Wonders of Eberron (3.5 DnD sandbox game, interest check)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 03, 2011, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, this game concept was my one very first games which I GM'ed over Rpol years ago. Some may remember it's title as in the time it had got +10K posts under a month. Anyways game is settled on Eberron, five years since Last War ended in destruction of Cyre and the treaties were written and new nations recognized in. The game is Sandbox, meaning that I do not shove you to towards any specific plots but rather let world react to your actions. You can group up or go solo if you prefer. But I make rule that game does not run more than 4-6 players per GM. So if anyone who has some idea of Eberron and decent grasp of rules AND have time to post as GM, feel free apply.

Anycase here come char creation stuff;

General
Starting Level: 3 (you all were involved in Last War some fashion, so include in background details regarding that subject. None of you spend peaceful time in studying in tower or under a mentor, you all were in Last War. otherwise you would not start in 3lvl but as 1lvl if you really want stick out from Last War)
Stats: 36 point buy
Races: Any Eberron races and some other races by case by case basis.
Classes: I got wide sources so I allow most core classes but here are some specifics;
Martial Adepts: Each martial adept has been gone through one strong military colleges like Karrnath Rekkenmark academy or other elite training. To get such elite training you must be from dragonmarked house, noble or son of general/war hero. Or insane amount of luck.
Tome of Magic: Binders exist as they are but there is less stigma to being one publicly but religious figures disdain your presence and Silver Flame followers especially wants to kill you (exorcism is their thing and so someone purposefully selling souls and combining spirits is abomination). Shadowcasters are treated with suspicion as their magic may be related to The Shadow from Dark Six. Truespeakers are nearly unheard off.
Anything related to dragons: Dragons are extremely rare and only place where you could come as Dragonfire Adept, Dragon Shaman or get draconic stuff in background is if your from Argonessen, contingent ruled by tribal barbarian tribes.
Psionics: Psionics are rare and so they are limited to only to psionic races, kalasthar or very well written backgrounds and logical explanations for it. All psionics tend to lean towards qual'dor, dreaming dark and aberrations and so on.

Book sources related to Eberron in use:
Eberron Campaign Setting
Sharn, City of Towers
Races of Eberron
Magic of Eberron
Explorer's Guide to Eberron
Faith of Eberron
Dragonmarked

If any questions feel free ask, do not plan start the game expect during weekend open first IC and OOC threads. As said you can start solo and from any location so I will open the thread to individual player. But you can group up if you like. But consider my busy time schelude I take only 4-6 players (6 only if some paired or trio) before we would need extra GM to run the game. Anycase if you join as GM you can GM other players who are not part of your own char thread and weave your own story on it. You can coordinate with other GM's to weave two chars stories together into single plot. Also there will be GM only thread where we can discuss lore details or some future plots which affect everyone. Also hold fun discussions like 'what destroyed Cyre?'.

Also if you want online charhseet here is good one what I use; http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php

Zaer Darkwail

Also as added note as this is Eberron game I do plan play it fully by the lore; meaning there is no gods but ideals and yes, when you die your soul ends up very dark and sad place despite who you are. But IC wise you may not know and can hold fancy dreams about after life. But people with high planes/religion could know the truth about the matter.

Also as Last War scars are still present and it shows in few simple ways; Racism is very high among soldiers towards folks from elsewhere. Also I plan place the game in NC section so it will include NC scenes which may involve corrupt Sharn guards raping pretty Mourner (A cyrian woman) in back alley. It also can include slavery, end up sacrificed in weird cult if you poke nose in wrong place and matters. Or get your friends or fellow PC killed by dragonmarked heir (or otherwise screwed over) and he walking away from the scene unscatched nor law affecting him if you happen to be outsider or not somebody important in society.

So lots dark stuff. But this is Eberron and it's part of the awesome package.

Edit; Oh, we do respect ons/off list so if rape is in your off list we do not include that. But there can be verbal abuse and grope or two.

Kunoichi

Question: Are online sources allowed?  I was thinking I'd take a level or two in Were-Tiger, from the Savage Progressions series of articles.  Just one to start out with, but I'd take the second level later on...

Zaer Darkwail

You know, being a weretiger is quite damn rare in Eberron thanks Silver Flame crusaders making the lycantrophe purge around couple centuries ago :P. I will only allow it if you write very good damn story how and why your in Eberron.

who149

Sounds intresting. Ill be willing to join

Ill be an Elf Sorcerer /Fighter.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Well, let's go over the possibilities.

-Entered into the material plane via a manifest zone of Lammania
-Has been hiding out in Xen'drik the whole time (Hey, she wouldn't be the only lycanthrope in Stormreach...)
-Has been hiding out in the boonies somewhere
-Has been hiding out among the population of Q'barra
-Has been hiding out in plain sight among the population of a country less-than-friendly to Thrane, such as Karrnath, or Aundair
-Has been hiding out in the Eldeen Reaches
-Got special secret dispensation from the loli-Pope to live, like that one werebear there are rumors about
-Only recently came into her lycanthropic heritage by gaining a level of the Weretiger template class (Before which time, she would not have possessed the shapechanger subtype, and thus would not have registered on assorted detection spells).  As for why her family's dark heritage is only reasserting itself now, only the prophecy knows...

