Some story ideas [M/Any]

Started by Vivite, October 27, 2013, 05:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivite

Hi all - I'm going to use this to throw out some ideas as and when I get them.

I work long hours but only Monday to Friday, so if I can't get back to you during the week I will do by the weekend!

Please PM me if you're interested in any of these and check out my O/Os - or at least just my offs.

Rough Job Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk/Noir

Our characters broke in to the research wing of a large pharma-tech corporation, intending to steal blueprints and prototypes for sale on the black market. Things get tight when a pair of board members and their goons turn up after hours. With evidence of arms deals to foreign and domestic criminals, and a fair cache of stolen research, our characters try to make good their escape but botch it, leaving their faces behind on the corp's cameras. After a lengthy chase, they take stock of their situation - go to the police and admit trespass and theft? Try and make contact with the board and cut a deal with the dealers or their hopefully ignorant partners? Or just try and escape, hoping they can get far enough to be forgotten?

Tomb Raiding Steampunk/Fantasy

This setting would be an alternate Earth, with the geography remaining largely the same. If you wanted to make it a little more fantastical, with alchemy and other 'scientific' magic, then mankind would reignite their latent magical talent around the renaissance, assuming the current time period to be around the Victorian era. Voyaging around the world aboard a light airship, our characters would fight off pirates, barter with sultans and comb the jungles in an effort to beat our rivals to the prize - raiding tombs and temples in the name of fame and fortune.