News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Warcraft: Desperate Times

Started by Krayz, August 25, 2010, 02:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krayz

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Surely, no time could be more desperate. Mere weeks ago, both the Alliance and the Horde sent a great army to a small landmass stranded in the void surrounding the shattered realm of Outland. Word of an attempted incursion by the demonic forces of the Burning Legion had made its way to both the Warchief and the leaders of the Alliance, and both had moved immediately to prevent such an incursion from succeeding.

However, even as the two armies formed their encampments on opposite sides of the rocky land and prepared to track down the secret lair of the cult, they immediately began to fight each other, attempting to drive their rivals from the field. Soon, the efforts of the cultists had been forgotten as old hatreds boiled over and drove each side into madness. Special interest was given to the old fortress in the centre of the 'island', an old orcish stronghold known as Fangblade Keep.

It was not the machinations of demon-worshippers, nor the fell magics of the Burning Legion itself that made the opening of the portal successful. It was nothing more than petty hatred as two armies that might have fought together to end the threat instead occupied one another. The portal opened, with demon-worshippers bringing forth two powerful demons, a dreadlord and a pit lord, who aided them in bringing forth more of the unholy powers that the Burning Legion commanded. Infernals rained upon the southern plains, and packs of felhounds followed by companies of doomguards rose from the black pit that had not dug through the earth, but through the fabric of the world itself.

For the first time since the two expeditions had landed, the hatred was set aside as demonic forces tore into both encampments, slaughtering all in their wake. After the first assault, less than a tenth of either force remained, and those numbers were cut in half during the desperate fighting retreat made by both sides until they met at Fangblade Keep, demons attacking from both sides. Knowing that doom waited outside, both forces entered the Keep together, and barely managed to fight off the demonic forces; the strongest of both sides, the only ones who could survive what they faced, nearly died as they made safe their one refuge, while the demonic armies erected a dark temple around their gateway into Outland.

Only with death hanging over their heads could the two sides possibly find shelter together, and with the demons finally driven back, those tensions could rise to the surface again. Locked in a stony prison together, what will happen to the two armies as they fight both the demons of the world and the demons of their minds for survival?

There's the concept for the roleplay that I have in mind. It was the best way I could think of to bring every possible race and class together without a bloodbath ensuing. It sets a conflict, intrique and drama, and it even gives a wonderful excuse for the most delicious activities, as any number of movies with soldiers locked up with the enemy outside can show you.

I'm just looking for interest right now, but I have a map in the works, and a basic character sheet/ability system in mind. I plan on my character being the senior leader of the Horde forces inside the Keep, but other leadership positions are quite free to be asked for by other players (as the people who made it are among the strongest in each force, it mades sense that any number of them would have at least been mid-range commanders on their respective sides).

Where things are going to go are hazy, at best. I'll somewhat guide the direction that the military matters take by using my character's command position to give him significant say on what offensives and plans the two forces might come up with. As well, I'll take a GM-ish role by creating random attacks of some sort or another by the Legion. One option that players can consider, but would take more work to figure out, would be them taking the role of the pit lord or the dreadlord (I left their descriptions vague to make this possible). Players in such a position would have to work with me closely in order to keep things moving slowly, as would any other main commanders in the Keep.

However, the specifics are by no means planned, and even if a peace is going to be maintained within the Keep itself is not something I'm locking in stone. Depending on how play works out, coups by one or both sides, or even outright battle, are not going to be ruled out (though if the sides are quite balanced, I'd like that avoided so full-on PvP doesn't become a dividing issue).

elfguy

Hey Krayz! I'm always interested in Warcraft RPs. I'd play a Troll female.
----

Xenolord

You got your first member of the Alliance here! I'd love to help with this. I think I'll take my role as a Draenei Shaman with a penchant for explosives.

Krayz

Great! So, we're up to three now. As a side note, my character'll likely be a Blood Elf Death Knight, though it's not set in stone by any means.

Still, more people!

AmberMK

I'd be interested in playing, probably a Night Elf... some kinda archer or ranger or whatever they call them.. my Warcraft experience only goes up through Warcraft III, but I'm willing to learn!

aya

On vacation for a bit longer; i'll put an interested in here for now.

Krayz

Oh thank God, women :D

And that's ok, Amber; I played RoC and FT long before I ever touched WoW, lol. The plans I have won't require you to pick specific classes; I plan on dividing up types of abilities (Close Combat, Holy Magic, Demonology, etc), and characters would make combinations (Eg, Death Knights would be Close Combat, Necromancy, and maybe Frost Magic).

