News:

Main Menu

MBTI Personality Types

Started by Question Mark, October 27, 2012, 02:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmaemarch

This is actually kinda funny; we just covered the basis of this test in my intro to sociolgy class today. I'd made a point to jot down the name of the test to try to find it and take it tonight, and then here it was perched in the section of this site I have access to with as new as I am like it was just waiting for me. I'll take that as a sign that this is going to be a wonderful site to be part of!

I will say I don't fully agree with it's answers though. There were -as with any test like this- allot of questions where my answer would have changed conditionally. But oh well, it was still fun, and it does speak a few truths.

INFP
Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(62%)  Perceiving(22%)

ShamelessSinner

INFJ
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(67%)

Quite accurate in principle, but agreed with madmaemarch, too many conditional questions.
The unconquerable soul, aching for release.

amarxnthine

I've taken the test multiple times, mostly for school, and I've noticed that I flip back and forth between INTP and INTJ, with a very narrow margin between perception/judgment - each time, one only wins by a few percent.

AmberStarfire

I find it interesting that INTP and INTJ are so common on E. It seems like they're typically somewhat rare personality types but here not so much at all. :)

IntolerableMinx

ESTP

Pretty accurate, even if many questions are formulated in such a way that I found myself agreeing with both options, but had to choose only one.

ChelseaGalore

I thought this was a nice way to sort of introduce myself...and I love quizzes like this.  Although I have to agree with other posters, depending on the situation I was in I would tick yes or no, it would be different.  And I wanted to agree with a different option based on how the question was worded.  But my results were INFJ.

So Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Judging.

I agree about the first one definitely - I can only really communicate my true feelings and thoughts with those closest to me, and that's not a role they win easily!  I am also known for shutting down even with them if the topic has gone a bit too far one way...though I'm better at that than I used to be.  I love writing and that form of self expression, but also want to build systems...and sometimes I do get internally conflicted...I wondered if any other INFJs feel the same?

I especially liked question 21 - do you use every minute of your time productively?  Well...I was filling in a long quiz when I should be considering an essay.  So I answered yes, of course!

crysta

ISFJ
Introvert(78%)  Sensing(62%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(22%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have distinct preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Definitely an introvert, and one who tends to act on emotions rather than cold hard logic.  Not sure on the other two.

Belle33

I've been consistently identified as INTJ since I first completed this assessment over 10 years ago until my most recent test only a few weeks ago.  Perhaps I'll get a tattoo.  Hmm...

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Purple Dusk

Introvert (95%), Intuitive (38%), Thinking (25%), Perceiving (78%)

INTP once again for me, exactly like it was when I did it 5 years ago... hmmm, maybe I need to get out more... nah, I'll just go read a book instead.  ;D

Valthazar

INTJ - Introvert (89%)  Intuitive (75%)  Thinking (1%)  Judging (1%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
    You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I was always INTJ, but I have noticed myself gradually moving towards the Feeling and Perceiving ends of the spectra.  I'm also surprised by the high introversion score, even though I really do enjoy doing things by myself.

Sir Percival the Gallant

No real surprise here...

INFJ
Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(44%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

The introversion-extroversion scale has varied for me. A few times I've come up ENFJ. I'd say on the whole my introversion score is usually around 8-15%.

Blythe

Quote from: Blythe on March 14, 2013, 10:03:17 PM
I got:

INTJ

Introvert(50%)  iNtuitive(44%)  Thinking(6%)  Judging(100%)
•You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (50%)
•You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (44%)
•You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (6%)
•You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (100%)

Wow.

It's been a bit since I've taken this. My life has changed a bit, and I find that my scores have changed as a result. It's been nearly two years. I'm more introverted, but I'm less judgemental (although apparently still pretty intent on that, from the numbers) and have moved away from Intuition quite a bit. I'm pleasantly surprised by the changes. ^^

ISTJ
Introvert(67%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(67%)
•You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
•You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
•You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

CeruleanSerenity

I don't recall the exact numbers last time I took a test like this, and I wasn't sure about some of those questions, but...

INFP
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(56%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

That is the same type I got when I last took a test like this, years ago... I guess I haven't really changed much. And I still like to think that the descriptions I have read of INFPs work pretty well for me... but I'm probably biased because I like the sound of them. I'm sure people are too complicated for a few dozen questions on an online quiz to properly profile.

Still, they are fun, and rather interesting.

Greenwoodtree

INFP....been the same for years and years.   I had a brief period of J..judging..when I was working for the government.  Glad I'm back to perceiving.
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

PennySludt

ESTP

Extravert(67%)  Sensing(75%)  Thinking(12%)  Perceiving(56%)

You have distinct preference of Extraversion over Introversion (67%)
You have distinct preference of Sensing over Intuition (75%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

wow...i'm feeling so isolated! hahaha! it seems like almost everyone is introverted. interesting!
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Inkidu

Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(44%)
You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

I think I've taken this test before and I actually tend to flip flop on Judging and Perceiving but yeah that's pretty much me. Hyper cuddly shy-pants. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Thesunmaid

ISTJ
Introvert(78%)  Sensing(12%)  Thinking(19%)  Judging(67%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (19%)
You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

There...even the computer says I am an introvert.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Z488411

Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(88%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(22%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
    You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
    You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Interesting, though judging on the questions I perhaps have a stronger preference towards perceiving than shown. Not that this sentence is any help. Ah well... I can't say I'm particularly surprised though.

VioletPanda

INFP

0.0 Woooah... This is scary accurate...
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

elvenslave

INTJ
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(100%)  Judging(67%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (100%)
  • You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Quite freakishly accurate...
O/O & F-list       My ideas
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
~Gandalf~
David ~Your pseudonym here~: “They’re right about you. You’re a bloody psychopath.”
Sherlock ~Me~: “High functioning sociopath. With your number.”

Moonhare

Moonhare

Strident

Interestingly, my type has changed over the years. When I was in university I would consistently come out as INTJ.

My preference for J over P was always very weak, and I'd sometimes come up as INTP.

Intriguingly, as I've got older my I has moved towards E.

I now routinely come out as ENTP.

Any takers on what that means? :)

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Strident on February 25, 2015, 01:35:53 AM
Interestingly, my type has changed over the years. When I was in university I would consistently come out as INTJ.

My preference for J over P was always very weak, and I'd sometimes come up as INTP.

Intriguingly, as I've got older my I has moved towards E.

I now routinely come out as ENTP.

Any takers on what that means? :)

Was it the same version of the test that you took? There is a full professional version of the test as well, and it would be the most accurate. As the Myers-Briggs has scales like from I to E, and N to J, were your results near the borders of these styles? Just a possibility. It may come down to the fact that you were being/seeing yourself in ways that were different at different times you took the test, though.

Strident

Quote from: AmberStarfire on February 25, 2015, 03:21:30 AM
Was it the same version of the test that you took? There is a full professional version of the test as well, and it would be the most accurate. As the Myers-Briggs has scales like from I to E, and N to J, were your results near the borders of these styles? Just a possibility. It may come down to the fact that you were being/seeing yourself in ways that were different at different times you took the test, though.

I think with  P and J I'm just very near the border..

I think it's probably true I have moved from being more of an introvert to an extrovert.

At college,  I was mostly single and longed for one close person to confide in and be close to. Later, when in a long term relationship I think I realised actually I felt easily claustrophobic if I didn't get out and interact with other people. Very much a shift from I to E I think.