Really, just because a previous pontiff of the Silver Flame ordered the paladins to purge lycanthropes a few hundred years ago doesn't mean they succeeded.  Most of them didn't even have silver weapons, and were going up against foes several CR above their level. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Well, silver flame was succesful enough in warfare to force lycantrophes to retreat into Lammania. But I agree if her status as weretiger is very recent (result of lingering lycantrophe blood blossoming somereason) then she could be weretiger templated human (or shifter for kickers).

Another could be that she had been hiding in Drooam, place where no pansy paladins will go and her being lycantrophe is shrugged off matter there.

who149

(my raw stats-will organize later- As well as history/background)

Male Elf Fighter 2 / Sorcerer 1
Neutral Good
Representing Who149

Strength   14   (+2)
Dexterity   16   (+3)
Constitution   12   (+1)
Intelligence   12   (+1)
Wisdom   9   (-1)
Charisma   17   (+3)
Size:   Medium
Height:   5' 5"
Weight:   135 lb
Eyes:   Green
Hair:   Light Brown
Skin:   Pale
Total Hit Points: 22

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 17 = 10 + 4 [chain shirt] + 3 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 14
Initiative modifier:    + 3    = + 3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:    + 4    = 3 [base] + 1 [constitution]
Reflex save:    + 3    = 0 [base] + 3 [dexterity]
Will save:    + 1    = 2 [base] -1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):    + 4    = 2 [base] + 2 [strength]
Attack (missile):    + 5    = 2 [base] + 3 [dexterity]
Grapple check:    + 4    = 2 [base] + 2 [strength]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
58 lb. or less
59-116 lb.
117-175 lb.
175 lb.
350 lb.
875 lb.

Languages:   Common Elven (? 1 more)

Longsword [1d8, crit 19-20/x2 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Chain shirt [light; + 4 AC; max dex + 4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.; arcane spell failure 20%]

No familiar yet

Feats:

Eschew Materials   
Power Attack   
Cleave   
Weapon Focus x1   Weapon(s):
Skill Name
Key
Ability
Skill
Modifier
Ability
Modifier
Ranks
Misc.
Modifier
Appraise   Int   1 =   
+1
Balance   Dex*   3 =   
+3
Bluff   Cha   5 =   
+3
+ 2   
Climb   Str*   4 =   
+2
+ 2   
Concentration   Con   5 =   
+1
+ 4   
Craft_1   Int   1 =   
+1
Craft_2   Int   1 =   
+1
Craft_3   Int   1 =   
+1
Diplomacy   Cha   3 =   
+3
Disguise   Cha   3 =   
+3
Escape Artist   Dex*   3 =   
+3
Forgery   Int   1 =   
+1
Gather Information   Cha   3 =   
+3
Heal   Wis   -1 =   
Hide   Dex*   3 =   
+3
Intimidate   Cha   3 =   
+3
Jump   Str*   3 =   
+2
+ 1   
Listen   Wis   1 =   
+ 2 [elf]
Move Silently   Dex*   3 =   
+3
Perform_1   Cha   3 =   
+3
Perform_2   Cha   3 =   
+3
Perform_3   Cha   3 =   
+3
Perform_4   Cha   3 =   
+3
Perform_5   Cha   3 =   
+3
Profession   Wis   3 =   
+ 4   
Ride   Dex   3 =   
+3
Search   Int   3 =   
+1
+ 2 [elf]
Sense Motive   Wis   -1 =   
Spot   Wis   1 =   
+ 2 [elf]
Survival   Wis   -1 =   
Swim   Str**   5 =   
+2
+ 3   
Tumble   Dex*   4 =   
+3
+ 1   
Use Rope   Dex   3 =   
+3
* = check penalty for wearing armor

Zero-level Sorcerer spells: 5 per day

First-level Sorcerer spells: 4 (3 + 1) per day

Elf

+ 2 dexterity / -2 constitution (already included)

Immune to magical sleep

+ 2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments

Low-light vision

Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow

+ 2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks

Fighter
Bonus Feats (already included)

Sorcerer
Familiar / Alertness, etc.

Can know only limited numbers of spells

High charisma gains bonus spells daily

Class   HP rolled   
Level 1:   Sorcerer   4   
Level 2:   Fighter   9   
Level 3:   Fighter   6   

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

I think I like the idea of it being a recent development. ^^

Now, I just have to figure out the best method for entering Warshaper...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 03, 2011, 03:20:26 PM
I think I like the idea of it being a recent development. ^^

Now, I just have to figure out the best method for entering Warshaper...

Yeah, and she/he could be freaked out being weretiger :P. need learn stuff and so on.

