Women's Prison interest check

Started by Chrystal, July 07, 2016, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Guards: 4, Inmates: 6

Nope, not going to work.

I already said I needed a ratio maximum of 1:4 guards to inmates, so unless we get another ten players interested in playing inmates over the next few days, some people are going to be disappointed. Plus I also would like to have some female guards.

So far, there is insufficient interest to make this worth my while starting.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

CaptainErotica

Part of the problem is having to play within our own sex.

For example I am interested but, since I am a guy I would have to be a guard. I have no problem playing as a female, but you had stated that you preferred not to cross play. Unless an abundance of girls suddenly decide to join the game I don't see a 1:4 ratio being reachable. I understand the logic behind it, but unless you bend your rules and allow guys to play girls...hopefully you get my point.

Chrystal

Would you be willing to play as a straight girl and be raped by male guards?

More to the point, would the male guards be willing to play opposite your character?

I have, in the past, tried to run games that were smutt heavy, like this, and opened play to cross-gender characters. What I have found inevitably happens is that the girls playing straight girls only want to write with the male characters, the girls playing gay girls only want to write with the girls playing gay girls, the boys playing boys only want to write with the girls playing girls and the boys playing girls only want to write with the girls playing girls.

This is, frankly, a recipe for disaster as there simply are not enough girls playing girls to go around...

So, here's the deal. If a male player wishes to play a female character they must agree in advance to play with other male players playing female characters...!

Otherwise it just causes problems.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Zaer Darkwail

I myself have no problems playing with male players who run female chars (with sex scenes). Only real hard rule is IC wise my char does not do male vs male sexual scenarios.

SmuttyReader

Ron Don Volante

I'm so in for a beautiful sociopath of an inmate or a sadistic female guard. I dont care about  the gender of the characters vs the gender of the writer I'm writing across from.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

dblkrose

Just asking but can I play the prison's doctor? I am sure there will be need for a gynecologist/slash general practitioner?
"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

CaptainErotica

Quote from: Chrystal on July 09, 2016, 07:44:18 AM
Would you be willing to play as a straight girl and be raped by male guards?

More to the point, would the male guards be willing to play opposite your character?

I have, in the past, tried to run games that were smutt heavy, like this, and opened play to cross-gender characters. What I have found inevitably happens is that the girls playing straight girls only want to write with the male characters, the girls playing gay girls only want to write with the girls playing gay girls, the boys playing boys only want to write with the girls playing girls and the boys playing girls only want to write with the girls playing girls.

This is, frankly, a recipe for disaster as there simply are not enough girls playing girls to go around...

So, here's the deal. If a male player wishes to play a female character they must agree in advance to play with other male players playing female characters...!

Otherwise it just causes problems.

Those are all very valid concerns and I pretty much agree with you. I was just noting a possible issue with finding the right balance of guards to prisoners. Of course my preference would be to play as a guard, but if I had to choose between playing as a female or not playing I would choose the female and it doesn't really matter to me who the person behind the monitor is. It looks like a few more ladies are expressing interest so that's good. I'll hold off a bit longer to see how the balance thing goes before I commit one way or the other, but I am still interested in this.

Whowhatwhere

Interest as a guard or other prison worker - a cook or handyman.
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Famine

I am definitely down for playing a badass prison inmate if there is still room.
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Zenkai

RedEve

Tentative interest in playing a prisoner.
I might only be able to fully get into the swing of things after I return from vacation (I leave on Thursday and come back next Thursday evening).

I had a few questions about the prisoner/guard ratio. Specifically if I want my back-story to be that my character has had something of a long-term sexual relationship with a guard in return for certain perks, does it mean that I have to find a PC to play the guard? Because if the ratio is 5:1 in favor of the prisoners, I think the guards might be in very high demand for those types of plot-lines. Or would we be allowed to create NPC guards for such uses?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I maybe would play inmate. I don't only want playing girl who gets raped by guards, or other inmates though. Maybe a subbie cell mate, of a butch Domme? Who gets given to other inmates, by her Domme, for favours?

Styx26

I'd be willing to play an inmate!
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

SlipperySue

Possibly up for the role of prisoner, ideally a shy and naive girl that has ended in jail sort of by accident (not a career criminal type).

Chrystal

I should probably explain and apologise to those people who might actually be looking forward to playing this.

I lost interest in it at the point it was suggested that I allow male players to play female characters. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people but it bothers me. It never used to - when I joined E 6 years ago, I was quite happy to play with anyone, regardless of gender. It bothers me now. Go figure...!

But worse is the fact that there is only one female player interested in playing a guard, and she wants to play a submissive guard.

This is a women's prison, supposedly. Now, I know that women's prisons do have male guards, mostly because there aren't enough women wanting to be prison guards. Can't say I blame them!

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_of_women_in_the_United_States#Gender_of_guards_and_staffGender of guards and staff

As of 2007, in most of the Western world, the guards on female prisons are exclusively female. Until the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1972 Equal Employment Opportunity Act, this was true in the United States. Men usually worked in perimeter posts, such as gate posts, rather than having direct contact with female prisoners. Male employees previously had restricted positions. Both acts integrated the workforce, and after the acts passed male employees gained increasingly direct contact with female prisoners. As of 2007, about 40% of prison guards in American women's prisons are men. In some facilities, most of the prison guards are men: Silja Talvi, author of Women Behind Bars: The Crisis of Women in the U.S. Prison System, argued that in theory gender equality makes sense in all occupations, but in practice having male guards watch over female prisoners is problematic

So, given the statistic of 40% that means for every 2 male guard characters there should be 3 female.

Anyway, as I said, I lost interest in running the game and was hoping to just let the thread sink. But it seems that there is actually continued interest from others.

So I am locking the thread to prevent even more people being disappointed.

If someone else wants to take the idea and run with it, they are more than welcome, and depending upon who takes it up and what they do with it, I might even join!