SinXAzgard21

I loved the BC expansion, Outlands in amazing and if you don't mind I would like to throw my interest into this game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Tydorei

DylanTheVillain

Definite interest! Troll hunter with his pet Worg here ^_^ At your service...mon. XD (why jamacian?.?)
<A href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=126865.msg5596646#msg5596646> Some Villainous ideas.</a>

Looking for a group to do an online tabletop game with. :D (Warning- may be mildly newbish)

Biles

I might take an interest as well with some reserves. I'm hoping this RP will be more freestyle compared to using some sort of sophisticated D&D system cause it just makes it too hard for me to track and such. Also, like some here, my knowledge of WarCraft goes up as far as WCIII. However, if I find this idea to take off, I'm willing to play a rogue or an assassin futa orc.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Lira

Draenai Priestess, focus on healing, doesn't really care about 'faction'.  Someone in need of healing is all that matters, be they horde or alliance.  Her other skills include tailoring and jewel crafting.

Oh yeah.. I'm interested  ;D

CmdrRenegade

I'd be interested in this as well likely as a human warrior or rogue.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. my human Paladin might be fun. What 'era' is this in?

Krayz

Sorry I've been away everyone; weekend with the gf.

The era is likely somewhere between WotLK and Cataclysm, but it being in an isolated portion of Outland makes precise period mostly moot (hence the location).

As for questions about the system, all it will really involved is limiting the scope of abilities people choose so that 1) they fit within the settings limitations, and 2) the general characteristics of a persons abilities are detailed and standardized without having to create a proper class system.

DylanTheVillain

So I basically go from a hunter to a troll that's good with a bow and a natural talent with working with his pet worg? sounds good to me.
<A href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=126865.msg5596646#msg5596646> Some Villainous ideas.</a>

Looking for a group to do an online tabletop game with. :D (Warning- may be mildly newbish)

Krayz

And here's the best part; you can still NAME him a hunter :D But this way, if someone wants to play a class that isn't in WoW (Eg, a Blood Mage), they can choose to play as a Blood Elf with talents in Fire Magic, Demonology, and whatever else they want ^_^

As an update, I may wind up playing as the dreadlord in charge of the Burning Legion's forces, but I may play another role inside the castle as well.

DylanTheVillain

Ooh, that gives me a secondary character idea. (satyr's are burning legion minions right?) can you say 2nd in command?

Krayz

Well, there's a Pit Lord, so he'd serve as second- or co-commander.

But yes, Satyr's are servants of the Legion. Your Satyr could even have been the one who led the cult that opened the portal :)

DylanTheVillain

Oh, even better! I'll be the tactician then ^_^ When will character threads go up?

Krayz

I'll throw a character sheet together tomorrow, and post a link to it and the character thread by tomorrow evening =)

As a side note, there won't be a character system. There'll be a section to list abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Just stick to the lore, and be reasonable (the more powerful of magic, the less skill with weapons and armour, etc).

DylanTheVillain

Satyr is all magic nor armour and his claws are his weapons obviously.

Troll hunter be using da voodooo (XD) but he be good with bows and leather armor, mon.

Krayz

Character Thread is up =) Please read what I wrote below before making your character. I should have my Blood Elf (I decided on a warlock, btw) up by tonight, so if anything confuses you, feel free to wait for an example ^__^

Xero

I think I will join in as well..will probably have a profile up by tomorrow (friday). Assuming there is still room and all that of course.

Krayz

There's no such thing as "not enough room" as far as my mind can comphrehend this expanding to xD

Hemingway

I am so up for this, if there's room for an orcish badass.

Dashenka

I'll put down my name here for now :) WoW is good.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Krayz

Dashenka

When is the start? And when can we expect the character sheets and all?

Lira

Dashenka

I have put a character down. I do have a handful more should it be desired :D

Hemingway

Idalla2

I'm interested.  Just not sure if I want to rp a Draenei paladin, jungle troll witchdoctor, succubus or Night elf druid.

Siegfried

I'm interested as well.  Are you still accepting characters?

Krayz

@ Idalla2: Well, if you want to make a succubus, then you're more than welcome to make her for my warlock :D Any of the others are good too.

@Siegfried: Yeah, we're still accepting. Just go back through the topic and find the Character thread link.

Dashenka

I was thinking... A night elf druid is all nice but a tad boring.

Would it be okay if I would play an Ethereal?