Kunoichi

Yep. ^^

Though, admittedly, I'm still not entirely sure if I want to join. ^^;

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, post the char if you want join in then :). But do not mind you post comments and opinions. Also ofc there is spot open for GM :D.

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Well for one thing.. I don't have a copy of Rhea @ 1st level anymore. :D

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 03, 2011, 03:48:27 PM
Well for one thing.. I don't have a copy of Rhea @ 1st level anymore. :D

Awww c'mon, I would not had accepted her 1st level gestalt in here :P. Just re-do her with rules above and before you ask; yes I am okay with the race what Rhea has got so far. It does eat her levels tough and she cannot be +3 LA variant.

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 03, 2011, 03:51:13 PM
This game seems to be starting at 3rd, however...

Aye, it is starting in 3th level expect those who use LA races or really want to play person who never partake in Last War (or was anyway involved).

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Zaer Darkwail

Oh yeah, now I remember. Plan remake Rhea as normal elf but as dragonmarked heir one the two houses? Would be nice :).

Callie Del Noire

Your syntax threw me there.. want me to make Rhea as a 'pre-cursed' elf or Kyrie Ebonblade as the fighter/artificer?

Kunoichi

I think he was asking you which one you were going to do, actually. ^^;

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, sorry. I did meant that you could make Rhea 'pre-cursed' version. Less complicated run her if she has not already been cursed. She could have dragonmark and all.

But I am okay also with Kyrie Ebonblade, that was interesting concept too altough I remember little of her.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 03, 2011, 03:32:05 PM
Yep. ^^

Though, admittedly, I'm still not entirely sure if I want to join. ^^;
It's Eberron so I would imagine that you could be a shifter. Anyway being a shifter you already have the shapechanger subtype so if for a base class you choose either ranger or barbarian you could get into warshaper at level 4. On top of that you could also use the weretouched master prestige class. Only five levels and has really good class features like turning into a weretiger. Thought I should mention it. I really recommend ranger for the ranger shifter substitution levels in race of Eberron. One of which instead of your animal companion getting the effects of spells cast on you, it gets the effects of your shifting. So you could get a badger that gets as strong as a weretiger whenever you shift.

Kunoichi

Eh, that idea had occurred to me...  But I think I'd rather use the Weretiger savage progression on a human. ^^; It's too bad about the restrictive rules on Martial Adepts, though.  A Warblade would have been perfect for this character...

ulthakptah

because of the limited time you can shift per day I'm guessing.

Kunoichi

Yep.  Being able to have it up all the time is generally preferable, really, and since the savage progression doesn't actually change my size unless I take levels in the accompanying 'tiger' class, I should be able to walk around all day in hybrid form and with a Hat of Disguise on and stay perfectly disguised. ^^

Zaer Darkwail

You can be in martial adept class, you just need a good reason to have that training. If we follow the idea that your family holds no lycantrophes and your development is very recent then you may have background which supports that your a martial adept.

I list places where you can get training as martial adept;

Aundair:
Queen's Guard; Swordsage
Royal Eyes of Aundair; Swordsage
(Aundair is land of magic and so they appreciate less swordplay but swordsage fits as suitable 'mystic' with grace and elegance)

Breland:
The Citadel; Warblade (Sword or Shield section), Crusader (Shield), Swordsage (Sword or Dark Lanterns)
Swords of Liberty (terrorist organization); Warblade and Crusader

Cyre/Mournland:
Cyre is long gone now but it held one best martial adept academies of all five nations. You can be Mourner (a Cyrian) who got training there and perhaps lycantrophic condittion can be related to Day of the Mourning (you were close enough affected by the warping mists but far enough to survive to border). There is not much info on Cyre before mournign so I say this version;
Academy of Sword; Any martial adept, and added bonus you start with +1 discipline weapon of your choice, as con side all other nations piss down on you (as your 'nationless' and everyone has strong racism towards Cyre and many think Cyre got what it deserved, and so you get -2 to cha checks vs everyone who is not from Cyre)

Karrnath:
Rekkenmark Academy (must have noble blood); Warblade and Swordsage
Emerald Claw (terrorist group); Crusader and Warblade

Thrane:
Flamekeep guard; Crusader
Knight of Thrane (must be noble blood ancestory); Crusader or Warblade

General:
Special elite army unit during Last War (Like Red Cloak Batallion which resides in Sharn now); Any expect Crusader
Twelve (must have dragonmark); Any expect crusader
Belonging to special cult sect (like Blood of Vol has Emerald Claw as military branch or life stealers); Any

Kunoichi

That still restricts my options a lot more than I'd prefer, however. ><; Still, I suppose being part of an elite army unit would work...

Though, the idea isn't that she would have no trace of lycanthropy in her ancestry, but instead that she does, and that those traces have simply manifested fully for reasons that she is unaware of.  It's a plot hook for a DM to make use of, basically.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I meant that in her family has not reported lycantrophes. Meaning you had the blood all along tainted with lycantrophy (even your family unaware exchistence of this taint) but it never manifested until now.

