Mature Fantasy Quest - Strong Writers Desired

Started by Darkmoon, July 17, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

I am interested. I would like to make a druidess. If I may, she will be able to shapechange into a raven. This will not give her any combat abilities, it is only a way to explore, observe and escape capture.

Her abilities will include some healing, some manipulation of nature, and a bow. This is the basic idea. I can add more to it if the idea is acceptable.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Verasaille on July 24, 2016, 11:32:35 PM
I am interested. I would like to make a druidess. If I may, she will be able to shapechange into a raven. This will not give her any combat abilities, it is only a way to explore, observe and escape capture.

Her abilities will include some healing, some manipulation of nature, and a bow. This is the basic idea. I can add more to it if the idea is acceptable.

I like the character very much. I have addressed some concerns with overlap with another player's character known as Mialee, a wood elf ranger with a falcon companion, and how either of your abilities will make less useful and unique that of the other's. Once we have that overlap discussed and dealt with, I would say the character submitted via PM is unique and perfect for this game/story.

Whowhatwhere

Back from the weekend. Character application coming soon!!!!
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Landshark

If Ogres are not incredibly bestial in this I had the idea of an Ogre blacksmith. Good with a hammer and super strong of course but not violent really.

Doomsday

That sounds interesting!

I submitted a male half-elf knight type character, hope the GM enjoys it.

Undine

They both sound interesting *settles into the thread, waiting to see*  :)
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Darkmoon

Quote from: Landshark on July 26, 2016, 04:18:33 PM
If Ogres are not incredibly bestial in this I had the idea of an Ogre blacksmith. Good with a hammer and super strong of course but not violent really.

Would you settle for half-ogre? The brute strength of an ogre, of height anywhere from six to eight feet tall, but not quite as large as a full on ogre. Your musculature would be outstanding. This game sorely needs a character with size/strength as the major advantage. Of course, this character would not be fit for a knowledge class like mage/cleric, and more ideally a raw, physical strength class like warrior, barbarian, and the like.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Doomsday on July 26, 2016, 04:21:49 PM
That sounds interesting!

I submitted a male half-elf knight type character, hope the GM enjoys it.

Approved. I very much like this character.

Darkmoon

The initial post has been updated showing all currently approved character types. They are, as follows:

A wood elf ranger (female, fighter)
A human ranger (male, fighter)
A Mer priestess (female, cleric)
A human thief (female, rogue)
A half-elf mage (male, mage)
A half-elf paladin (male, fighter)
A shifter archer (female, fighter)

I will be approving more to enter and leave the game as more characters are submitted to me. As part of the drop-in/drop-out policy, the more, the merrier.  I have added a seperate section to the initial post called "Active Roster", which will list only those characters who, having been approved, are actively participating. That way, players may see a gap in who is participating in a party and may decide they want to create a character to help balance things out.

I will be creating an OOC thread soon and, yes, the glorious IC game thread too. Once the game commences, the following rules apply:

1.) The DM, as in all RPGs, is the ultimate authority. Respectfully, if you do not like this, don't play. I have a great respect for the players participating and will try to make it fun and fair.

2.) Character death is a very real outcome. In the event you lose your character, the IC world accomodates revival. We don't want this to be an easy option, or one without consequences. I advise players to have alternative characters approved so they can continue to role-play if a character has passed.

3.) Players should respect the pace of "rounds". A round in this game is effectively a short period of time in which the player can attempt an action or contribute to a conversation without passing so much time that other players, who must also take their turns, lose a considerable amount of time to react to your character's actions. In other words, please don't state that your character runs off and gets something, then comes back. A whole series of things could happen in that space of time. This is a more subjective thing that will make sense as the game moves along than a hard period of time.

4.) In battle, your actions should take up approximately six seconds. Battle moves at a faster pace than non-battle RP.

Relikai

Landshark

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 27, 2016, 04:56:41 AM
Would you settle for half-ogre? The brute strength of an ogre, of height anywhere from six to eight feet tall, but not quite as large as a full on ogre. Your musculature would be outstanding. This game sorely needs a character with size/strength as the major advantage. Of course, this character would not be fit for a knowledge class like mage/cleric, and more ideally a raw, physical strength class like warrior, barbarian, and the like.