Krayz

*goes to remind himself on what exactly an Ethereal is*

Eh.... with the understanding that you'd have to abstain from certain pleasures (they're creatures of energy; they're not going to have any kind of conventional sex drive), I'll give a hesitant yes. I'd far prefer if you could find something else that, while exotic, is a little less alien. But if you really want to go with this, then just find an excuse to have him working with the Horde or the Alliance (or maybe the Legion).

Biles

I'm hoping there'll be tentacle creatures that rape in the night :D
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Krayz

Unless you count draenei as 'tentacle creatures', no....

Idalla2

I posted my character sheet :) looking forward to role playing with you all!

Krayz

And the game is afoot!

Feel free to begin posting; any character issues that haven't been worked out yet can be ignored, so long as they are worked out before they truly become an issue.

Most of all, have fun :D

Krayz

Hemingway

Dashenka

Quote from: Krayz on September 06, 2010, 11:58:58 AM
*goes to remind himself on what exactly an Ethereal is*

Eh.... with the understanding that you'd have to abstain from certain pleasures (they're creatures of energy; they're not going to have any kind of conventional sex drive), I'll give a hesitant yes. I'd far prefer if you could find something else that, while exotic, is a little less alien. But if you really want to go with this, then just find an excuse to have him working with the Horde or the Alliance (or maybe the Legion).

I was thinking a nice sensual female Ethereal pimp. Working for herself, offering alliance and horde prostitutes :D

But if you prefer I could just stick to the Druid

Krayz

It doesn't make much sense to have a random pimp along in the middle of a siege in an isolated, unpopulated region, Dashenka, lol.

Sorry, but the druid would make much more sense.

Zaer Darkwail

Who said ethereals make any sense sometimes with their business sense :P. For many centuries (at least in middle ages) armies had 'whore wagons' along their supply wagons (at least recall them being in use).

Dashenka

Hehe I knew it was a longshot :D

The druid it is then...

Krayz

So everyone knows, I'm going to be away for a few days; I'm going on a camping trip this weekend. I'll likely get a chance to check in one or two more times before I leave, but I won't be here for a little while after. Apologies for anyone I might be holding up.

I'm going to ask that no one does anything too plot-rending while I'm away; no killing major players, no obliterating the demonic siege in some overly-heroic ploy, etc. This game was created as an action-drama kind of situation (For anyone who has seen them, compare the first Starship Troopers movie to the second, minus the second being totally shitty). That's directed at you in particular, Hemingway xP

Zaer Darkwail

Well, here is quotes from PM thread what we had about my rolls (as they appeared to be done 6 hours before my post but I think it as timezone issue).

Quote from: Hemingway on September 10, 2010, 05:18:56 AM
I checked your rolls, and the time of the roll is 11PM, whereas the time of your post is 6AM or something. It might just be a difference between the time zones used.

Either way, if it's all the same to you, why don't we just roll three times each and whoever wins, wins? I don't expect either character to die anyway, and extended fights against players bore me and ruin my enjoyment of an RP.

As for going outside ... why does everyone insist he'll die? : )

In here I replied that this game is meant to be kinda sandbox situation in that everyone should stick inside keep and interact. But I asked he could talk to GM does his assault yield his death or be captured by legion and then continue RP there in that extend (torture information out of him, convert to legion's cause etc). I said it's plain impossible to defeat the numerous demon legions outside the keep with just one heroic guy and 5 warriors (a more chance if horde combine their forces together with alliance and then along with some cunning stragedy they could do some serious dmg). That most likely GM rules what happens and it's two options; capture or death (when consider logic behind the action as I understand none of us are not even near egual in 'power level' to faction leaders like Sylvanas, Thrall etc).

Quote from: Hemingway on September 10, 2010, 05:29:35 AM
Hmm.

I'm starting to think group RPs are just too much work. D ;

In here I said 'ofc they are, as you need coordinate and work plots with other writers/gamers in group story'. Also here asked does he want roll the result of the fight or want talk about it how it ends.

Quote from: Hemingway on September 10, 2010, 05:35:12 AM
Eh, I made my rolls, you can decide based on those. I don't think this is something I'm gonna continue with.

So the rolls were;
Me 7 vs 5 He
Me 5 vs 4 He
Me 5 vs 7 He

So, from two from three rounds I won and fourth I had decided to be 'closure' round. He haven't yet replied to my PM where I ask would he be okay I killed his char (or does he prefer be knocked out etc). But what I get from this he may want get out from the game as it sounds something what he was not expecting.