Oh, I forgot that another place to get training is in Deneith dragonmark house. Warblades mostly tough. Another is the goblin nation but that's for goblins only.

Anycase I meant martial adepts to be rare in the setting. Not anyway non-exchistant but I want that figther is still common choice for most soldiers pick up than warblade which is way superior to a figther. I kind of enchance that superiority in making training to martial adepts harder to get into. Of course PC's all could be martial adepts (with the pre-set limitations and help color their background which in itself can give perks and cons) but thing is most of time you face figthers and less martial adepts. But if you do meet martial adepts in field of battle.....it means serious trouble.

Shortly said; I like martial adepts but I dislike how much they rape figther class. So I make figther more accessible for everyone while martial adepts less accessible. I could even house rule some stuff added to figther to make it more appealing (perhaps enchanced armor wearing like knight class does and one or two feats coming automatically besides bonus feats, like armor specialication and improved unarmed strike in 1st level besides bonus feat).

Kunoichi

Actually, if you want to add something to the Fighter class, give them the Zhentarim Soldier substitution levels from the Champions of Valor web enhancement without requiring them to be a member of that organization.  It basically adds a few extra things for free onto the Fighter class, anyway, so if you just remove the organizational requirement, it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

Zaer Darkwail

I got Champions of Valor book but it has nothing about Zhentarim figthers. So free web added content? Anyways I consider that each nation figthers get substitution bonuses specific for each nation. Example Aundair may employ Duskblades more than figthers but plain figthers there could get some minor magical boosts (like Swahsbuckler gets Arcane Stunts in Complete Mage) innately to them.

Kunoichi

Yep, free web content.

Those are alternate class features, replacing certain class features with others.  What I'm talking about is substitution levels that add extra class features onto the Fighter without taking anything away.  Perfect for giving the Fighter a bit of a boost in power. ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, I checked it. Looks very nice. It may fit few soldiers but it could be edited have variable suited for each nation.

But still I would keep martial adepts something special which stands out among rank and file soldiers.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, Kunoichi, I thinked that another way you could study be martial adept is through a mentor who has been one of the afforementioned sources where martial adepts are taught. But thing is, if you show off your style in front of people who graduated from one the listed sources and learn your none from the said places.....they feel compelled to challenge you because they consider you a pretender, a fake. A pride of a few selected martial artist of Sublime Way is strong.

Also regarding your lycantrophe status; another way is that you had lycantrophe blood but the curse had buried so deep it no longer manifested in the family nor has done so for century or so. But then you got exposed to another curse which triggered your sleeping bloodline fully awake. Up to you decide was the trigger curse a temporally one or do you still suffer it (consider it is strong as hexblade greater curse or bestow curse spell).

NicciKotor

Actually, how would I go about making a female priestess? It is about time I went with a haughty elf priestess/princess type of character. Elf since they don't share humans sense of prudishness. Unless they are somehow different in Ebarron, I have no idea.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kunoichi

Well, there are quite a few different Elven cultures on Eberron, really.  Though, the one most likely to have priestesses would be the Elves of Aerenal.

Online article one
Online article two

^That should help you learn some of the basics about them.

Zaer Darkwail

Also note elves of khorvaire would also be priestesses ;). Matter is what religion you breach for.

NicciKotor

Kunoichi

None, unfortunately.  You'd have to be a cleric of an ideal to get those two specific domains.  If you want the Elf domain, though, there's a Valenar Elf tradition that grants it.  You'd basically be a 'proud warrior' type of Elf, revering your ancestors and going around, bringing glory to their name.

On the other hand, for the Fire domain, I'm pretty sure at least one of the dieties of the Sovereign Host offers that one...

NicciKotor

Depends. I'm sure that being a elf already grants me access to the elf domain. Seems rather common sense there.

Kunoichi

Hmm, I suppose it would give you a justification...

In that case, looking it over, the only good-aligned diety who grants the Fire domain is Onatar of the Sovereign Host pantheon, God of the Forge.  You could either worship him directly, or worship the Host as a whole and pick any two domains from among the dieties in it.

Religions of Eberron Wikipedia article, for more info.

Zaer Darkwail

That's about correct. Or you can be proud elf (divine) warrior who takes inspiration from fire some way. Cleric of idealism basically and you can revere the ancestor you take inspiration from same way as some other cleric would revere on a god/goddess.

Anyways I allow flexibillity for choosing domains so long it makes sense.

NicciKotor

Those two feats so I can use domain spontaneity to fun effects. Elf domain gives me point blank shot for free, freeing up a feat for me to get precise shot. Going as a ranged priestess, since no reason for someone as noble and sexy as myself to get sweaty from melee combat!

Since point blank and precise shot affect ranged touch attacks. With fire domain + spontaneity, I can cast burning hands and produce flames as much as I please.

