the original creator of Charm, all credit goes to him.)

Bloody Rose

mmm this sounds interesting, I am certainly in.  Any ideas how the battles will take place? we just summon the element and whoever its stronger wins or there is a actual process involved where the weak element can win?

Sethala

It's still rock-paper-scissors format, so the battles are instantaneous and have a clear-cut winner.  For instance, Fire will never beat Water.  Two reasons for this: first, it means the game can move at a faster pace, not requiring much input from either player, and getting to the charms faster.  Of course, there's no reason you can't roleplay the fights in more detail, if both players agree, just so long as the stronger element still wins.

The second reason is, some people may not like some of the dare categories, so they can summon an element strong against that type.  For instance, if someone doesn't like submission or bondage, which is Earth element, they can summon Air or Life (as they won't lose to Earth), or summon Earth itself to tie against someone else using it.

Bloody Rose

mmm perhaps I will keep this in bookmark and keep on checking it out. When you have a code for the character I might venture on doing one.

Sethala

Well, currently this is just an interest check to see if people would be interested.  Still setting things up right now, and I could really use more ideas for the charms.

Reena

This does look interesting, hope you're still looking for people. I'd love to do something like this.

Sethala

Hey, thanks.

Since there hasn't been much response, I don't think it's likely to happen, but if I start things up I'll send you a message.

Kimera

Reena

Well that sure looks like a response XD

ShadowFox89

This sounds like fun. Should I bring my foxgirl? ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Maverick Hunter Cake

This sounds kinda cool, but I have a few questions that really don't pertain to the charms themselves, but character wise:

Can we play any race of character(as in races such as elves, anthropomorphs, dwarves, assimair(DnD example), etc.)?

Can I play as a guy?(I tend to play males and I am more comfortable with it.)

Sethala

Yes to both, although if you're not human, you should at least be relatively humanoid, and have a picture if your race isn't a "common" one (i.e. just about everyone would know what an elf or catgirl looks like, but not necessarily an assimair).

Anyway, it looks like we've got enough interest in the game, so I'll make threads for it soon.  What I'd like in the meantime, though, is more ideas for charm effects.  Fire and Life especially, and more costume ideas for Air.

ShadowFox89

I'll play as someone's servant if they want ^^'

Hmm... Maybe expand the duration of some charms a bit beyond 5 minutes? They seem suited more towards chat based than play-by-post ;)

Dunno about ideas for charms.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Miyu

Fire
1- Weights Shall be placed on testicles or labia until the winner decides to take them off. Minimum one hour wear, looser cannot sit down or kneel must remain standing up.

Life
1- Looser shall have a butt plug inside for a minimum of two hours. After that for as long as it takes for the winner to say it's enough.

did I mention.... I am in

ShadowFox89

Fire:
- Clamps are applied to the loser's penis/clitoris and nipples until the winner decides to remove them. The loser may not touch the clamps in any way.

Life:
- Loser must go around to every member of the audience and offer a hole to be used.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Maverick Hunter Cake

Air charm : Costume- How about some funky masquerade costumes with masks and the whole she bang of it? That would be rather cool.

Sethala

Eh, I'm hoping for more sexy costumes.  Currently, I've got a naked apron "costume" and a maid outfit with no panties (apron's for both sexes, maid outfit only for females), I'll probably add a really skimpy bikini as well, but something along those lines.

Maverick Hunter Cake

Quote from: Sethala on February 27, 2012, 11:23:19 AM
Eh, I'm hoping for more sexy costumes.  Currently, I've got a naked apron "costume" and a maid outfit with no panties (apron's for both sexes, maid outfit only for females), I'll probably add a really skimpy bikini as well, but something along those lines.

I see...

You could always combo it for the girls and make it more of a Vegas showgirl thing with the bikini outfit they usually wear. Sequins and strutting everywhere. XD Though that might be more funny looking then hot.

ShadowFox89

That's not strutting, that's walking oddly because the previous charm you got hit with was the buttplug :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Maverick Hunter Cake

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 27, 2012, 08:49:01 PM
That's not strutting, that's walking oddly because the previous charm you got hit with was the buttplug :P

Not gonna lie, I laughed a bit there. XD

ShadowFox89

I think the possibility of stacking Charm effects would add some interest and more fun. If you keep losing a duel, you could have a dozen effects on you.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Maverick Hunter Cake

XD While interesting and plausible with some combos, wouldn't there have to be canceling out of certain things? Considering some do get cancelled out already... and some just sound bad together. Like the lashes and the cross thing.

ShadowFox89

Gives you a reason not to fail too many times ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Maverick Hunter Cake

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 27, 2012, 08:59:35 PM
Gives you a reason not to fail too many times ;)

Sure as hell does, ouch....

Sethala

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 27, 2012, 08:53:48 PM
I think the possibility of stacking Charm effects would add some interest and more fun. If you keep losing a duel, you could have a dozen effects on you.

Agreed.  Some charms will cancel out (such as costumes or different bondage poses), others will keep stacking.

Also, I'm thinking about changing Life to include the audience, and keep Air as just exhibitionism and costumes.  I'll do a pass on the different charm effects tonight.