Anime Beyond Fantasy, Roll 20. Living Sins of Solomon.

Started by ZameRagues, December 17, 2015, 05:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZameRagues

Hmmm . . . I could. It would be just you and Jefepato, just to keep it simpler then my other game. If that's alright with the two of you, I'll run a second game.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

freeko

Not sure how I missed this, but if they are in then I would love to give it a go.

eavatar

if you wish, I can join this group too. I think some games run better with trios

ZameRagues

If you'd like to sure. A trio would probably be better, so if you're okay playing the same game twice then it'll be the three of you.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Jefepato

Okay.  So what character types are people interested in playing?

I was playing a Tao in the one game I actually got to join briefly.  I wouldn't mind trying that again (although I didn't have Dominus Exxet at the time -- looks like martial arts got more complicated), but lots of other classes look interesting too (even if the various magic/psychic/summoning stuff is kinda daunting).

eavatar

I don't mind. Every group has a different dynamic and a different way to solve everything

ZameRagues

Quote from: eavatar on February 04, 2016, 08:52:25 PM
I don't mind. Every group has a different dynamic and a different way to solve everything
Are you playing the same character or a different one?

Quote from: Jefepato on February 04, 2016, 08:47:26 PM
Okay.  So what character types are people interested in playing?

I was playing a Tao in the one game I actually got to join briefly.  I wouldn't mind trying that again (although I didn't have Dominus Exxet at the time -- looks like martial arts got more complicated), but lots of other classes look interesting too (even if the various magic/psychic/summoning stuff is kinda daunting).
Psychic I think is the easiest to learn, Ki second. Martial arts does get a bit complicated with the Dominus book.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

eavatar

Quote from: ZameRagues on February 04, 2016, 09:47:20 PM
Are you playing the same character or a different one?

A different one. Maybe a Tao or a mentalist

Jefepato

Quote from: ZameRagues on February 04, 2016, 09:47:20 PM
Martial arts does get a bit complicated with the Dominus book.

The part that threw me was how martial arts were each divided into three levels.  If I'm remembering right, the second level of each art was generally equivalent to that art's corebook form...but learning the second level often had higher prerequisites than the corebook version of that martial art, which seemed like it could disadvantage starting characters a bit.

If eavatar is considering playing a Tao, I might just go with an Acrobatic Warrior or Weaponmaster.  I feel like it might be easier to play something relatively straightforward while I get used to the system.

eavatar

Quote from: Jefepato on February 04, 2016, 10:45:54 PM
If eavatar is considering playing a Tao, I might just go with an Acrobatic Warrior or Weaponmaster.  I feel like it might be easier to play something relatively straightforward while I get used to the system.

We can coordenate backgrounds if you wish.

ZameRagues

I know when Eavatar can play, when can you two play (Freeko and Jefepato)?
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

freeko

I just got done with day one of the convention i am at this weekend. After this weekend i have another in two weeks. I am mostly available at all times otherwise unless I am working. I work 6-9am and 2-4pm eastern time.

Jefepato

My offline gaming group has mostly been doing Sunday evenings lately, so I'm kinda tentatively good for mid-to-late Friday afternoons CST (I usually get off work early on Fridays, at least with my current project), or a bit earlier than that on Saturdays and Sundays.  (I apologize for not being more certain; the guy whose condo we usually meet at started a new job recently, and it's a little unclear if his schedule will stay the same from week to week.)

Quote from: eavatar on February 04, 2016, 11:01:56 PM
We can coordenate backgrounds if you wish.
Sure, but I must admit I haven't thought very hard about background yet.  Do you have anything in mind?

freeko

If you two can think of something, i'll run with it. I wont really be able to do much until monday. I can try to patchwork a character on my way home sunday, but no guarantees.

ZameRagues

Would like the group to be M/F/F or M/M/F, and no nemesis are my only restrictions/requests for the group.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Jefepato

Quote from: ZameRagues on February 06, 2016, 02:46:52 AM
Would like the group to be M/F/F or M/M/F, and no nemesis are my only restrictions/requests for the group.
I was vaguely thinking of playing a female character, but I could go with either gender really, so your requirements shouldn't be a problem.

freeko

Well, I am 100% playing female character. Probably the only other rigid thing with me is I am out if any kind of herm/futa shows up.

I think in a perfect world if this were a scheduled rp session, I would say monday nights are best for me traditionally. 5p-12a is generally the biggest open spot I have right now on monday night. I am eastern usa time as well if that matters.

The time however is certainly up for negotiation. I just mention my most open spot for convenience.

Jefepato

If need be, I can probably be around most weekend nights, starting around 8 PM CST or so.  I can't go too late though, I have work in the morning currently and I need at least some sleep (it's a temp job so who knows how long that'll last, but it's proven remarkably long-lived so far).

eavatar

I can play on mindays, no problem, And I am going to play a female character. It isn't a tao, I am going to head to a mage mentalist path

Jefepato

Then I guess I will play a male Tao.  This might be a little weird if I use the Dominus Exxet rules for martial arts, but I'm reasonably sure it'll work out.

Jefepato

Anyway, Zame, is this going to be set in the standard Gaia setting?  Any particular traits that our characters should have, other than a general willingness to investigate whatever's going on in the mountains?

ZameRagues

Yes, standard gaia settings. No, nothing special you'll need.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Jefepato

Okay, cool.  One minor question that I don't recall seeing an answer to in the books: do DP spent to learn martial arts count toward the 60% limit I can spend on Combat Abilities?

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os