Zaer Darkwail

Burning Hands is not a ranged touch attack but area of effect but true, produce flame would work with point blank shot and precise shot. But you get point blank shot benefits to targets in 30'ft range if not use other spells change that. Also I guess you should take Zen archery which allows use wisdom mod instead Dex for ranged attack rolls with bows (and other ranged attacks).

NicciKotor

Depends if I can get enough feats for that at level 3. Otherwise this is going to be a dex/wis/cha character. 16 wisdom and 14 dex and cha from your 36 point build.

Also you did not specify starting gold. The standard rules for starting gold always seem low to me, since having a handy havorsack is just a requirement.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, for normal chars the starting gold is 2,700gp. But consider eberron setting is well known for 'low level magic junk' market. So all items which have CL requirement egual or less than 5 cost 50% less than listed from DMG. Items between 6-8 CL costs -25% less, 9-11 items cost full price. +12 CL items are considered artifacts in the setting.

Also exotic materials are more accessible; mithril armor costs -30% less and admantine costs -15% less. Cold Iron items costs -50%. Also of course MIC is always useful for finding low level items (for which this before mentioned discount applies).

If your recognized dragonmark heir, you get +50% bonus more gold than the rest and if items what you purchase are related to house business gets price reduced -25% (applied after DM ruled reduction). Example Cannith heirs practically getting all shiny magic items while Phiarlan gets related to performance or stealthy work.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. wondering if I should make Kyrie 'Ebonblade' Cannith again more and more. :D

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on March 07, 2011, 01:23:35 PM
I have a warforged named Cypher I might try out.

Sure, feel free make it.

Anycase note on house rule; I allow 2 flaws from unearthed arcana and below is house ruled flaw (which fits for excoriates example);

Disfavor of Houses
Reason or another you had offended four dragonmarked houses in extend that your blacklisted from their services. Meaning you cannot use said house provided services. Example if you have disfavor with house Cannith, no craftsman who works for Cannith makes items for you. Besides disfavor you suffer -4 penalty to all charisma checks done towards dragonmarked houses which for you have disfavor towards to. Player chooses 2 houses which towards he/she has disfavor and GM chooses 2 others.

Ironwolf85

hmmm warforged thief, er rouge, spurred on by cureosity and a love of mechanical things.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Zaer Darkwail

Rouge? A thief with heavy make up?

*pun intended*

Anycase if machines is source of curiosity why not rogue/artificer combo? Or plain sneaky artificer.

Ironwolf85

nah I meant stuff like little intricate things, like him buying a clockwork toy for absloutely no reason, or obsessively talking over an intricate lock or trap as he disarms it

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, ok. Make charsheet and I check it and then approve it. Then make thread for you or someone else too if they would like join with you in single thread.

NicciKotor

Fey Silverstar
Level 3 Elven Priestess

Ability Scores: 12/17/10/12/16/14
Hp: 20
Speed: 30 Feet
Ac: 18 = 10 + 5 armor + 3 dex
Flat footed AC: 15
Touch AC: 13
Saves: 3/4/6
BaB/Grapple: +2/+3
Attack: Longbow +6, 1d8+1 dmg; Longsword +3, 1d8+1 dmg.
Skills: Concentration +6, Diplomancy +5, Heal +7, Know arcane, religion, history +2, spellcast +7.
Feats: Point blank shot, precise shot, spontaneous Domain(fire)
Specials: Turn undead attempts - 5
Spells:
4/3/2

0: create water(2), detect magic, light
1: shield of faith, conviction, onscuring mist
2: resist energy, divine protection

Domain: fire and elf
1: burning hands
2: produce flame

1: true strike
2: Cat's grace
Spell DC:13/14/15
Equipment:
+1 mithril chainshirt  - 1270 gp
MW composite longbow - 550 gp
crystal of least adaptation - 250 gp
healing belt - 375 gp
50 arrows - 50 gp
bedroll - 1sp - 5
blanket - 5sp - 3
candle - 1 cp
ten flask - 10 sp
manacles,master work - 50 gp - 2
mirror - 10 gp - .5lb
ink - 8 gp
paper - 12 sp 4 sheets
rope, silk - 10 gp- 5
soap - 5 gp - 1 lb
water skin - 1 gp - 1 lb
tent - 5 gp - 10 lb
longsword - 15 gp
130 gp
Languages: Common, elven, sylvan

(More pictures!)

http://hotfile.com/dl/109356997/d4019aa/Ornella.7z.html

Zaer Darkwail

Yush, charsheet looks okay. Now need background and also where you are after Last War and why? Also what was your role in Last War where all nations fought each other in massive warfare.

ulthakptah

I'm thinking about making a swashbuckler. Would I be allowed to use Items from sources like dragon magazine. There is a polearm in there I really like, and how do you feel about assassins only being evil? I kinda want to use that class at a later level and I was wondering if I had to be evil.