Perfectly fine. Gives him a bit more humanity that way too. I'll have a CS read today.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 17, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

Game Status: Character Submissions (PM Darkmoon), Q&A
This game has received enough interest and I am opening it up for character submissions. Please PM me your character description, desired abilities, desired background, and a character portrait. You may also wish to e-mail me your non-con-vs-consensual preference so I can make sure the NPCs act accordingly with your preferences in the future, if that becomes an opportunity.

Greetings!

I am a GM looking to host an adventure for experienced, quality writers. Staples and requirements to summarize this game are:

Length: I am looking to run this long term, with players dropping in and out as time permits.

Writing level: Experienced writers only. Details and description are important.

Post Length: One to two paragraphs or more. Good writing and thorough description are valued. Play your role, and let us get to know your character.

Theme: High Fantasy, D&D/Tolkien races with Game of Thrones style mature themes and dialogue, original setting, with deities, monsters, political intrigue, war, and most of all, exploration.

Smut Level: Secondary to plot and adventure, but certainly welcome. Do bring the sexiness, but realize it is not the focus.

Combat: Written, with GM dictating outcomes, and dice rolls in an OOC thread for some actions. GM will govern this, so don't be intimidated. Should be very little math in this writing-focused, freeform game.

Party Alignment: Neutral to good overall party focus, but evil characters are welcome if they do not distract overall from the GM's goal to carry the plot forward.

PC Races:Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Pixies, Half-orcs, Ogres, Merfolk (legs on land, fins in water), Succubi, Sirens. Werewolves. Vampires (secondary race option for humans and elves.) Please, no anime characters or art.

PC Classes: Occupation and class are flexible. Please consider the theme. Please choose a character with novice power, for growth, balance, and to make the acquisition of new abilities, positions, and objects fun and to provide a sense of progress. No god-moding as a super powerful sorcerer, please.

Please note: once I garner enough interest from this basic info, I will provide more world details and open up to character submissions.[/b] Please expect a fun, engrossing narrative and adventure and only apply if you are willing to write well and with a degree of dedication for the readership that are your fellow adventurers and the GM spending the time to make this a high quality game. I will be happy to answer any basic questions here, and will update this first post with game status or links to new threads as they are introduced.

Plot Teaser:

Approved characters:

A wood elf ranger (female, fighter)
A human ranger (male, fighter)
A Mer priestess (female, cleric)
A human thief (female, rogue)
A half-elf mage (male, mage)
A half-elf paladin (male, fighter)
A shifter archer (female, fighter)
A half-ogre blacksmith (male, artisan)
A sylph elemental (female, druid)

Active character roster:

(to be updated when game begins and players contribute)

Your fellow word warrior, Darkmoon.

Darkmoon

Okay, guys! Thank you very much to everyone involved! We are moving forward. I have introduced the OOC thread at the link below:

The OOC for the active game is now available at the link below:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253401.msg12529483#msg12529483

A first post is coming soon with a new IC thread. Please PM if you have any questions about your character. I would like to remind everyone that we are starting as novices and growing as characters as the game progresses, so when the time comes, please make your introductions with that in mind. I am very pleased with the approved characters we have received.

I will also be making more or less uniform sized character portraits using the same theme based on the character art submitted to me during the character submission process. These can be updated at any time if you are unsatisfied with your character art. I encourage you to post images in the game independent of the portraits, to add some color. The portraits I am making should be included at the top of every post, to immediately identify the character. I think the game will be more enjoyable using them. Each portrait will be posted in the OOC thread an you can use the link to the image from there.

Thanks to all involved.

Darkmoon

Hello all! Bumping as a reminder that this game is open and accepting new character submissions. We have a great writing crew so far but could (almost) always use more. Please PM me your character concepts and, upon approval, you can jump right in. I'll be priming anyone of the basic scenario the party is in so you don't have to read all of the backposts.

Darkmoon

Bump. We are looking for a few more players. We currently have about eight to ten active writers.

Undine

And if writing with some amazingly talented folks AND not having to read the entire back thread isn't enough to peek your interest?  We also have a wondrously spiteful, perhaps murderous mermaid; a great mountain of a gentleman half-ogre; a sometimes-wise, grizzled old dragoon; a hard-drinking swordswoman; a gods-mad oathbreaker and his war dog; a busy caracul shapeshifter; a half-elf paladin with so much yet to prove, to himself as much as the world; a young mage only just growing into his own; an elvish ranger; a blind druid, and a shy thief with a penchant for poisons (and culinary and healing herbs as well, of course... ::) )  And those are just the PCs.