Krayz

Well, I don't want player-killing unless both players consent, and I also leave it to them how to handle it. I'm not running the game with a system in mind; most of my experience has been with logic-based turn combat, with observing peers judging. That way, it allows for fluidity and creativity, while still making sure that people don't just godmode their way out of the stratosphere.

To make things absolutely clear: This game is focused on what occurs INSIDE of the Keep. The demons are meant to be a nigh-insurmountable environmental circumstance to add pressure and cause. The real purpose of this game is 'Lock some Horde and Alliance characters in a box, and see what happens'. The demons are meant to be the box, that's all. Actually changing the situation is something I plan on controlling by managing them as NPCs. I'm acting as a DM with a character in-game. It's not good for a goal-oriented game, but this isn't about winning or losing.

Anyways, if I've brought people in under false pretenses, you have my apology. I'm always interested in the Warcraft universe, and I'm sure a less drama-oriented game could come up in the future. But furthering the plot of this game is about interacting with the other players, not fighting the demons. Try and treat it as such, please.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I am kinda stuck at the moment in my duel as I need approval from other player 'kill' his char and he seemed lost interest on the game :/.

Hemingway

Posting my PMs? Well, that's not nice. I hadn't actually seen your last PM.

But, yeah, it seems groups just aren't my thing. I don't care what happens to my character, just as long as no one goes on playing him, I guess? I'd prefer for him to be lost outside personally.

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry about PM quoting, I had to quote them so it does not sound I am talking just my own thing here. I usually do not do it but consider it's more in-game issue than personal (regarding your planned departure from the game) so thought speak up about it publicly. I think we can do so that your char looses duelbut does not die nor get seriously injured but rather disarmed or temporally disabled to drive kaladir's 'point'. But he then refuses escort you now and then you go to lone charge to horde outside and get whacked for good I guess.

Krayz

Well, I'm kind-of back from hiatus; my girlfriend is over, so I probably won't be on again today, but you'll hear more from me tomorrow for sure. I hope things haven't gone too crazy in my absence.

@Hemingway: Sorry mate. I'm sure you would have fun in a different kind of game, but the character/environment match was a really bad one for this, I think. As long as you don't mind, I'll work that one out quickly in my next post.

Biles

I had to change my character's biology and reword some of the things in her abilities so that they're more consistent and that it would suit my character's nature better. Not much has changed in her abilities and whatnot so don't worry, my character is still relatively the same, it's just better refined.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

LIAR

I am back from my trip and interested and able to join this roleplay now! Is there still room for one more?

Krayz

Of course you can, Akina.

And I'll take a look ASAP, Biles.

LIAR

Would there be a preference over me playing alliance/horde male/female? I'm fine playing whatever role desired to offer balance to the game if it's needed.

Krayz

We have more Horde characters than Alliance characters, at the moment, so if you want to choose for balance, pick Alliance.

Zaer Darkwail

Alliance member definently at least. Altough there is quite few males around but I do not mind if you roll female :).

Tackyhillbilly

I vote Alliance Female, but thats just me.

LIAR

I will create an Alliance chick then!

Ptolemy

zemo8801

If there is a spot to play a rogue I would like to join up? or really any type of class just would like to do a wow game as of late.
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

Krayz

Things seem to be kind of dying, guys. But by all means, join up if you wish. Post in the character thread (a link can be found earlier in this topic), and c'mon in.

Zaer Darkwail

I still wait your update regarding demonhunter and orc duel Krayz.

Krayz

Sorry, been busy the last few days. I've been waiting for Idalla to reply, but the situation seems to have driven her off =/

I'll get things up to date in the next hour or so, promise.

zemo8801

I'll cook up a bio soon I just can't seem to find a nice pic.
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

Biles

Don't worry, I'm still active, I just have to wait for the right moment to make my move :3
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Dominioness

Always interested in WoW stuff. I mostly play Belf priestess, but I've played a Dwarf priestess as well.
Actually... yeah, I've played any and every race/class.
Been a while since I was alliance for RP, but I'm willing if you still need them.
The game still on?

Krayz

We are, and take your pick. I think we're about even on players now, so pick your poison :)

LIAR

Krayz

This is pretty much the OOC thread. We have one for characters, and one for playing, so it makes sense (to me, anyways) that any OOC simply goes in here.

LIAR

I have to go out of town; family emergency. My replies will be limited.

Drako

Got a few quick questions. One: still accepting characters? (Ignore the other questions if the answer to One is No.) Two: Is there enough balance at the moment that I can play a horde race? Three: Are Death Knights allowed to operate separate from the Lich King?

Krayz