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 08, 2011, 10:13:37 PM
I'm thinking about making a swashbuckler. Would I be allowed to use Items from sources like dragon magazine. There is a polearm in there I really like, and how do you feel about assassins only being evil? I kinda want to use that class at a later level and I was wondering if I had to be evil.

Take look on the link Kunoichi provided regarding non-evil assassin. Anyways provide stats of the polearm and I will consider allowing it perhaps.

ulthakptah

Wow, shocking development. I found that the weapon is actually from the Eberron campaign setting. It was just so ridiculous that I thought there was no way it could be printed anywhere other than that dragon magazine. Exotic weapon two handed with reach. Talenta Sharrash 1d10 19-20x4. Best of all, all I have to do is make the character from the Talenta plains and I don't have to take an exotic weapon proficiency feat.

Edit: I think I'm going to take the Disfavor of Houses flaw. Maybe make one of the reasons be I killed one of their leaders or champions in defense of my homeland to get that requirement for Avenger. Do you want to go ahead and pick the two houses I have disfavor with, before I pick the other two?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my two choices actually depend which dragonmarked heir you killed during Last War. Aye, the damn scythe is bane in melee but thankfully it is used only by halflings :P. Or if it is used someone else then it asks quite heck of explanation.

Anyways for reason for disfavor needs to be big, so striking down a high ranked dragonmarked heir works. In last war there was common treaty which said all dragonmarked heirs should be considered non-combatant, including house Jorasco healers who could keep warriors alive to cause more destruction. So if you openly breached conduict of said contract publicly......perhaps in neutral ground somewhere.....then it could be source of disfavor. But again; my two house choices depends what dragonmarked heir you killed and why exactly. Why one dragonmarked heir was a threat?

I could think example killing a siberys marked heir (a +12 level char) who is from house Lyrandar with siberys mark of storm......as that mark gives Storm of Vengeance usable 2/day could be major threat to any nation. Even if said person worked only as transport guy.

Anycase my thougths but I let you decide choose; Which heir you killed. Then I decide 2 houses which disfavor you got besides the house where heir belonged to. Then you choose final 4th house which does not give services to you.

ulthakptah

Since I'm going to be from the Talenta plains, I guess I could have killed a dragonmark heir in defending some halfling tribe, or some dinosaurs. He would probably be from Deneith house since they were mercenaries for both sides during the war, and is located near the Talenta plains.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I would imagine it hard to cause offense by killing Deneith in war where it's rather expected but if person had family who feels grudge towards you for childish reason......

My two listed houses who could be upset for that; House Medani (there was member who failed detect you in time to save Deneith heir and gave house bad name), House Thuranni (because you killed the guy first :P). Choose last one and reason for it.

NicciKotor

Going to do a background where after the explosion of Crye and the death of my entire house, I got captured by a rival house and used for their pleasures, due to my exotic background and heritage. Forced into naughty bondage and other extreme sexual positions, until I killed my way to escape and freedom. But to this day I still have the urges of being tied up and fucked silly, and other intense sexual desires from my time of captivity.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I recall Aerenal elves have black/chocolate dark skin and overall dark appearance. Near drowish but not quite. So perhaps one your parents was/were a aerenal elf married to dragonmarked house in Cyre before it exploded. Note that you have dozen or so cousins with other members of the house (so Phiarlan house did not blow up entirely in Cyre but one their major crafting sectors was). Then house which kidnapped you was probably Thuranni. As Phiarlan and Thuranni houses, who share same mark, are bitter rivals with each other.

So in such scenario a Thuranni scout party snagged you and was forced to work in their 'sex slave' constitution before you succeed escape after treaty of thronehold had been completed. At least my pieces of info. But besides that I need educate you Nicci what cyrians are, as altough you was raised in house you got Cyrian influence in your background.

Also another important thing; each house family (especially subsection) has secret performance art which is passed down from parents to their children. Consider it invidual family trumph card performances which measures your status inside the house. Every family has one. So think what has been your family heritaged performance, you may not be able yet perform it but you can learn do so it later.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 08:07:25 AM
Wow, shocking development. I found that the weapon is actually from the Eberron campaign setting. It was just so ridiculous that I thought there was no way it could be printed anywhere other than that dragon magazine. Exotic weapon two handed with reach. Talenta Sharrash 1d10 19-20x4. Best of all, all I have to do is make the character from the Talenta plains and I don't have to take an exotic weapon proficiency feat.

...Yeah, they fixed that in errata.  It's just 19-20/x2, not x4. ^^;

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 09, 2011, 03:28:00 PM
That's really lame a glaive would be more preferable and it is only a martial weapon. In fact more martial weapons with reach are better than that. The Lucerne Hammer has a x4.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 09, 2011, 03:28:00 PM
Anyway that throws a pretty big wrench into my plans for this character. Could we just pretend that Kunoichi didn't point that out and still have that weapon be ridiculous and deadly?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 04:08:17 PM
Anyway that throws a pretty big wrench into my plans for this character. Could we just pretend that Kunoichi didn't point that out and still have that weapon be ridiculous and deadly?