Oh!  And cookies - definitely cookies!  And grues upon request... ;)
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Darkmoon

Quote from: Undine on September 25, 2016, 09:49:51 AM
And if writing with some amazingly talented folks AND not having to read the entire back thread isn't enough to peek your interest?  We also have a wondrously spiteful, perhaps murderous mermaid; a great mountain of a gentleman half-ogre; a sometimes-wise, grizzled old dragoon; a hard-drinking swordswoman; a gods-mad oathbreaker and his war dog; a busy caracul shapeshifter; a half-elf paladin with so much yet to prove, to himself as much as the world; a young mage only just growing into his own; an elvish ranger; a blind druid, and a shy thief with a penchant for poisons (and culinary and healing herbs as well, of course... ::) )  And those are just the PCs.

Oh!  And cookies - definitely cookies!  And grues upon request... ;)

And ladies and gentlemen, things are about to get really good.

Relikai

Darkmoon

Quote from: Relikai on September 25, 2016, 10:37:28 AM
So apps are open for 2nd tryouts?

Absolutely! Just remember the theme of medieval high fantasy. If you want to do a character that looks Asian, that's completely fine and can be justified with a world location that generates that hereditary look, but please remember that style should gear toward the more realistic end of medieval noble/royal/peasantry/wizardry/warrior/barbarian/etc. There are no schoolgirl, popstars, or mechs! I also ask that anime art is not used for character profiles... unless it's very close to realistic.

Relikai

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 25, 2016, 10:47:07 AM
Absolutely! Just remember the theme of medieval high fantasy. If you want to do a character that looks Asian, that's completely fine and can be justified with a world location that generates that hereditary look, but please remember that style should gear toward the more realistic end of medieval noble/royal/peasantry/wizardry/warrior/barbarian/etc. There are no schoolgirl, popstars, or mechs! I also ask that anime art is not used for character profiles... unless it's very close to realistic.

I did try for a second sheet previously...  ::)

But is there a formal char sheet to work with?

Vlexia

I would like to work on and submit a CS for a blind female mage who uses her other extremely sensitive senses for basic melee attacks and spells. I will read through the basic storyline and try to see where she could fit,  I'll be sending a PM shortly

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Relikai on September 25, 2016, 11:09:14 AM
I did try for a second sheet previously...  ::)

But is there a formal char sheet to work with?

No formal character sheet. Just submit basic character information/description. This is freeform so don't go over the top on abilities/stats.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Vlexia on September 25, 2016, 07:46:19 PM
I would like to work on and submit a CS for a blind female mage who uses her other extremely sensitive senses for basic melee attacks and spells. I will read through the basic storyline and try to see where she could fit,  I'll be sending a PM shortly

Looking forward to your submission. Please note that we have one blind female character already, a wind elemental. I don't see a problem with two blind characters if that's what you really wish to play. Please note that all new characters should be considered novice in their abilities, so as to make room for growth and acquiring new skills / spells as the game progresses. If you are choosing a mage, please focus on a specific element such as fire / water / ice / wind or destruction / control / illusion / necromantic / dark arts. Our characters able to use elements thus far are focused on wind (the blind woman) and water (a mermaid), so please try something different so no player feels redundant.

AribethAmkiir

Hey Darkmoon, how are Pixies being treated in your world?  Would it be possible for them to have the ability to change size, ranging from 3 inches to 5 feet?

Darkmoon

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on September 25, 2016, 09:06:07 PM
Hey Darkmoon, how are Pixies being treated in your world?  Would it be possible for them to have the ability to change size, ranging from 3 inches to 5 feet?

That's rather spot on for how they would be represented in Airu. As they would be represented in our tale, they would come from either the Dawnwood or Nightwood, two regions of a more vast forest. The Dawnwood has experienced some of the Plague creatures invading its edges, killing mostly wood elves and other fae creatures. The Nightwood has been untouched. Pixies from the Dawnwood would be more prone to be neutral aligned or good-willled, while Nightwood pixies would be mischievous, threatening, perhaps even out to kill.