Sorry, I prefer keep that cheese off from the table :P. It's still good weapon tough.

who149

I'm working on My character sheet right now.

Dor'rin
As for the background. He was basic Infantry who made it out with a few scars. Nobody really knows he's a Sorcerer, he keeps it a secret from everybody, practicing only in secret.  He has become a competent swordsman from the war though.

I'm still unsure about his appearance. He's an Elf (yes I have a thing for elves) he mostly uses bows. But is well practiced in the use of sword. He wears light armor never wearing gloves so that his hands may be free to cast spells.

(character sheet comming up)

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 09, 2011, 04:40:40 PM
Sorry, I prefer keep that cheese off from the table :P. It's still good weapon tough.
Drats, it would have been so cool. *crumples up digital sheet* Back to square one. At least now I have no reason to be from the creepy halfling lands.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I assume you make him kind of gish (mix figther and sorcerer levels)? Or perhaps mix sorcerer and ranger levels so you get skill points and feats help with the concept?

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 04:50:24 PM
Drats, it would have been so cool. *crumples up digital sheet* Back to square one. At least now I have no reason to be from the creepy halfling lands.

Rofl, is there nto saying in Sharn that 'even in rainy day something good happens?'

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 09, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
Rofl, is there nto saying in Sharn that 'even in rainy day something good happens?'

Going by the official published adventures for Eberron, the saying for that should probably be 'Any time it rains in Sharn, a group of adventurers stumble across a body'. :P

who149

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

I already got my ranged priestess, and we don't need another elf with a bow!

ulthakptah

Leroy Maxwell
Level 3 TN Human Swashbuckler

NicciKotor

who149

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 09, 2011, 06:37:37 PM
I'm still the most sexy.

XD your always the most sexy.

Between your Bunny-Girl and Sexy Outsider.

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Quote from: who149 on March 09, 2011, 09:40:10 PM
XD your always the most sexy.

Between your Bunny-Girl and Sexy Outsider.
You got a little something brown on your nose there who.

Anyway, her character in this game just doesn't hold up to her others. Out of all the pictures I've seen from her I like this one the least.

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 09:45:11 PM
You got a little something brown on your nose there who.

Anyway, her character in this game just doesn't hold up to her others. Out of all the pictures I've seen from her I like this one the least.

Only because of the nose piercing. Which is a silly reason with all things considered.

ulthakptah

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 09, 2011, 09:49:53 PM
Only because of the nose piercing. Which is a silly reason with all things considered.
I also don't like her hair, and something is just off about her ears. They seem really big even for an elf. further more don't like the shape of her ears. They almost look like someone glued right triangles to her head.

NicciKotor

Zaer Darkwail

Who149: Looks fine so far, just odd a archer type of char knows power attack and cleave. But note; I house rule that sorcerers get eschew materials feat for free so you got bonus feat to spend! Perhaps change it so you got point blank shot and rapid shot so you have two basic feats from melee and ranged combat?

ulthakptah: Does greathammer allow use of weapon finesse? I know 2h weapon gives 1/2 of str added in to dmg rolls (so dmg should be 4d6+6). But Int bonus added in also?! As note in races of wilds there is 2h weapon which has 19/x2 crit and allows weapon finesse to apply to it; elven courtblade. Ofc it's elven weapon but as Cannith trained swashbuckler you can have excuse to know some exotic weapon profiency for that.

But besides that; where you get Make Whole, Mending and Repair Ligth? Dragonmark gives ONE spell-alike ability usable once per day when you take least one. Then next feat you could get lesser which gives higher degree of spell-alike ability but I warmly recommend the dragonmarked heir PrC which gives those feats for free (and added stuff). Also Leeroy....c'mon......WoW referance?

ulthakptah

No the greathammer doesn't work with weapon finesse, but why would I want it to? My strength is higher than dex. Weapon finesse is just a bonus feat from swash. I see now that insightful strike only works when using a weapon that could be used with weapon finesse, but I like the 4d6+6 19-20x4 too much to switch to something lighter. I could just use a great hammer two sizes smaller then it would be 1d12+9 19-20x4, but that would do less damage. With the dragonmark thing I thought I got all three abilities but I could only use one each day, but I see that's wrong. About Leeroy I just thought that's how the name was spelled. Turns out it's just one e.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, let me get this straight; your only playing swashbuckler because it has couple class features more than figther and has larger skill selection correct? How it would sound if I modify the figther so it has exact same skill list as swashbuckler (and amount skill points) but would have only the bonus feats and feature and two which come for free? I want hear what your after with your char.

ulthakptah

Level 5 I take a level of rogue level 6 I take a level of assassin. I then qualify for the daring rogue feat and take it giving me 4d6 sneak attack, and only one less base attack than full.

Zaer Darkwail

How sounds entering assassin PrC with full BAB? With following build; take thug figther variant (drops your armor prof to ligth, get 4 + Int SP and bluff and gather info added in). Loose all bonus feats as figther and gain instead sneak attacks. Take one human bonus feat to get feat which allows select 4 skills which are always class skills for you (this one is based on Races of Destiny feat; city born or something which added urban skills but I think basic structure could work to anything so long it taken in 1st level). You could take disguise, hide and move silently as class skills plus something else (tumble?).

Then in 5th level you got full BAB, good HP, decent skills and good fort save and poor ref and will and 3d6 sneak attack. But your more figther kind of assassin than traditional sneaky type so fort save good for you.

ulthakptah

I'm confused, the thug fighter variant doesn't give sneak attack, and as soon as I take a level of assassin I won't have full base attack anyway.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh yeah, sorry. Normal thug variant does not give sneak attack but another variant gives (it is also from Unearthed Arcana, it was sneaky or scoundrel figther or something while martial rogue gives bonus feats instead sneak attacks). So it's kinda combining variants. Altough thug figther variant looses feat from 1st level but I allow if the thug figther takes sneak attacks he gains sneak attacks in 1st, 2th and 4th etc levels.

ulthakptah

Okay I'll keep that in mind for higher levels. Right now I'll just keep my character as is. I will probably take two levels of the thug variant, and the daring rogue feat later. Then just continue with swashbuckler for it's class features plus sneak attack.

who149

Alright. I have it edited.

I also replaced Cleave with Precise shot.

I had a swordsman concept in mind when I first thought of the concept, but found that I had done it far too much.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

who149

I'm Attempting to make him Versatile, A bow focus, but can use swords if needed.  Magic only if needed, he keeps it a secret.

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Hey who, you know what a really good spell would be? Enlarge person.

who149

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 10, 2011, 04:24:52 PM
Hey who, you know what a really good spell would be? Enlarge person.

?? alright- Ill get it O.o then. I'm sure you have some reason to ask of this so Ill replace Magic Missle

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Enlarge Person is a great buff spell for melee types. ^^ The extra reach from the size increase really helps them out a lot.

who149

I'm primarly ranger- but alright. My magic is going to be primary support it seems. All the better, I already have decent Weapons.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

I do need one of you to help with my characters urges and her need to be tied up and spanked and other naughty things.

ulthakptah

Quote from: who149 on March 10, 2011, 04:51:35 PM
I'm primarly ranger- but alright. My magic is going to be primary support it seems. All the better, I already have decent Weapons.
Enlarge person also will increase the damage of your bow to 2d6, because what matters with bows isn't the size of the arrow but the size of the bow, but it would be more effective if you cast it on me. I already have a gargantuan hammer. If I get enlarged it becomes colossal, and does 6d6 19-20x4. Maybe Kunoichi could use the spell too, but I don't know what shes playing. Also it's not a touch spell, so as long as no one sees you cast it no one has to know you did it.
Quote from: NicciKotor on March 10, 2011, 05:04:10 PM
I do need one of you to help with my characters urges and her need to be tied up and spanked and other naughty things.
I have six ranks in use rope, just for you.

who149

Hm- Shame Animate Rope is a 1st level spell (one in which I can't spare a spell slot at this time). But he does have good dexterity.

Ultha: Alright-

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 10, 2011, 05:07:13 PM
Kunoichi could use the spell too, but I don't know what shes playing.

Oh, I'm not playing, just offering helpful build advice. ^^;

Speaking of which, anyone wishing to do archery is going to want to eventually get their hands on Hank's Energy Bow, which is basically the ultimate archery implement.

Nicci's priest, however, might be better served, both thematically and mechanically, by the reserve feat Fiery Burst.

NicciKotor

yeah those complete mage feats are insane.

When is zaer going to get this game up and running? I had my seeker thread up for 2 days and I am already starting.

who149

Took me a month. Lets hope not to average those  ;D

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Is the game going to start with just the three of us, or are we waiting for a fourth or something?

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, your GM was slacking in the last week. I will start the thread asap but I have homework from school so need do those and then WoW raid probably.....depends how much time goes doing the homework which basically is; 'What you need know about Italy/Italians when you do business with them.'

So far brief glance I noticed in wikipedia that Italian country overall is heavily corrupt and ran by Mafia in small percentages. So number one; check does your business partner associate with mafia.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is the OOC thread for this game, or rather games as it's meant to be sandbox alike. Once I check all who are in and charsheets posted in charsheet section I can start open the plot/story threads.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101104.0
(OOC)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101105.msg4389622#msg4389622
(Charsheets and charcreation rules)

Zaer Darkwail

Besides Charsheets go post in OOC thread too as Nicci has rather important question posted there. All those who submitted sheets at least. Anycase starting is delayed now one day but monday I should get better opening for it and give everyone chance to decide do they want go solo or want pair/group up. As this is a sandbox game so it means world reacts to YOUR actions. I do not throw plots to you expect rare times and it's up to you pick them or disregard them.